Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient (20521 Views)

Arocs Truck Is Now Available In Nigeria (PHOTOS) / See How A Volvo Truck Is Controlled From Outside With An External Steering / What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by hezy4real01(m): 8:03am On Apr 29, 2018
Ford is a strong vehicle but their spare parts are not usually available, how I wish we can have back the good old days of Volkswagen pickups

1 Like

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by lamalang(m): 8:03am On Apr 29, 2018
Go for toyota hillux is strong and it has fuel economy compare to tacoma, tundra, f150, Titan n so on Most of the ones I mention have V8 engine. Since you are using it for business and personal use, you need to save some money from buying fuel
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by agarawu23(m): 8:05am On Apr 29, 2018
Ford F150
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by maxiuc(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2018
dumo1:

Question is will parts still be available for him when he needs to do major repairs?
why not The pick-up can use the same Engine and parts same as Peugeot 504 sedan

1 Like

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by clemz85(m): 8:17am On Apr 29, 2018
For power & speed quest - ford Ranger

For all purpose and to pull the entire Globe - hilux is 2nd to none

2 Likes

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by emekatimsu(m): 8:20am On Apr 29, 2018
Innoson truck are also very rugged. I will recommend it.

6 Likes

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by dbynonetwork: 8:21am On Apr 29, 2018
ironheart:
These will depend on where you live, availability of spares and mechanic. Toyota hilux manual transmission, 4x4 would be ok. If you haul almost everyday i will advice you get a Dyna for farm or market use.

Dyna ko Dyna ni!
Dyna is one of the most useless Toyota product.. It's not strong for hauling heavy goods... I once used a Dyna truck for hauling blocks and cements and cement, I regretted it..
Toyota would be good for hauling light goods while Benz is the best for hauling heavy goods..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by kingreign(m): 8:23am On Apr 29, 2018
dgitrader:
Hilux! Fuel economy, more tolerant to abuse and finally available parts
ON POINT!

1 Like

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by PrinceGallant: 8:24am On Apr 29, 2018
Go for the Nissan One, you will come to thank me later
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by vioment: 8:24am On Apr 29, 2018
RAM anyday. Pure machine.
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by Mutemenot(m): 8:24am On Apr 29, 2018
cricifixo:
Interesting, pls enlighten us on the L200 cos i see many orfanizations favour dis particular truck
Pls don't mention Mitsubishi L series . My neighbours own wants to kill before his time . Everyday mechanic .

2 Likes

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by Kingstel(m): 8:38am On Apr 29, 2018
I am seriously in search of used/abandoned pickup trucks in Abuja with flexible payment terms.

If you have/can, let's do business. tongue
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by Reference(m): 8:47am On Apr 29, 2018
If your purpose is commerce, the Hilux offers the best package. It is the most practical pickup out there.

2 Likes

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by airlord2020: 8:54am On Apr 29, 2018
Let me answer this with a small question. Which of the three trucks listed do you see in war front like Afghanistan, Libya etc?. Hope you can now pick one.! tongue

1 Like

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by ocelot2006(m): 8:56am On Apr 29, 2018
Well personally I've developed a healthy respect for the Toyota Hilux. I used the vehicle to navigate extremely harsh terrains in Taraba state and the vehicle did not fail one bit. No wonder the vehicle was the car of choice for US Special Forces ODA teams in Afghanistan.

I'm still drawn to the Ford Ranger though cos its aesthetically appealing to me.

2 Likes

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by ocelot2006(m): 8:57am On Apr 29, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Did you think about the availability of its spare parts and maintenance before saying this?

True. Although available I heard Ford Ranger parts are ridiculously expensive compared to Toyota parts.

2 Likes

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by kingreign(m): 9:07am On Apr 29, 2018
ocelot2006:
Well personally I've developed a healthy respect for the Toyota Hilux. I used the vehicle to navigate extremely harsh terrains in Taraba state and the vehicle did not fail one bit. No wonder the vehicle was the car of choice for US Special Forces ODA teams in Afghanistan.

I'm still drawn to the Ford Ranger though cos its aesthetically appealing to me.

They're also called militant vehicles. Cos they're very durable, rugged and almost maintenance free. They're also very good workhorses.

The Hilux has gained a reputation for exceptional sturdiness and reliability during sustained heavy use or even abuse.

Use by militant groups

Due to its durability and reliability, the Toyota Hilux, along with the larger Toyota Land Cruiser, has become popular among militant groups in war-torn regions as a "technical". According to terrorism analyst Andrew Exum, the Hilux is "the vehicular equivalent of the AK-47. It's ubiquitous to insurgent warfare."[50] U.S. counter-terror officials have inquired with Toyota how the Salafi jihadist extremist group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant has apparently acquired large numbers of Toyota Hiluxes and Land Cruisers. Mark Wallace, the CEO of the Counter Extremism Project said, "Regrettably, the Toyota Land Cruiser and Hilux have effectively become almost part of the ISIS brand."[51]

The 1980s Toyota War between Libya and Chad was so named because of the heavy use of Hilux trucks as "light cavalry" vehicles

Source: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Hilux">https://en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Hilux

2 Likes

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by whatofyou: 9:18am On Apr 29, 2018
dbynonetwork:

Dyna ko Dyna ni!
Dyna is one of the most useless Toyota product.. It's not strong for hauling heavy goods... I once used a Dyna truck for hauling blocks and cements and cement, I regretted it..
Toyota would be good for hauling light goods while Benz is the best for hauling heavy goods..

May be you were hauling a six ton payload on a two ton payload truck. If I may ask, what dyna model were you using?
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by fakati(m): 9:20am On Apr 29, 2018
Go for Toyota Dyna.
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by InvertedHammer: 9:30am On Apr 29, 2018
princevih:
I salute every 1 in d house. I am opening dis thread so dat detailed analysis and comparison will b done on d efficiency of this 3 pickuptrucks which are namely, Toyota hilux,tacoma and ford ranger. I will be using it 2 haul my goods(bags of rice,beans,g.oil e.t.c) and 4 my personal use, una know sey money plenty nw ;P and i dnt want 2 buy 2 vehicles so i opted 2 buy a pickup. And less i 4gt all are 2012 models, tnk u all as u share ur thoughts.
/
It depends on which part of the border you intend to operate.

\
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by williams85(m): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2018
toyota hilux is very strong and durable..
ford ranger is classy and strong, but. lack behind toyata on fuel economy..
i don’t know much about the other pick-up.
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by greggng: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2018
Toyota hilux has no rival . The only thing Is that is expensive. Very rugged and long lasting.If you can afford Tim let me know I can source for you
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by talk2emma: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2018
princevih:
I salute every 1 in d house. I am opening dis thread so dat detailed analysis and comparison will b done on d efficiency of this 3 pickuptrucks which are namely, Toyota hilux,tacoma and ford ranger. I will be using it 2 haul my goods(bags of rice,beans,g.oil e.t.c) and 4 my personal use, una know sey money plenty nw ;P and i dnt want 2 buy 2 vehicles so i opted 2 buy a pickup. And less i 4gt all are 2012 models, tnk u all as u share ur thoughts.

Tundra all the way..

This one is for sale if you are interested pm

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by robinsonmfon(m): 9:56am On Apr 29, 2018
Oga go for Ford f150
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by Equiano: 10:00am On Apr 29, 2018
Toyota Hilux. Manual gear with an Auxiliary gear doesn't disappoint in slippery terrains even with full loads in the truck
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by DoblyYou(m): 10:03am On Apr 29, 2018
I'm learning from this thread. I've always wanted my first vehicle to be a truck. I'm looking for something that is aesthetically appealing, had fuel economy and is durable. Also, isn't it possible to love-vendor a hilux to make it look more appealing?
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by olugabbie(m): 10:03am On Apr 29, 2018
Hilux

The vehicle is very rugged. You can ask ISIL,Boko Haram,Taliban,Al-Shabab,other militant group and Nigeria Military about it.

princevih:
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by Siberia01(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2018
Get a peugeot 404 grin
Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2018
ocelot2006:

True. Although available I heard Ford Ranger parts are ridiculously expensive compared to Toyota parts.
Ford motors spare parts are damn expensive to talk more of Ford Ranger that's a newer model, na suicide mission

2 Likes

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by ironheart(m): 10:25am On Apr 29, 2018
dbynonetwork:

Dyna ko Dyna ni!
hahahaha a typical Nigerian way of life. Every truck has certain amount of weight it is designed to haul sir. The chassis design are not meant for overload beside the initial post is meant to move food stuff which are not as heavy as your cement or blocks. Next time do the maths before you use any vehicle.

Dont forget, diesel vehicle are good for heavy loads because of the high torque at low RPM. The foul economy too load pull is better than a petrol car

2 Likes

Re: Which Pickup Truck Is D Most Efficient by Tenshades(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2018
Ford ranger is dope. Dont mind the fuel consumption compared to hilux. when it comes to handling(steering grip), balance, ruggedness, outlook and comfort, hilux will line up at ranger's back. Make your researches well.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue / Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.