Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Should I Make This My Business - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Make This My Business (1807 Views)

Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 29, 2018
Good day nairalanders,
Just want to have your opinion on this issue bothering me right now.
I grew up around that superstitious belief that when a female falls on the ground from her mother's back,7 husbands will die before she finally settles down...
A next flat neighbour of mine travelled last week leaving his wife and 5month old baby at home..
On Saturday while putting her washed clothes on the line,the little girl fell from her back.She quickly picked her up,looked around and thinking no one was watching went inside with the remaining wet clothes.
The baby won't stop crying since then.
The husband being my football gist mate came back and told me his little girl wont stop crying since he came back,that he thinks she's kinda sick.. Obviously the wife didn't say anything about what happened..
My question is
1. Is that belief just a superstition or its real?
2. Is it ok she didn't tell the husband?
3. Should I make this my business as we are talking about an innocent little girl's destiny and the men that will seek her hand in marriage in future dying mysteriously..
Pls I need sincere reponses...
That baby's cry throughout each night rings in my ear as a next flat neighbour that I am.
Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 29, 2018
cutefergiee:
My question is
1. Is that belief just a superstition or its real?
2. Is it ok she didn't tell the husband?
3. Should I make this my business as we are talking about an innocent little girl's destiny and the men that will seek her hand in marriage in future dying mysteriously..
Pls I need sincere reponses...
That baby's cry throughout each night rings in my ear as a next flat neighbour that I am.
it is PURE superstition! It is only trying to say mothers should be careful with handling their babies.
You should more concern about the child's well-being, she might be having internal wound or even fracture. A 5 months old can only explain pains with incessant cries.
You don't need to aggravate the situation by telling the hubby, let the mother know what you saw and ask that she takes her baby to a pediatrician to be sure the baby is fine. smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Skyfornia(m): 11:33am On Apr 29, 2018
Bros how could you believe such thing?... you must be a lazy nigerian youth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by ikbnice(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2018
It is pure superstitious belief aimed at making mothers more careful in handling their babies as a fall from the back can result in fatal injuries to the baby. What you can do is offer an advice that the child should be taken to the hospital for a doctor to run a check on her. The child might have been injured from the fall. That's why this kind of superstition is necessary. Many mothers, especially young mothers, are utterly careless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 29, 2018
yettymuse:
it is PURE superstition! It is only trying to say mothers should be careful with handling their babies.
You should more concern about the child's well-being, she might be having internal wound or even fracture. A 5 months old can only explain pains with incessant cries.
You don't need to aggravate the situation by telling the hubby, let the mother know what you saw and ask that she takes her baby to a pediatrician to be sure the baby is fine. smiley
Thanks boss..
Re: Should I Make This My Business by StPete: 11:37am On Apr 29, 2018
Not every cultural belief is superstitious but these days, people jump on modernity to write off beliefs. I think it’ll be in the best interest of the girl’s future for you to discuss this with her father. If he feels it’s nothing, then know you’ve done your part. But pls do not disregard it as nothing. It may turn out to be true or not but it’s best to sort any issues if any before it’s too late

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 29, 2018
Skyfornia:
Bros how could you believe such thing?... you must be a lazy nigerian youth.
No mind me boss... Over lazy dey wori me.. Dis little tins Wey den don fill person head from small...
Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 29, 2018
StPete:
Not every cultural belief is superstitious but these days, people jump on modernity to write off beliefs. I think it’ll be in the best interest of the girl’s future for you to discuss this with her father. If he feels it’s nothing, then know you’ve done your part. But pls do not disregard it as nothing
Thanks but how do I put the issue on the table without bin a gossip.. Any idea boss?
Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 29, 2018
yettymuse:
Aiit. Thank goodness u r a woman.. How do I discuss the issue wt her Wtout makin her feel ama say it to her husband.. How do I gain her trust dat it wee b jus Btwn us
Re: Should I Make This My Business by sisisioge: 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
Wow! 5 months is too fragile to be falling. They need to see a doctor.

BTW, forget superstition, all is well in eden.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
sisisioge:
Wow! 5 months is too fragile to be falling. They need to see a doctor.

BTW, forget superstition, all is well in eden.
Thanks but which of them shld I discuss my observation with... To avoid story that touches
Re: Should I Make This My Business by LewsTherin: 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
cutefergiee:

Thanks but how do I put the issue on the table without bin a gossip.. Any idea boss?

It's simple.
The kid won't stop crying, guy tell your wife to take her to see a pediatrician. Simple.

That way, a doctor can check on the child and the wife can admit to the doctor that the kid fell without having to say she fell off her back or the husband hearing that the kid fell at all.

7 husbands. Rubbish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by sisisioge: 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
cutefergiee:

Thanks but which of them shld I discuss my observation with... To avoid story that touches

Truthfully, the husband. Don't tell him details of the fall but mention that you saw her fall. Geskia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
LewsTherin:

It's simple.
The kid won't stop crying, guy tell your wife to take her to see a pediatrician. Simple.

That way, a doctor can check on the child and the wife can admit to the doctor that the kid fell without having to say she fell off her back or the husband hearing that the kid fell at all.

7 husbands. Rubbish.
His wife not mine...
Rubbish too vulgar tho.. Take it easy boss.. We can Mk sense Wtout such words.. Thanks tho
Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
sisisioge:

Truthfully, the husband. Don't tell him details of the fall but mention that you saw her fall. Geskia.
Noted
Re: Should I Make This My Business by LewsTherin: 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
cutefergiee:

His wife not mine...
Rubbish too vulgar tho.. Take it easy boss.. We can Mk sense Wtout such words.. Thanks tho

I meant to write that as what you should tell your guy. Sorry if it came out a different way.

The rubbish was not at you but at the superstition. Sorry if it came out a different way.

I no vex for you. Abeg no vex for me too oh. Twale boss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
LewsTherin:

I meant to write that as what you should tell your guy. Sorry if it came out a different way.

The rubbish was not at you but at the superstition. Sorry if it came out a different way.

I no vex for you. Abeg no vex for me too oh. Twale boss.
Aiit boss. Thanks for taking that lightly..
Shows some sensible peeps still on dis forum.. Was expecting the usual naira land clapback..
No wahala boss.. Ur boy over loyal sef.. At ur command sire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by LewsTherin: 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2018
sisisioge:

Could make the husband ask the wife why she didn't mention the fact that the kid fell all this while. It doesn't seem like she told her husband that the kid did.

If the husband goes to the doctor with the wife she may not give the doctor enough details for proper diagnosis.
Re: Should I Make This My Business by LewsTherin: 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
cutefergiee:

Aiit boss. Thanks for taking that lightly..
Shows some sensible peeps still on dis forum.. Was expecting the usual naira land clapback..
No wahala boss.. Ur boy over loyal sef.. At ur command sire

Like my guy says, "sorry no dey cause fight"

It is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by sisisioge: 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2018
LewsTherin:

Could make the husband ask the wife why she didn't mention the fact that the kid fell all this while. It doesn't seem like she told her husband that the kid did.

If the husband goes to the doctor with the wife she may not give the doctor enough details for proper diagnosis.

The elders would say " the talk we said baba should not ear, na baba go settle am". Imagine the huge issue that would ensue if there's been any form of damage to the baby. This isn't about pointing fingers, it is about making sure the baby is OK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by LewsTherin: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
sisisioge:

The elders would say " the talk we said baba should not ear, na baba go settle am". Imagine the huge issue that would ensue if there's been any form of damage to the baby. This isn't about pointing fingers, it is about making sure the baby is OK.

Very true. That's why she should get the kid to a pediatrician. If there's no biggie, then nothing lost. If there is a biggie, then the elders must hear this .

But in the event there is no big deal, the kid could just be colicky after all, why turn a mole hill into a mountain?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by sisisioge: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2018
LewsTherin:

Very true. That's why she should get the kid to a pediatrician. If there's no biggie, then nothing lost. If there is a biggie, then the elders must hear this .

But in the event there is no big deal, the kid could just be colicky after all, why turn a mole hill into a mountain?

I agree then...whether daddy or mommy o, baby should be seen by a professional.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
cutefergiee:

Aiit. Thank goodness u r a woman.. How do I discuss the issue wt her Wtout makin her feel ama say it to her husband.. How do I gain her trust dat it wee b jus Btwn us
in this case, you shouldn't care about her feelings. We are concerned about the little baby

"mama princess, I say your baby fall the other day and I have noticed her uncontrollable cries through the nights, can you take the child to the hospital to be sure she is safe"!!!

After the talk, go and drink Heineken to clear your conscience.

How she decides to feel about it no concern you again!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
sisisioge:

Dats also true... The well being of d baby physically and if true( spiritually) is wat shld B paramount now

1 Like

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
LewsTherin:

The elders like dose of 1913?? grin

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
yettymuse:
in this case, you shouldn't care about her feelings. We are concerned about the little baby

"mama princess, I say your baby fall the other day and I have noticed her uncontrollable cries through the nights, can you take the child to the hospital to be sure she is safe"!!!

After the talk, go and drink Heineken to clear your conscience.

How she decides to feel about it no concern you again!
Thanks .. Once I dey go. I go call u.. Mk u com tk one bottle of dt cold tin... Ur pwiti head Dey dia
Re: Should I Make This My Business by LewsTherin: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
cutefergiee:

The elders like dose of 1913?? grin

Or these ones. After all, strong jaz is needed to clear the curse grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
LewsTherin:

Or these ones. After all, strong jaz is needed to clear the curse grin
Dis ur own Na d senior colleague ooooo.. Na d real ELDERS b dis....
Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
StPete:
Not every cultural belief is superstitious but these days, people jump on modernity to write off beliefs. I think it’ll be in the best interest of the girl’s future for you to discuss this with her father. If he feels it’s nothing, then know you’ve done your part. But pls do not disregard it as nothing. It may turn out to be true or not but it’s best to sort any issues if any before it’s too late
Shaun sir.. Ur head Dey there

Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 30, 2018
Aiit famz.. Pray for the liver to get dis done
Re: Should I Make This My Business by LewsTherin: 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
cutefergiee:
Aiit famz.. Pray for the liver to get dis done

Dude, waddup? How did this go? Or did the liver fail? cool
Re: Should I Make This My Business by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
What’s the biggie in telling the man? Nigerians sef, something of great importance una nor go speak out, if na irrelevant gossip una go quick talk.

(1) (Reply)

Cry For HELP / I Am So Depressed Please Help Me....... / Newspaper Publication: Change Of Name N4000 Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.