Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? (9753 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / As Christians, How Can We Overcome Sin? / Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by prettytasha(f): 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
ollah2:

You guys should shut up and quit whinning like a baby. Where were you when Muslim threads get derailed and trolled every freaking time?
wellI guess you are a Muslim so can you shut up as well
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by prettytasha(f): 1:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
Seun and lalasticala , shame on you a million times , you are just so biased
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by aribisala0(m): 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
ollah2:

You guys should shut up and quit whinning like a baby. Where were you when Muslim threads get derailed and trolled every freaking time?
No one will shut up

Seun is on Notice

He is in violation of the 2010 UK Equality Act and similar legislation is similar jurisdictions.
I sincerely hope he will not have to pay avoidable penalties and seek counsel on this matter.
The responsibility is to treeat everyone EQUALLY.

Muslims are not a minority group in Nigeria that require special protection or "adjustments" as defined for "protected groups"

Enough really is enough
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Omooba77: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
Iamzik:

Most sensible comment I've read so far.

I raised this issue with seun several times but all he has shown is indifference.

You don't get to see any derogatory topic about Islam on from page on Fridays. All Islamic post promote Islam and you can't even comment without reciting the Islamic creed!

But on Sunday's you see all manner of vindictive threads to ridicule Christianity. I'm almost sure that the poster of this topic is not even a Christian. Yet our Christian brothers jump into the thread and start bashing one another. Don't fall for their tricks.

If the poster has an experience why was it not shared in the thread? Vindictiveness is not the prerogative of any religion but a personal trait.

A Muslims, Christian or traditional worshiper can choose to be vindictive.

If we create another thread to ask

"Why are we so vindictive as Muslims? " I hope it will make front page and not force people to swear allegiance to Islam before commenting... Who are the we that the op is referring to? How many of you and why cant you share the particular experience you had.

Why generalizing your experience to all Christians?

@Mods modify this topic immediately as this is a direct attack on our faith. Unless you are saying categorically that nairaland is anti Christian

Omooba77 this post of yours is not reasonable and I doubt If you are a Christian

Thanks sir, but iron sharpneth iron...The weak should help the strong.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Omooba77: 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2018
ObongawanAKS:

Forget those people bro, the fact remains that the dominion of light over darkness is forever instant, and constant. So their struggle continues, but the victory certainly is for genuine Christians.

Darkness can never overcome Light.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Omooba77: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2018
Koph:
Every Sunday NL pushes topic that are targeted at ridiculing Christian practises to front page and everyone jumps in to make all manner of comments. However on Fridays, the topics pushed to the FrontPage for Muslims promotes and propagates the faith, you can not even comment without swearing to an oath of allegiance to the Faith. Are NL moderators on a mission against the Christian Faith?
Let every True Child of God reflect on this before promoting or commenting on post such as this lest you join the enemies to pull down the church, yes the Church has its challenges but that is why Christian need to walk with the Lord to be conformed to his image

Sir your conclusion may be very wrong sir. Please read Matthew 23 sir.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Omooba77: 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2018
zlantanfan:
You are from the piss religion, been vindictive is a human perspective, if any religion directly preaches been vindictive it is the terrorist religion.
Christianity is clear and direct on grace and how Christian must treat even their enemies

We are called by Jesus to be different.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Omooba77: 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
zlantanfan:
Why are Christians not speaking up against this loopsidedness in the religious segment, this topic is a direct arrangement from a non Christian, while they place an oat to be sworn to a blood thirsty pig before commenting on a segment they allow free entrance to Christian space.

For equity we must get our oat

That is part of what we are saying sir; leave Muslims to their own section and let them freely comment on Christian section. Many Mosques near me quotes Bible passages almost every morning; will that make me go Church and quote Quran? Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by zlantanfan: 1:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
Omooba77:

That is part of what we are saying sir; leave Muslims to their own section and let them freely comment on Christian section. Many Mosques near me quotes Bible passages almost every morning; will that make me go Church and quote Quran? Wisdom is profitable to direct.
that religion is really a cancer that strives under total submission of their slaves whereas Christianity gives full room to search out your truth and be whatever you wish
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by naijacentric(m): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
Emycord:
THE better truth is i know your types. i have just a word for you "the gates of hell shall not prevail"
ur words just exposed u am sorry for u fake christian
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Omooba77: 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
Just like my Father in the Lord always say; this is purely family affairs...Iam addressing my fellow Christians and heaven focused.
No one should take offense 1 Corinthias 6:6
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Hardrive(m): 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
I just had to come back to do this. The same personality traits that allows you to be spiritual is the same one that allows you to also be vindictive. And it applies to anyone anywhere in the world who has such characteristics. Majority are realists(perfectionist) who are mostly vengeful. I will try to create a thread on this in future
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by ollah2: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2018
aribisala0:

No one will shut up

Seun is on Notice

He is in violation of the 2010 UK Equality Act and similar legislation is similar jurisdictions.
I sincerely hope he will not have to pay avoidable penalties and seek counsel on this matter.
The responsibility is to treeat everyone EQUALLY.

Muslims are not a minority group in Nigeria that require special protection or "adjustments" as defined for "protected groups"

Enough really is enough

Shut up already!
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by ollah2: 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
zlantanfan:
that religion is really a cancer that strives under total submission of their slaves whereas Christianity gives full room to search out your truth and be whatever you wish

Only a fellow practising a cancerous religion identifies another one
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by writeprof(m): 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ishilove:
Vindictiveness is not a Christian thing. It's a trait that does not recognise religion, gender, ethnicity or race. Rather, it is part and parcel of human nature

Very apt! It's ignorance that makes people to attach human traits to people based on religion et al. Every human is vindictive, evil, selfish and wicked. The positive changes or traits shown by some people are results of conscious attempts to allow the precepts of one's religion to affect one's life.
There are vindictive Muslims, Hindus, Ogun or Sango worshippers. Religion will only change a man to the extent the man wants to be changed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Ishilove: 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
writeprof:

Very apt! It's ignorance that makes people to attach human traits to people based on religion et al. Every human is vindictive, evil, selfish and wicked. The positive changes or traits shown by some people are results of conscious attempts to allow the precepts of one's religion to affect one's life.
There are vindictive Muslims, Hindus, Ogun or Sango worshippers. Religion will only change a man to the extent the man wants to be changed.
You are wise

1 Like

Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by writeprof(m): 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ishilove:
You are wise
Thank you for the compliment!
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Born2Freak(f): 11:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ishilove:
Vindictiveness is not a Christian thing. It's a trait that does not recognise religion, gender, ethnicity or race. Rather, it is part and parcel of human nature

You are right but your intentions are wrong. While it is true that vindictiveness is not necessarily a christian trait, there is a special hypocrisy to the typical Nigerian christians when it comes to vindictiveness.

You see, you belong to that section of Nigerian christians that hurl abuses and curses to those you see as enemies and unbelievers. It is of no surprise that you are here in denial.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Omooba77: 1:14am On Apr 30, 2018
Ishilove:

You are wise

That is it, but we Christians are supposed to have love and other fruits of the Spirit.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Omooba77:

That is it, but we Christians are supposed to have love and other fruits of the Spirit.
There's no part of the fruitage of the Holy Spirit that's missing amongst TRUE CHRISTIANS but true Christianity isn't so easy to practice because it's totally another kind of living in a new personality not the one that's common in the people of the world. So amongst true Christians all the qualities of the Holy Spirit is evident. Galatians 5:22/23 compare to John 13:35

1 Like

Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by writeprof(m): 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
Riofidelio:
There's no part of the fruitage of the Holy Spirit that's missing amongst TRUE CHRISTIANS but true Christianity isn't so easy to practice because it's totally another kind of living in a new personality not the one that's common in the people of the world. So amongst true Christians all the qualities of the Holy Spirit is evident. Galatians 5:22/23 compare to John 13:35

You're right. But you see that the church has relegated the HOLY SPIRIT in the practise of Christianity. HOW? Hardly do you hear congregants being told to cultivate a relationship with Holy Spirit who is the CEO of God's will on earth. Even Jesus told the disciples/us that empowerment of the Holy Spirit is the foundatio for Christian fruitfulness. We must bring the HOLY SPIRIT back to our church's doctrines and preachings if we want as many people as we have churches to fear God.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
writeprof:

You're right. But you see that the church has relegated the HOLY SPIRIT in the practise of Christianity. HOW? Hardly do you hear congregants being told to cultivate a relationship with Holy Spirit who is the CEO of God's will on earth. Even Jesus told the disciples/us that empowerment of the Holy Spirit is the foundatio for Christian fruitfulness. We must bring the HOLY SPIRIT back to our church's doctrines and preachings if we want as many people as we have churches to fear God.
Well the Holy Spirit has been with true Christians from the day Jesus went back to heaven till today because Jesus promised that He'll be with US till the end. The presence of the Holy Spirit was felt on the day of Pentecost but up till now it has not depart from our planet! There's true Christianity today and it has been separated from fake Christians so i'll urge you to search for them because they're living in your neighborhood and the Holy Spirit is operating 100% in their midst, though they're imperfect humans but as a group the Holy Spirit is felt in their worship. God bless you
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Aaronsrod: 4:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
Riofidelio:
Correct! That's why Christians are admonished to put on the new personality(Ephesians 4:23/24) that's created in God's image because sin has made most humans fall short of God's glory(meaning we're too far from HIS holiness).Romans 6:23

In Africa our sin is in our skin. We must be washed white in the Blood of Jesus. This is our new personality and our only true freedom.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by writeprof(m): 4:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
Riofidelio:
Well the Holy Spirit has been with true Christians from the day Jesus went back to heaven till today because Jesus promised that He'll be with US till the end. The presence of the Holy Spirit was felt on the day of Pentecost but up till now it has not depart from our planet! There's true Christianity today and it has been separated from fake Christians so i'll urge you to search for them because they're living in your neighborhood and the Holy Spirit is operating 100% in their midst, though they're imperfect humans but as a group the Holy Spirit is felt in their worship. God bless you

Of course, I know the Holy Spirit is still very much around as I am an evidence and I have people who allows Him to operate through them with & around me.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Anas09: 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ishilove:
You try get time answer am. He said it as tho Jesus taught Christians to be vindictive.

If Christians are vindictive, he won't have the peace he has right now to type this.

Christians are being killed everyday by the muslims for yrs now, yet Muslims are still living in front of our gates, yet Christians are vindictive.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Anas09: 4:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
Omooba77:
Why is it so difficult for so many of us as Christians to let off simple matters; but rather wants to take our pounds of flesh. Some even go to the extent of wishing ill-luck or death for 'offender'.
Please why are we so Vindictive as Christians?
I believe you don't know what vindictiveness means. How can you say we are vindictive when we have not raised our hands to avenge what is being done to us in this Country?

How dishonest can you be?
If we are vindictive, Nigeria for don dey burn by now.you for don run dey fine where you go hide, and you no go see airtime buy to post this here.

Shey no see hpw Muslims dey kill Christians everyday, yet no Christian don retaliate? SMH for your dishonesty.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by HeyCorleone(m): 10:44am On May 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
Who cares about what irks you...is it by force to argue?

I'm not asking you to care.

I'm just telling you what a useless piece of sh!t you are.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by HeyCorleone(m): 10:47am On May 01, 2018
ObongawanAKS:

...''there's nothing wrong in arguing about Christian practises; they gain more understanding through the arguments and become wiser.'' Yea right, bravo! You can talk as you like becaus it's what Seun and Co want to see, so go on and entertain them. But you know what? It is only in Christianity that you can do as you like, because He doesn't want any to perish. Other faiths won't spare your unruly shenanigans, so come to Him just as you are, He'll not cast you out.

Doesn't that make it obvious to you then that Christianity is a true religion? A religion built on maturity.

All these other religions are so insecure, because they teach rubbish. That's why their members are so Quick to slit your throat..

1 Like

Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by HeyCorleone(m): 10:50am On May 01, 2018
Emycord:
Arguement Leads No Where Discussions Do. You Want To ridicule The Church Why Not Allow Arguement In Your Own Mosque. Leave Church Alone

Check the history of the Church. Arguments made everything in Christianity a reality that it is today. Arguments made the books of the Bible 67, arguments made some celebrations compulsory, arguments on the true nature of Christ, arguments on the origin of God etc.

These arguments have seriously propelled Christianity forward.

Do a little reading asides your Bible. Develop your brain.
Re: Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? by Mariangeles(f): 11:33am On May 01, 2018
HeyCorleone:

I'm not asking you to care.

I'm just telling you what a useless piece of sh!t you are.
grin grin grin
Careful dude or else you might bite yourself and choke on your own venom grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. / Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? / Secret Exposed! Why Do Christ Embassy Pastors Perm Their Hair,like Pastor Chris!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.