Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (997116 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ElSlik: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2018
May5ive:
Thank you for your response. I think I can begin the process next year then. I think a Masters gives you a higher point right?

Truth is I also want to gain more experience, by 2020 I'd be 5yrs in work experience. This also has an advantage.

My friend who recently got his PR, he had 6+ years experience (without Masters)

So if I'm to at least have a good number of experience, I might as well just bag a degree with it.

You need 3 yrs work experience to have maximum points.

If you start by 2020, remember that you will be losing 5 poonts on each of your birthday (if you're 28 or 30 years above...I cant remember which). So assuming you are 30 years now, by 2020 you must have lost 10 points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 02, 2018
Matilda2609:
Good morning house. Am so grateful for this platform. Thank you to each and every one of you who spare time to drop invaluable info on this forum.God bless u. PPR at last! I have just collectef my LLM result, and now want to use IQAS to evaluate the LLB & LLM. I haven't seen anyone who used National Drivers'license as a means of identity. I am awaiting my Int passport and just thought to ask if it's okay to use the NDL.
Why IQAS when you want to include the LLM? Use WES Jor..no passport, no DL but yes verification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 10:45am On Jul 02, 2018
ITA Issued in EE Draws so far in 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zeiya(f): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Yes! Money na money.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Livy2018: 11:18am On Jul 02, 2018
Pls evaluate ur llb and llm with WES, its faster. You need ur international passport from the onset in this journey. Best of luck.
Matilda2609:
Good morning house. Am so grateful for this platform. Thank you to each and every one of you who spare time to drop invaluable info on this forum.God bless u. PPR at last! I have just collectef my LLM result, and now want to use IQAS to evaluate the LLB & LLM. I haven't seen anyone who used National Drivers'license as a means of identity. I am awaiting my Int passport and just thought to ask if it's okay to use the NDL.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pedido: 11:33am On Jul 02, 2018
Dewys1:
Hello guys, I know about the 25% pension as pof. However, I want to know if anyone here has gotten a letter from PAL pension for this purpose. Last time I asked them, they didn’t seem to understand what that meant. Thanks

Yes. I received that letter from pal with the required format. Just request through their corporate email. Include your PFA/RSA ID, Phone number your registered with them, company name and your full name. You will get it before 48hrs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by KINGTELLER: 11:40am On Jul 02, 2018
smslive2:
ITA Issued in EE Draws so far in 2018

I beg make una inform IRCC to do back-2-back draw naa undecided undecided..... we with 435 score dey wait for too long in this queue cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 11:41am On Jul 02, 2018
May5ive:
Hello Everyone,

Thank God I've found this thread. It's been my dream of relocating, but I'm planning 2020. I wanna use the next 2 yrs to get an Msc from Unilag, after that I start the process. What do you guys think?

I'm self funding myself, so of course during my MSc I'd be gathering money.

I want to present myself as VERY skilled, hence the MSc first. I have 3+ years working experience.

The reason you were been referred to page 0 is because you'll get some important information there such as crs calculator, proof of funds requirement, list of work experiences that are considered skilled by IRCC and much more.

So, having a masters degree will certainly give you an advantage but if your present qualification and work experience is able to yield a good crs score, then it's best you start right away. No one knows what plans the Canadian government have for the future. You should also see if you can provide the funds required.

It's a good idea to read page 0. Are you female?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 02, 2018
KINGTELLER:

I beg make una inform IRCC to do back-2-back draw naa undecided undecided..... we with 435 score dey wait for too long in this queue cry cry cry
Have you exhausted your factors?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by KINGTELLER: 11:49am On Jul 02, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Have you exhausted your factors?

I have exhausted all my factors, the only factor I have now is IELTS (to gain 6 more points for CLB10), I no wan do that exam again.. he don tire me...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 02, 2018
KINGTELLER:

I have exhausted all my factors, the only factor I have now is IELTS (to gain 6 more points for CLB10), I no wan do that exam again.. he don tire me...
I understand, select Ontario and hope to go via pnp. Learning French for TEF could be a long thingy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2018
May5ive:
I just calculated my CRS score.

438points! (Heard the cut off is 442)

Lol, I mean that's if my IELTS is quite high.
When I added french score, it skyrocket to 495!

So, I'm gonna do french too!

So my next move would be to start preparation for IELTS & the French test!

Dearest May5ive, calm down grin. This journey requires a lot of calm and patience. I know it's exciting but such high excitement can make one crash and burn. There are hurdles - more than you can understand at this point.

Do you speak French? If you don't, I strongly suggest you ditch the learning French plan and go for a PGD instead. Many Nigerians (who have been speaking English since birth) have to rewrite IELTS multiple times, let alone one who's just going to learn French.

Besides, the first best thing to do is your ECA because that takes time. IELTS takes only a couple of weeks and has a validity of just 2 years.

Be calm and read about EE as much as you can. That way, you'll make informed decisions.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Biimdoh: 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2018
He can still go ahead and study French some people are good with languages .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2018
KINGTELLER:

It might just be worth it to retry the IELTs exam and aim for that CLB10
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Matilda2609: 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2018
Livy2018:
Pls evaluate ur llb and llm with WES, its faster. You need ur international passport from the onset in this journey. Best of luck.

Oh really? I read in Part 2 or so, that for law degree, (LLB & LLM), it is advisable to use IQAS... Something about IQAS evaluating the law dere as a professional course or so.

I will go with Wes, then. Am grateful for your response. Thank you Sir/Ma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Matilda2609: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2018
Livy2018:

Okay. Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Matilda2609: 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Why IQAS when you want to include the LLM? Use WES Jor..no passport, no DL but yes verification.

Yes, pls. I want to include my LLM. Thought IQAS was preferable for law degree. Thank you for the feedback.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2018
Matilda2609:

Yes, pls. I want to include my LLM. Thought IQAS was preferable for law degree. Thank you for the feedback.
Which one you dey? Do you have LLM? If you have only LLB, use IQAS and provide them with acceptable means of identification.. In short, read page 0.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2018
Biimdoh:
He can still go ahead and study French some people are good with languages .
I know that!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2018
Hmm.

ploff:
Insider info: there is another draw on Wednesday. #bye
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Matilda2609: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Which one you dey? Do you have LLM? If you have only LLB, use IQAS and provide them with acceptable means of identification.. In short, read page 0.

Thank you. Yes I have an LLM and I now know that I will need my Intl passport. I also will be using WES since I have an LLM. I have read part 1 & 2 of this thread oh. Apologies if I asked questions already treated in the earlier threads.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2018
Matilda2609:

Thank you. Yes I have an LLM and I now know that I will need my Intl passport. I also will be using WES since I have an LLM. I have read part 1 & 2 of this thread oh. Apologies if I asked questions already treated in the earlier threads.
You don't need passport for WES ECA évaluation but for other things like Police report, IELTS, Medicine etc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2018

19 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by 1mole1: 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2018
I made a mistake with my IQAS application by ticking 'specialized immigration' and the refund has taken almost 4 weeks despite several mails. Has anyone experienced this? Please what else should I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 1:46pm On Jul 02, 2018
glowberry:
Lol I'm 439 But I'm writing CIMA. I would love to connect. Please ler me know what the plan is

Hi glowberry (and anybody else who has an answer). Please when registering for CIMA was it compulsory to buy their course materials? I'm checking out the Cert BA. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by waynetemi: 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2018
7 months Post AOR. LVO do na!!!
Even though i am not ready to travel till October, the wait is killing me embarassed embarassed cry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2018
waynetemi:
7 months Post AOR. LVO do na!!!
Even though i am not ready to travel till October, the wait is killing me embarassed embarassed cry

Ip1?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DatechMan(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2018
Whew, Part 4, 300+ pages already. Good to see the ministry moving. LVO guys, the Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Josh121(m): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2018
Tojued:

Hi glowberry (and anybody else who has an answer). Please when registering for CIMA was it compulsory to buy their course materials? I'm checking out the Cert BA. Thanks.
no it not , I registered but didn't make payment instantly and didn't pay for study materials
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2018
Bringing page 0 to page 389 for them is enough spoon feeding. I can assure you they'll still not read.
smslive2:
I think its about time we do a recap of Page 0...
LET US HELP ONE ANOTHER BY DOING A SIMPLE RESEARCH AND ASK ONLY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.... NOBODY WILL SPOONFEED YOU HERE!
So here is it

Frequently Asked Questions from Page 1 - Page 100 (Part 2)

Choice of ECA---WES versus IQAS

The Following People's Timelines Helped in Answering Some Frequently Asked Questions

All About Proof of Funds

All About Gift Deeds

A Sample of Bank Reference Letter (For Proof of Funds)

A Sample of Mutual Fund Reference Letter

Submitting Your Documents With VFS in Lagosor Abuja

Previous Threads are PART 1, PART 2 and PART 3

You can also visit CIC Website for more Information.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by waynetemi: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2018
luffyhaki:

Ip1?

Ip2 O. Since feb 27 undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2018
Na serious spoon-feeding you just do so. cry Them no go still read o. embarassed
smslive2:
[color=#990000]I think its about time we do a recap of

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.