Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo (67384 Views)

Police Discover 350 AK-47 In A Poultry Farm In Niger State / Police Discover Bomb Factory In Ebonyi (photos) / Man Trying To Steal Panties From A FUTA Student's Apartment, Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by wonlasewonimi: 11:14am On Apr 30, 2018
dvkot:
No matter what you do, let your agreement be ur agreement no more no less... he prolly cut someone of a deal and the nicca snitched on him

Please stop these assumptions. I watch this programme once in a while. It is called 'can't pay we take it away'. It is about court enforcement officers chasing those who owe rent, parking charges or other defaults. They are given the licence to break into properties to recover funds owed. In this case, they just hit the jackpot. There is nothing like snitches here.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Bossman(m): 11:19am On Apr 30, 2018
Fellows - Please take some time to read. This was discovered to be fake currency. I have already posted this above. As mentioned, this is a documentary. I watched it on Netflix. At the end of each episode they summarize how each of the segments in that episode concluded. It was mentioned that it was FAKE CURRENCY!

The question is - How did he get a hold of so much FAKE CURRENCY. I am sure when the authorities threaten him, he will be forced to speak up.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by GrammarCheck: 11:21am On Apr 30, 2018
Na wa ooo!

But wait... Didn't the police have a warrant to search the apartment? I thought they only went there to serve him papers, why raid?

Is his father Tinubu. Because I am not understanding how a student has this much cash ... In CASH. How did he withdraw it? I suspect it is drug money or fake money
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by iamtardey: 11:31am On Apr 30, 2018
hoooly sh*t shocked
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by HomeOfMe(f): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2018
If he opens his mouth,it will def implicate powerful politicians in Nigeria. Money laundering things

1 Like

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by iamtardey: 11:46am On Apr 30, 2018
Mr/Mrs OP, make thunder spoil your phone and laptop come strike you join angry
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by erico2k2(m): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2018
joudini:

The bolded is tangential to the article.
YOu missed the point, the Bailiff do not go to a property with he police, the only call them after they find anything criminal in their search for property to remove to cover debt the a trying to claim or if they accustom trouble in the process of carrying out their duties, In this case they found large stacks of cash which they thought was proceeds of crime so they called the OLD BILL. This episode was aired on TV I washed it like 4 years ago.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Came4apost(m): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2018
Speechless
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by erico2k2(m): 11:55am On Apr 30, 2018
GOFRONT:
That's Corruption fighting back bro....

They have sooo much stolen Money to the extent that whatever tactics or techniques you try to apply in tackling their god of corruption, they can easily Counter-attack your techniques....

Hence the Calamities in the land
It pays to read and be exposed!
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Came4apost(m): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2018
erico2k2:

YOu missed the point, the Bailiff do not go to a property with he police, the only call them after they find anything criminal in their search for property to remove to cover debt the a trying to claim or if they accustom trouble in the process of carrying out their duties, In this case they found large stacks of cash which they thought was proceeds of crime so they called the OLD BILL. This episode was aired on TV I washed it like 4 years ago.
Since you washed it Like a cloth 4 years ago , pls give a quick breakdown of what finally happened and who owns the 8.5m$ thanks

1 Like

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by blackboy(m): 11:58am On Apr 30, 2018
movie
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Rubyventures: 12:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Came4apost:

Since you washed it Like a cloth 4 years ago , pls give a quick breakdown of what finally happened and who owns the 8.5m$ thanks

He hung it out to dry. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Okoroawusa: 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Whatvhas Buhari got to do with that
ask google
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by erico2k2(m): 12:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
Came4apost:

ok, what happened is this
The Person who rented the property sub let it to the individual you see on the film, The original Occupant is at large but owes Landlord loads of arrears.SO Landlord take Tennant to court and won case.
Tenants refused to pay,
Landlord escalates case to High court and won,
High court Writ was issued
Believe was issued a warrant to reclaim property and Monies owed
Bailiffs got to address knocked on door and informed the occupants they where there to collect outstanding debt £XYZ.
Bailiffs got into the flat and started listing properties to be seized so they can sell to retrieve tier debt owed.
While listing the came across this BOX, opened it and found Huge stack of Cash.(They had to call the Police)
Police arrived within 20 mins and arrested occupants of the flat and took them away.
Bailiffs locked up the flat
Later it was discovered the Money was FAKE, so the guy was released without charge
As for the bailiffs they found nothing worthy to seize in the flat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Adefemiaderoju1: 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Am very sure the money would be trace to one of our Nigeria politicians
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by georgecso(m): 1:20pm On Apr 30, 2018
How do you expect Naira to appreciate under these massive looting? No thanks to our hero of democracy..
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Came4apost(m): 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
erico2k2:

ok, what happened is this
The Person who rented the property sub let it to the individual you see on the film, The original Occupant is at large but owes Landlord loads of arrears.SO Landlord take Tennant to court and won case.
Tenants refused to pay,
Landlord escalates case to High court and won,
High court Writ was issued
Believe was issued a warrant to reclaim property and Monies owed
Bailiffs got to address knocked on door and informed the occupants they where there to collect outstanding debt £XYZ.
Bailiffs got into the flat and started listing properties to be seized so they can sell to retrieve tier debt owed.
While listing the came across this BOX, opened it and found Huge stack of Cash.(They had to call the Police)
Police arrived within 20 mins and arrested occupants of the flat and took them away.
Bailiffs locked up the flat
Later it was discovered the Money was FAKE, so the guy was released without charge
As for the bailiffs they found nothing worthy to seize in the flat
You have done justice to this story I give you a kudos 100% nice one ... I also noticed the money was looking quite weak real dollar bills are of very high quality

2 Likes

Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Came4apost(m): 1:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
georgecso:
How do you expect Naira to appreciate under these massive looting? No thanks to our hero of democracy..
Ordinary post you will not read to get the real story the money is fake
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by dvkot(m): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

Please stop these assumptions. I watch this programme once in a while. It is called 'can't pay we take it away'. It is about court enforcement officers chasing those who owe rent, parking charges or other defaults. They are given the licence to break into properties to recover funds owed. In this case, they just hit the jackpot. There is nothing like snitches here.
alright, I'm nt there i dnt knw what happened
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by ifymadu: 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
Irresponsible afonja youths. Fraud masters since 1926
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by jajaofafrica: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
The money is gone...them nor fit claim am..Britain don chop again [color=#990000][/color]
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by otokx(m): 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
GeneralOjukwu:
Keep him in jail for a while.

Return the money to the Nigerian Government which will....promptly loot it angry

Unbelievable
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by sonsomegrigbo: 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
He is not a criminal...

He's probably not aware such money is placed in the cabinet. He is surely keeping the cabinet for someone, whom I am sure an Igbo.

Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria with daily crime more than the crime committed in Africa in a year

Shiorrrrrr
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by beobehi(f): 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
GeneralOjukwu:
Keep him in jail for a while.

Return the money to the Nigerian Government which will....promptly loot it angry

return the what? is it Nigerian currency so why the hell should it be returned.....

return it to the bigger thieves...pls dnt provoke me oo
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by beobehi(f): 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:
He is not a criminal...

He's probably not aware such money is placed in the cabinet. He is surely keeping the cabinet for someone, whom I am sure an Igbo.

Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria with daily crime more than the crime committed in Africa in a year

Shiorrrrrr

u r stupid daft nn senseless
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by bendike: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
hushpapi:
this is why they keep getting mad at buhari cause all their plans are ruined. Before the poor people of Nigerians are the one known as theives while the rich are the saint. The poor go to prison for stealing food by the rich stay home and enjoy the food factory they stole.

Now it has changed in this region, the rich are the thieves with is obvious and glaring for Nigerians to know. They so hate buhari for doing this to them. They use media and herdsmen to destroy his name but the truth still stand.

They said he failed and I wonder which area or sector is he gonna start developing this country that is corruption free? Name just one.
Just shut up for gods sake! The money is not real. That "money" is paper used for 419 "wash wash/come and carry fraud".
Everything you zombies must turn to buhari did not allow them to steal story. metcheew
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by jinxet2000: 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
I heard Yoruba language in the last few secs in the video. That confirms one of the Nigerian languages. What on earth is he doing with 8.5M? Is he a medium for politician, or yahoo boy or ritualist? hm! we keep opening gates of waste in Nigeria. I just do not know why people steal money only to get it wasted in foreign lands. This is WICKEDNESS. They do not want the other person to see good life. Some Nigerians sef!
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Charly68: 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
Even the ones that escape the eagle eyes of EFCC God is exposing them everywhere ,I think God is fighting for Nigerians ..a student kept $8.5m wonders shall never end..I believe he went for money laundering & his character exposed him over there
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
The money was fake, i watched this show long time ago the whole cash was fake.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
bendike:

Just shut up for gods sake! The money is not real. That "money" is paper used for 419 "wash wash/come and carry fraud".
Everything you zombies must turn to buhari did not allow them to steal story. metcheew
yes, you are right the money was all fake, i watched the show years back.
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by rickymayne(m): 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
Definetely a snitch....and the guys already knew...the caller didnt ask for what happened...
Re: London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
Came4apost:

i watched the show too the money was fake. no one was arrested.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man's Penis Bitten Off For Stealing In Bakassi Peninsula (Graphic) / Two Men Kneel Down To Thank God After Their Release From Prison In Onitsha / Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.