Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (156728 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by shizzle1: 8:29am On Apr 29, 2018
aribisala0:
Onitsha is part of Benin Kingdom
shut your putrid mouth you dunce. It's you foolish yoroobas that come up with such nonsense and stupid clclaims. please face your sh1t slinging republic. Sometimes I wonder if Oduduwas fall from the sky with a neck injury also affected your brains
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Fideo(m): 8:32am On Apr 29, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:

Stop talking trash kid!
Oba of Oyo is senior to Ooni in Yoruba culture (not age wise)

guy nothing like oba of Oyo it's Alafin and more so Alafin is not superior to oni just get that straight it's was because of the political power and conquest in wars that makes the old Oyo kingdom superior not their King and mind u am from Oyo state o just be friendly with History.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by shizzle1: 8:35am On Apr 29, 2018
aribisala0:

What does Onitsha mean in Igbo
typical of yorooba, quick to deviate and turn everything topic against their perpetuall nemesis-Igbo. Why don't you focus on telling us how oba Benin originated from ile-ife?

Sometimes I wonder who cursed you yoroobas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by badboyharmony: 8:46am On Apr 29, 2018
shizzle1:
typical of yorooba, quick to deviate and turn everything topic against their perpetuall nemesis-Igbo. Why don't you focus on telling us how oba Benin originated from ile-ife?

Sometimes I wonder who cursed you yoroobas
see this Igbo
you better shut da fvck up cos the argument here is about two kingdoms with genuine history and kings not your born by mistake tribe
so hop off with your plasma head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by codemaniacs: 8:52am On Apr 29, 2018
zz

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by expert234: 8:54am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:
I think ignorant people like you should stop talking at once.
Every real king is Godly in nature, that is part of being a king. And the Oba of Benin is a true king.
His ancestor waged a war against britain for God's sake !

Senseless ignoramus like you claimed the omo n'oba doesn't visit other people. Don't you see your stupidity from that picture?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Born2Breed(f): 8:57am On Apr 29, 2018
macof:
i respect bini too. It was a kingdom all Africans should be proud of but these people of today are hateful and disrespectful for a people of such insignificant landmass and population
They have no place in a greater Africa of tomorrow with attitude like this. Their hatred towards Yorubas especially and all other Africans in general is disgusting
They are ignorant, boastful, rude, dishonest

I stand by it, when provoked these people should gain no mercy. Yorubas have treated them as brothers for too long

The Benin's have always respected the Yoruba's as a cousin. But what did the Benin's get in return? Insult and derogatory reference to the Benin's as omo Igbo.

The old Western region the Bendel axis were insulted and deprived of regional allocations, the major resources the made the western region increase its pace of development was gotten from the Bendel area. Cocoa we contributed 35%%,Timber 50%,Rubber and Palm Oil we contributed more but what did Bendel get? We all saw what the break away of Mid Western region did to the west.

Check this thread,its always the Yorubas that derails it without verifiable claims.

You all talk about size forgetting Japan once ruled over China and Italy over Europe.

Forget the mercy part, when e set believe me you and you co-warmongering crew will be the ones begging for mercy.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by expert234: 8:58am On Apr 29, 2018
DeRay98:

This is one of the reasons our youth are thought to be lazy (basic intellectual laziness that is).
Someone just made ignorant statement and you vented your frustration.
What they said is," Oba no dey go transfer" and not "Oba no dey travel". This should be simple enough.
You comment like an idiot, believe me.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by ariesbull: 9:01am On Apr 29, 2018
shizzle1:
that foolish thing you quoted is yorooba. Don't even bother trying to reason with him. He is one of those yorooba supremacist on with a false sense of self-worth
k
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by shizzle1: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2018
badboyharmony:

see this Igbo
you better shut da fvck up cos the argument here is about two kingdoms with genuine history and kings not your born by mistake tribe
so hop off with your plasma head
coming from a descendant of a fallen demon. Need I say more?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by badboyharmony: 9:10am On Apr 29, 2018
shizzle1:
coming from a descendant of a fallen demon. Need I say more?
at least em not a bastard
useless osu
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Marotzke(m): 9:11am On Apr 29, 2018
ArmedRobber:
yeah that why the title of Benin throne is omo oba
Omo Oba ? Correct.
But which Oba?
Ooni or Alafin?
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by shizzle1: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2018
codemaniacs:

it is called bini not benin... the yorubas built farms settlements/cities with armed guards...

bini was created by one of the children of the ooni...

there were numerous farm cities all over the yoruba nation and Africa..

Africans created farm cities and created traditional heads to govern the creation, extraction and production processes of those cities....

If you can't see that Africa is filled with unkempt farms which are now called forests then you have an intellectual problem..
In a bid to sound intelligent you ended Up making a fool of yourself.

Is yorooba synonymous to Africa? Are Igbos, Bini not Africans too?. So if 'Africans'had large farm lands and created farm cities as you put it, why are you claiming that bini was created by yorooba and not the other way since bini as Africans also had farm lands not just yoroobas?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by shizzle1: 9:18am On Apr 29, 2018
badboyharmony:

at least em not a bastard
useless osu
Coming from a sh1t slinging abobastard. I give up

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Saladin25(m): 9:23am On Apr 29, 2018
Una never tire with this Yoruba vs Benin discussion. Based on my own research;

1. Oduduwa came from Benin and he met people in Ile-Ife before he became King. Some Kings have existed in Ile-Ife before the reign of oduduwa.

2. Not all Yoruba Kings came from Ile-Ife, the Ijebus and the Ugbos have proved that several times.

3. The Ooni is not the most powerful king in Yoruba land. The Alafin is the most powerful king, during the colonial era there are letters written by Alafin to the British where he presented himself as the number one king in Yoruba land.

4. Aside from Eko(Lagos Island), Benin Kingdom never conquered any part of Yoruba land, even Owo(a town in Ondo state) were always at war with Benin, but Benin kingdom never conquered them.

In conclusion, put this supremacy battle somewhere and let us foster peace and unity just like the way the two kings see themselves as one.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by igwegeorgiano(m): 9:25am On Apr 29, 2018
Banmeallday:
Who is paying for all these travels and drinking of stout?
am the one paying bros. u re welcome to d parry
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by shizzle1: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2018
Like seriously, what's it with these yorooba folks claiming superiity over everything? Is it inferiority complex or what? You idiots fyi, ilorin is still there waiting for you to reclaim. To the best of my knowledge, ilorin is still under a caliphate-emirate waiting for you to grab. Is ilorin no longer yorooba land? Oh I forgot afonja the fake warrior relinquished his land over to his alimi masters and ran with his tails in between his legscheesy.

You stupid folks should stop disturbing us with each opportunity on how bini belongs to you.

Stupid people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by shizzle1: 9:32am On Apr 29, 2018
Saladin25:
Una never tire with this Yoruba vs Benin discussion. Based on my own research;

1. Oduduwa came from Benin and he met people in Ile-Ife before he became King. Some Kings have existed in Ile-Ife before the reign of oduduwa.

2. Not all Yoruba Kings came from Ile-Ife, the Ijebus and the Ugbos have proved that several times.

3. The Ooni is not the most powerful king in Yoruba land. The Alafin is the most powerful king, during the colonial era there are letters written by Alafin to the British where he presented himself as the number one king in Yoruba land.

4. Aside from Eko(Lagos Island), Benin Kingdom never conquered any part of Yoruba land, even Owo(a town in Ondo state) were always at war with Benin, but Benin kingdom never conquered them.

In conclusion, put this supremacy battle somewhere and let us foster peace and harmony just like the way the two kings see themselves as one.
yoroobas will never agree with you, they always claim superiority over everyone and everything.

Heck, even the word 'eko' a purely Bini word owing to their conquest of the area, but guess what? yorooba still argue it with their distorted claims, lies and outright falsehood.

These people are pure demons! that's why sometimes I wonder if their lunacy iis as a result of oduduwa falling from the sky, breaking his head and developing haemorrhage in the process.

Pathetic tribe

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by TheKingIsHere: 9:35am On Apr 29, 2018
ritababe:

the Ooni has visited the oba of Benin twice

You dey answer those clowns. The ooni of ife has visited the oba of Benin several times, so as a good king and father he just decided to visit his son.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by TheKingIsHere: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2018
Wealthandjobs:

This shows that the yorubas worship the oba of Benin till date for having a shine in the ooni of ife palace

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by codemaniacs: 9:38am On Apr 29, 2018
zz
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by macof(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2018
Born2Breed:

The Benin's have always respected the Yoruba's as a cousin. But what did the Benin's get in return? Insult and derogatory reference to the Benin's as omo Igbo.

The old Western region the Bendel axis were insulted and deprived of regional allocations, the major resources the made the western region increase its pace of development was gotten from the Bendel area. Cocoa we contributed 35%%,Timber 50%,Rubber and Palm Oil we contributed more but what did Bendel get? We all saw what the break away of Mid Western region did to the west.

Check this thread,its always the Yorubas that derails it without verifiable claims.

You all talk about size forgetting Japan once ruled over China and Italy over Europe.

Forget the mercy part, when e set believe me you and you co-warmongering crew will be the ones begging for mercy.
o pls either you are intentionally lying or you are just ignorant. it is ego and vain pride that made bini go out of the old western region. provide the official reports to support this your claim that the major resources were coming from Bendel area?

mid-west region was created in 1963, 3 years after independence, in what way did Yorubas or the Western region government extort from your region? Ok now after over 50 years of being away from the 'bad evil' western region, what development has Edo state obtained? is Benin city now a paradise?
Use your head please

Yorubas have done nothing against you folk

P.S when did Japan ever dominate China
and italy over europe stop talking through your ass
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Saladin25(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2018
shizzle1:
yoroobas will never agree with you, they always claim superiority over everyone and everything.

Heck, even the word 'eko' a purely Bini word owing to their conquest of the area, but guess what? yorooba still argue it with their distorted claims, lies and outright falsehood.

These people are pure demons! that's why sometimes I wonder if their lunacy iis as a result of oduduwa falling from the sky, breaking his head and developing haemorrhage in the process.

Pathetic tribe
Common, am also a Yoruba person, but am a Nigerian first ahead of any ethnic/religion. Using that derogatory statement isn't okay. After I did all my findings about the origin of Oduduwa I realised, the Benin account is somehow right. If Oduduwa never came from Benin, the Chiefs of Benin wouldn't have picked Oranmiyan to come and become King after the Ogiso dynasty came to an end.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by codemaniacs: 9:48am On Apr 29, 2018
zz
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by codemaniacs: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2018
zz
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 10:05am On Apr 29, 2018
Moneywomen17:
i like the guy he acts like an intellectual but anybody that have half a brain can see through it. He says a lot of things then contradict himself next
To ‘act like an intellectual ' ,isnt the same as intellectual because , intellectuals may disagree on issues but not on true situation of things as clear as ABC. If this guy can pass out information based on assumption that is defamatory,which this said guy and others had done in the past and even used foul word on Ooni's stool, then he lacked being called an intellectual. You see, there are Odudua descendants everywhere and do have account of their history even if it has been long. These guys are filled with pride simply because, they don't feel comfortable seeing that Odudua descendant known as oranmiyan owns Oba Bini lineage. This was the reason they came up with all lies. This is my disagreement with many of his likes that detest the truth. These Edo should go and read the place where the Neck of previous Kings (Òorun Oba Ado) were buried. Oba Ewuare visited the place when he came to ILE IFE . So who are the liars on here? This is the reason, it is a futile mission to engage someone who know nothing apart from lies circulated online and used 'em as propaganda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by AreaFada2: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2018
[img][/img]
AreaFada2:

Afam, the grandfather of this Oba visited UK and other places as an Oba. Father of this Oba visited all states of Nigeria in early 1980s as a thank you visit to all the monarchs who came to his coronation.

Oba used to lead troops to war in ancient times. There are drawings of Oba on horseback taking a ride around Benin complete with dwarfs, leopards, courtiers, drummers, flutists, etc. Drawings by visiting Europeans centuries ago.

What people misconstrue as Oba does not leave Palace is that he's not seen often unless the occasion is important. Certainly not visiting people's homes or birthday parties as a matter of routine.

For example periodically The Central Mosque in Benin invites the Oba to their service. To commemorate when post 1853 an Oba of Benin gave land to the son of Eleko Kosoko, Prince Olojo, after Kosoko was deposed in Lagos. A son of Kosoko went to Benin, his ancestor being from there.

He built the first Mosque in Benin on that land, on Lagos Street, Benin.
Oba Akenzua II and Queen Ohan in London in August 1950.

1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by shizzle1: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2018
Saladin25:

Common, am also a Yoruba person, but am a Nigerian first ahead of any ethnic/religion. Using that derogatory statement isn't okay. After I did all my findings about the origin of Oduduwa I realised, the Benin account is somehow right. If Oduduwa never came from Benin, the Chiefs of Benin wouldn't have picked Oranmiyan to come and become King after the Ogiso dynasty came to an end.
okay good, if you truly Yoruba as you say, it's pleasing and heart warming to see reasonable and objective Yoruba like you.

Just for you, the derogatory remarks will take an exception.
Most of your folks are just so disgusting and irritating to say the least. They turn everything to Igbo bashing.

Look at first page, from nowhere one foolish Yoruba boy started with the bashing saying its Igbos claiming that Obama Benin does not leave his palace, wetin concern agbero with overload?
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Saladin25(m): 10:13am On Apr 29, 2018
codemaniacs:

1. oduduwa is not a person its a group of people, they were a yoruba group that came from north-east Africa not Benin... odudu means black or dark in yoruba, wa means come (can also mean a different thing).. oduduwa means the blacks are here... what the exodus is to christians is what oduduwa is to the yoruba.

2. all yoruba kings/queens were appointed in Ife...

3. the ooni is the most powerful spiritual leader in yoruba nation... the ooni has never been a king/queen. spiritual leaders are usually higher in rank than kings/queens.... yes the Alaafin is the most powerful king/queen... ooni is a spiritual leader..

4. binis never conquered or fought any part of the yoruba nation.. If they had done that they would have been exiled just like afonja... they were one with the yoruba same way the ijebu, ilaje, itsekiri many other sub yoruba groups outside Nigeria are one with yoruba

In conclusion, they are not two kings.... one is a king the other is a spiritual leader cool cool cool
Well, You are entitled to your opinion, but where I have issue with Yoruba account is;

1. Yoruba claimed that Oduduwa fell from sky, some said he came from Mecca and while some came into conclusion that he is from Egypt. But let us look at these accounts does it makes sense. How could one fall from the sky? He came all the way from Egypt/Mecca, do you know how many cities and towns one would pass through before getting to Ile-Ife. All these account are ruse to me.

2. As for all Yorubas kings/queens are appointed in Ile-Ife that is a fallacy. Oba Sikiru Adetona and many Ijebu indigenous people have refuted this claim that not all Yoruba people came from Ife. The Ijebus came from Sudan, the Olugbo of Ugbo, Oba Akinruntan (aka Obat) said Ugbos never originated from Ile-ife. Ugbo people were always terrorizing the people of Ile-ife before Moremi Ajansoro used her deceit to conquer them.
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/25/ijebus-are-from-sudan-awujale-insists/

3. As I have stated before in one of my comments, Benin fought wars with the Yoruba, Owo was at war with Benin but were never conquered. Eko(was a war camp) for the Benin warriors, which the Awori, the indigenous people of Lagos Island always pay tribute to the Oba of Benin.
Even Alafin Abiodun sought the help of Oba of Benin when Fulani were threat to the Oyo kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by macof(m): 10:16am On Apr 29, 2018
Saladin25:

you have not done any findings

1. have you heard the popular Bini saying 'Uhe n'o bie Oba' Ife birthed the Oba
2. Why is the priest of the Oba's ancestral shrine one of the people who accompanied Oranmiyan to Bini.
3. Why is the Oba called 'Ovbie Oodua n'uhe' son of oduduwa of Ife
4. why were the corpse of the early Bini kings taken to Ife for final funeral rights
5. why does the Ogiamien of Utantan (formerly Ogiso) claim Oba of Bini is a foreigner. Ogiso dynasty was still existing until Oba Ewedo finally defeated Ogiamien.
6. what is the hidden meaning of the Ekiopagha Treaty?
7. Why is any refers to Ekalederhan absent in the coronation rites of the Oba of Bini or any tradition that has to do with the Oba?
8. Have you heard of Ughotun, the town founded by Ekalederhan? If he went on to be king of Ile-ife, don't you think Ife people would know of Ughotun and even know of Ekalederhan being oduduwa?
9. What do you know about Oke-ora? Oke-ora happens to be according to Ife traditions the origin of Oduduwa. [If you want to know more about Oke-ora, you can open a different thread where i will answer your questions, or better get in touch with Ife chiefs - the Obadio and Olojudo]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by shizzle1: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2018
^^arguing with all these yorooba supremacists is an exercise in futility, I warned you before hand.

Those guys are unbelievable and impossible, you can never reason with them.
cheesygrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (123) (Reply)

The "REAL" Hausa / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. / Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.