Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

"How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After (40163 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima In Swimwear As She Vacations In Philippines / Ibinabo Fiberesima And Fred Amata Their Daughter, Zino In New Picture / Ibinabo Fiberesima Steps Out In Cleavage-Baring Gown; Lady Criticises Her Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
hush15:

I get your point but i wont follow a witness's statement here. I have had a similar case, not unto death but broken leg. Not my fault, you know how people cross indiscriminately on the express but when it happens, people dont see the fact that its wrong to cross the road the way nigerians do. A bike man carries a passenger and drives recklessly on lagos road and when you caution, its even the oassenger that will be telling you that dont you have eyes like 'hey, when you see me, stop driving'. Nigerian road users are terrible at it and when it happens, you hear different stories and the truth would never be spoken because of many sentiments. While trying to avoid colliding into the car in front of you, she swerved and found her car at the other aide of the road, that happens regularly on Lagos road especially in that lekki. You see some accidents and you wonder how did this happen! People dont understand that it can happen and they say all sorts, so i can relate with it.

However, again you are right. Its now a burden and she cant wish it away. She can only continue to plead with the family and pray God touches their heart. Jailing her indefinitely wont bring back the dead but she can do some time if letting her feel the pain of loosing a loved one would mediate the pain. They should just seek compensation and move on and probably compel to one or two duties of the demised one. 12years down the line, the deed is done and nothing has changed
In that same Lekki road, near one of the roundabout i had my first and only accident. throughout my stay in Lagos.
One of these danfo buses was coming dangerously behind me and blaring horns. I was watching my rear view mirror without knowing I was heading for a collision with one of the culverts. The guy sitting on the passenger's sit got alarmed and tried to steer the steering for me. I lost control and found myself jumping over to the side of the road. My on grace was that there was no oncoming vehicle.
People just concluded that it was "all these boys self". Date was December 25, 2000.
If jailing her will give the family closure, by all means jail her. But, I am irked by people trying to tell her to pause her life because she was unfortunately involved in an accident that claimed a life.

1 Like

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by texazzpete(m): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ego2:
not saying the LAW shouldn't run it course buh will her committing suicide or been incarcerated bring the doc bk?

how else is she suppose to show remose if the society isn't gonna give her the chance to.

I agree! Let us also go to Kirikiri and all other prisons in Nigeria and let out all the prisoners there that claim to be 'born again' or 'repentant'. Afterall, will incarceration bring back their victims?

We should also set all Boko Haram members free...jailing them will not resurrect all the tens of thousands of Nigerians Boko Haram has killed.

Smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2018
texazzpete:

No. For 12 years the case has been in and out of the courts. Eyewitness testimonies have been there for anyone to look them up. Ditto for court proceedings.

This woman has been convicted by law courts...and an appeal court has upheld the conviction. We can already draw our own conclusions based on overwhelming evidence. Any 'side of the story' discussion from the actress should just be read to satisfy curiosity.
To be sincere if my 'enemy' was in such situation and seek for my advice, I will simply tell him or her to serve out her jail sentence and be done with it.
If Ibinabo had served her sentence however long it maybe, (except death penalty) she as well as the family would have found closure.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2018
walexbiz:

Sir you are wrong, sometimes round 2016 a car accident happened along Hospital road very close to agbonmagbe lodge at ebute-metta. A black Prado suv was over speeding and its brake malfunctioned, the driver couldn't bring it to a halt, the driver tried to ram the suv against the divider so as to bring it to a halt but it didn't as it climbed over the divider the driver had to steer it into vehicle stopped by traffic light and it climbed and destroyed three vehicles. Though nobody was hurt as they all escaped narrowly.

Could the driver of the Prado jeep maneuver his or her car and escaped while removing the plate numbers in that act of escapism?
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by texazzpete(m): 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2018
eagleeye2:

To be sincere if my 'enemy' was in such situation and seek for my advice, I will simply tell him or her to serve out her jail sentence and be done with it.
If Ibinabo had served her sentence however long it maybe, (except death penalty) she as well as the family would have found closure.

Yep. You’re right. If she had served her sentence at the time, she would have been long since free of this wahala.

Perhaps she should appeal to the Lagos State Govt for a plea deal. Accept guilt, accept a lighter prison sentence and have them commute it early for community service.

Sad case all round.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by summerky: 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2018
All these write up is just because of political post. Nonsense
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by iboboyswag(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2018
eagleeye2:

For 12 years, we have heard only the Family's side of the story. And I say it's good she has spoken out. Almost everything we know about this case, is a one sided account until now.

Wrong! Her story headlined the magazine Genevieve of April 2010.. Issue 67.

She has been speaking but has bluntly refused to be wholesomely sorry... Sorry with excuse, reasons and tainted stories doesn't amount to full remorse. She truly needs to quit all these shenanigans and shameless acts of seeking pity(stories of I fainted, I am helping youths etc.) And focus on being truly sorry, shamelessly sorry!

The case can't still be made criminal and the act of trying to seek office so as to evade Justice... Is truly telling of how she views the whole issue.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by Adesolomon2014(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2018
cheaphost:
Actress Ibinabo Fiberesima took to her Instagram page to share her side of the story and also plead for forgiveness in the accident which she was involved in that claimed the life of a medical doctor 12 years ago.

In the very lengthy post, Ibinabo said she is not a killer and didn't drive under the influence of alcohol on the unfortunate day of the accident.

Ms Ibinabo also revealed she was depressed and had suicidal thoughts but is currently receiving treatments.

This post was prompted by the backlash she got after she revealed she is interested in running for political office. Read what she wrote below

My dearest friends and followers, I greet you this blessed Friday. Most of you may have heard about my sad story of accident that caused the life of a beautiful and amazing human, Dr. Suraj Giwa. For 12 years, I have remained silent; internally mourning, grieving and praying that time would heal his family and mine. Through those years of my silence, stories were manufactured in the mainstream and social media about the accident. There were so many stories. My character was assassinated. I did not tell my story. Nobody heard from me, until now. Please take few moments to read the next posts as I share my story of what really happened and seek forgiveness, peace for both families. I finally got the courage to tell my story to Azuka Jebose. It was a burden lifted off my soul. As you read, please continue to pray for the soul of Late Giwa, his family and my family. Thank you for your supports and prayers. God bless you. May the soul of Dr. Suraj Giwa continue to be at peace. Amen

MY STORY

DEAR NIGERIA, I AM SORRY.” “ Dear Azuka,
I greet you. Thank you for allowing me to respond to your recent post here about my political ambition and the fatal accident of 2006. I need to tell my story. I stayed silent for so long and watched as my life, character and person were being ruined in published reports, including social media. This is my story, told for the first time on social media platform.

My heart has never stopped aching. It will not. An accident took the life of someone. I am forever in mourning because of this. Two families’ lives have been changed forever with this unfortunate fatal accident. It was an accident. Dr. Suraj Giwa didn’t have to die. I wished I could bring him back. I am sorry for the pains caused. I have also been maligned and disparaged in the media: I am a monster. I am a killer and a murderer, I am a drunk... No. Azuka. I am none of these.
I am just another human being that was in a deadly accident and the accident caused the death of Dr. Suraj Giwa.

It’s been 12 years of heartache, pain and depression for me. My eyes are rivers of tears.
Some days I feel like killing myself. Life has no meaning to me.
I think about Dr. Giwa every day. I pray for his soul and I pray and seek forgiveness from his family for the pain and agony. I am very sorry.
It didn’t have to happen. I wished I knew it would happen that unfortunate day, I would not have travelled that road. I was not drunk that day.

Azuka, I was driving along Lekki road, returning home after picking up a friend’s daughter from a church Fellowship. Suddenly, a red car overtook the SUV in front of me. The SUV was travelling slowly, so I shifted to its front, too. The red vehicle was being driven by a young man and had his friends with him…I drove past the red car. I think that might have angered the young chap because he swiftly sped from behind, drove past me and made a sudden stop in my front.

I tried to avoid hitting those boys in the red car. I swerved and lost control in that moment, the impact dived my vehicle into inbound lane.. Dr. Giwa was inbound, thus he drove into my car and both cars collided. I collapsed and passed out.. Three days later, I WOKE UP IN A HOSPITAL bed to learn what had happened. I was weak, sore and in pains. I could not move my legs. I had been sedated for three days. Doctors said they had to sedate me to numb my pain. Meanwhile, the police had been informed that I was in that hospital. The Lagos State Police came to the hospital to take my statement of what happened. After I gave them my statement, I was arrested at the hospital and charged to court.

At my court appearance for hearing, the judge noticed how sick, weak, incoherent an disoriented I was: he also saw my injuries. He ordered that I should be sent back to the hospital for further treatment until I was well enough to stand trial. I could not walk then.

Later at the hospital, I woke up from coma and to reality. I was afraid and shocked. I could not believe I was involved in an accident that had taken a life. I was like: Wow!..Someone died in that accident. Oh my God!. I didn’t know the family. While I was in the hospital my family contacted the family of Late dr. Giwa who died in the accident. My family was there for the funeral and did everything during the mourning season. I was afraid. But I met them in court and tried to approach them. I understood the anger and pain I had caused them, so I accepted their anger toward me….his sister was really angry at me… I wanted to talk to her… it was hard for me to get close to her… I understood all these: the pain and distress they felt as a result of the accident. I felt their pain. I wanted to tell them how sorry and remorseful I was… It was an accident. I did not intend to wake up that morning, went out and had a fatal collision.
Weeks later, I was arraigned. I attended all my court appearances. During the process I visited the family and attempted several times to make peace. I never ignored them. I am always sorry. I know the pain is tough, so I understood their anger but I kept begging. I am sorry.

I did not intend to wake up that morning, went out and had a fatal collision.
Weeks later, I was arraigned. I attended all my court appearances. During the process I visited the family and attempted several times to make peace. I never ignored them. I am always sorry. I know the pain is tough, so I understood their anger but I kept begging. I am sorry. I had gone to so many good people and friends to assist me in pleading for forgiveness from the family. One of such friends is late Iyalode of Lagos. She assisted me in begging the Giwa family: when I became well and able to walk, she took me to The former Imam of Lagos and the Present Oba of Lagos: these traditional and religious leaders begged on my behalf, pleading with the family for forgiveness and showed how sorry and remorseful I was that the accident happened. I never ran away from the scene of the accident.
I was unconscious.
How could an unconscious accident victim remove plate license and registration papers from the vehicle as reported in the media? Why would I do a thing like that? How could I have done a thing like that?

I became a monster in the eyes of everyone. So I thought suicide was the best option to end all these and find peace for my family and Dr. Giwa’s family. I lost myself.
I was no longer Ibinabo.
I didn’t know who I was.
I became a stranger to myself and my family, afraid of life and living, scarred by and scared of human beings.
I withdrew and became clinically depressed.

I could not take care of my children. I was dying.
Azuka, I was dying. Life had no meaning to me. I became a lonely zombie: a mother that could not care for her children, distressed, disturbed and severely depressed.

I was sent to Kirikiri female Prison. I wanted to die there. I accepted to end it.
But one preacher came to the prison and preached to us. It was like he was talking to me. During his sermon, I fainted… I was revived by prisoners that attended the service. When I woke up, I was soaked in water and the prisoners gathered around me… I asked what happened and they told me I had Passed out during the service.. That opened my eyes. I asked myself then: Ibinabo, do you really want to die?. I said no. I must turn my life to purpose driven, to rescue the weak and helped those that society had turned against.. I held onto God. I told Him it was up to Him. I didn’t want to see any lawyer again, I had no money. My family bailed me out after three months and three days…. I came out to pursue the appeal…
I was living my simple life…I engaged in works with youths in my village. I enjoy spending time in my town. They know me there. They love me there… I was on my way to a funeral when my lawyer called me.. Earlier the previous day, I called to inform him I would be out of town and hoped the appeal date would not be scheduled while I was out of town.
He said no. I told him I didn’t want the court to think I jumped bail… He called me on my way to the funeral, the next day and said the court date was actually that morning. I had to hurry back to court.
I lost the appeal. I was shocked.

My lawyer did not understand what was going on. That day, I was taken back to Kirikiri maximum security prison… that was 2016…

While at Kirikiri, I discovered I had a lump in my breast. I had to do surgery… when I was released, I went to the village so that I would not breakdown and collapse into depression again…
Yes I want to serve my people.. I want to be positive and impact people’s lives. And yes, Azuka, I remember that this sad situation is still here…
I do not know who else to talk to…

I do not know what else to do. I need help…
The family sued me for N200Million in a civil case…
Where will I get that money from?. So we have been negotiating to see where we can get to, so I can begin making payment by installment.

We have agreed to settle out of court… we are not there yet. It’s a process… Though I have appealed this case to the Supreme Court, what is important to me now is making peace with the family: that is more important because it will heal me… his family and I would have peace.

Azuka I am not a bad person. I do not know what else to do. People think I am a murderer. I am not. I am not. Azuka, free me….Free me… It was an unfortunate accident. I didn’t do it intentionally. That’s all I have been begging…
I have begged…I do not know what to do…I am truly sorry it happened…

I am not running for any political office. My people wanted me. A group of youths from my place asked me to run for office, I said no. They went and printed poster and placed it on social media. So I endorsed it.

Eventually, I must live. I have to do things to my fulfillment, to what God wants me to do; to be able to help youths help people generally… Life in Okrika is not easy… I need to help the youths believe in themselves… they are aching.. In my region, simple things of life are a struggle to get. I need to change their mindset that there is alternative way to Life… I have become a seeker of peace for my people… Life hasn’t been a bed of roses… But I must deal with this issue. I seek forgiveness from the family and peace of mind. I need to find closure and peace.… I am not a killer… I care too much… I am a caring person. I put myself in the shoes of Giwa’s family and I can understand their pains. I am very sorry for the loss of life of Dr. Giwa. I am. I am not arrogant.

I never, ever said to his family that I would not offer public apology.
I was offered to do a public service announcement across country with regards to Driving While Impaired. I said if I did that, it then meant I accepted I was drunk when I drove my car. I wasn’t drunk. I would do anything but that. I wasn’t drunk… they assumed because I owned a night club in the past, so I must be an alcoholic.

This is exactly the truth. It’s not fair to admit that I was drunk.
The police did not arrest me for drunk driving.. The court never charged me with drunk driving.. There were reckless and dangerous driving charges.
Those were what I was charged by the court…. I was not charged with manslaughter.
Not murder…

My pains through the years include: Bouts of depression Attempted suicide I Had surgeries in my breast to remove lumps. I cannot do a lot. This unfortunate experience has affected my job prospects. I am unemployable I have stopped acting for a while. I just do charity works.. I am not flamboyant.. Dear Nigeria, I am sorry. I will forever regret what happened.
Giwa was a father, husband and son. He was the sole and soul provider of his family. I feel terrible he died during an accident which I was involved. I feel really bad. I am sorry. I need prayers. Please pray for me and the soul of Giwa and his family.

I know I have found God through this experience. But I still need help. I am receiving therapy for my depression and suicidal thoughts… I am able to share these with you.. I am healing… one moment at a time..I am not a killer. I am not a murderer. I am not an alcoholic. I did not drive while intoxicated. I was involved in an accident that resulted in death and for that I am very sorry. I have had periods of feeling miserable in the last 12years as a result of this accident. I need to find peace. I seek forgiveness. I am sorry... Thank you" ** As told to Azuka Jebose

View source
: https://ovoko.com.ng/accidentally-killed-medical-doctor-nollywood-actress-speaks-12-years-later/

Writeup is touching but still yet doesnt erase wat loss she caused the said Dr Giwa's family...Imagine she were in the family's shoes, am sure she will do worse cus she is a fucking celebrity(egocentric fellows). Not all celebrities sha
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
texazzpete:

Yep. You’re right. If she had served her sentence at the time, she would have been long since free of this wahala.

Perhaps she should appeal to the Lagos State Govt for a plea deal. Accept guilt, accept a lighter prison sentence and have them commute it early for community service.

Sad case all round.
If what you said is the way it will go down, will the Giwa family find closure?
Well, since it's at the supreme court let it run its course. And whatever be the outcome, let everyone accept it.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

Writeup is touching but still yet doesnt erase wat loss she caused the said Dr Giwa's family...Imagine she were in the family's shoes, am sure she will do worse cus she is a fucking celebrity(egocentric fellows). Not all celebrities sha
CC: texazzpete
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2018
iboboyswag:

Wrong! Her story headlined the magazine Genevieve of April 2010.. Issue 67.

She has been speaking but has bluntly refused to be wholesomely sorry... Sorry with excuse, reasons and tainted stories doesn't amount to full remorse. She truly needs to quit all these shenanigans and shameless acts of seeking pity(stories of I fainted, I am helping youths etc.) And focus on being truly sorry, shamelessly sorry!

The case can't still be made criminal and the act of trying to seek office so as to evade Justice... Is truly telling of how she views the whole issue.
And can you explain how someone can be 'wholesomely remorse'
Is she seeking to run for governorship? or President?
As far as I am concerned, that is the only offices that offer you immunity from prosecution.
Or, you all just want her to pause her life, while she is still breathing?

1 Like

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by Yankiss(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
mhisbliss:
undecidedRead again

I do not know how to make you understand. This is basic English. It meant that in exactly 2 days time, I should be three years here or shall have stayed three years here.

Back to the main sentence: SHALL have learnt her lesson is not the same meaning as SHOULD have learnt her lesson. The first case is used after the fact or incident; the second sense is admonitory. She ought not to have caused accident in the first place.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by iboboyswag(m): 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2018
eagleeye2:

And can you explain how someone can be 'wholesomely remorse'
Is she seeking to run for governorship? or President?
As far as I am concerned, that is the only offices that offer you immunity from prosecution.
Or, you all just want her to pause her life, while she is still breathing?

Wholesomely remorseful involves being sorry without cause to explain how you may or may not be right. Like someone pointed out, as much as she has continued to say sorry, she keeps twisting the story to suit her claim... "...Dr. Giwa was inbound, thus he drove into my car and both cars collided." Statements like this and many as contained in the magazine report which was in her own words have put paid to the fact that she is not wholesomely remorseful.

Research well, you will know that Dr. Giwa's family don't need her #200 million but there is anger from the family in the way she has shown remorse... The thought is that she is more concerned for her career than the life of someone who is a father and benefactor to his extended family.

The vibe of he is dead and nothing can be done about it would not help her... She should beg and beg and beg more, show the family that her career means nothing to her now a life is lost by her hand and let them be the ones to ask her to go and fend for her family not her calling the families attention to how her family is not feeding and how this whole thing is affecting her health... If it is affecting her like this, what would we say of the dead and those he left.

Modified

I have lost a cousin to a learner driver, driving one way at Cele bus stop, Apapa - Oshodi exp... The driver was a young boy of 18. We set him free when for 3 days he couldn't eat and was wailing constantly... Whenever we came to the station, he falls on his knees begging and crying... You could see that his conscience was already so much of a burden talk more of a prison sentence... We let him go home after 3 days with the fa!ily insisting on at least paying for the burial for which we said no.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by Raymond7: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
So u don kill person àbi
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by umuna(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
evexx1:
Aww I feel sorry for her. sad

So touching! But it shouldn't have taken her 12years to speak up, because it somehow seems convenient now.

Because she is seeking for an elective office, if not she would not have come out to apologize. Why did it take her this long to come out? And why did she not abide by the lower court's decision if she was truly sorry and make peace with the family then? The family should not agree with any out of court settlement, rather let the law take its full course.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
iboboyswag:

I am not trading blames nor taking sides but I know one thing for sure, you have to sometimes stoop to conquer!

If all these people she mentioned have been unable to sway the family, that tells you there is more to the story... They may just have confirmed information that she is refuting/denying and that is probably pissing them off the more.

A simple sorry with no strings attached or too much explanation of your own side can set everything straight sometimes.

when life is involved a simple sorry is no longer sufficient, especially when you are clearly culpable

if i bump you with my car, i can say sorry
if i bash your car i can say sorry

but when i put you in the hospital, or i kill you, and i am culpable because of recklessness, sorry is no longer sufficient

i am really surprised at all these people blathering about spirit of forgiveness.

do you have any idea what it is like to lose a loved one?
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by EagleNest(m): 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
The story somehow get k-leg. It would be better if we wait for the supreme court verdict to decide who is saying the truth.

Since she has a political ambition now, it would be difficult not to believe that the purpose of this 'I'm sorry' letter is because of her political plans.

A life was lost and that can be painful. Forgiveness is not really easy especially when the offender is perceived by the family of the victim as truly NOT sorry.

Lets not forget: Speed kills.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by opobo007: 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2018
Such a good actress and also a good script writer. If not for public office, you wouldn't be telling your own side of the story. Try harder convincing the court of law. As for me, I think you still hiding the truth
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by isalegan2: 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
Truthsbitter:

there's a reason for law....
I guess you will also ask the law to let of someone that violently rape a female relation of yours?

let her be judge for her inhuman actions ..and I hope you know everything she wrote in her speech is a lie?
her actions have always been "insult upon injury" against the docs family.

Thank you. I don't know what our people are turning into. A people without morals. Anything a celebrity does is fine now. They want to worship fame now. At least O.J. and the Barretta guy got away with killing their wives, right?

Do wrong thing, just be famous first.

Nonsense.

If she committed such a crime against my family she will pray to be locked away in Kirikiri so I don't get my hands on her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 4:34pm On Apr 28, 2018
iboboyswag:

Modified

I have lost a cousin to a learner driver, driving one way at Cele bus stop, Apapa - Oshodi exp... The driver was a young boy of 18. We set him free when for 3 days he couldn't eat and was wailing constantly... Whenever we came to the station, he falls on his knees begging and crying... You could see that his conscience was already so much of a burden talk more of a prison sentence... We let him go home after 3 days with the fa!ily insisting on at least paying for the burial for which we said no.
All your epistle has been summarized in just this story.
If she wasn't drunk driving, I still don't see why she should publicly say that she was drunk driving.
If the Giwa family didn't need the 200 million, why then did they ask for it? No matter the outcome of this case, the Giwa family should find closure. Because this one account from Ibinabo after 12 years is making them look like the villain instead of the victim.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by eagleeye2: 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2018
umuna:

The family should not agree with any out of court settlement, rather let the law take its full course.
The price is 200 million. If Ibinabo has that, this case will be over.
Sadly, that is the price tag over Dr Giwa's life, according to this story.
I think the family should come out and refute this claim. Because it seems as if greed has now taken over.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by aalangel(f): 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
Mynd44:
Awww……touching but……the reason we have a justice system is that every angle is observed.

The beauty of the justice system is also that technical officials, witnesses and everyone are called to hear their bit before a judgement is given and here are the facts in her case

"The speed that skipped and flipped a jeep over the road demarcation will be considered ‘Reckless and Endangerment‘ because the VIO dept checked the jeep brakes, the engine and all the mechanical and electrical of the jeep but the result shows nothing wrong with the jeep and confirm that the accident as due to ‘OVER SPEEDING‘ in which the result was on record"

Does She take the courts for jokers? How will a car jump over a road divider and you claim you were not over-speeding?

"After the accident, Ibinabo left the scene of the accident without checking for any survivors, she took the license plate and registration out of the car and fled from the scene, that was considered “HIT AND RUN”. The people at the scene of the accident recognized her as Ibinabo Febresima, and stated she was drunk.”Driving Under Influence” of whatever she had "

Muliple witnesses confirm that she left the scene by herself and removed the car plates. They named her and testified to this

"The State Department of Transportation has to use the VIN number to locate the Owner of the jeep, in which the owner was Daniel Wilson. That was my very first time of hearing the name of Ibinabo Febresima. The Doctor died at the scene of the accident because the jeep was on top of the Honda accord driven by him and they couldn’t save him on time because of the seat belt and the weight of the jeep, the brother and the other family friend in that car had survived. Did she know the state of mind and the emotional instability of the people involved in that accident up till now, Ibinabo has never been in a Comma. "

Her jeep was so high in the air, it jumped over a read divider and landed on another car. The last time I saw this was "fast and the furious"
She wants to argue that she has been depressed, thibk of the family, the patient, what the country lost.

"After all the evidences against her, with the result of the VIO by the State department of Transportation, The DPP office took over and charged her to court and she hired Festus Keyamo in which after reviewing the case he withdrew by saying he cannot represent her because it’s a bad case.

Even lawyers stayed away from her case cos they knew it was hopeless

She said and l quote “I CAN’T DO THAT, BECAUSE IS GOING TO DAMAGE MY CAREER” what an ego, she cannot apologize publicly, I feel like kicking her ass. She’s worried about her stupid career, What happened to the career of the Doctor, who happened to be a ‘MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND THE HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL REHABILITATION MEDICINE AT GENERAL HOSPITAL LAGOS.

This part is just lovely. Very lovely

Taken from an interview with Dr. Giwa's sister. https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/03/read-late-dr-suraj-giwas-sisters-open-letter-on-ibinabo-fiberesimas-sentence/

All in all, instead of appealing for public sympathy, allow the supreme court give judgement and we can finally close this.

But Ibinabo should know that contesting for public office in light of this is terrible for optics. Surely her handlers cant be that insensitive to put her up to this and her endorsing it even before the supreme court gives judgement is just a show of insensitivity

Mtcheewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by nairamaniac: 9:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
She says;

The red vehicle was being driven by a young man and had his friends with him…I drove past the red car. I think that might have angered the young chap because he swiftly sped from behind, drove past me and made a sudden stop in my front.

My Reply;

I feel sorry for her but that is an extreme case of reckless driving or she was actually drunk.

One can never be innocent to hit another vehicle from behind.
No matter how sudden the stop was.
U are meant to give a minimal certain distance from a car that is in front of you.
So you have enough time to slow down if the car decides to hit his breaks.

Secondly, for her to have overtaken the red car that was on high-speed. In fact, the red car's speed was so high, it over took the SUV.
But she sped past the red car.

This was a case of car race between her and the red car. Unfortunately, the biggest looser was the late doctor.

If this part can be this doubtful, who blames us to doubt the rest?
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by olumidazz: 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
I was the lawyer in that case. We desperately wanted to send you to jail. You showed up in court on the first day with keyamo and Daniel Wilson. It was an accident anyway, 12 long years gone by
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by bunsuq: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2018
Well, if we actually want to believe her account, what simply led to the accident is road rage. It is a terrible thing. I have experienced it when a driver I overtook felt insulted by a woman overtaking him. He pursued my car and tipped my car and almost caused a somersalt. I have learnt from that there are a lot of disturbed people driving on the Nigerian roads. Save yourself and your life and give them right of way, if they so insist. Road rage happens and it can be fatal.
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by jsb(m): 9:35am On Apr 30, 2018
Mynd44:
Awww……touching but……the reason we have a justice system is that every angle is observed.

The beauty of the justice system is also that technical officials, witnesses and everyone are called to hear their bit before a judgement is given and here are the facts in her case

"The speed that skipped and flipped a jeep over the road demarcation will be considered ‘Reckless and Endangerment‘ because the VIO dept checked the jeep brakes, the engine and all the mechanical and electrical of the jeep but the result shows nothing wrong with the jeep and confirm that the accident as due to ‘OVER SPEEDING‘ in which the result was on record"

Does She take the courts for jokers? How will a car jump over a road divider and you claim you were not over-speeding?

"After the accident, Ibinabo left the scene of the accident without checking for any survivors, she took the license plate and registration out of the car and fled from the scene, that was considered “HIT AND RUN”. The people at the scene of the accident recognized her as Ibinabo Febresima, and stated she was drunk.”Driving Under Influence” of whatever she had "

Muliple witnesses confirm that she left the scene by herself and removed the car plates. They named her and testified to this

"The State Department of Transportation has to use the VIN number to locate the Owner of the jeep, in which the owner was Daniel Wilson. That was my very first time of hearing the name of Ibinabo Febresima. The Doctor died at the scene of the accident because the jeep was on top of the Honda accord driven by him and they couldn’t save him on time because of the seat belt and the weight of the jeep, the brother and the other family friend in that car had survived. Did she know the state of mind and the emotional instability of the people involved in that accident up till now, Ibinabo has never been in a Comma. "

Her jeep was so high in the air, it jumped over a read divider and landed on another car. The last time I saw this was "fast and the furious"
She wants to argue that she has been depressed, thibk of the family, the patient, what the country lost.

�������My reply to this rubbish..
�She must have been a super human to have climbed down from a jeep on top of another vehicle to look for her car tools got the spanner got down climbed back on the Honda with three accident victims inside then started loosing the front and back plate numbers of her jeep while onlookers were there clapping for her supernatural powers..then Shelton down waved at the onlookers, boarded a taxi or did she just walk away leaving her own passenger or both of them ran away..or flew away like in movies..remember they accused her of being drunk and even in that state yet she was able to do all this super acts..na wao..so it's now only drunk drivers that speeds..
This Giwas' sisters' story is not realistic..that's my personal observation..Ibinabo God is your strength,what happened to you could happen to any driver on the wheels,was just an accident who knows whether they sent the accident from the Giwa village and you were unfortunately at the wrong place at the wrong time..Giwa family should look inwards and find out what actually happened on that day spiritually..
Re: "How I Accidentally Killed A Doctor" - Ibinabo Fiberesima 12 Years After by Truthsbitter: 11:14am On Apr 30, 2018
Ego2:
not saying the LAW shouldn't run it course buh will her committing suicide or been incarcerated bring the doc bk?

how else is she suppose to show remose if the society isn't gonna give her the chance to.
so because nothing can bring the doctor back she should be proud about her foolish actions ?
she killed someone, ran away, refuse to apologise and lied against a dead man and his family and you want the society to let her spill more tantrums and lies?
I think you didn't follow the case otherwise you would've been very familiar with all the evidence that she is proud, lying, heartless and wicked woman.

no one needs her remorse , at least not anymore , she has shown that she doesn't care ....

she got her chance now the only chance that remains is to rot in jail for a reasonable about of years maybe then when she comes out she will be a better person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Brother To Flavour's Babymama Sandra Okagbue Blasts Him For Messing With Her Pre / Sophia Momodu (davido's Babymama) Shares Embarrassing Moment She Had At The Bank / Peter Okoye Advertises His Vevo Channel Following Fall Out With His Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.