Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (998150 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 19, 2018
Flooreyce:
Hi everyone
Am new here, I want to ask if I can use pre-uni work experience for EE application cos I graduated last year, and I have no post-uni experience. Thank you

When creating your profile, the system will ask you this question- "The date XXXXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation". If the job requires only a secondary school certificate, then you became qualified when you finished secondary school. If the job requires only a diploma degree, then you became qualified when you finished ND and the like. This means you can use the work experience if it falls under NOC A, B or 0 and meets all other requirements.

Foreign work experience

For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that:

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1); and
(d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission.

Requirements

In order to be assigned points under section 23 or 24 for their foreign work experience, a foreign national:

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their foreign work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.

From the above, you can see that there is no requirement that state that the foreign work experience must be POST university work experience.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by AyeMayBe(f): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2018
Congratulations!!

ademolait:
We recently got PPR yesterday and I felt I should write out our journey. This might inspire someone.

The journey started as far back July 2015. I did my wes then and it came out early September then I got a fantastic job offer with a lovely pay and decided to chill. Fast forward 2017 Jan, my younger brother got ITA, I guessed that's what we needed for a wake-up call. Then we started again.

We registered for IELTS that May 2017 and the result was 
Mine L7.5 R7 W6.5 S7.5
Wifey L7 R 6.0 W7.5 S8

Then we started IELTS journey 
2nd attempt 
Mine L7.5 R6.5 W6.5 S7.5
Wifey 7.5 R 6.5 W7.5 S8

At this point we realize that wifey should be the principal applicant, she is younger and has Masters. So we tried IELTS again for her(God bless her)

3rd attempt 
Wifey L8 R 6.5 W7.5 S7.5
4th attempt L7.5 R8 W7.5 S7
Wifey L8 R6.5 W7 S8

Can't remember the scores for other attempts. But April 21, 2018, a year after we had started the journey, she had her 9th attempt and she came out with [b]L8 R8 W7 S8 [/b]and that was the turning point. We immediately entered the pool and had a score of 452 then two days later was her birthday and we dropped to 447, well we prayed for a good ITA score and God answered. ITA for that week was 442. And the rest was story. Here is the timeline after AOR

AOR May 7
MP/ Ip1 May 16
Ip2 July 14
PPR July 18

No ADR at all.
Everything just went smooth. I hope this will inspire a friend here. Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 19, 2018
Transformium:
GlitteringStar this wan wey you nor gree reply me. I don offend you with my questions?

Lol. I'm sorry. Kindly ask the question again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by youngRx(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2018
Osaze007:

Our singles will come soon most singles na 6-8 months o so patience

lolz...exactly.

What then is the point of applying single?
As far as i am concerned there is no difference in POF for singles and couples, and you get to have speedy PPR processing.
plus it is much easier to start life as a couple over there, since there will be two sources of income for almost the same expenses.

Then in a country about ten times the size of Nigeria but with a population of just 32 milion...goodluck finding a partner on time.grin grin

I think i have to triple my search.
Any single in the house ready to mingle should PM me jor...let's start our destiny from here. gringringrin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dumsydsassy1: 10:09am On Jul 19, 2018
Yes, if the original documents are colored. If it is in black and white then you don’t have much a choice. IMO

Nazor83:
Good morning good people,

For those who have successfully submitted their application, please must all scanned copies be in colour? I know it is a weird question but am just being curious.

Thanks in advance for your feedback
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by AyeMayBe(f): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2018
LMAO. The sheer hustle cheesy

youngRx:

lolz...exactly.

As far as i am concerned there is no difference in POF for singles and couples, and you get to have speedy PPR processing.
plus it is much easier to start life as a couple over there, since there will be two sources of income for almost the same expenses.

Then in a country about ten times the size of Nigeria but with a population of just 32 milion...goodluck finding a partner on time.grin grin

Any single in the house ready to mingle should PM me jor...let's start our destiny from here. gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by reavealhidden: 10:15am On Jul 19, 2018
youngRx:

lolz...exactly.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 19, 2018
youngRx:

lolz...exactly.

LMAOOO!!! Too funny! speedy or not. We will all get PPR last last! pls single applicants should gather here for a selfie! smiley

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 19, 2018

Cc: @All

40manlappy: Inasmuch as we want to help, let us be careful lest we mislead others. When we are not sure of an answer, it is better to qualify our responses with "I think", "not sure" or any other appropriate phrase rather than simply state our post as facts. Even though this thread encourages people to do research, a lot of people rely heavily on what they read here.

Aka2003: I assume that there are no Canadian visa officers contributing to this thread ( I may be wrong). So please unless you are stating a rule explicitly, always add a disclaimer so that the person reading your comment realizes that this is just your opinion. Always remember that what happened to Mr A does not automatically happen to Mr B in the same situation.

And to those making decisions based solely on comments from a faceless forum, please just stop it. The data on this thread is priceless but you have to analyze this data before it becomes useful for your own application. Always realize that you are responsible for your application.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by flourisher: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2018
Please I really need my kindhearted ogas to help me on these questions cos I have been reading from page 0 but I am still confused
Please at what point will I pay the application fee? Is it during the process or after arrival?
What is the estimate of all you spent outside the Pof?
Please I will appreciate if I get a breakdown of the amount and stages at which you paid them.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Transformium: 10:35am On Jul 19, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Lol. I'm sorry. Kindly ask the question again.

I thought i had offended you grin.

Ok my question was for your work experience (NYSC), did you provide statement of account of your NYSC allowance or were you paid by your PPA? and if so how many months pay did you provide?

Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 10:37am On Jul 19, 2018
9 attempts for her alone, real inspiration. Congrats.
ademolait:
We recently got PPR yesterday and I felt I should write out our journey. This might inspire someone.

AOR May 7
MP/ Ip1 May 16
Ip2 July 14
PPR July 18

No ADR at all.
Everything just went smooth. I hope this will inspire a friend here. Stay blessed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 10:39am On Jul 19, 2018
Lol, @Osaze007
Osaze007:
So envious of families
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 19, 2018
Transformium:
I thought i had offended you grin.

Ok my question was for your work experience (NYSC), did you provide statement of account of your NYSC allowance or were you paid by your PPA? and if so how many months pay did you provide?

Thanks smiley

1. Federal allowance.

2. Ten months or so....

You can also read this---https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/460#69284792

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by clock89: 10:41am On Jul 19, 2018
flourisher:
Please I really need my kindhearted ogas to help me on these questions cos I have been reading from page 0 but I am still confused
Please at what point will I pay the application fee? Is it during the process or after arrival?
Please I will appreciate if I get a breakdown of the amount and stages at which you paid them.
Thank you
Hi! there's actually an impressive breakdown of associated costs/stages on page 0. Please take the time to go through it carefully and follow the links. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Transformium: 10:44am On Jul 19, 2018
GlitteringStar:

1. Federal allowance.

2. Ten months or so....

You can also read this---https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/460#69284792

Thanks a lot. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Torkwase1(f): 10:47am On Jul 19, 2018
youngRx:

lolz...exactly.

Lol!!! cheesy This is my Mum's biggest problem with my immigration dream. Will I find husband in Canada?. Well let's get there first, God will provide for all the searchers cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 19, 2018
Biimdoh:
Please how can I follow up on my remarking @BC ,it’s taking forever.

You can send an email to LagosExamsComplaints@ng.britishcouncil.org

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2018
ademolait:

........She had her 9th attempt and she came out with L8 R8 W7 S8 and that was the turning point.

Congratulations! .....Who can find a virtuous woman? For her worth is far above rubies. Your wife is the real MVP.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Onebase79(m): 10:52am On Jul 19, 2018
If you wrote ielts on the 30th of June and you're still unable to check your results, you might need to go to their office to collect it. I just collected mine, I wrote with MOD.
L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.0
S 7.5
I wish everyone on this journey success

41 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 10:59am On Jul 19, 2018
See simplified list below:
https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#59640917

Note: IELTS is currently N75,000 and there will be lots of ancillary costs like cost of Nigerian passports, courier and travelling.

The application fee should be the "visa fees". You pay post-ITA and can pay twice (processing $550 and rprf $490 per adult).

flourisher:
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 19, 2018
AyeMayBe:
Hmm...

My chest did "gbish" when I saw the update ... I'm expectant.

grin cheesy smiley It will end in praise.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 19, 2018
Onebase79:

Congrats!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by AyeMayBe(f): 11:12am On Jul 19, 2018
DEFINITELY. grin

GlitteringStar:

grin cheesy smiley It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2018
AyeMayBe:
Hmm...

It's like I've just entered IP2 o (AOR March 26th). LOL. My chest did "gbish" when I saw the update ... I'm expectant.

PPR loading grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 11:29am On Jul 19, 2018
Ethelia:

PPR loading grin grin grin

Feels like yesterday when u also entered that sweet IP2

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Osaze007: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2018
AyeMayBe:
Hmm...

It's like I've just entered IP2 o (AOR March 26th). LOL. My chest did "gbish" when I saw the update ... I'm expectant.

@osaze007, I don't think being single or married matters too much. I'm a single applicant too.

I think it'll come when it comes smiley.. Just a little while longer, don't worry.

Big congrats I’m so happy for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by shubraba: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2018
ChandlerBing:

When I called them, I selected the option of 'other enquiries'. I found that selecting IELTS sent me straight to voicemail/callback. Once they pick up, refuse to get off the line till they resolve your query.

It helps if you already sent them emails. Refer them to your email.

After I ended one of those calls, I just refreshed result page and was surprised it opened.

Till now no response to the emails.

I have sent several emails but the number I have is not connecting
Can you help me with the one you have. Would have gone to their office but I don't reside in Abuja
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by opella(f): 11:48am On Jul 19, 2018
Onebase79:
If you wrote ielts on the 30th of June and you're still unable to check your results, you might need to go to their office to collect it. I just collected mine, I wrote with MOD.
L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.0
S 7.5
Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 11:49am On Jul 19, 2018
luffyhaki:

Feels like yesterday when u also entered that sweet IP2

I know right? the happiness was almost how I felt when I got PPR mail, lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ninichinny: 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
Congrats
Onebase79:
L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.0
S 7.5

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.