Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,600 members, 7,955,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:40 PM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (163712 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2018
What people fail to realize is the trans-atlantic and trans-saharan slave trades were created on the lie and false notion of blacks being inferior; therefore arabs or whites must civilize africans by forcing them into islam or christianity

For the arabs and whites to convince their citizens about this inhumane act they had to prove we were indeed inferior

So they had to falsify our history, delete and destroy anything reflecting black greatness

That is why Napoleon and his army broke off the noses on those grand Egyptian structures

That is why libraries and cities were burnt to the ground

Every conqueror from ancient times did these things so I do not know why some of us will only believe African histories that are verified by our oppressors/enslavers

It makes absolutely no sense to me and is highly irrational, and reeks of a low self esteem
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
davidnazee:

All this claims of Early Arabs being blacks, Hebrews blacks, blacks were first occupants of North America, black nobility of Europe are totally absurd and demeaning to the black race. It just shows we (or those making these claims) are ashamed of who we are today and trying to use those false claims to feel important. I think our collective African history (Benin Empire, Mali, Songhai, Ghana, Oyo) are enough for us to feel proud of.
No point going beyond Africa to claim Arab, Hebrew, Moors, North America even Europe as being blacks. It foolishness and low esteem.
You are the ignorant one here

"Cheddar Man" is a male human fossil dating to 9100 BP (before present) found in Somerset Great Britain. it was excavated in 1950

Analysis of his nuclear DNA indicated that he was a typical member of the western European population at the time with dark skin, blue eyes, and dark curly or wavy hair.

If the earliest britons were black what does that tell you about all the earliest civilizations of mankind ??

Cheddar man is a discovery made by white scientists by the way, please verify and research!

So this is not afrocentric revisionism, which I am also against by the way.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2018
Henry Berry, member of the Virginia house of delegates in 1832 said this>

We have, as far as possible, closed every avenue by which light may enter the slaves’ mind. If we could extinguish the capacity to see the light, our work would be complete; they would then be on a level with the beast of the field and we should be safe.”

To all the africans here who trust the white man so much that they only accept his version of our history, ponder on those words from your white mentors
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
Moorish:

You are the ignorant one here

"Cheddar Man" is a male human fossil dating to 9100 BP (before present) found in Somerset Great Britain. it was excavated in 1950

Analysis of his nuclear DNA indicated that he was a typical member of the western European population at the time with dark skin, blue eyes, and dark curly or wavy hair.

If the earliest britons were black what does that tell you about all the earliest civilizations of mankind ??

Cheddar man is a discovery made by white scientists by the way, please verify and research!

So this is not afrocentric revisionism, which I am also against by the way.

I have read about the cheddar man. Despite his appearance he is regarded as an ancestor of modern brits. Modern brits (whites) are said to descend from cheddar man and his people at that time. So does this mean white people descended from blacks?? Remember it is generally accepted that life began in Africa. The first men appeared in Africa before they dispersed all over the world to birth new races.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
Moorish:

We have, as far as possible, closed every avenue by which light may enter the slaves’ mind. If we could extinguish the capacity to see the light, our work would be complete; they would then be on a level with the beast of the field and we should be safe.”

To all the africans here who trust the white man so much that they only accept his version of our history, ponder on those words from your white mentors

Nobody said they trust the whites.
Just saying that rather than use your energy on hating the whites why not use that energy in preaching importance of education to your brothers, preach awareness, love and peaceful coexistence, adaptation to new technologies.. that is how we can be a better people. Hate does not bring victory.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2018
davidnazee:

I have read about the cheddar man. Despite his appearance he is regarded as an ancestor of modern brits. Modern brits (whites) are said to descend from cheddar man and his people at that time. So does this mean white people descended from blacks?? Remember it is generally accepted that life began in Africa. The first men appeared in Africa before they dispersed all over the world to birth new races.
The black gene is dominant.

White genes are recessive. This is a biological fact.

People do not change from black to white, even after a 1000 years of living in a northern hemisphere area

if people changed skin tones why are afro-american slave descendants still black after 450 years in North America?

What we members of the Nation of islam believe is that the brown, yellow, red and white races came forth from the black nation by a process of grafting which was initiated by Yakub who was a black scientist.

He wanted to create a new people on the planet earth that would rule the original nation

Hence he taught the white race how to master and conquer the black races
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2018
davidnazee:

Nobody said they trust the whites.
Just saying that rather than use your energy on hating the whites why not use that energy in preaching importance of education to your brothers, preach awareness, love and peaceful coexistence, adaptation to new technologies.. that is how we can be a better people. Hate does not bring victory.
Hate is a strong emotion bro.

It gets s.hit moving.

Hitler is an example (German industry, war machines and engineering)

I do respect the white race. They were given the dominant civilization/culture. But their rule is for 6000 years, and their time has already expired.

Black races are superior.

The white man is preaching peace because he already stole all your treasures from your house and he is comfortable with peace and love, he does not want to lose his ill gotten wealth

If he wasn't in a position of advantage he would not be preaching peace, trust me

Also do you not know the world runs on a system of white supremacy? Yet, you a melanated person is preaching peace.

You do yourself no good, blood!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2018
Obalufon:
you are right bro...
I hope we can meet in Lagos soon

French fries, fried snails and a cold bottle of coca-cola is my promise to you

You have earned my respect
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2018
Moorish:

It gets s.hit moving.

I do respect the white race. They were given the dominant civilization/culture. But their rule is for 6000 years, and their time has already expired.

The white man is preaching peace because he already stole all your treasures from your house and he is comfortable with peace and love, he does not want to lose his ill gotten wealth

If he wasn't in a position of advantage he would not be preaching peace, trust me

Also do you not know the world runs on a system of white supremacy? Yet, you a melanated person is preaching peace.

Mental slavery , Psychological warfare..David grew up loving that blue eyed blond hair baby doll..loving white Angels....is going to be hard to change his thought he has been programmed to hate anything black..

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2018
Moorish:

It gets s.hit moving.

Well the only thing we can do now is to get ourselves educated, be innovative, build better societies for ourselves, promote black ideas patronize and invest in black manufacturers. That is the way to a better black race. Hating won’t do us good, or thinking of fighting the whites they will wipe out the black race lol.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
Obalufon:

Mental slavery , Psychological warfare..David grew up loving that blue eyed blond hair baby doll..loving white Angels....is going to be hard to change his thought he has been programmed to hate anything black..

Well this is your opinion. I think you are the one that has been defeated and subdued by the whites tactics. That is why the only thing u think of is hate and been a moor. Is that progressive?
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2018
davidnazee:

Well this is your opinion. I think you are the one that has been defeated and subdued by the whites tactics. That is why the only thing u think of is hate and been a moor. Is that progressive?

Moors were black.. i just want you to accept that ..is a known fact ..
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2018
davidnazee:

All this claims of Early Arabs being blacks, Hebrews blacks, blacks were first occupants of North America, black nobility of Europe are totally absurd and demeaning to the black race. It just shows we (or those making these claims) are ashamed of who we are today and trying to use those false claims to feel important. I think our collective African history (Benin Empire, Mali, Songhai, Ghana, Oyo) are enough for us to feel proud of.
No point going beyond Africa to claim Arab, Hebrew, Moors, North America even Europe as being blacks. It foolishness and low esteem.

Oyo shoukdnt be among it's a slavery empire

If you give a yoruba man a book to read come back and ask him the content in it ....he will relate any word found similar to a yoruba word in the book to a yoruba history he will so twist the history that you will forget the bok you gave him..
This is what they do best i bet the northern african they acknowledged now know nothing of this fact yoruba claim of them ....if the history is true as they said africans still remain historyless
To histories when they are told....
Lets come together to build and make an history that would wipe our shame away just like the asian did i net the britan cant go to chiana again to attempt conquer
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
davidnazee:

Well the only thing we can do now is to get ourselves educated, be innovative, build better societies for ourselves, promote black ideas patronize and invest in black manufacturers. That is the way to a better black race. Hating won’t do us good, or thinking of fighting the whites they will wipe out the black race lol.
educated in lies.. Laugh... You can never compete with the whites in their own knowledge let us develop our own. You want to reinvent the wheels. some fools In institutions posting electric car that can be built by junior high school student in China or Europe...we need to search for knowledge ourselves... That is why African blacks cant be awarded with a novel Laurette in any science field.. Physic ,chemistry or medicine

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
You need to know your history to know where you are coming from To know where you are going.. ....
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2018
Obalufon:
educated in lies.. Laugh... You can never compete with the whites in their own knowledge let us develop our own. You want to reinvent the wheels. some fools In institutions posting electric car that can be built by junior high school student in China or Europe...we need to search for knowledge ourselves... That is why African blacks cant be awarded with a novel Laurette in any science field.. Physic ,chemistry or medicine
The white man’s knowledge is tricknology

A system of tricks taught to him by Yakub to conquer the earth

You are correct, we need original knowledge
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 1:16am On Jul 27, 2018
Moorish:

Who fucking care about race i dont care infact i am more greatfull to the whitemen race who contributed alot to this world ...am i ashamed am an african the second populated continet in the world was colonize by 3rd populus continent by few countries in it what a shame....you can find way to justify the historys to urselfs thats what the yorubad do best... Dony forgot what ure using to write now is a white man language ...our African ancestor never wrote to prove thier influence over europe or anywhere but you uphold the idea of influence like it was written....

I will always advice yorubas to leave shortcutting it doesnt help... Yorubad want to make quick money they will venture into ritual... They would want a good history they will twist thiet history, they woukd want power they will mingle to those who have scarcism of a well know slave tribe
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 5:10am On Jul 27, 2018
gregyboy:

Who fucking care about race i dont care infact i am more greatfull to the whitemen race who contributed alot to this world ...am i ashamed am an african the second populated continet in the world was colonize by 3rd populus continent by few countries in it what a shame....you can find way to justify the historys to urselfs thats what the yorubad do best... Dony forgot what ure using to write now is a white man language ...our African ancestor never wrote to prove thier influence over europe or anywhere but you uphold the idea of influence like it was written....

I will always advice yorubas to leave shortcutting it doesnt help... Yorubad want to make quick money they will venture into ritual... They would want a good history they will twist thiet history, they woukd want power they will mingle to those who have scarcism of a well know slave tribe
Well aren’t your Edo women international w.hores since you want to play like that ?

Isn’t that love for “quick money”?

You lack knowledge of self and you are unexposed and very local

You are ashamed of yourself and your race

People like you are the scum of my race

I avoid your kind desperately

Be gone
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 5:30am On Jul 27, 2018
Moorish:

Well aren’t your Edo women international w.hores since you want to play like that ?

Be gone

Are Yoruba women not whores too? Even if they are local they still whores..
anyways who are your race? Is it Moors, Arabs or Hebrews or blacks?

Are you happy with the current state of the black race? Every other races look down on the black race not because of the colour of our skin but rather we generally are unproductive and hardly contribute to global progress. Given there are some blacks that are doing well but as a whole the race is nothing. Other races are mining Africa while we sit and fold our hands.
The whites came took our resources, the Indians came and feed off us now it’s the Chinese that is colonizing Africa.
Please stop singing praises of a past that is long gone and not even relatable to this present era. All those past glories you sing about even if it should be true (it’s a lie sha) how has it helped our present?
Do not blame black predicament on whites rather blame it on blacks.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2018
Moorish:

Be gone

Yea...the first step to progress in life is to admit ur flaws blame urself for ur mistakes not others then stand up and take a better step ...while peeps like you would stay all time paddling and blaming others ...if i was to be a white man i would be so rascist to a black immigrant not the slaves because i would see them as weakling to run from thier home nd not take a fight....

On the other hand why i dislike the yorubas is just simple thier mistake made the whole africans look foolish selling thier own poeple for slaves same with the igbos ...i laugh when i saw the ooni been welcomed in brazil if i was to be those Brazilians i would stone him to death
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 8:16am On Jul 27, 2018
davidnazee:

Are you happy with the current state of the black race? Every other races look down on the black race not because of the colour of our skin but rather we generally are unproductive and hardly contribute to global progress. Given there are some blacks that are doing well but as a whole the race is nothing. Other races are mining Africa while we sit and fold our hands.
The whites came took our resources, the Indians came and feed off us now it’s the Chinese that is colonizing Africa.
Please stop singing praises of a past that is long gone and not even relatable to this present era. All those past glories you sing about even if it should be true (it’s a lie sha) how has it helped our present?

Hypocrisy at its finest

This whole thread was based on relishing in past glories

And you also took part

ditto
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 8:18am On Jul 27, 2018
gregyboy:

Yea...the first to progress in life is to admit ur flaws blame urself for ur mistakes not others then stand up and take a better step ...while peeps like you would stay all time paddling and blaming others ...if i was to be a white i would be so rascist to a black immigrant not the slaves because i would see them as weakling to run from thier home nd not take a fight....

On the other hand why i dislike the yorubas is just simple thier mistake made the whole africans lppk foolish selling thier own poeple for slaves same with the igbos ...i laugh when i saw the ooni been welcomed in brazil if i was to be those Brazilians i would stone him to death
You are ignorant

You berate yorubas and igbo for selling their tribes in the past

However you forget that Edo people are being sold as slaves today!

Edo women are the number one import from Africa into European prostitution chains!

So clean up your own Edo mess before pointing fingers!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 8:33am On Jul 27, 2018
Obalufon:
All the inventions of the white man can be traced to fundamental Afrikan concepts which originated since the times of the pharaohs

The ignorant ones here do not know huge amounts of revenue were generated on the cotton plantations of America, this fueled the industrial revolutions in Britain and America

The exploitation of the slaves (Low costs, maximal profits) and the results were Anglo-American supremacy

Cotton was the crude oil of its era by the way...
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 8:34am On Jul 27, 2018
Moorish:

You are ignorant

Edo women are the number one import from Africa into European prostitution chains!

Nigga inside that boat 5 person are only edos the remaining are other tribe which 50 are yorubas 20 are igobos the remaining are other tribe ....do uwant take a survey on it....
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 8:37am On Jul 27, 2018
gregyboy:

Nigga inside that boat 5 person are only edos the remaining are other tribe which 50 are yorubas 20 are igobos the remaining are other tribe ....do uwant take a survey on it....
Keep on lying to yourself
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2018
Moorish:

You are ignorant

Yorubas never contributed anything to the world apart from slaves...edos gave bronzes for study all over the world made the Eurocentric have a different perspective in africa Benin's history in the world carry ife history's...
Nevertheless majourity in that boat are 5 percent edos the rest comes from yoruba and igbos they come to benin to be shipped making it now look like they are edos we are making money from the yoruba and igbos peoples head ....
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 8:43am On Jul 27, 2018
gregyboy:

Yorubas never contributed anything to the world apart from slaves...edos gave bronzes for study all over the world made the Eurocentric have a different perspective in africa Benin's history in the world carry ife history's...
Nevertheless majourity in that boat are 5 percent edos the rest comes from yoruba and igbos they come to benin to be shipped making it now look like they are edos we are making money from the yoruba and igbos peoples head ....
If this alternate theory makes you feel better about yourself, carry go!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2018
davidnazee:

If you ever became president you would go to foreign countries and call Nigerians lazy

That is basically what you just said!

You need to look at the whole history of Afrikans in context

The other races DID in fact look down on us due to the color of our skin

Your religion, christianity in fact created this "Hamite" doctrine stating all peoples of African descent are cursed!

That was the premise for the transatlantic slave trade.

The first ship to land on our coasts was the "Good Ship Jesus"

Do you people even think?
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2018
Moorish:

If this alternate theory makes you feel better about yourself, carry go!

No it doesnt. it makes me angrier the more....how come.a whole majour tribe only deformes the face of africa with slave now everyblack literal is seen inferior because of the mistake of the yorubas and igbos ....you complain of edo women who migrate is totally different from yoruba slaves which were taken out of thier will killed in the process as slaves
Go on goggle type the world bronze benin bronze would comeout ....
But type the world black slaves you kolnow the rest
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 8:54am On Jul 27, 2018
gregyboy:

No it doesnt. it makes me angrier the more....how come.a whole majour tribe only deformes the face of africa with slave now everyblack literal is seen inferior because of the mistake of the yorubas and igbos ....you complain of edo women who migrate is totally different from yoruba slaves which were taken out of thier will killed in the process as slaves
Go on goggle type the world bronze benin bronze would comeout ....
But type the world black slaves you kolnow the rest
Like your brother David said, stop relishing in past glories

Both Igbos and Yorubas are more successful than Edos today, both in Nigeria and out of

Music, film, sport, sciences, literature, business

Benin is not on the level of those two tribes

What has Benin sons and daughters achieved in post-colonial times?

Any significant scientific or creative contributions?

I cannot think of any
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2018
Moorish:

All the inventions of the white man can be traced to fundamental Afrikan concepts which originated since the times of the pharaohs

The ignorant ones here do not know huge amounts of revenue were generated on the cotton plantations of America, this fueled the industrial revolutions in Britain and America

The exploitation of the slaves (Low costs, maximal profits) and the results were Anglo-American supremacy

Cotton was the crude oil of its era by the way...

The white man got away with genonice ...buhari is going to go away with what homicide....lol
Have you questioned him all the past leaders in this countrys your ancestors got away with slave trade which is agains liberty of freedom....you write in a white man language and youre clothed with thier clothes.... Wake up from ur cry japan humilated your colnials did they ever cry for it ....they humbled themselves when lost ...the chinnese are erasing the existence of British in thier life's everyday but were saving one for history and crying over it.....

If you wanna help go fight corruption build a greater nation then go fight justice fight because if you go like this they will unlesh more hell on nigeria ...i bet the British can go fight china again ...but the British can boost of conquering the whole of africa again

Take a look at this illustration: a man found a boy peeling his wound . the man stood up and flogged him and later he pet the boy gave him sweet,clothes the things he need and told him not to do it again but deep in this boys mind je feels hatred for tje man dispite the good he did gor him he carried the hatred for his discipline by him....this is an example of africa to the white...if u dont like tje way the white is oppressing the blacks let africa wake up and fight them instead tje world is the strongest survives ...

Benis where discplined and thier history ended there you see how foolish africans are .now the Benin's who onced had pride is now begging British for there own work foolishnesses
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2018
gregyboy:

The white man got away with genonice ...buhari is going to go away with what homicide....lol
Have you questioned him all the past leaders in this countrys your ancestors got away with slave trade which is agains liberty of freedom....you write in a white man language and youre clothed with thier clothes.... Wake up from ur cry japan humilated your colnials did they ever cry for it ....they humbled themselves when lost ...the chinnese are erasing the existence of British in thier life's everyday but were saving one for history and crying over it.....

If you wanna help go fight corruption build a greater nation then go fight justice fight because if you go like this they will unlesh more hell on nigeria ...i bet the British can go fight china again ...but the British can boost of conquering the whole of africa again

Take a look at this illustration: a man found a boy peeling his wound . the man stood up and flogged him and later he pet the boy gave him sweet,clothes the things he need and told him not to do it again but deep in this boys mind je feels hatred for tje man dispite the good he did gor him he carried the hatred for his discipline by him....this is an example of africa to the white...if u dont like tje way the white is oppressing the blacks let africa wake up and fight them instead tje world is the strongest survives ...

Benis where discplined and thier history ended there you see how foolish africans are .now the Benin's who onced had pride is now begging British for there own work foolishnesses
Seems you do not know the meaning of the words you use..

Genocide is the murder of a group of people (by an individual or group)

Homicide is the murder of an individual (by another individual or group)

I am glad you have decided to look inward at Edo problems

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Some Animal And Birds Names In Yoruba. / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.