Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,069 members, 7,821,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1001624 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by deTimo: 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2018
Added advantage. Or better still competitive edge.
cool cool cool Runs away
smslive2:
Ehen... Please i want to ask, is matchmaking a requirement for Express Entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hey guys, got my PCC today and noticed a mistake was made on my passport issuance date..instead of 05-08-2015, what was typed on it was 05-p8-2015. Hopefully they used a typewriter(naija factor you know). What do you suggest i do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newbeecey: 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
Sent
Adlib007:
Can you send me a PM. I know someone who is reliable wouldn't ask for money. Just explain your plight and he would help.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wizean(m): 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2018
They would issue you another one if u go back and complain. Someone had a similar issue on this thread

fizzile:
Hey guys, got my PCC today and noticed a mistake was made on my passport issuance date..instead of 05-08-2015, what was typed on it was 05-p8-2015. Hopefully they used a typewriter(naija factor you know). What do you suggest i do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Uzoreen: 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2018
Congratulations!!! May u find favor in this new land.

mosbiod:

Hi Peeps, I don't know if is truly PPR email or how it looks like... I think i am confused..
the first paragraph looks like this

@cochtrane @gliteeringstar
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2018
wizean:
They would issue you another one if u go back and complain. Someone had a similar issue on this thread

Actually stay down South. Just sent a text to the man who ran it for me. Let me hear from him all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zeewirld: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
Good evening please,I would love to know if WES will refund people who use Canadian address(though resident in Nigeria) for the ECA the WHT/Tax portion of the ECA fund that was paid?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by IamtrulyBlessed: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
Congratulations
mosbiod:

IELTS - Oct 28 2017
ECA - Jan 08
ITA - Jan 10
AOR - Feb 12
PPR - June 21 (Read the email - July 3 undecided)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zeewirld: 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2018
Osaze007:
I officially resigned my job folks and I have moved to IP2

Why not just hold on till the end?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by MummyJaygirls: 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by MummyJaygirls: 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
Osaze007:
I officially resigned my job folks and I have moved to IP2

You are brave
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tonyik: 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2018
Is it Alliance Francaise? I was there last year, met someone who came to collect his result and also discussed with a facilitator too. From what I gathered, na tough exam oo. The tutor told me that making above CLB4 wont be easy. I speak french

May5ive:
Please house if you have your thoughts on my previous post, please share.

On a second thought, I have just gotten in touch with a recognized TEF centre in Lagos, the one at Alagomeji.
Their next classes starts 30th of July, If you are interested, maybe we can be going together. And we write the exam, the lady confirmed they always pass it.

For real, it's better to really prepare to ensure one has a high CRS score.

I'm open to feedback!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zeewirld: 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2018
[quote author=ROLLIN post=69039535]Hello people, I am new in this trend and just want to start this process, the PROCASTINATION has to stop. I tried to check the Canadian site to see what my score would be, because I heard there is a draw of 440 as at last week. These are my questions.

• Will OND and HND fetch me more marks than just BSC?
• What happens if my course of study is not in any way related to the NOC A, B or O, is it that I will have zero points or I will not have at all.
[/quo

Going to school means read,read and read again.....Let us learn how to read abegi..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by May5ive: 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2018
Yes It's Alliance Francaise.

Well, basically everything in this life is hard. I plan on learning for the next 4-6 months & take the exam.

You speak French, did you take the exam too?

tonyik:
Is it Alliance Francaise? I was there last year, met someone who came to collect his result and also discussed with a facilitator too. From what I gathered, na tough exam oo. The tutor told me that making above CLB4 wont be easy. I speak french

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Oopsy(f): 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hi GS,
Can you assist with process of getting transcript from NOUN and the timeline it took to send to WES?
Thanks dear.

GlitteringStar:

Lol. grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Adlib007(f): 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2018
Replied you. All the best!

Newbeecey:
Sent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tonyik: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2018
Liver fail me when i saw the guy result as someone who study French major with 2.1 and is into teaching. He is planing to rewrite. i will pm you now

May5ive:
Yes It's Alliance Francaise.

Well, basically everything in this life is hard. I plan on learning for the next 4-6 months & take the exam.

You speak French, did you take the exam too?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2018
tonyik:
Liver fail me when i saw the guy result as someone who study French major with 2.1 and is into teaching. He is planing to rewrite. i will pm you now

Do you realise that an English major that doesn't prepare adequately for IELTS would also fail the exam? The tricks and the pitfalls for every exam is unique and must be understood in order to beat the examiner (s).

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by May5ive: 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
EXACTLY!

This can never be over emphasized.

I believe in putting in the work.

Just as I have said, a 4-6 months dedication before the exam would go a very long way!

SegunWamiri:

Do you realise that an English major that doesn't prepare adequately for IELTS would also fail the exam?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2018
Oopsy:
Hi GS,
Can you assist with process of getting transcript from NOUN and the timeline it took to send to WES?
Thanks dear

Postgraduate right? If yes, the process is very easy. The processing time is 5 to 15 working days. This is the link to the step by step process----http://nouedu.net/article/postgraduate-transcript-application-guidelines

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by AMNEXT: 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2018
[quote author=AMNEXT post=congratulations. Please can one get a reference letter from Nysc ppa(2011 - 2012) now? I am going to write my ielts exam on July 28 and I am already done with my eca verification. Does the date

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2018
Congrats! Another PPR rain today!

AMNEXT:
So I got my COPR and stamped passports today and said to share my journey as some parts may answer some other people's questions.
AOR: 8th of March
IP1:16th of March
MEP:6th of April
1P2:10th of May
PPR:11th of May
PASSPORT SUBMITTED TO VFS: 14th of May
APPLICATION APPROVED: 31st of May
COPR AND PASSPORT READY FOR COLLECTION AT VFS: 5th of June
VO: Ottawa

My advice is do all that is legally required of u, pray hard and follow up closely with the application.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2018
Long post alert!

Paying it forward on issue of whether spouses need to process ECA and IELTS for married people.

Very common question on this forum. I asked it myself but the simple and straightforward answer: “no, they don’t need to” really doesn’t solve the problem for some of us. A run-through of the Page 0 of this thread and the summaries of the earlier threads 1, 2 and 3 does the same.

So here it goes:

For married people, IRCC offers 3 options to the principal applicant: go with spouse, go without spouse or process with spouse who has PR or citizenship.
1. Go without spouse: The PA alone submits his/her ECA and IELTS/TEF and is processed alone. This lets the PA get the maximum individual score and has the advantage that if the PA is younger and has a good IELTS result, the spouse’s stats does not drag his/her points down below EE cut-off score.
However, you and all your family still need to do medicals, you and your spouse still need to get PCC and your POF must also cover them. If successful, you go alone and sponsor your family to come later (12 months processing) or your spouse can start another EE application.

2. Go with spouse: Here it gets tricky. There are 3 scenarios.
a. Scenario 1: The PA alone submits his/her ECA and IELTS. However, you lose a max 30 points (max 10 for spouse ECA, max 20 for spouse IELTS/TEF). It is good if your score alone can carry your family across the EE cut-off score.

This is the scenario a lot of people are really asking about as some spouses are really not ready for the work or their points drag their own points down. Simulate the scenario using the CRS simulator and put N/A for spouse Language scores and Zero for Education.

Some will wonder whether to apply as single and add the spouse after AOR. Remember that the marriage certificate will show your true wedding date and it may count as misrepresentation. Unless you really got married after application.

b. Scenarios 2: The PA also includes either of the spouse’s ECA or IELTS/TEF. You max 10 for spouse ECA or the max 20 for spouse IELTS/TEF.

c. Scenario 3: Both the PA and the spouse submit ECA and IELTS.
In all the 3 scenarios, you get 15points if your spouse has a sibling who is a PR or citizen or 10points if your spouse has Canadian work experience.

3. Process with spouse who has PR or citizenship. This is applicable if your spouse had gone ahead and gotten his PR alone or before you married. IRCC will treat you as if you are a single applicant and so you will get the maximum individual score.

Hope this makes it clearer. Assess your family's unique situation.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Dewys1: 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2018
I captured for my kids June 5 and no show. Do you have any idea if passports for June captures will be available by now. My agent has gone mute!

deesmama:
Hmmn my dear,its well o..the country we find our selves in..we captured at ikoyi..april 17th..paid a new guy 10k to assist..not knowing it was ready..a lady who captured april 25th collected hers and asked we check with collection..we did and lo and behold it was ready(Thank God)
..the new guy just chopped our 10k for nothing..mxxchew.. when did you capture?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mosbiod(m): 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2018
you must really know me well... lol
newbie18:

Cngrats bro.. God is good... I hope to echo-u soon in the art of conversation.. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2018
joo2018:

I think he/she is trying to ask a question. He/She quoted @Sile07's post---https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/253#68235762
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
AMNEXT:

Please can one get a reference letter from Nysc ppa(2011 - 2012) now?

Yes, you can.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2018
Lol.

That was from far. Jun 6.

GlitteringStar:

I think he/she is trying to ask a question. He/She quoted @Sile07's post---https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/253#68235762
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2018
joo2018:

For married people, IRCC offers 3 options to the principal applicant: go with spouse, go without spouse or process with spouse who has PR or citizenship.
1. Go without spouse: The PA alone submits his/her ECA and IELTS/TEF and is processed alone. This lets the PA get the maximum individual score and has the advantage that if the PA is younger and has a good IELTS result, the spouse’s stats does not drag his/her points down below EE cut-off score.
However, you and all your family still need to do medicals,
Hope this makes it clearer. Assess your family's unique situation.

Thanks for this great summary but are you certain of the emboldened? If yes, would this be at the same time with the PA? Just saying since medical expires in one year and it's not likely that the applications of other members of the family would be in process within that validity period.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by porlo87: 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2018
Ethelia:

Hi, I hardly respond to private messages.

No, I didn't have any issue with it, as per the last GCMS notes I received. grin

Okay. Thanks, Madam. Awww, sorry to hear about that, GCMS does not usually sound like a good thing, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess I will just go with NYSC Physics Teacher or Physics Teacher NYSC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2018
SegunWamiri:

Thanks for this great summary but are you certain of the emboldened? If yes, would this be at the same time with the PA? Just saying since medical expires in one year and it's not likely that the applications of other members of the family would be in process within that validity period.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.