Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (997104 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by May5ive: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
Thank you for your response. I think I can begin the process next year then. I think a Masters gives you a higher point right?

Truth is I also want to gain more experience, by 2020 I'd be 5yrs in work experience. This also has an advantage.

My friend who recently got his PR, he had 6+ years experience (without Masters)

So if I'm to at least have a good number of experience, I might as well just bag a degree with it.

katyamizotta:

2020 is too far. You might not need a masters. But you do need to start from page 0.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2018
May5ive:
Page 0 does not state when to begin the process. People have different instances, and page 0 can not answer everything.

Really? You don't know when to start and other people must know your situation more than you. Page 0 tells you that 3years of relevant work experience in the last 10 years gives the maximum points and you can learn french and do the test within a year instead of masters wahala. Page 0 has it all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by katyamizotta: 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
May5ive:
Thank you for your response. I think I can begin the process next year then. I think a Masters gives you a higher point right?

Truth is I also want to gain more experience, by 2020 I'd be 5yrs in work experience. This also has an advantage.

My friend who recently got his PR, he had 6+ years experience (without Masters)

So if I'm to at least have a good number of experience, I might as well just bag a degree with it.

See if you go to page 0, you know to calculate your CRS using the preferred IELTS maximum points. If age and other factors favour you even with only three years of experience, and without a masters you discover you exceeded the cutoff, wouldn't you prefer to start immediately?
Also a PGD (which is one year) might also get you past the cut off so you don't spend a whole two years waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by newbie18: 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
May5ive:
Can anybody reply please?

Is it a good plan to start the process after or during my MSc?

You should Google CRS calculator to get an idea of your current CRS score which will help in answering this question as there is no ONE SIZE FITS ALL answer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by newbie18: 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2018
May5ive:
Can anybody reply please?

Is it a good plan to start the process after or during my MSc?

You should Google CRS calculator to get an idea of your current CRS score which will help in answering this question as there is no ONE SIZE FITS ALL answer.

The Work experience normally climaxes at 3yrs for foreign experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tunba28(m): 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
@IamtrulyBlessed, has this been confirmed? What qualification will that give and with which body will you access or all accessing bodies give the Sam qualification for it? Please kindly respond. God bless you.
IamtrulyBlessed:
If your writing ACCA to gain additional qualification for EE, there's no point attempting F4.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by May5ive: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2018
Thanks a lot.

I'd check out my CRS & know my next move.

Just to let you all know that y'all are doing an AMAZING job! It's not easy, but I know the journey would be worth it.

And to Everyone who's already half way into thw process, remember everyone has their time, never give up hope!

katyamizotta:

See if you go to page 0, you know to calculate your CRS using the preferred IELTS maximum points. If age and other factors favour you even with only three years of experience, and without a masters you discover you exceeded the cutoff, wouldn't you prefer to start immediately?
Also a PGD (which is one year) might also get you past the cut off so you don't spend a whole two years waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
Like @newbie18 wrote, calculate your CRS score first. That is why a lot of people are directing you to page 0.

When you compare your CRS score to the current ITA cut-off points trend, you can baseline your decision whether to proceed now or do another thing to increase your score like 1yr PGD, French, better IELTS scores etc as the case may be.
You don't need to do a 2yr Masters that may take 4yrs to finish in Nigeria.

There are elections next year and if the Liberals lose, you may find that a new government may have changed immigration policy in 2020.

May5ive:
Hello Everyone,

Thank God I've found this thread. It's been my dream of relocating, but I'm planning 2020. I wanna use the next 2 yrs to get an Msc from Unilag, after that I start the process. What do you guys think?

I'm self funding myself, so of course during my MSc I'd be gathering money.

I want to present myself as VERY skilled, hence the MSc first. I have 3+ years working experience.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by May5ive: 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2018
I just calculated my CRS score.

438points! (Heard the cut off is 442)

Lol, I mean that's if my IELTS is quite high.
When I added french score, it skyrocket to 495!

So, I'm gonna do french too!

So my next move would be to start preparation for IELTS & the French test!

May5ive:
Thanks a lot.

I'd check out my CRS & know my next move.

Just to let you all know that y'all are doing an AMAZING job! It's not easy, but I know the journey would be worth it.

And to Everyone who's already half way into thw process, remember everyone has their time, never give up hope!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by May5ive: 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2018
You made some much sense!

You guys are the best!

joo2018:
Like @newbie18 wrote, calculate your CRS score first. That is why a lot of people are directing you to page 0.

When you compare your CRS score to the current ITA cut-off points trend, you can baseline your decision whether to proceed now or do another thing to increase your score like 1yr PGD, French, better IELTS scores etc as the case may be.
You don't need to do a 2yr Masters that may take 4yrs to finish in Nigeria.

There are elections next year and if the Liberals lose, you may find that a new government may have changed immigration policy in 2020.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2018
The ECA for your B.Sc may take time. Start now. WES ECA remains valid for 5yrs

Getting a high score in IELTS is not as easy as it seems unless you are an English major. Start preparing now.
IELTS score remains valid for 2yrs.

Then apply for EE. You can always update your EE profile when you have better points.

May5ive:

Lol, I mean that's if my IELTS i[i][/i]Tara'ss quite high.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TITILOLA88: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
4weeks to 6weeks[/quote]

Thank you. A whole 6 weeks....I hope it's included in the processing time?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tunba28(m): 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2018
Yes cos someone on this thread opened a fixed deposit account a week before submitting her application
Shyee:
can I open a bank account solely for pof, and use it though less than six months?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hi, please do you know if anyone has had WES evaluate f1-f3 as an additional certificate recently?
Tunba28:
@IamtrulyBlessed, has this been confirmed? What qualification will that give and with which body will you access or all accessing bodies give the Sam qualification for it? Please kindly respond. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
May5ive:

Lol, I mean that's if my IELTS is quite high.

The last cut-off point was 442..it is never static. TEF and IELTS aren't joke.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2018
Newmum0615:
Ope o. July our month of acceleration. Congratulations.

Thanks sis!! we are all moving forward this month! Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by May5ive: 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2018
Can anybody help with a TEF study center in Lagos please? Google isn't giving me what I'm looking for!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2018
I say a big Amen cheesy Thanks
tippex:

Amen. This is your month Newmum!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
Amen. You will. Thanks
Abefeolu:

Amen! I look forward to celebrating your PPR with you this month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2018
mbakweich:
listening was not funny oo. the discussion about a project in section 2 just before the map got me. To worsen matters, I wrote Zoo lens in section 1 question 10 instead of zoom. The last section I blanked out on about two answers only to recover from the question with electricity. Reading part 1 took a lot of my time. Na God hand everything dey o..... last last I dey fear.
bro i swear no b only u ooo, listen dey scare me.especially from 15-28. Wen they ask what two thing do ben and dat girl do. I got d girls own but go write observation for ben rather than survey. Number 3 i go write "ocean to lake side rather than east

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2018
Abefeolu:
Listening test today was somehow...the objective part (21-25) was just too fast for me. Right now all i need is a miracle. sad

Wrote with BC
i swear. 21 -25. I dey hope for miracle but i don dey find extra 75k just incase
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 9:23pm On Jul 01, 2018
I see a potential 'elder' in @joo2018. You will go far in this journey. Whoever you are, keep it up.

God bless our page zero and its author.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
Blushing...
Newmum0615:
I see a potential 'elder' in @joo2018. You will go far in this journey. Whoever you are, keep it up.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 9:37pm On Jul 01, 2018
Try searching "alliance francaise"
May5ive:
Can anybody help with a TEF study center in Lagos please? Google isn't giving me what I'm looking for!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
joo2018:
Good one!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
Newmum0615:

My replacement.. Now that I'm retiring.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by May5ive: 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2018
Yes I did, the page seems empty.
I'd try to use a PC tomorrow.

Thanks!

joo2018:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
Who do you want to leave direction to page zero work for? Taaa gerrat.
Elfmannisback:

My replacement.. Now that I'm retiring.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2018
Newmum0615:
Who do you want to leave direction to page zero work for? Taaa gerrat.
You! Combine it with NOC!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
Tee248490:
Hi, please do you know if anyone has had WES evaluate f1-f3 as an additional certificate recently?
Mak una sponsor sb to find out now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nazor83: 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2018
@ Newmum0615 please how do they appoint these elders? Am interested in the position.....lol.

Newmum0615:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by IamtrulyBlessed: 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2018
ACCA awards ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business after completion of F1, F2, F3 & FIP. However, I can't confirm the outcome of its evaluation with WES or any other body because someone got 1 year college diploma or so while another got 1 semester. F4 - F9 + PEM will give Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business.
Tunba28:

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.