Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,232 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1001982 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TheCanadianDrm: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am back as promised.

Its PPR but a drama filled one.

I am happy I got PPR but also sad.

Sequel to my last message on the legal guardianship tussle, I got an email from CIC requesting I either take out my daughter from the application or get full adoption documents which the court had denied us or they would process my application in 30 days if they don't get a response.

I wept and groaned. It is still too painful and emotional for me.

We took her off the application and today I have PPR. We live to fight another day.

I want to thank I.O of LVO group. She also had a similar case of custody and gave me much needed strength. Thank you Ma.

For the sake of my daughter and not having her stigmatized (A few people know me well here), I won't be posting my specific date AOR.

AOR to PPR: 9 months (London I hail).
IP2 was Feb 27th.
PPR: July 6th, 2018.

Thank you all.

TheCanadianDrm:

In 2013 we adopted a child from a mutual friend. She gave us an affidavit to that effect which was signed in court. We were given legal guadianship

1. Is joint legal guardianship an issue?

Thank you everyone.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Sissnene: 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
Congrats... More blessings
bonnie1:
It's PPR guys, Timeline below ������;

CRS - 478
AOR - Feb 11
MEP - Feb 22
IP1 - FEB 22
NA - Feb 25
IP2 - Feb 27
PPR: July 06

VO: London

Just a brief highlight: 

POF - Gift Deed (50%)
Others were my savings in my UK and Nigerian account plus my RSA

ECA - My masters certificate only

IELTS - wrote It twice and a big thank you to my mother who woke up one morning in September called me as asked me about my Canada waka and encouraged me to were the exam again even offered to payed as she wants to do omugwo in obodo Oyibo (the abroad)

May 2017 - 1st Attempt - L 6.5 R8 S7 W7
Oct 2017 - 2nd Attempt - L 9 R9 S7.5 W 7

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2018
ysteph:
This is a question na. Which one be first time contributor?
More like the usual headache contribution, abi. And he has been following silently.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Licious07(f): 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2018
Dappydappa:
So, I shared this long epistle on the 6th of April, 2018.

Hey mate, it's ok to cry but make sure you get up, dust ur ass and do the exam again. However, I suggest you do not attempt a re-evaluation. They will just take ur money and give same results. Lemme share my IELTS journey with you.

1st attempt.....5.5, 5.5, 7.0, 7.0
2nd attempt....6.0, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5
3rd attempt.....6.0, 5.5, 7.5, 7.0
4th attempt.....7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.0
5th attempt.....6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5
6th attempt.....8.5, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5
7th attempt.....9, 7.0, 6.5, 8.0
8th attempt.....9, 8.5, 7.0, 7.0.

Note that where I live, the BC IELTS test is about 110k, re-evaluation is 63k and I spend a minimum of 150k for each of these attempts. IELTS humbled me but I eventually conquered.

For the listening practice, I wish I had stumbled into IELTS-mentor.com prior to my 6th attempt. You should definitely use this website and, attempt finishing the listening practice tests. There are about 14 of them. The answer section will show/tell you all that you had done wrongly in the previous exams. At the point where it says "you have sometime to look at your answers" during the listening test, kindly move on to next session if you have nothing to look at. That's actually the trick to have a headstart.
(Pls, don't apply for another exam unless you start to score 37 and above in the listening practice).

Also follow Jay on E2 language (YouTube) or his blog if you have money and don't mind paying for his teaching classes (I didn't). He is quite resourceful in reading, writing and speaking. Always write your answers (listening) in block (capital) letters.

Finally, do not stay down. It's okay to fail, weep, cry and feel devastated but, make sure you don't stay down. Get up, dust ur ass and always remember that it's only IELTS that is stopping you from getting your MAPPLE card.

***Shout outs to Gliterringstar and Amoese. I don't know how to thank you guys.

Then,
I got ITA on the 11th of April, 2018... CRS was 449
eAPR on 3rd May
ADR on 4th July
PPR on 6th July.

I don't know the VO

Wow. This just gingered me. After failing ielts on 2 attempts by 0.5 I've been "scared" to try another with "what ifs". Congratulations!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Licious07(f): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
DereI:
It's PPR guys, Timeline below ������;

CRS: 474

ITA: Dec 10, 2017

AOR: Jan 10, 2018

MEP: Jan 23, 2018

IP1:  Jan 23, 2018

NA2: Jan 27, 2018

IP2: Feb 27, 2018 (IP2 General Glitch Day)

ADR: June 28, 2018

Ghost Update: July 05, 2018

*PPR: July 06, 2018* 

VO: London

Just a brief highlight: 

POF - Gift Deed (50%), 3 months statement of Dorm account and 6months statement of Naira Account (50%). I got a reference letter from Fcmb but not in the IRCC format as the lady said no before I could ask...lol.

ECA - I made a mistake earlier but by God's grace,  it was corrected before my file assessment began. I started my document evaluation with IQAS on 31st July 2017, sent my Bsc only and got acknowledgment on the 5th of September and after that i came across a post tslking sbout 2 or certificates. So i contacted IQAS and after several pleas, they agreed that i send another certificate while my file will be put on hold until they receive the new documents. After several challenges encountered in the school, my documents got to IQAS on september 26th. Received new acknowledgement October 25th and ECA arrived exactly 25mins after i made my ielts. 

*Conclusion: Two or more certificates* .

IELTS - Listening humbled me big time but in all I give thanks to God and my sweet boo who after every attempt was so encouraging and prayerful. My attempts below;

Aug. 19 2017 - 1st Attempt

Sep. 30 2017 - 2nd Attempt

Oct. 28 2017 - 3rd Attempt

*Dec. 2 2017 - 4th Attempt: L8.5, R8.0, W7.5, S8.0 (Final Attempt)* 

Special salute to God, and to all the e-folks here for the amazing assistance and support you all rendered to me. It will surely end in praise for all!

Amen. 
Congratulations!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2018
TheCanadianDrm:
Hello everyone,

I am back as promised.

Sequel to my last message on the legal guardianship tussle, I got an email from CIC requesting I either take out my daughter from the application or get full adoption documents which the court had denied us or they would process my application in 30 days if they don't get a response.

I wept and groaned. It is still too painful and emotional for me.

We took her off the application and today I have PPR. We live to fight another day.

I want to thank I.O of LVO group. She also had a similar case of custody and gave me much needed strength. Thank you Ma.

For the sake of my daughter and not having her stigmatized (A few people know me well here), I won't be posting my specific date AOR.

AOR to PPR: 9 months (London I hail).
IP2 was Feb 27th.
PPR: July 6th, 2018.

Thank you all.

The joint guardianship was the problem. Her biological mum should not have appeared in the documents.

What next now?
Cc everyone who has this problem.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TheCanadianDrm: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2018
Yes, that was the big problem. What next? I don't know what to do. Right now I am confused and in a bad state emotionally.

Elfmannisback:

The joint guardianship was the problem. Her biological mum should not have appeared in the documents.

What next now?
Cc everyone who has this problem.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by COPR: 2:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
Newmum0615:
So, these people did not only go to I and hubby's LinkedIn profile, they checked my our Facebook as well, checked out our wedding portfolio pics online (the one done by the photographer), checked my UK school graduation ceremony announcement that showed an online copy of the brochure showing names of graduands, online copy of church bulletin showing church dedication announcement for my son. Whew! These people checked everything. How did I know?
The links were listed right there on the GCMS notes I just received last night. Heading on the notes: Online Presence: Yes.

London is not joking. Long story cut short, clean up your online profile my people.

Have a blessed day.

Your golden mail will drop on 09/07/2018 at 17:00 GMT.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2018
Your PPA. I used NYSC as well and got my reference letter and pay slips from my PPA.

sayveetwice:
Good morning everyone. I'm a long time reader, but first time contributor.

Apart from the teaching I did during NYSC (One Year) I also have an additional year of teaching in a private school. (That's two years)

Secondary school teacher is part of the NOC on the CIC website. Code: 4031

My question is: How do I get the letter of reference for during my NYSC? Do i go to NYSC office? or to my PPA? please i need help its urgent.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2018
TheCanadianDrm:
Yes, that was the big problem. What next? I don't know what to do. Right now I am confused and in a bad state emotionally.

Sweet-sad situation. May be you sponsor her for a TRV or for studies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Pacowo: 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
ysteph:

Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by deesmama: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
love that..love you.
Newmum0615:
grin
I'm really at peace with the whole process and the time it is taking. Delay is not denial. It will come when it will come. God is in charge. kiss Thanks for the concern dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dumsydsassy1: 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
GlitteringStar:
There shall be showers of blessing,
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need;
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

Congratulations!!!!@ dumsydsassy1 .. grin......(He/she will come and fill this gap). grin grin His/her PPR testimony is loading... ;

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wholesomegrace: 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
Newbeecey:
Yaaaayyy!!!! congrats to you mama, no wonder I have not heard from you. Hope you and the new one are the doing excellent.
Very well sis. Thanks. Will check my mail in a bit
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TheCanadianDrm: 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
Yes, this is what we are exploring. The student aspect, though it is an expensive route but nothing is too much to do for your child. Thank you very much

Elfmannisback:

Sweet-sad situation. May be you sponsor her for a TRV or for studies.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2018
grin Contributor to elongating the thread.
ysteph:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dumsydsassy1: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
it is well @TheCanadianDrm . Congratulations on your PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
From your fingers to the heart and eyes of God. Amen kiss
COPR:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sayveetwice: 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
I'm sorry guys. Its from an earlier draft. Please kindly ignore and help me answer my question. Thank you. once more, I'm sorry
ysteph:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kemzyebony(f): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2018
Yayyyy, Another PPR Rain...July is indeed gonna be a month of plenty PPRs Amen smiley.

Congratulationsss @DereI , @bonnie1, @TheCanadianDrm and @dappydappa...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by chizilulu(f): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2018
Congratulations DereI, Bonnie1, Dappydappa, GS, TheCanadianDrm! cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Seriously I don't know. I'll suggest you try your place of primary assignment.
sayveetwice:
I'm sorry guys. Its from an earlier draft. Please kindly ignore and help me answer my question. Thank you. once more, I'm sorry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
GlitteringStar:
There shall be showers of blessing,
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need;
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

Congratulations!!!!@ Happytbaby[i](He/she will come and fill this gap).[/i] grin grin His/her PPR testimony is loading... grin grin grin

@Newmum, please check your inbox. You are nextttttt!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2018
Yes, I suggested PPA too. I got my reference letter from my PPA as well.

ysteph:
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Seriously I don't know. I'll suggest you try your place of primary assignment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2018
Congratulations to you.

Congratulations to Bonnie

Eraytee:
this is an inspiration to all of us, patience and perseverance is so key to this journey. 8 attempts shocked super congrats to you again!!! grin it has ended in praise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
Warm hugs for you Madam. May God guide you.

TheCanadianDrm:
Hello everyone,

I am back as promised.

Thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
Newmum0615:
I didn't leave the footprint naa. My Linkedin is my LinkedIn o. Facebook na FB, you can't even view me there, except you are a friend I accepted. (Those are the only 2 platforms you will see my real names for obvious reasons). The others they went through, I have no control over Wetin I wan do naa? I don't have anything worrisome there. I no dey fear jare. They are just doing their work. You don't know what they have searched about others. Na because I talk my own? grin GCMS notes are fine. I'm fine.

Do not be bothered, if they like, they should request for the password self. your PPR is 90% loading IJN.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
dumsydsassy1:

Lol. Amen. wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2018
happytbaby:

Congrats sis!!!!! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
Good News! Good News!! Good News!!!

Our one and only @Happytbaby's GOLDEN MAIL don land gidigba ooooo. Hallelujah! smiley

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
Happytbaby where art thou?
Come out and confirm this news.
Congratulations.......
GlitteringStar:
Good News! Good News!! Good News!!!
Our one and only @Happytbaby's PPR mail don land gidigba ooooo. Hallelujah! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by uchepixy: 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
COPR:

please prophesy for me too ooo. Lvo since 31st January cry
Congrats to all the PPR clinchers. very uplifting

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.