Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (998670 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
I think you should visit their office, this calls may not be giving you the needed feedback.

DboyizGood:

Fake prophecy

And EOR is over 12weeks now and yet called BC today for feedback and was told to exercise patience.

These guys are not Alright again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
Please, for a lady who has step children, does she have to show POF for her husband's children as well?

Ethelia:
My people, I can understand adding step siblings to the application but step parents? under which section will their details go? or will you have 2 names listed as mother /father?

I think listing the step siblings ( and indicating them as such) is enough. Anyway, to each his own smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fadia: 8:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
Are they part of your dependents? If yes, then you need to show POF for them too.

Bellniki1:
Please, for a lady who has step children, does she have to show POF for her husband's children as well?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
Fadia:
Are they part of your dependents? If yes, then you need to show POF for them too.

They are not directly dependent on the lady but dependents of the lady's husband.
Please note that the lady is the principal applicant and the husband has children before the current marriage.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
Bellniki1:

They are not directly dependent on the lady but dependents of the lady's husband.
Please note that the lady is the principal applicant and the husband has children before the current marriage.
They are dependent and POF must cover them once she lists them. Children of PA or spouse must be accounted for whether they had them together or in their previous marriages or with their fuccckmates.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kmgb: 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
agates:

I uploaded current passport and got an ADR to submit the expired pages. You might want to rethink submitting only the current one

I think submitting ONLY biodata of current passport along with visas and stamps on current n past passport should work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
Thanks
Elfmannisback:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fadia: 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
As long as they're listed on the EE profile as dependents they'd have to show POF for them

Bellniki1:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dumsydsassy1: 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
Chai! shocked

Elfmannisback:

They are dependent and POF must cover them once she lists them. Children of PA or spouse must be accounted for whether they had them together or in their previous marriages or with their fuccckmates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
dumsydsassy1:
Chai! shocked

Bellniki1 for no clean up if na babymamas/Daddys. Nettoyez ici!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
veritas3:
@pcachuks

It is a known fact that WES isn't favourable when it comes to assessing Law degrees hence the use of IQAS.

A report from WES was posted to clear his doubts together with comments that the VOs used "two certificates" when taking their decision.

Find below report from IQAS and also the one from WES to see the difference in wordings(take note of the use of "Professional"wink

That difference is what they look at.

So it is clear now that IRCC sees LLB ECA from WES as two or more certificates etc, so folks if u want that, u must not involve ur BL.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianWasp: 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
This is because the llb and bl certificates were evaluated together. A professional law degree is a professional law degree and even if WES evaluates llb as a 3 year bachelors, it is still a law degree for which points for masters can be claimed. My point is, if using WES, evaluate only your llb.
veritas3:
@pcachuks

A report from WES was posted to clear his doubts together with comments that the VOs used "two certificates" when taking their decision.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
CanadianWasp:
This is because the llb and bl certificates were evaluated together. A professional law degree is a professional law degree and even if WES evaluates llb as a 3 year bachelors, it is still a law degree for which points for masters can be claimed.
How? I'm at sea.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by LeakPlug(m): 10:27pm On Jun 12, 2018
ArcUgo:
Hello Nairalanders, please has anyone successfully evaluated National Institute of Management (Chartered) Certificate. Your answers will much appreciated. Thanks

Please any response? I'm also in the same boat.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianWasp: 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
IRCC states clearly "enter the highest degree for which you had an educational credential assessment if you studied outside Canada" and went on to list law as a professional degree for which a license is required to practice. In this case, your highest degree is llb which you have gone on to evaluate. IRCC didn't say it must compare with a professional degree by Canadian standards. So yeah, doesn't matterwhat WES compares it to. It is still a professional degree.

BTW, I know some people who have gotten copr claiming points for masters with their WES bachelor's evaluation.
Elfmannisback:

How? I'm at sea.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by koonlay5: 10:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
Let's avoid confusing the issue. Like i did in my own, if you think you know better, kindly go ahead and evaluate yours as you deem fit. CIC statest classifies law as a professional course but it uses the ECA evaluation to group. This was further revealed in my GCMS note.

You might also wish to note that i requested for explanation as regards their evaluation and received this reply:
Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

The main criteria that World Education Services considers when assessing a foreign credential is the structure, scope, level and intent of the program. Those factors are expressed in terms of admission requirements to the program, the content and structure of the program, and the function that the foreign credential is designed to serve in the home country. Based on our findings, it is the opinion of World Education Services that your Bachelor of Law degree and your Certificate of Call to the Bar are comparable to a bachelor’s degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year) in Canada.

We reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct. We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations

As pointed out earlier, WES does not have a good evaluation for our Law

CanadianWasp:
This is because the llb and bl certificates were evaluated together. A professional law degree is a professional law degree and even if WES evaluates llb as a 3 year bachelors, it is still a law degree for which points for masters can be claimed. My point is, if using WES, evaluate only your llb.

pcachuks:

Doesn't matter if you use WES or IQAS. Law bachelor degree is seen as a professional degree by CIC. Find below information from Canada web site.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
CanadianWasp:
IRCC states clearly "enter the highest degree for which you had an educational credential assessment if you studied outside Canada" and went on to list law as a professional degree for which a license is required to practice. In this case, your highest degree is llb which you have gone on to evaluate. IRCC didn't say it must compare with a professional degree by Canadian standards. So yeah, doesn't matterwhat WES compares it to. It is still a professional degree.

BTW, I know some people who have gotten copr claiming points for masters with their WES bachelor's evaluation.
OK.. A new one. But guys, don't try this at home.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by koonlay5: 10:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
Were they kind to share their GCMS notes with you to see that the final assessment by the VO was with a Masters degree.
Let's dont lead others falsely. I took the risk because i knew either way, i was above the cut off for that ITA.

CanadianWasp:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by boundlessjoy: 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
koonlay5:
Were they kind to share their GCMS notes with you to see that the final assessment by the VO was with a Masters degree.
Let's dont lead others falsely. I took the risk because i knew either way, i was above the cut off for that ITA.

I agree with you. A few pages back, someone explained how CIC treated her spouse’s WES evaluated LLB and BL as “two or more certificates” instead of the “professional degree” they keyed into their application, with the effect of a reduced CRS score. However, this issue has severally been overflogged and some people would rather learn from personal experiences than witnessed circumstances.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by QuantumK: 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
smslive2:
send an email in the format below to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Subject: EE Profile No - Visa Office

Dear Officer, 

Greetings,

I would like to inquire about the status and the visa office that is handling my application.

Application details are as follows:

Given Name : 

Surname : 

Email Address:

Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD) : 

Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Number :

Application Number :

Category of Immigration : Federal Skilled Worker

Number of Applicants :

Thank you. 

Yours sincerely,

Thank you for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by QuantumK: 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
QSola:

Immiottawa is responsible for taking payments. U can find out your vo after your case file has been transferred or after a month or two plus by calling the cic customer care. U can also order gcms notes maybe 2 month after submitting to know your visa office

Okay. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by IFEAGO: 11:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
This may sound very good but not advisable to try it, I have a friend who evaluated his pharmacy degree with WES, and his ECA came out as "Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in pharmacy", while filling his form pre & post ITA he chose "Five or more years of professional university study in pharmacy". Due to the delay in his application, he ordered for GCMS and realised the reviewer recalculated his score and this reduced his points due to the content of his ECA. An evaluation with PEBC has now been completed pending when the application becomes rejected or refused. Please not the applicant's NOC has nothing to do with that of a pharmacist.

CanadianWasp:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 12, 2018
IFEAGO:
This may sound very good but not advisable to try it, I have a friend who evaluated his pharmacy degree with WES, and his ECA came out as "Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in pharmacy", while filling his form pre & post ITA he chose "Five or more years of professional university study in pharmacy". Due to the delay in his application, he ordered for GCMS and realised the reviewer recalculated his score and this reduced his points due to the content of his ECA. An evaluation with PEBC has now been completed pending when the application becomes rejected or refused. Please not the applicant's NOC has nothing to do with that of a pharmacist.

He can send them the PEBC ECA of it is available to forestall the incoming refusal.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 2:48am On Jun 13, 2018
koonlay5:
Let's avoid confusing the issue.

Please leave them to be speaking grammar if they insist on learning the hard way. Me not a lawyer this was one of the first principles I learnt on the the thread. Lawyer= WES bad, IQAS good. Confirmed with proof and folks have shared their experiences here.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Principessa0: 4:36am On Jun 13, 2018
Hello house, I have a question and I hope someone can provide some answers.
I received a request from Accra office to submit my passport, photograph and PR fee within 15 days.
I applied for PR from Nigeria, was directed to submit to Halifax. File was transferred to Accra and have continued to be processed by Accra. I also applied for a work permit, which I have been using to work in Canada. It did not state in my letter where to send the document, but it was sent from Accra immigration office.
Anyway, I am not sure where to send my document. I was hoping that I can submit it to Ottawa since I live in Canada. I have been trying to call CIC but cannot get through. I have sent a web form but I am yet to receive a response. Has anybody been in this situation? Where should I send my document to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:50am On Jun 13, 2018
So CanadianWasp and pcachuks didn't read koonlay's post just few pages back and they're arguing that law is professional degree irrespective of how WES evaluates it? FYI, Koonlay stated how his points were reduced but lucky it was still up to the cut off.
I believe enough has been said here about Law degree and IQAS. Whoever wants to send his law degree to WES should silently do so. Don't tell us and don't come here to argue about it. Thank you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianWasp: 5:05am On Jun 13, 2018
There's a difference in this case. A pharmacy degree is only evaluated by pebc. That's the rule. There's no rule like this for lawyers.
IFEAGO:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianWasp: 5:06am On Jun 13, 2018
Koonlay's points were reduced because he evaluated 2 certificates
ysteph:
So CanadianWasp and pcachuks didn't read koonlay's post just few pages back and they're arguing that law is professional degree irrespective of how WES evaluates it? FYI, Koonlay stated how his points were reduced but lucky it was still up to the cut off.
I believe enough has been said here about Law degree and IQAS. Whoever wants to send his law degree to WES should silently do so. Don't tell us and don't come here to argue about it. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianWasp: 5:12am On Jun 13, 2018
Explanation from WES, not IRCC. Anyway, I'm not speaking from my experience but the experience of others so really, what do I know other than that and my personal opinion regarding the subject smiley
koonlay5:

We reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct. We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations[/i]

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianWasp: 5:14am On Jun 13, 2018
Fyi, no one has confirmed submitting wes evaluation for only llb and gotten points reduced to a bachelors by the VO smiley
Tojued:

Please leave them to be speaking grammar if they insist on learning the hard way. Me not a lawyer this was one of the first principles I learnt on the the thread. Lawyer= WES bad, IQAS good. Confirmed with proof and folks have shared their experiences here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.