Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

"How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After (40161 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima In Swimwear As She Vacations In Philippines / Ibinabo Fiberesima And Fred Amata Their Daughter, Zino In New Picture / Ibinabo Fiberesima Steps Out In Cleavage-Baring Gown; Lady Criticises Her Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by Geezholla: 8:06am On Apr 28, 2018
What good does it do a man to find out dat its murderer is in sack cloth?

Definitely, if not for your political ambition u wouldn't hv tot of clearing ur character.

No matter what u tell us, only u nd ur God know wat happened on that day.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by aspirebig: 8:06am On Apr 28, 2018
Poverty push people to politics in Africa ...

While Passion for selfless service push people to politics in a "bettet"continent.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 8:08am On Apr 28, 2018
No matter the verdict, it cannot bring back the death.
Even if she is sentenced to death, it will still not bring back the dead.
It was an accident. And unless you have never been involved in one, will you judge her harshly. What will 200Milion do for the family? Bring back their dead brother?
I think having fame and wealth cones with a great risk in this country. Cos if Ibinabo has been a poor danfo driver, this case would have dragged this long? You want her to confess to drunk driving and she says NO. that means she is arrogant?
So, the sister is the one telling the truth? oh well their case, their life.

2 Likes

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by fergie001: 8:13am On Apr 28, 2018
BenzEne1:
Reckless driving comes with a price. She is lucky she wasnt lynched.

On the lighter side tho, Ibinbo, Askia and Ayo Adesanya were all brilliant in that classic nollywood remake of Set It Off. Save for a few, nollywood now treats us to poor girl marries prince or poor boy marries princess.
Most wanted......love that movie till now,watched it in 2000

Soundtrack:
Onye barawo onye oshi
Onye barawo onye oshi ooooo grin

Don't mind me jooor,am a lazy yoot shocked
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 28, 2018
OlowoB:

You made sense until you said “contesting for public office is terrible” you must be joking right? 12 years.... so she should not move on with her life cos the case is still in court? Let the courts decide but she cannot continually put her life on hold. While waiting for the decision of the court (we all know how long that can take) let her move on with her life and do whatever she wants.

It’s painful to the Giwa family but life goes on.... this is the truth.

You said it all
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 8:16am On Apr 28, 2018
Mynd44:

This is not a case of the Surajs. This is a State Vs Ibinapo case.

The Surajs were not the ones that dragged her to court so she should stop dragging them in her comments.

It is bad enough she killed their bread winner
Then why do they want out of court settlement to the tune of 200 million?

1 Like

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by partnerbiz4: 8:18am On Apr 28, 2018
eagleeye2:
It was an accident. And unless you have never been involved in one, will you judge her harshly. What will 200Milion do for the family? Bring back their dead brother?
I think having fame and wealth cones with a great risk in this country. Cos if Ibinabo has been a poor danfo driver, this case would have dragged this long? You want her to confess to drunk driving and she says NO. that means she is arrogant?

Well done. Leave those bashing her. The doctor's family must be ruthless. They ought to have accepted settlement even if she was drunk.
I had been following the case from the magistrate court.
They are insisting on sending her to prison just because she is famous.
Let's see how it goes shaa.

And for those saying she was insensitive, so she shouldn't do anything for 12 years because of that?

1 Like

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by doyinbaby(f): 8:18am On Apr 28, 2018
Mynd44:

She has lost all her appeals.

Her final appeal is at the supreme court right now
when the case started she should have towed the begging,apologising and appeal line ,she should have continued begging,she probably would have been free by now..... it is well
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 8:20am On Apr 28, 2018
mudiana:
Who come dey lie for this story now. She said she was unconscious and taken to d hospital, anoda story said she took d car papers nd ran away. Somebody that flew so high nd landed on anoda car should have been knocked out from that impact especially if the rider was a woman who according to the story was said to be drunk. I guess somebody helped her cover her tracks while she was taken to the hospital if you ask me. Wat do I even know, I no dey dere when e happen.
Thank you for thinking outside the box. Mynd is there claiming that the initial account was the truth, forgetting that in this case the family wants a pound of flesh. Maybe she landed on top their car and still maneuvered her way to the ground and doing some magic by removing the plate numbers. and still landing in a hospital bed.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by bebanky: 8:20am On Apr 28, 2018
Mynd44:
Awww……touching but……the reason we have a justice system is that every angle is observed.

The beauty of the justice system is also that technical officials, witnesses and everyone are called to hear their bit before a judgement is given and here are the facts in her case

"The speed that skipped and flipped a jeep over the road demarcation will be considered ‘Reckless and Endangerment‘ because the VIO dept checked the jeep brakes, the engine and all the mechanical and electrical of the jeep but the result shows nothing wrong with the jeep and confirm that the accident as due to ‘OVER SPEEDING‘ in which the result was on record"

Does She take the courts for jokers? How will a car jump over a road divider and you claim you were not over-speeding?

"After the accident, Ibinabo left the scene of the accident without checking for any survivors, she took the license plate and registration out of the car and fled from the scene, that was considered “HIT AND RUN”. The people at the scene of the accident recognized her as Ibinabo Febresima, and stated she was drunk.”Driving Under Influence” of whatever she had "

Muliple witnesses confirm that she left the scene by herself and removed the car plates. They named her and testified to this

"The State Department of Transportation has to use the VIN number to locate the Owner of the jeep, in which the owner was Daniel Wilson. That was my very first time of hearing the name of Ibinabo Febresima. The Doctor died at the scene of the accident because the jeep was on top of the Honda accord driven by him and they couldn’t save him on time because of the seat belt and the weight of the jeep, the brother and the other family friend in that car had survived. Did she know the state of mind and the emotional instability of the people involved in that accident up till now, Ibinabo has never been in a Comma. "

Her jeep was so high in the air, it jumped over a read divider and landed on another car. The last time I saw this was "fast and the furious"
She wants to argue that she has been depressed, thibk of the family, the patient, what the country lost.

"After all the evidences against her, with the result of the VIO by the State department of Transportation, The DPP office took over and charged her to court and she hired Festus Keyamo in which after reviewing the case he withdrew by saying he cannot represent her because it’s a bad case.

Even lawyers stayed away from her case cos they knew it was hopeless

She said and l quote “I CAN’T DO THAT, BECAUSE IS GOING TO DAMAGE MY CAREER” what an ego, she cannot apologize publicly, I feel like kicking her ass. She’s worried about her stupid career, What happened to the career of the Doctor, who happened to be a ‘MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND THE HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL REHABILITATION MEDICINE AT GENERAL HOSPITAL LAGOS.

This part is just lovely. Very lovely

Taken from an interview with Dr. Giwa's sister. https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/03/read-late-dr-suraj-giwas-sisters-open-letter-on-ibinabo-fiberesimas-sentence/

All in all, instead of appealing for public sympathy, allow the supreme court give judgement and we can finally close this.

But Ibinabo should know that contesting for public office in light of this is terrible for optics. Surely her handlers cant be that insensitive to put her up to this and her endorsing it even before the supreme court gives judgement is just a show of insensitivity

Are you guys okay? How can somebody have such and impact and still have the strength to remove vehicle papers and plate numbers? How can eye witness see an accident with a dead victim and allow the culprit to get away?

2 Likes

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by ibinaboonline: 8:20am On Apr 28, 2018
Mynd44:
Awww……touching but……the reason we have a justice system is that every angle is observed.

The beauty of the justice system is also that technical officials, witnesses and everyone are called to hear their bit before a judgement is given and here are the facts in her case

"The speed that skipped and flipped a jeep over the road demarcation will be considered ‘Reckless and Endangerment‘ because the VIO dept checked the jeep brakes, the engine and all the mechanical and electrical of the jeep but the result shows nothing wrong with the jeep and confirm that the accident as due to ‘OVER SPEEDING‘ in which the result was on record"

Does She take the courts for jokers? How will a car jump over a road divider and you claim you were not over-speeding?

"After the accident, Ibinabo left the scene of the accident without checking for any survivors, she took the license plate and registration out of the car and fled from the scene, that was considered “HIT AND RUN”. The people at the scene of the accident recognized her as Ibinabo Febresima, and stated she was drunk.”Driving Under Influence” of whatever she had "

Muliple witnesses confirm that she left the scene by herself and removed the car plates. They named her and testified to this

"The State Department of Transportation has to use the VIN number to locate the Owner of the jeep, in which the owner was Daniel Wilson. That was my very first time of hearing the name of Ibinabo Febresima. The Doctor died at the scene of the accident because the jeep was on top of the Honda accord driven by him and they couldn’t save him on time because of the seat belt and the weight of the jeep, the brother and the other family friend in that car had survived. Did she know the state of mind and the emotional instability of the people involved in that accident up till now, Ibinabo has never been in a Comma. "

Her jeep was so high in the air, it jumped over a read divider and landed on another car. The last time I saw this was "fast and the furious"
She wants to argue that she has been depressed, thibk of the family, the patient, what the country lost.

"After all the evidences against her, with the result of the VIO by the State department of Transportation, The DPP office took over and charged her to court and she hired Festus Keyamo in which after reviewing the case he withdrew by saying he cannot represent her because it’s a bad case.

She said and l quote “I CAN’T DO THAT, BECAUSE IS GOING TO DAMAGE MY CAREER” what an ego, she cannot apologize publicly, I feel like kicking her ass. She’s worried about her stupid career, What happened to the career of the Doctor, who happened to be a ‘MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND THE HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL REHABILITATION MEDICINE AT GENERAL HOSPITAL LAGOS.

Taken from an interview with Dr. Giwa's sister. https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/03/read-late-dr-suraj-giwas-sisters-open-letter-on-ibinabo-fiberesimas-sentence/

All in all, instead of appealing for public sympathy, allow the supreme court give judgement and we can finally close this.

But Ibinabo should know that contesting for public office in light of this is terrible for optics. Surely her handlers cant be that insensitive to put her up to this and her endorsing it even before the supreme court gives judgement is just a show of insensitivity
Her story is different from what you posted here. For example she says the accident threw her unconscious and woke up in the hospital 3 days later. And all these are excerpts from the victim's sister who is very offended. My understanding is that this family would be happy if she paid with her very life. Whatever the truth, forgiveness is best for everyone. I doubt she's the same person she used to be. She's learnt a lot and have grown as a person. I only imagine where she would be if her family is not well to do.

1 Like

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by agabusta: 8:20am On Apr 28, 2018
eagleeye2:

She is walking free today because she is not a danfo driver. Otherwise she'd have been in jail.

Have you ever heard that someone convicted by the appeal court of a crime is on bail?? In fact, her case is the first of such I'll hear of.

Which Danfo driver will get such benefit? So stop being sentimental. Her status has equally given her some benefits. Cases usually take long in Nigeria.

Go and read the Punch report on Supreme Court of the dead, dying and living cases part I, II and III and you'll be shocked how long it takes the Nigerian judiciary to complete a case from start to finish at the Supreme Court.

The report says it takes btw 15 to 30 years on the average.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2018
evexx1:
Aww I feel sorry for her. sad

So touching! But it shouldn't have taken her 12years to speak up, because it somehow seems convenient now.
If she has spoken out then, it will still be tagged arrogant because she is famous and have money.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 8:23am On Apr 28, 2018
agabusta:

She is walking free today because she is not a danfo driver. Otherwise she'd have been in jail.

Have you ever heard that someone convicted by the appeal court of a crime is on bail?? In fact, her case is the first of such I'll hear of.

Which Danfo driver will get such benefit? So stop being sentimental. Her status has equally given her some benefits. Cases usually take long in Nigeria.

Go and read the Punch report on Supreme Court of the dead, dying and living cases part I, II and III and you'll be shocked how long it takes the Nigerian judiciary to complete a case from start to finish at the Supreme Court.

The report says it takes btw 15 to 30 years on the average.

She is on bail because they are trying to settle out of court and the family is asking for 200 million.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by vickrichie001(m): 8:27am On Apr 28, 2018
Yankiss:
Overspeeding kills. She shall have learnt her lesson. But that cannot bring back the dead. cry cry
You deserve some accolades for dis grammer grin
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by YorubaAssasin: 8:27am On Apr 28, 2018
MURDERER... MONSTER B!TCH! You killed a human, you took a life! BASTAR.D! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

It's all about her and her... She never felt remorse. Thunder fire her. Failed system, failed society... She should be in prison for life!

It shall never be well with her!!!!!

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2018
LagosismyHome:
Sadly Ibinabo is trying to rewrite history because she wants to contest election .

She forgets there are witnesses and court records... in due time someone will respond back to this write up with evidence .
As if witnesses cannot be bought? Have you asked yourself how a car that was being driven by a drunk landed on another car, after having jumped over a road divider, will remain the same according to the VIO.. report?
The same driver was able to run away from the scene of the accident and change plate numbers, bearing in mind that the driver was drunk?
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by skales67(m): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2018
That is why this country is a shytehole. In saner countries, CCTV cameras are at every corner of the street recording every damn thing from pedestrians walking to cars driving. A CCTV recording should have helped bust this case of "I did not run away", "i was in coma" etc.

Put the CCTV and "lazy youths" will just vandalize it.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eyinjuege: 8:32am On Apr 28, 2018
Im sure this apology is coming because she wants to become councillor in Okrika. Well done ma.

12 years late in coming.

Her sentence was too short.

Those that drink and drive should be locked up for 20years. They're a danger to everyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by agabusta: 8:34am On Apr 28, 2018
eagleeye2:

She is on bail because they are trying to settle out of court and the family is asking for 200 million.

No sir. She was granted bail on medical grounds. A popular line used by people of means in Nigeria to escape justice.
Moreover, the case is between her and the state. Not the family.

Manslaughter: Ibinabo Fiberesima gets N2m bail – Punch Newspapers
http://www.punchng.com/manslaughter-ibinabo-fiberesima-gets-n2m-bail/

Justice Oseji said he was inclined to exercise discretion in Fiberesima’s favour in view of her health and because there was no record that she had jumped bail in the past.

The judge said it would amount to injustice if after Fiberesima had been kept in prison, the Supreme Court later, after about three to four years, decided that the five year jail term imposed on her should be set aside.

Justice Sidi Bage, who presided over the proceedings, aligned himself with the lead judgment but the third member of the panel, Justice Y.B. Nimpar, dissented.

Justice Nimpar said the ill health grounds upon which Fiberesima anchored her application for bail was untenable.

The judge noted that there was no record before the court that Fiberesima had suffered any complication since February that she underwent surgery for breast cancer and April when she brought her application for bail.

Besides, Justice Nimpar said there were adequate medical facilities in the prison to cater to her health needs, adding that the prison hospital could also give her referral for consultancy in the event that she has any condition that could not be taken care by the prison hospital.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by winningwinner(m): 8:36am On Apr 28, 2018
evexx1:
Aww I feel sorry for her. sad

So touching! But it shouldn't have taken her 12years to speak up, because it somehow seems convenient now.

12 good years, yes, but she said in the story that she has been in constant touch with the family of the late doctor. Besides, she has not found her voice all this while to go public with the story because of the conditions attached: to admit that she was under the influence of alcohol.
In the case of lawyers rejecting her as having a bad case, it should be known that lawyers are business people with price tags for every case. Having known her identity as a celebrity, they expect her to vomit much money and when that fails, they switch to the opponent's side.
Removing car plate number and papers at the scene of accident where people battle to save life is a big joke. She risked being lynched, especially by sympathizers and the survived occupants of the doctor's car. That cannot fly!
The courts could be bought and influenced. I sense conspiracy against the actress.
The money the family is claiming, will it pay for the life of the dead doctor?
Let the lady be set free and be forgiven. This is what will progress every member of the doctor's family.

2 Likes

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by RZArecta2(m): 8:37am On Apr 28, 2018
Mynd44:

I've actually been in a situation where someone overtook my car on high speed then stopped suddenly in front of me. What saved the situation was my maintaining proper distance and speed even though I nearly hit a bike man and his passenger but since I had seen the stupíd driver on time, I had valuable seconds to alter my direction. So you're right, reckless driving killed that doctor. If she was maintaining a reasonable speed and distance, worst that would have happened was damage to her vehicle while hitting the road demarcation and not flipping over said demarcation and landing on another vehicle. Just my thought though.

Ps, the other driver in my own case stopped in the middle of the road to make a call.

1 Like

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by mudiana(m): 8:38am On Apr 28, 2018
eagleeye2:

Thank you for thinking outside the box. Mynd is there claiming that the initial account was the truth, forgetting that in this case the family wants a pound of flesh. Maybe she landed on top their car and still maneuvered her way to the ground and doing some magic by removing the plate numbers. and still landing in a hospital bed.
women that can't change tire of a deflated car will now think to remove plate number of a vehicle on top of anoda vehicle. Shey she won't be traumatized ni?
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by winningwinner(m): 8:40am On Apr 28, 2018
No matter how long this issue has lasted, forgiveness remains the best option. She said in the story that she has been in constant touch with the family of the late doctor. Besides, she has not found her voice all this while to go public with the story because of the conditions attached: to admit that she was under the influence of alcohol.
In the case of lawyers rejecting her as having a bad case, it should be known that lawyers are business people with price tags for every case. Having known her identity as a celebrity, they expect her to vomit much money and when that fails, they switch to the opponent's side.
Removing car plate number and papers at the scene of accident where people battle to save life is a big joke. She risked being lynched, especially by sympathizers and the survived occupants of the doctor's car. That cannot fly!
The courts could be bought and influenced. I sense conspiracy against the actress.
The money the family is claiming, will it pay for the life of the dead doctor?
Let the lady be set free and be forgiven. This is what will progress every member of the doctor's family.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by Olayinkacms: 8:45am On Apr 28, 2018
For those feeling that it is because of political ambition that she is apologising may be right .
We dont do things right in this part of the world.she should have continue her social work.,this will give her solace that it was not intention that the incident..
However,no amount of justice can bring back the dead.
If she is lying the punishment of God will be more than what anybody can take.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 8:45am On Apr 28, 2018
agabusta:

No sir. She was granted bail on medical grounds. A popular line used by people of means in Nigeria to escape justice.
Moreover, the case is between her and the state. Not the family.

And I ask, who is demanding 200 million for out of court settlement?
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 8:49am On Apr 28, 2018
Olayinkacms:
For those feeling that it is because of political ambition that she is apologising may be right .
We dont do things right in this part of the world.she should have continue her social work.,this will give her solace that it was not intention that the incident..
However,no amount of justice can bring back the dead.
If she is lying the punishment of God will be more than what anybody can take.
Exactly.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by AFONJACOW(m): 8:55am On Apr 28, 2018
Please kill yourself cheesy
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by laytoshtwo: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2018
If you don't drive don't comment accident can happen anytime whether you are careful or not.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by Yankiss(m): 9:09am On Apr 28, 2018
mhisbliss:
Bad grammar also kills
The sentence is correct. Analogy: I shall have stayed here three years in two days time.

1 Like

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by iboboyswag(m): 9:14am On Apr 28, 2018
GeneralShepherd:

When people say overspeeding in Nigeria I laugh.. do we have speed limits in Nigeria. Show me 5 roads besides some highways that have road signs displaying speed limits.

Nigeria is a dead country... the family should hold the government accountable

Oga don't display your ignorance...

1 Like

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by iboboyswag(m): 9:19am On Apr 28, 2018
eagleeye2:

I am not trading blames nor taking sides but I know one thing for sure, you have to sometimes stoop to conquer!

If all these people she mentioned have been unable to sway the family, that tells you there is more to the story... They may just have confirmed information that she is refuting/denying and that is probably pissing them off the more.

A simple sorry with no strings attached or too much explanation of your own side can set everything straight sometimes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toyin Lawani Cries Out After The 3rd Python Was Killed In Her Neighbourhood / Majek Fashek Being Taken To Hospital In UK (Video) / Iyanya, Cynthia Morgan, M.I, Seyi Shay, Yemi Alade, Others Attend MAMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.