Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (998792 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Principessa0: 5:57am On Jun 13, 2018
Hello house, I have a question and I hope someone can provide some answers.
I received a request from Accra office to submit my passport, photograph and PR fee within 15 days.
I applied for PR from Nigeria, was directed to submit to Halifax. File was transferred to Accra and have continued to be processed by Accra. I also applied for a work permit, which I have been using to work in Canada. It did not state in my letter where to send the document, but it was sent from Accra immigration office.
Anyway, I am not sure where to send my document. I was hoping that I can submit it to Ottawa since I live in Canada. I have been trying to call CIC but cannot get through. I have sent a web form but I am yet to receive a response. Has anybody been in this situation? Where should I send my document to?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by beeodun: 6:04am On Jun 13, 2018
o2:

yes oh, you can say that again. my marks on express entry was 348 because I didn't have masters and my ielts was Clb 8 not 9 but with the 600marks, na to apply straight. Wish you the best in your PNP journey.

Wow, please how tedious is the OINP and I heard that of Ontario is way expensive;can you give an idea? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 13, 2018
Please who has written IELTS general in Port Harcourt through MOD/IDP.. Did they provide headphones? How was your result? Please tell me I want to book last week of July.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by IFEAGO: 6:25am On Jun 13, 2018
Good point, I will let him know ASAP. Thanks.
Elfmannisback:

He can send them the PEBC ECA of it is available to forestall the incoming refusal.

Not true please, let’s not be misled. I did my evaluation with WES, because my primary NOC doesn’t fall under 3131 (Pharmacists) and like many other colleagues and some folks here it will be accepted. PEBC is a MUST if the applicant’s primary NOC falls under 3131. My advice to anyone who attended Uniben and was awarded BPharm and PharmD, please use WES if your NOC isn’t 3131, PharmD is evaluated as a Masters degree while BPharm is evaluated as “Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in Pharmacy”. This will enable you save cash for now as compared to PEBC which costs about 400k at the moment.
CanadianWasp:
There's a difference in this case. A pharmacy degree is only evaluated by pebc. That's the rule. There's no rule like this for lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pcachuks(f): 6:28am On Jun 13, 2018
What I meant is that that it doesn’t mater what WES writes on your evaluation. My sister evaluation was written bachelor in law by WES but she selected professional degree. Have seen many people on this forum who used WES for law degree credential evaluation and was able to select professional degree on express profile.CIC gave them PPR without issue. To sum it up, CIC sees bachelor in law as a professional degree. You can refer to the link I attached earlier.

You just have to select professional degree on your profile.
veritas3:
@pcachuks

It is a known fact that WES isn't favourable when it comes to assessing Law degrees hence the use of IQAS.

A report from WES was posted to clear his doubts together with comments that the VOs used "two certificates" when taking their decision.

Find below report from IQAS and also the one from WES to see the difference in wordings(take note of the use of "Professional"wink

That difference is what they look at.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pcachuks(f): 6:32am On Jun 13, 2018
CanadianWasp:
IRCC states clearly "enter the highest degree for which you had an educational credential assessment if you studied outside Canada" and went on to list law as a professional degree for which a license is required to practice. In this case, your highest degree is llb which you have gone on to evaluate. IRCC didn't say it must compare with a professional degree by Canadian standards. So yeah, doesn't matterwhat WES compares it to. It is still a professional degree.

Exactly what I’m saying.. correct !!

BTW, I know some people who have gotten copr claiming points for masters with their WES bachelor's evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 13, 2018
Principessa0:
Hello house, I have a question and I hope someone can provide some answers.
I received a request from Accra office to submit my passport, photograph and PR fee within 15 days.
I applied for PR from Nigeria, was directed to submit to Halifax. File was transferred to Accra and have continued to be processed by Accra. I also applied for a work permit, which I have been using to work in Canada. It did not state in my letter where to send the document, but it was sent from Accra immigration office.
Anyway, I am not sure where to send my document. I was hoping that I can submit it to Ottawa since I live in Canada. I have been trying to call CIC but cannot get through. I have sent a web form but I am yet to receive a response. Has anybody been in this situation? Where should I send my document to?
Thanks

The average turnaround time for getting a response for CSE is 10 business days.

Send a mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and Accra urgently asking for a change in visa office stating that you are presently based in Canada. You can also try calling +1 (888) 242-2100 since you are in Canada or +1 (613) 960-1000(from Outside Canada)

Congrats on your PPR

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pcachuks(f): 6:39am On Jun 13, 2018
Bachelor of law is a professional degree regardless of who did the evaluation. WES or IQAS it doesn’t matter, just select professional degree and you are good to go.

ysteph:
So CanadianWasp and pcachuks didn't read koonlay's post just few pages back and they're arguing that law is professional degree irrespective of how WES evaluates it? FYI, Koonlay stated how his points were reduced but lucky it was still up to the cut off.
I believe enough has been said here about Law degree and IQAS. Whoever wants to send his law degree to WES should silently do so. Don't tell us and don't come here to argue about it. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pcachuks(f): 6:40am On Jun 13, 2018
CanadianWasp:
Fyi, no one has confirmed submitting wes evaluation for only llb and gotten points reduced to a bachelors by the VO smiley
My sister used Wes and had no issues.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Principessa0: 6:57am On Jun 13, 2018
veritas3:

The average turnaround time for getting a response for CSE is 10 business days.

Send a mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and Accra urgently asking for a change in visa office stating that you are presently based in Canada. You can also try calling +1 (888) 242-2100 since you are in Canada or +1 (613) 960-1000(from Outside Canada)

Congrats on your PPR

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by emafav: 7:31am On Jun 13, 2018
Dear House,

EVALUATION COMPLETED NOTIFICATION: The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Please, I hope using my hubby Surname will not affect me?

Thanks for quick response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 13, 2018
pcachuks:

Until u provide her GCMS note and know if her score dropped but not out of the lowest for the invitation round.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 13, 2018
emafav:
Dear House,

EVALUATION COMPLETED NOTIFICATION: The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Same old..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArcUgo(m): 7:47am On Jun 13, 2018
No it won't. Carry go!
emafav:
Dear House,
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by emafav: 7:47am On Jun 13, 2018
Please i need advice...

My ECA Report: EVALUATION COMPLETED NOTIFICATION: The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Name on Credential: My father's name showing
Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Awarded By: Federal University of Technology, Akure
Major/Specialization: Physics
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Please, I hope using my hubby Surname on my international passport and also on WES profile will not affect me?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by katyamizotta: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2018
ogenel7:

Please who has written IELTS general in Port Harcourt through MOD/IDP.. Did they provide headphones? How was your result? Please tell me I want to book last week of July.

Yes headphones are provided. Don't seat close to the ACs or request them to be put off before your listening exercise. The vibrations are distracting.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 7:50am On Jun 13, 2018
Has she ordered for GCMS notes? Do you know if her points if dropped was still above the score for invitation in that round? These are the questions you need to answer. Until there is such proof my brethren, stick with the tried and tested option please. If y'all have the money and time to waste, then by all means, go ahead and use WES. We will be here to hear the stories,
whether good or bad.
pcachuks:

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 7:51am On Jun 13, 2018
Of course not. emafav you don tey for this thread o. You suppose know this one naa.
emafav:
Please i need advice...

Please, I hope using my hubby Surname on my international passport and also on WES profile will not affect me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by emafav: 7:52am On Jun 13, 2018
ArcUgo:
No it won't. Carry go!
ArcUgo:
No it won't. Carry go!
@ArcUgo: Thanks for quick response. cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 7:59am On Jun 13, 2018
Abi.

Newmum0615:
Has she ordered for GCMS notes? Do you know if her points if dropped was still above the score for invitation in that round? These are the questions you need to answer. Until there is such proof my brethren, stick with the tried and tested option please. If y'all have the money and time to waste, then by all means, go ahead and use WES. We will be here to hear the stories,
whether good or bad.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 8:00am On Jun 13, 2018
Newmum0615:
Of course not. emafav you don tey for this thread o. You suppose know this one naa.

There's this spirit of confusion that usually descends when the situation is personal. There is usually more clarity when it's another person's situation that's involved undecided

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianWasp: 8:08am On Jun 13, 2018
A professional degree as specified by ircc has same points with a masters degree.
The evaluation report does not have to expressly state that the degree is compared to a professional degree in law. Please see a screenshot of what CIC says regarding what the evaluation report should contain.

In any event, I'm not trying to be misleading. If you are more comfortable using IQAS, by all means go for it. But a lot of people who weren't aware of the difference in the report have gone on to use WES. What happens to them? To reevaluate with IQAS because of the difference in terminology? I think not. Again, please see excerpt from CIC regarding this.
veritas3:

Hope you know there's a difference between a professional degree and a three/four year bachelors degree and the points being claimed is not for Masters but for a First Professional Degree.

The Canadian immigration body has charged the different evaluating bodies with the task of seeing how our degree compares to theirs and when the body clearly states four years and not First professional degree that brings about conflict and you will not be with the assessing officer(s) to justify whatever.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 8:13am On Jun 13, 2018
I think this matter should be laid to rest.
CanadianWasp:
A professional degree as specified by ircc has same points with a masters degree.
The evaluation report does not have to expressly state that the degree is compared to a professional degree in law. Please see a screenshot of what CIC says regarding what the evaluation report should contain.

In any event, I'm not trying to be misleading. If you are more comfortable using IQAS, by all means go for it. But a lot of people who weren't aware of the difference in the report have gone on to use WES. What happens to them? To reevaluate with IQAS because of the difference in terminology? I think not. Again, please see excerpt from CIC regarding this.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2018
If IRCC wanted to be using their discretion to be awarding professional degrees instead of bachelor's degree, they won't have made the ECA a requirement in this process.
The truth here is that you people have decided on the latest shortcut you want to test and you are looking for someone to validate your decision.
I wish y'all good luck
undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by lahaimi: 8:19am On Jun 13, 2018
CanadaPR:

Please there is a WhatsApp group for ACCA. Please we will like you to join us if you don't mind. Please find link below.

https://chat.dotwhatsapp.dotcom/7tDZa1iyfItFQLrymAeQpe

Remove all the dot
hi i did remove all the dots but its not still coming up.anything else i can do pls?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 8:29am On Jun 13, 2018
True. Small sha cheesy
Tojued:

There's this spirit of confusion that usually descends when the situation is personal. There is usually more clarity when it's another person's situation that's involved undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 8:35am On Jun 13, 2018
Tojued:

Newmum0615:
True. Small sha cheesy

Very true...Make una expect me to turn into jemulsboy when i'm about to submit my application grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadaPR: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2018
lahaimi:
hi i did remove all the dots but its not still coming up.anything else i can do pls?

Send your phone number to canadaprrr@gmail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 8:41am On Jun 13, 2018
Too much sense will not kee you.
Ifeoma77:
If IRCC wanted to be using their discretion to be awarding professional degrees instead of bachelor's degree, they won't have made the ECA a requirement in this process.
The truth here is that you people have decided on the latest shortcut you want to test and you are looking for someone to validate your decision.
I wish y'all good luck
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ronke1114: 8:44am On Jun 13, 2018
Good morning everyone. Pls I need urgent help. My ECA report was supposed to be ready yesterday, I kept checking but nothing. So I checked this morning and got ECA complete but PDF download is not ready. I need to update my profile today, so I can get ITA. I have read sometime ago that you can guess your WES reference. Can someone help pls. And how long does it take for the download to be completed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 8:49am On Jun 13, 2018
Well it's usually your ref number plus IMM (1234567IMM) in most cases, but the issue is that you will not know the date of the evaluation. It's best you wait and check your profile again to avoid stories that touch later.
Ronke1114:
Good morning everyone. Pls I need urgent help. My ECA report was supposed to be ready yesterday, I kept checking but nothing. So I checked this morning and got ECA complete but PDF download is not ready. I need to update my profile today, so I can get ITA. I have read sometime ago that you can guess your WES reference. Can someone help pls. And how long does it take for the download to be completed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 8:52am On Jun 13, 2018
Newmum0615:
Too much sense will not kee you.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Last last, let people do whatever they want with their chest. If you feel WES evaluation of a law degree will give you want you want, please go ahead. Its not our success or our headache.

If you want to go the more conservative route that has been tried and trusted over time, then also quietly go with IQAS. Its still not our success or our heartache.

Please today is about celebrating the low CRS draw score that is about to be announced and the ITAs that are about to be issued.

#Thankyou

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.