Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo (67386 Views)

Police Discover 350 AK-47 In A Poultry Farm In Niger State / Police Discover Bomb Factory In Ebonyi (photos) / Man Trying To Steal Panties From A FUTA Student's Apartment, Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Hidentity(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2018
diasporaman:
A huge sum of money was discovered in the apartment of a Nigerian student by the Metropolitan police. According to reports the bailiff accompanied by the police stormed the apartment of the Nigerian to serve him paper only to discover a huge cache of $8.5million.

The guy who owns the apartment is from the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria. In the video he made a call to somebody where he said  "mi o ti wole" which means " I'm in a mess"

Below is what a Nigerian wrote in regard to the discovery

"Unbelievable! The Bailiffs in London stormed a Nigerian house which owes some money only to discover $8.5 million stacked away in a cabinet. Legally speaking, can Nigerian government claim this huge money Can you imagine what these Nigerian political animals are doing to our country? May God have mercy on us."

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIBOfk_XMVE
"The guy who owns the apartment is from Yoruba tribe of Nigeria."

What exactly is your point with that patently tribal and shallow remark? Is crime inbuilt in any tribe? I wonder why silly posts like yours are made to grace front page. Your supposed interpretation is itself a failed attempt.

https://diasporareporters.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=10783&action=edit
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by DrMuzungu(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2018
In this case, there is no need to involve NCAN. The second paragraph gives all the information we need at this point. Further investigation will reveal more details.

1 Like

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by erico2k2(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2018
joudini:
Someone snitched.

The claim of the MetPol of accidentally discovering the money when they went to serve papers is akin to the US police stopping your car after they had broken your tail light.

This is false flag. Someone dropped the ball.
Cool down Oga the high court bailiffs found it and called the police. The money later turned out to be fake . I watched it back then on BBC 1.if U git bbciplayer it's there still

1 Like

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by madenigga(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2018
Dats an old news from as far back as 2014
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by erico2k2(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2018
Abdulkareem407:
Ok thanks

thunder fire the bloqqer grin
some bloggers shaaa a a anything to drive traffic
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Kaxmytex(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2018
mi ti e mo, mi o ti wole translation is "i dont know, i haven't gotten inside"

Fake bill everywhere..
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by hushpapi(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2018
this is why they keep getting mad at buhari cause all their plans are ruined. Before the poor people of Nigerians are the one known as theives while the rich are the saint. The poor go to prison for stealing food by the rich stay home and enjoy the food factory they stole.

Now it has changed in this region, the rich are the thieves with is obvious and glaring for Nigerians to know. They so hate buhari for doing this to them. They use media and herdsmen to destroy his name but the truth still stand.

They said he failed and I wonder which area or sector is he gonna start developing this country that is corruption free? Name just one.

1 Like

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 30, 2018
hisgrace090:
This is why they say we're fantastically currupt.

A student in possession of 8.5million dollars, how come?

Another whistle blower don hammer like that.

Anybody hidding Nigerian money must watch his back no matter where you run to.
the 8.5 million is for school fees, accommodation, text books, practicals, handouts, feeding, wardrobe allowance, and miscellaneous
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by kmaster007: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2018
whistleblower I sight una
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by SalamRushdie: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2018
Okoroawusa:

and somebody said I should not support Buhari

Its no longer business as usual

Whatvhas Buhari got to do with that
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by dvkot(m): 9:59am On Apr 30, 2018
No matter what you do, let your agreement be ur agreement no more no less... he prolly cut someone of a deal and the nicca snitched on him
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by joudini(m): 9:59am On Apr 30, 2018
erico2k2:

Cool down Oga the high court bailiffs found it and called the police. The money later turned out to be fake . I watched it back then on BBC 1.if U git bbciplayer it's there still

The bolded is tangential to the article.
According to reports the bailiff accompanied by the police stormed the apartment of the Nigerian to serve him paper only to discover a huge cache of $8.5million.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Rubyventures: 10:00am On Apr 30, 2018
abbeyty:
Fake money

I thought I was the only one who gathered this from the video from the paper the bailiff read out its fake money.

1 Like

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by koning: 10:02am On Apr 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

"mi o ti wole" loosely means "I am not in yet"

"Unbelievable!
$8.5 million not in an akant
but stashed inside house cupboard or safe
yet still stingy and greedy enough
not to pay bills causing bailiffs to come barge in.
Must have been ignoring several debt collection notice letters

Nnaa Mehn! some of this Ndi ofe people are down right stup.id. How can you stash such huge amount in an apartment with unpaid debts?.
Anyway, if stolen Nigerian money, it should be returned asap.

Dumb criminals don't even know what to do with the money.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by rozayx5(m): 10:03am On Apr 30, 2018
small money

my sisters hausa colleague in the Richmond university then

rented a lambo for 4 years at 1000 pounds a day

nothing new

2 Likes

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Rubyventures: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2018
Lazy bloggers recycling other peoples stories shocked embarassed
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by GOFRONT(m): 10:11am On Apr 30, 2018
That's Corruption fighting back bro....

They have sooo much stolen Money to the extent that whatever tactics or techniques you try to apply in tackling their god of corruption, they can easily Counter-attack your techniques....

Hence the Calamities in the land
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by michoim(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2018
If it is EFCC some people will say the FG planted the money there
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Bossman(m): 10:20am On Apr 30, 2018
This was discovered to be fake currency. I saw the series via Netflix about a year ago or so.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:30am On Apr 30, 2018
He must have called the real owner of the money 'which must be one nigerian politician' to tell him yawa don gass be that
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 30, 2018
I guess there's a reason why diasporaman included the phrase that he's from the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by fortune1968: 10:34am On Apr 30, 2018
Xander85:

He either stole it from his politician dad (who may not even know the money is missing), or he may be helping his dad launder it....maybe they plan to buy a property in London.
Ah ! What property are they buying up and down ? How many rooms can a man live at once ? Will they bury them with the houses ?
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2018
roqrules04:
A snitch at work.
Remember: snitches deserves stitches

angry
Word!

1 Like

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 30, 2018
Pavore9:
Nice one. Was snitched.

Definitely a snitch did this angry
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by NairaMaster1(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2018
No name? The owner must be in the ruling camp if not you will hear:

Jonathan aid grand son friend friend caught with $8B in $456B worth mansion in London.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2018
Bloggers e no go better for una .
He said mi o ti wole and it’s even subtitled “I didn’t get inside yet” but you decided to give your own meaning “I’m in a mess”
Really bruh?? angry
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

"mi o ti wole" loosely means "I am not in yet"

"Unbelievable!
$8.5 million not in an akant
but stashed inside house cupboard or safe
yet still stingy and greedy enough
not to pay bills causing bailiffs to come barge in.
Must have been ignoring several debt collection notice letters

It doesn't make sense for him to owe while having such huge sum, which means the MONEY doesn't belong to him.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 30, 2018
Xander85:

He either stole it from his politician dad (who may not even know the money is missing), or he may be helping his dad launder it....maybe they plan to buy a property in London.

Definately Laundering.

1 Like

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:01am On Apr 30, 2018
Interesting... Does it look like some guys somewhere use him for money laundry?

Please check my signature below and contact us.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by HoodBillionaire: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2018
when u got such huge stash
why not stay in the slums and live like a king
these niggis neva listen.
nw uk go use dah money develop dia country
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2018
They claimed Nigerian youths are lazy and the politicians keep smuggling our oil money to foreign lands. I am sure that the British government will confiscate these monies
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Eggcelent(m): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2018
A television crew filming a documentary about bailiffs stumbled across more than £5 million stashed in a flat.

The cash, in US dollars, was found in a wooden box in the apartment.

The crew, believed to be filming a programme for a Channel 5 series, had followed the bailiffs to the property in East London where they were executing a warrant to recover money in a separate issue.

Police were called and seized the cash, amounting to $8.5million dollars (£5.1million), which has been sent for authentication.

The flat is located near the Docklands financial district and London City Airport.

Bailiffs discover $5.1 million
Bailiffs carrying out a search were shocked to discover $5.1 million in dollars in a residential flat(Image: SWNS)

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called at approximately 1025hrs on Wednesday, 11 June to an address in Wards Wharf Apartments, E16 after a large quantity of cash was found by bailiffs who were executing a warrant there.”

A 29-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of money laundering and has been released on bail to a date in mid-August.

Police confirmed there was no terrorism connection.

The scale of money laundering was revealed last month after a gang of 32 men who ‘cleansed’ more than £180 million for drug traffickers were jailed for a total of 140 years.

The huge scam saw a staggering £44 million deposited into a single bank in Small Heath, Birmingham.

But the racket was smashed by National Crime Agency officers, who filmed bags of cash being exchanged in the city.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pictured-5-million-cash-found-3683883.amp

*INCIDENT HAPPENED IN 2014 & NOTES WERE DISCOVERED TO BE FAKE, PLEASE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man's Penis Bitten Off For Stealing In Bakassi Peninsula (Graphic) / Two Men Kneel Down To Thank God After Their Release From Prison In Onitsha / Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.