Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad (1817 Views)

Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? / Opinion: Relationship Is Being Used For Free Casual Sex Anytime / What Is Your Relationship Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by BooTina(f): 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2018
Relationship is cool, so cool... but as cool as it is, it requires maturity, trust and understanding.

Men out there should learn from this little experience I had earlier this month.

Due to my fast approaching exams, I jokingly told my man not to call me or come visiting for some days. I needed to prepare for my exams and I don't want him around. Although he agreed, but some part of me tells me he would term it as another thing cuz he is a little bit clingy.

He called like 2 times between the period of my exams but I intentionally didn't pick his calls. I sometimes derive joy not picking his calls but deep down, I love him dearly. It makes me more like a superlady. I don't expect him to feel bad tho, afterall, he always claims he loves me and he knows I love him too.

Long story short, after my exams, I noticed he started acting weird, those sweet things he always did seized to exist. I talked to him about it and what he said got me.

His story: I am seeing someone else and I'm taking him for granted. I only used my exams to cover up. As a matter of fact, I changed my relationship status from "In a relationship" to "Single". Moments later, I tagged someone on facebook and wrote these words, "We understand the same language which is love"

My story: I and some friends were celebrating an indoor birthday party. We were playing the truth or dare game. I was dared to change my relationship status and tag someone who is crushing on me on facebook.

Fortunately for me, a friend recorded some part of the game and I just had to show my man what is.

So if I hadn't talked to him, he would've kept mute and think I'm the cheat here. I'm not saying what I did is entirely right, but he judged too quickly.

Well, he is not the type that talks much. The fact that he was unable to trust me has really reduced the way I feel about him. Only God can help us now, we are still together but things are really weird between us.

If you think this isn't real or we're still immature lazy yoots, I'm 24 and he is 26. In few years, we Might tie the knot. But in the meantime, pray for us, trust is really important in every relationship.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by 0luwatope(m): 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
#LazyNigerianYouths

1 Like

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
This post is full of crap

1 Like

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Jaqenhghar: 9:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
Cant blame him. With the way things are these days building trust is difficult with the stories one hears. Not blaming you either whats done is done. you guys need to figure out if you want to continue or not. That is the big question

3 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2018
hmmm trust cheesy...
trust is earned cheesy
for him to have doubts about u means maybe other guys dey flirt with u and this makes him feel uneasy.your excuse about not to be disturbed when writing ur exams only hightened his suspicions.anyway the guy get time to confront u about cheating cos if na me i no get dat time to dey argue with woman about being loyal or not being loyal.if i suspect she dey play away games i will just quietly break up with her and walk away frm d relationship.who get time to dey argue wit woman if she"s playing away match cheesy.

5 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Rawani: 10:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
You actually do take him for granted which is why winning a petty truth or dare game seemed more important than his feelings, and you went ahead to change your status and message a crush. Why not just choose truth and save yourself the drama? Watching his call ring while you deliberately ignore it? Cmon.

You just might lose your man if you keep giving him reasons to doubt your loyalty. With girls these days, it's better to err on the side of caution.

10 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
I remember how I had to pick a fight with my uni-ex just so I could prep for my finals. It broke my heart having the poor thing blow up my phone, show up at my doorstep in tears asking WTF the problem was. Needless to say I aced my papers and I would tell myself there was no other way, but deep down somewhere I knew I derived this sick pleasure knowing I had her stressing and in need for a little piece of my attention.

It took me years down the line to realize that I never truly loved her. I used her, and I'm man enough to admit that.

Same thing you're doing to this guy. Sorry to say this but you don't love him like you think you do, you only love the feelings he brings. So even if down the line it doesn't work out between you two, it ain't gonna be because he's got trust issues - nah - it's gon be because you're just not capable of loving him back the way he feels he deserves.

Like me, we just love ourselves more. And that's fine.

7 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Shugarlord213: 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
Your guy knows this simple truth
NEVER TRUST. NIGERIAN H.OE

2 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by nuggarito: 10:23pm On Apr 28, 2018
Which sick person would tag her crush and put it on Fb while you are in a committed relationship, and your silly excuse is truth or dare. What kind of fuckery is that?

You don't love that dude, if you had you would have respected his feelings and avoid such things that would lead to this, you think you love someone until its time to make a sacrifice then you will know. I don't blame you, I blame the dude he loves someone who ain't really worth shit

Ladies and their chicken brain. Smh

6 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by lenghtinny(m): 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2018
Trust isn't some prescription drugs you buy over the counter. It's earned angry

You don't go fooling around and you expect him to just believe you based on logistics angry. Shows you don't respect him enough to rub that truth or dare sh*t in his face and expect him to gobble whatever trash you told him.

1 Like

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by SoapQueen(f): 7:28am On Apr 29, 2018
BooTina:
Relationship is cool, so cool... but as cool as it is, it requires maturity, trust and understanding.

Men out there should learn from this little experience I had earlier this month.

Due to my fast approaching exams, I jokingly told my man not to call me or come visiting for some days. I needed to prepare for my exams and I don't want him around. Although he agreed, but some part of me tells me he would term it as another thing cuz he is a little bit clingy.

He called like 2 times between the period of my exams but I intentionally didn't pick his calls. I sometimes derive joy not picking his calls but deep down, I love him dearly. It makes me more like a superlady. I don't expect him to feel bad tho, afterall, he always claims he loves me and he knows I love him too.

Long story short, after my exams, I noticed he started acting weird, those sweet things he always did seized to exist. I talked to him about it and what he said got me.

His story: I am seeing someone else and I'm taking him for granted. I only used my exams to cover up. As a matter of fact, I changed my relationship status from "In a relationship" to "Single". Moments later, I tagged someone on facebook and wrote these words, "We understand the same language which is love"

My story: I and some friends were celebrating an indoor birthday party. We were playing the truth or dare game. I was dared to change my relationship status and tag someone who is crushing on me on facebook.

Fortunately for me, a friend recorded some part of the game and I just had to show my man what is.

So if I hadn't talked to him, he would've kept mute and think I'm the cheat here. I'm not saying what I did is entirely right, but he judged too quickly.

Well, he is not the type that talks much. The fact that he was unable to trust me has really reduced the way I feel about him. Only God can help us now, we are still together but things are really weird between us.

If you think this isn't real or we're still immature lazy yoots, I'm 24 and he is 26. In few years, we Might tie the knot. But in the meantime, pray for us, trust is really important in every relationship.

Why did you do all the stuff you did? Are you the first to write exams? The best Freshman Medical student in UI, 2012 set or so was a PREGNANT lady.

Stop giving excuses for your selfish acts. You had to do all that for? You have a good man but pride and "superladiness" will make you push him away.

Be empathetic.

5 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by SoapQueen(f): 7:30am On Apr 29, 2018
CorGier:
I remember how I had to pick a fight with my uni-ex just so I could prep for my finals. It broke my heart having the poor thing blow up my phone, show up at my doorstep in tears asking WTF the problem was. Needless to say I aced my papers and I would tell myself there was no other way, but deep down somewhere I knew I derived this sick pleasure knowing I had her stressing and in need for a little piece of my attention.

It took me years down the line to realize that I never truly loved her. I used her, and I'm man enough to admit that.

Same thing you're doing to this guy. Sorry to say this but you don't love him like you think you do, you only love the feelings he brings. So even if down the line it doesn't work out between you two, it ain't gonna be because he's got trust issues - nah - it's gon be because you're just not capable of loving him back the way he feels he deserves.

Like me, we just love ourselves more. And that's fine.

..Let me continue picking bones with you, you don't love yourselves. It is called "Narcissistic Personality Disorder".

Stay informed.

1 Like

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 29, 2018
Still in school. They wont think of skills to learn and how to get jobs. Na relationship and marriage dey der head. Nonsense tins
Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by BooTina(f): 7:43am On Apr 29, 2018
SoapQueen:

Why did you do all the stuff you did? Are you the first to write exams? The best Freshman Medical student in UI, 2012 set or so was a PREGNANT lady.

Stop giving excuses for your selfish acts. You had to do all that for? You have a good man but pride and "superladiness" will make you push him away.

Be empathetic.

I guess that's my own bad habit, I really played hard to get when he was asking me out. I've never seen someone as patient as him but that pride in me sha, may God help me.

I've pleaded with him tho. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by lilmax(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2018
your maturity level is zero,you are still a small brained girl even if you are 24....

2 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by BooTina(f): 7:51am On Apr 29, 2018
Thank you all for the advice, I picked the serious ones and its helping

1 Like

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by SoapQueen(f): 7:53am On Apr 29, 2018
BooTina:

I guess that's my own bad habit, I really played hard to get when he was asking me out. I've never seen someone as patient as him but that pride in me sha, may God help me.

I respect you because you accepted your flaw. He is patient because he sees something beautiful in you, to him, you are worth it! Best believe that!

Go get yo man!

Try to work things out, your man is a keeper!

3 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 29, 2018
SoapQueen:

..Let me continue picking bones with you, you don't love yourselves. It is called "Narcissistic Personality Disorder".

Stay informed.

Haha, it's you again. Well easy now don't go psycho-assessing me over one post. I actually left that word out on purpose, smart arse.

1 Like

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by SoapQueen(f): 10:35am On Apr 29, 2018
CorGier:

Haha, it's you again. Well easy now don't go psycho-assessing me over one post. I actually left that word out on purpose, smart arse.

I know right.
Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by mgtow: 10:54am On Apr 29, 2018
The truth is that you're just another hoe waiting to happen. I pray he dumps you and quickly too.

Proud useless geh. angry

5 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Sirfeeking(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2018
BooTina:

You have a good man but many ladies prefer the bad guys,you've never seen someone as patient as him yet you are gambling with the relationship.Just be extremely careful because most people do not know the value of what they have until they lose it.

2 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
nuggarito:
Which sick person would tag her crush and put it on Fb while you are in a committed relationship, and your silly excuse is truth or dare. What kind of fuckery is that?

You don't love that dude, if you had you would have respected his feelings and avoid such things that would lead to this, you think you love someone until its time to make a sacrifice then you will know. I don't blame you, I blame the dude he loves someone who ain't really worth shit

Ladies and their chicken brain. Smh
if the guy is wise..now is the time for him to break up the relationship and walk away.

2 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Olifiz(m): 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
The worst game a lady can play on her man is to make him jealous intentionally, that will be the beginning of pangs n distress in that relationship.

As to ur issue. U caused whatever issues urself. So u prefer to win truth or dare to the detriment of ur relationship, u didn’t even change it even after the game. He called u just twice during ur exams n u didn’t pick but u can play truth or dare. Just put urself in he’s shoes n be real to your feelings. If u love him do wat u can to save ur relationship. Bless u

2 Likes

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Jaqenhghar: 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2018
BooTina:

You know its the little things that we overlook that ruins relationships. Somehow we are programmed to believe its the big things. All the best sha

1 Like

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by XhosaNostra(f): 6:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
BooTina:

Bolded part number one: You sound like a game player. I can't believe you're blaming him for something you started. You not answering his calls is a cause for distrust! Finish. Your BF is indeed patient. I wouldn't be surprised if he is slowly losing interest in you too, because of the mind games you're playing. He should!

Bolded part number two: Is he a mind reader? Did you tell him this, so he doesn't jump to conclusions as a result of #1?

Bolded part number three: You must be fucking kidding! It should be the other way around. You're the one playing games & this is making YOU lose interest in HIM? Something is honestly not right with you. He should dump you asap. You cannot communicate effectively, but when someone cannot "read between the lines", you take it as an offence. Trust doesn't come straight out of a tap. If you wanna be trusted, make sure that you don't send mixed signals or act like an entitled c*nt when someone doesn't have the psychic powers you expect them to have.

All this is coming from someone with severe trust issues & I'm telling you that your behavior is the problem. It sets off alarm bells. Very shady. Even if someone doesn't normally have trust issues, I'm sure they'd grow suspicious when dating someone who ignores calls, is bad at communication & is gambling with her relationship without even having the decency to inform the other party about what is actually going on, so they wouldn't get the wrong idea. You're behaving very juvenile for your age. It's all your fault!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by VenomousTruth: 6:25pm On Apr 29, 2018
BooTina:

bullshit.. Dump him of you don't love him then... So many girls out there oils keep him n respect him more than you ever dreamt of... You believe you'll find someone better? Then give it a worthless try!
Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by VenomousTruth: 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Bolded part number one: You sound like a game player. I can't believe you're blaming him for something you started. You not answering his calls is a cause for distrust! Finish. Your BF is indeed patient. I wouldn't be surprised if he is slowly losing interest in you too, because of the mind games you're playing. He should!

Bolded part number two: Is he a mind reader? Did you tell him this, so he doesn't jump to conclusions as a result of #1?

Bolded part number three: You must be fucking kidding! It should be the other way around. You're the one playing games & this is making YOU lose interest in HIM? Something is honestly not right with you. He should dump you asap. You cannot communicate effectively, but when someone cannot "read between the lines", you take it as an offence. Trust doesn't come straight out of a tap. If you wanna be trusted, make sure that you don't send mixed signals or act like an entitled c*nt when someone doesn't have the psychic powers you expect them to have.

All this is coming from someone with severe trust issues & I'm telling you that your behavior is the problem. It sets off alarm bells. Very shady. Even if someone doesn't normally have trust issues, I'm sure they'd grow suspicious when dating someone who ignores calls, is bad at communication & is gambling with her relationship without even having the decency to inform the other party about what is actually going on, so they wouldn't get the wrong idea. You're behaving very juvenile for your age. It's all your fault!
oh Xhosa!

Will you marry me?

1 Like

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Opentokwowledge: 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2018
XhosaNostra:

PREACH!

1 Like

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by XhosaNostra(f): 6:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
PREACH!

She'll be a dateless wonder, frequenting that shrine spinsters go to when desperately searching for a man, if she doesn't correct her ways as no self-respecting person would put up with this shìt tongue What's the name of the shrine, again? grin

I honestly despise game players, male or female. It makes my blood boil, because something tells me they think they're something special. Dumping them is the only befitting solution, just for control.

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Opentokwowledge: 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
XhosaNostra:

She'll be a dateless wonder, frequenting that shrine spinsters go to when desperately searching for a man, if she doesn't correct her ways tongue What's the name of the shrine, again? grin

I honestly despise game players, male or female. It makes my blood boil, because something tells me they think they're something special. Dumping them is the only befitting solution, just for control.[
I totally agree with you. Let's hope she repents before it's too late as you Christians would say.

1 Like

Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by XhosaNostra(f): 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
I totally agree with you. Let's hope she repents before it's too late as you Christians would say.

I don't believe in repentance, but I do believe in self-improvement. The catch is, you have to put ego aside to be able to see your own imperfections. The religious route is just crap imo. Shrugs.
Re: Having Trust Issues In Your Relationship Is Bad by Opentokwowledge: 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I don't believe in repentance, but I do believe in self-improvement. The catch is, you have to put ego aside to be able to see your own imperfections. The religious route is just crap imo. Shrugs.
Lol. Everything is context hon. Repentance as I have used it there is meant to imply exactly what you've painstakingly explained. . .

In other news, How far? Anything for your boy? tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Quit Relationships Once They Get S3X? / Please Why Are Fine Guys Hated Here In Nigeria? / Top Nigeria Celebrities Caught In A Strip Club In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.