Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant (32677 Views)

Shehu Sani, His Wife And Children (Family Picture) / Ahmed Makarfi Involved In Motor Accident / Photos Of Makarfi & His PDP Led Faction Members At Supreme Court Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by DonaTee(f): 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
Makarfi4Pres2019:
Senator Ahmed Muhammed Makarfi was born on the 8th of August 1956 in Makarfi, the headquarters of Makarfi Local Government Area of Kaduna state.

EDUCATION
Young Ahmed started his early quest for knowledge with the usual Quranic education before attending the L.E.A. Primary School Makarfi from 1965 to 1973. In October 1973, he proceeded to the famous Federal Government College Enugu in the old Eastern Nigeria where he obtained his West African School Certificate (Division One) in 1978. His decision to choose Enugu over other Federal Government Colleges in Nigeria was a product of perceptiveness, curiosity as well as exploratory instinct for which he has been known right from childhood. His reasons for opting for Enugu were twofold; his respect and admiration for the enterprising nature of the Igbos he came across in his village even at such a young age, as well as his deep intellectual curiosity to interrogate and discover for himself truths, facts and reasons why brothers would bear arms against their own brothers, the civil war having just ended only three years earlier. It was while in secondary school in Enugu that young Ahmed began to exhibit leadership qualities, deep sense of fairness, equity and justice that have remained with him till today.

In 1978, Ahmed Makarfi proceeded to the School of Basic Studies, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he undertook his IJMB. He thereafter enrolled for a Bachelor’s of Science (BSc) in Accounting in the same institution and graduated in 1982 with a Bachelor’s degree of Science (BSc) in Accounting. He did his mandatory National Youth Service Scheme with the Kano State Hotels Management Board.

To enrich his banking career in 1985 he enrolled for and obtained a Master of Science degree in Accounting and Finance in 1987 from the Institute of Administration, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Kaduna State.

Soon after service, young Ahmed had his first employment with the Nigeria Universal Bank, where within ten years he rose to the position of Assistant General Manager.

PUBLIC SERVICE
Young Makarfi at age 38 and in recognition of his brilliance and high ethical value, he was, in 1994 appointed into the Kaduna State Executive Council where he served as the Honorable Commissioner for Finance and Economic Planning, a position he held until 1997. During his time as the Honorable Commissioner for Finance and Economic Planning between 1994 and 1997, he consistently insisted and ensured greater accountability and transparency in the handling of public finances. In the same time period, he served in various capacities, notably as the Chairman Kaduna State finance and general Purpose Committee, Chairman, Kaduna Plan Implementation Committee, Chairman, Kachia Ginger Company Ltd and Acting Chairman, Nigeria Universal Bank Ltd.

Upon return of democracy in 1998, Makarfi, a founding member of Peoples Democratic Party successfully ran for Governorship of Kaduna state at the young age of 43. His exceptional performance as Governor led to his landslide reelection in 2003. In 2007, Makarfi was once again sent by the people of Kaduna North Senatorial district to represent them at the red chamber of the National Assembly. His impressive representation gifted him another term in 2011 which climaxed in 2015.

In May 2016, the Peoples Democratic Party National Convention appointed him to lead the transition period of the party as the National Chairman of National Caretaker Committee of the party. A role that had him lead the party through its turbulent times and successfully navigated by putting the party back on track. His successful handling of the December 2017 National Convention that saw to the election of new leaders remains a milestone in the party's history.

PRIVATE SERVICE
Senator Ahmed Makarfi achieved monumental successes in the private sector as a private businessman. He was the Chairman of several companies including CANES Industry and General Merchants Ltd, Makarfi Motors and Transport Ltd, Hamdala Community Bank Ltd and Makarfi Farms Ltd to mention a few.

Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi is married to Hajiya Asma’u Ahmed Makarfi and is blessed with five children, Faisal, Kamal, Salim, Abdulmalik and Anisa.

Photo: Makarfi and his beloved wife, Hajiya Asma'u

Great old students of my prestigious school FGC ENUGU.
He came back when he was governor to giv back to our school. I experienced it first hand.
He really tried back then cos I heard he had an uphill task concentrating in school. He was always sitting on tree Tops in d school orchard thinking of his cows and life back home as story had it. He was on federal scholarship that encourages northerners to go to school.
One question I ask, are other geopolitical zones not eligible to be encouraged to go to school?

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by amnesty7: 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
onegig:
When people don't read they tend to forget history easily.

Anyone is free to contest but I laugh out loud at people touting Markarfi shocked You can continously collect stipends and launder his image online but the truth would still remain the truth.

Same guy that was Governor in Kaduna and was never home because of one health challenge or the other. He was widely known as the "missing governor" to the point that he wasn't around all through the religious and sectional crisis that rocked Kaduna in the early 2000s that led to the death of thousands of people and destruction of properties. Not a single response from the state govt because the governor was MIA. Had to take OBJ deploying soldiers after weeks when thousands had already been killed and maimed before things normalized a bit. Till today Kaduna which used to be that shinning light of industrialization and multi ethnicity has not still yet recovered from that impunity as most who were the engine to the economy were outsiders and 90% never ever returned.

I don't need to give links or stats as i was a personal witness to such. I may have been young but the measles i suffered during that crisis without any health facilities available and images of our neighbour that was bitten by scorpion in 44 army barracks because they were turned to refugees sleeping on the cold hard road inside that barracks in their own country is still etched in my mind.

Nigerians indeed deserves the kind of leaders they get. We truly have a thousand years to grow but is the world willing to wait for us to come to our senses?

Blatant lies!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by supaslim(m): 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2018
we don't want you sir, simple...
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by hmuhammad(m): 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

That means you have lost touch with realities...
Tonye, stop giving yourself false hope. We northerners know ourselves very well, we prefer Buhari to any northern candidate. Any northern candidate contesting against PMB will have his political career destroyed, ask Shekarau and Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by uba1991: 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
PDP is confused. where is Dankwambo,and Atikuchukwu. hahahaaaa SAI BABA
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by ladygudhead(f): 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Jokkarm2:
SIR , ALLOW ME TO BE YOUR IN-LAW I PROMISED TO BE A RESPONSIBLE HUSBAND TO YOUR DAUGHTER. I MEAN IT AND I MEAN IT.
lukadis 1! we are talking serious matter here now u are talking of becoming an 'in-law' ,bia does the peace and progress of this country even matter to u sef?
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:55pm On Apr 26, 2018
hmuhammad:
Tonye, stop giving yourself false hope. We northerners know ourselves very well, we prefer Buhari to any northern candidate. Any northern candidate contesting against PMB will have his political career destroyed, ask Shekarau and Atiku.
What about Yaradua? cheesy

Lol we all know that Shekarau was (and still is) a lightweight that became Governor using Buhari's influence and support in Kano.

He tried same stunt using Hunkuyi in Kaduna but was roundly defeated by Makarfi same 2003.

Meanwhile, Obj rendered Atiku politically irrelevant not Buhari...
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
DonaTee:

Great old students of my prestigious school FGC ENUGU.
He came back when he was governor to giv back to our school. I experienced it first hand.
He really tried back then cos I heard he had an uphill task concentrating in school. He was always sitting on tree Tops in d school orchard thinking of his cows and life back home as story had it. He was on federal scholarship that encourages northerners to go to school.
One question I ask, are other geopolitical zones not eligible to be encouraged to go to school?
Shey you go school wey dem pursue you?
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by hmuhammad(m): 4:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
What about Yaradua? cheesy

Lol we all know that Shekarau was (and still is) a lightweight that became Governor using Buhari's influence and support in Kano.

He tried same stunt using Hunkuyi in Kaduna but was roundly defeated by Makarfi same 2003.

Meanwhile, Obj rendered Atiku politically irrelevant not Buhari...
Yar'adua was rigged in by OBJ, north supported PMB. This is barely 9 months to election, opposition is yet to present a candidate that can stand PMB. Too bad I swear
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by alen4smith(m): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
donphilopus:

Hehehe.. Sai Baba's kids are prettier sir. tongue
TONYE eyes dey pain you?

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by dhardy09: 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
PDP Has got Credible Candidates for 2019 ... PMB is going back to Duara no time

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by Rajosh(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2018
Demonicide:
Decent family, it is so rare for you to find a Hausa man marrying just one wife.. But we are tired of all this aboki ruling us, we wanna taste something unique.
I wish for someone like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by Demonicide(f): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
Rajosh:
I wish for someone like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
A no go area, we are tired of old wine. We want something new.
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by onegig(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Trash...

you forget to add that he was the one that put a stop to the crises and had to amend the Shari'a law that was the foundation of it.

You were so young anyway... It's like blaming Ambode for Hausa-Yoruba clash in Lagos

There's no point responding to jobbers like you.

And how many hours did it take Ambode to mobilize security to quash the crisis?

Since you are ignorant and wouldn't avail yourself the opportunities presented by the internet.

Crisis started in February and didn't abate till May 2000. Same crisis casued by the introduction of Sharia by your inept Governor in a multicultural and multi religious State which was dangerously fragmented. You would now run along.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by Seun360(m): 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
donphilopus:

You know Buhari is winning the 2019 election. No doubt.! I heard with my left ear that Modu Sheriff is dumping the sinking ship today. PDP has no candidate that can match Buhari.!

Thats a sure banker!

Leave them to continue with their self-denial.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by eagleeye2: 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
Skepticus:

Nigerians sure, deserve the kind of leaders they get.

They keep recycling the same leadership failures they parade as leaders and BIG MEN

They have allowed the CV of this guy distract them without investigating his quality of leadership as a Governor.

I witnessed the Crisis of the 2000s and the number of lives lost.
The Football player, Victor Moses lost both parents there.

His health is also another issue.
Is it true he has sickle cell anaemia
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by jaybee(f): 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
onegig:

Anyone is free to contest but I laugh out loud at people touting Markarfi shocked You can continously collect stipends and launder his image online but the truth would still remain the truth.

Same guy that was Governor in Kaduna and was never home because of one health challenge or the other. He was widely known as the "missing governor" to the point that he wasn't around all through the religious and sectional crisis that rocked Kaduna in the early 2000s that led to the death of thousands of people and destruction of properties. Not a single response from the state govt because the governor was MIA. Had to take OBJ deploying soldiers after weeks when thousands had already been killed and maimed before things normalized a bit. Till today Kaduna which used to be that shinning light of industrialization and multi ethnicity has not still yet recovered from that impunity as most who were the engine to the economy were outsiders and 90% never ever returned.

I don't need to give links or stats as i was a personal witness to such. I may have been young but the measles i suffered during that crisis without any health facilities available and images of our neighbour that was bitten by scorpion in 44 army barracks because they were turned to refugees sleeping on the cold hard road inside that barracks in their own country is still etched in my mind.

Nigerians indeed deserves the kind of leaders they get. We truly have a thousand years to grow but is the world willing to wait for us to come to our senses?

I challenge you and your distorted knowledge of Nigeria politics and politicians. Tell us, in Nigeria political space, as of today, who is better qualified than Makarfi to lead this country as a president.

You may break it down to such attributes like the following, and score them objectively in a table. You may include as many as you know. Failure to do this means you are a confirmed misguided youth.

education,
experience,
character,
leadership,
conviction,
decision-making,
democracy,
team playing,
accountability,
altruism,
accommodation,
inclusion,
prudence,
industry,
human management,
financial management,
political sagacity,
selflessness,
empathy,
fairness,
open-mindedness,
flexibility,
love for his people,
self-discipline,
firmness,
respect for others and others opinions,
forgiving,
availability,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by onegig(m): 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
jaybee:

I challenge you and your distorted knowledge of Nigeria politics and politicians. Tell us, in Nigeria political space, as of today, who is better qualified than Makarfi to lead this country as a president.

You may break it down to such attributes like the following, and score them objectively in a table. You may include as many as you know. Failure to do this means you are a confirmed misguided youth.

education,
experience,
character,
leadership,
conviction,
decision-making,
democracy,
team playing,
accountability,
altruism,
accommodation,
inclusion,
prudence,
industry,
human management,
financial management,
political sagacity,
selflessness,
empathy,
fairness,
open-mindedness,
flexibility,
love for his people,
self-discipline,
firmness,
respect for others and others opinions,
forgiving,
availability,

Like seriously? No wonder you guys have bad leaders. So having numerous adjectives attributed to you is what makes a good candidate?

Since you seem focused along that line of thought. You should be the one to provide us verifiable examples where Markarfi has adhered to all most of the characters listed above. After all you are the ones touting him up and down. You are the one with a candidate. I can't recall listing or stating my support for any candidate.

You don't even need to bother trying because his credentials can't even win him votes outside his region let alone win a major landslide against an incumbent government even considering their abysmal performance. It's less than 8 months to elections and I am sure less than 5% of people across the country even know him.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by Rajosh(m): 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
Demonicide:
A no go area, we are tired of old wine. We want something new.
though she's Old wine, she's credible.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by Mc4larin: 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
wellmax:
I was in Kaduna while he was Governor, I must say that he did well.
Aside being a Chartered Accountant, he is an excellent administrator.

But....

PDP Never Again

It wasn't stated anywhere that he is a charted accountant

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by QuotaSystem: 5:40am On Apr 27, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
QUOTE me....

Atiku will come 3rd in the primary behind Makarfi and Sule Lamido (2nd).

I really hope so.
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:09am On Apr 27, 2018
QuotaSystem:

I really hope so.
But e be like you no like Atiku at all o
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:12am On Apr 27, 2018
onegig:

Like seriously? No wonder you guys have bad leaders. So having numerous adjectives attributed to you is what makes a good candidate?

Since you seem focused along that line of thought. You should be the one to provide us verifiable examples where Markarfi has adhered to all most of the characters listed above. After all you are the ones touting him up and down. You are the one with a candidate. I can't recall listing or stating my support for any candidate.

You don't even need to bother trying because his credentials can't even win him votes outside his region let alone win a major landslide against an incumbent government even considering their abysmal performance. It's less than 8 months to elections and I am sure less than 5% of people across the country even know him.

It is obvious that you are arguing from the point of ignorance
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by QuotaSystem: 9:50am On Apr 27, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

But e be like you no like Atiku at all o

That one na disaster. Tested and failed.
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by ashjay001(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2018
onegig:

Tonyebarcanista, no go see this one o
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by kolaaderin: 10:07am On Apr 27, 2018
Makarfi4Pres2019:
Senator Ahmed Makarfi is dope

The lips sold him away as a chain smoker. We need to ask questions before we have another weed smoking lunatic in Aso Rock.

OP , be sincere what is his brand of smokes.
And we hope he is not battling with some sort of smoke related diseases.
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by greatman247(m): 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Atiku don suffer for your hand boss

Yes na bro. That guy can pretend for the world. He is a kettle calling pot black. He is desperate, and deperate people take desperate measures that could be dangerous to anyone around them.

I know all politicians are thieves but the guy is a bigger thief. He always put his mouth where the money is. PDP should watch out for him, he is not to be trusted.

For me to vote for someone like Atiku I will rather wait until people like Saraki indicates interest. That guy is a thief too but could make a better president than Atiku. He is more educated and also a business man and moreover a medical Doctor. He has something upstairs and he knows how to carry himself and he is also a very tough guy.

If Atiku says Buhari is old, Atiku is close too. That guy is failure too. What did he do when he VP, nothing. He claims, he couldn't do anything then because he was not the president. Thats how failures talk, thwy make ezxuses as he claimed Buhari is doing. He will always give us excuses as to why he couldn't perform. But that is a lie. You can do little as VP. Again what did he do when he was governor? Nothing. If you have been to Adamawa and Nasarawa you will know how dirty the places are. Beautiful states in the North includes Gombe, Bauchi etc.
Re: Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant by greatman247(m): 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
DonaTee:

Finer? With their make up faces? This family even deir mama carry natural face yet this pretty.

Haba bros you wicked ooo. grin. Even if we all hate Buhari but the wife fine sha, but the kids try too just that people call them lazy yoots... no be me ooo, na wetin I heard people call them grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki Visits Governor Udom Emmanuel (Photos) / Tinubu Receives Briefing In France Ahead Of Paris Summit (Video/Photos) / Real Story On How Lt.col Fajuyi Was Killed By Danjuma & The Northern Coupists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.