Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? (12699 Views)

Late Gbenga Adeboye With Late Michael Jackson (pics) / Trowback Pictures Of Gbenga Adeboye And Toba Opaleye,do You Remember Them? / Top Celebrities From The Old That I Have Missed And None Has Replaced Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by lonikit: 7:39am On Apr 30, 2018
Seun Adeboye, one of the sisters of fhe late comedian, Prince Gbenga Adeboye, a presenter and a singer, in one of her albums dedicated to her late brother titled 'omo majemu' (covenant child). she narrated all the story of his life, all he went through before he survived and became popular. she talked about his family, social, personal life and his death. she also revealed how wednesday was so special in the life of her late brother. according to her, he was born on wednesday 30th sept. 1959, he started his education on wednesday, he started presenting on radio on wednesday, his first trip to america was on wednesday, his first album was released on wednesday. acording to her, most of his achievements were made on wednesday, he died on wednesday 30th of APRIL 2003 and was laid to rest on wednesday 14th may 2003.
His biography:
Born on 30th September 1959, at Ode Omu, Gbongan, Osun State, Nigeria, late Adeboye first worked as a freelance radio presenter for
Radio Lagos where he started a very popular programme which catered for Yoruba listening audience titled Funwontan in 1981. This
programme was later re-baptised to Gbenga Adeboye in the Mix on Radio Lagos and Gbenga Adeboye in the House on OGBC. While doing
these, he cut over nine albums and put them out on cassette, including Ph. D Beetle, Orosunkunnu 1 & 2, Funwontan 1 & 2, Ijinle Oro lati ori ite mimo 1 & 2, Versatility, Aiyetoro, Supremacy and Controversy. Adeboye's popularity earned him several nicknames
including Alhaji, Pastor Oluwo and Funwontan, which stuck with him until his death. Gbenga was an activist, orator, prophet as well as a comedian, humorist, entertainer, the pioneer of stand-up comedy in Nigeria who will never make you sad. He used his talents to install democracy back in Nigeria through all his works, jokes, and radio
programmes. Olugbenga gave up the ghost on the 30th of April 2003 throwing the entire entertainment scene into deep mourning and he was so widely respected and loved that crowds trooped out in candle-lit processions all over south-western Nigeria. May your soul rest in peace OLUGBENGA ADEBOYE, ONE MAN BATTALION, JENGBENTIELE,
APAGUNPOTE 1, ABEFE, OLAYINKA, OMO BABA OVERSER, AWO ITU BABA ITA, AWO BABA LAISI ABESUPINLE, SUN RE O!

has anyone actually replaced him in the industry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by lonikit: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2018
he was a good leader too. he mentored the likes of Yinka Ayefele, Esther Igbekele, Yemi Ajile Olayinka, Eji Owuro etc.
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by miracle956: 8:04am On Apr 30, 2018
alabefe we love ur music
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Mp3mack: 8:18am On Apr 30, 2018
Everyone is unique and different in their own way.
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Maleka1: 9:32am On Apr 30, 2018
alabefe gbogbo aye
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Maleka1: 9:32am On Apr 30, 2018
lalasticlala,pls do the needful
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Maleka1: 9:41am On Apr 30, 2018
lonikit:
Seun Adeboye, one of the sisters of fhe late comedian, Prince Gbenga Adeboye, a presenter and a singer, in one of her albums dedicated to her late brother titled 'omo majemu' (covenant child). she narrated all the story of his life, all he went through before he survived and became popular. she talked about his family, social, personal life and his death. she also revealed how wednesday was so special in the life of her late brother. according to her, he was born on wednesday 30th sept. 1959, he started his education on wednesday, he started presenting on radio on wednesday, his first trip to america was on wednesday, his first album was released on wednesday. acording to her, most of his achievements were made on wednesday, he died on wednesday 30th of APRIL 2003 and was laid to rest on wednesday 14th may 2003.
His biography:
Born on 30th September 1959, at Ode Omu, Gbongan, Osun State, Nigeria, late Adeboye first worked as a freelance radio presenter for
Radio Lagos where he started a very popular programme which catered for Yoruba listening audience titled Funwontan in 1981. This
programme was later re-baptised to Gbenga Adeboye in the Mix on Radio Lagos and Gbenga Adeboye in the House on OGBC. While doing
these, he cut over nine albums and put them out on cassette, including Ph. D Beetle, Orosunkunnu 1 & 2, Funwontan 1 & 2, Ijinle Oro lati ori ite mimo 1 & 2, Versatility, Aiyetoro, Supremacy and Controversy. Adeboye's popularity earned him several nicknames
including Alhaji, Pastor Oluwo and Funwontan, which stuck with him until his death. Gbenga was an activist, orator, prophet as well as a comedian, humorist, entertainer, the pioneer of stand-up comedy in Nigeria who will never make you sad. He used his talents to install democracy back in Nigeria through all his works, jokes, and radio
programmes. Olugbenga gave up the ghost on the 30th of April 2003 throwing the entire entertainment scene into deep mourning and he was so widely respected and loved that crowds trooped out in candle-lit processions all over south-western Nigeria. May your soul rest in peace OLUGBENGA ADEBOYE, ONE MAN BATTALION, JENGBENTIELE,
APAGUNPOTE 1, ABEFE, OLAYINKA, OMO BABA OVERSER, AWO ITU BABA ITA, AWO BABA LAISI ABESUPINLE, SUN RE O!

has anyone actually replaced him in the industry
no one has replaced him till date.
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Maleka1: 10:59am On Apr 30, 2018
lonikit:
he was a good leader too. he mentored the likes of Yinka Ayefele, Esther Igbekele, Yemi Ajile Olayinka, Eji Owuro etc.

really
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Maleka1: 11:01am On Apr 30, 2018
lonikit:

all of them are doing well in their career today. he was indeed a great mentor unlike wht we hav today.
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by policy12: 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
ITU Baba Ita remain my favorite.

7 Likes

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Wealth7(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
Very talented dude...He could act several personality all at once..
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by GreatrAnalyst: 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
Wealth7:
Very talented dude...He could act several personality all at once..

That guy was a genius in his chosen career.
No one has replaced him yet. I still wonder how he knew deep things he used to say. Very unparalleled.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by 9iceDaniel: 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2018
Alabefe, Mr Fuwomtan sun re

3 Likes

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by moscobabs(m): 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
We surely miss you Funwontan

I cant forget your album '' Ayetoto'' he released it when he first dead before God brought him back .

Gbenga Adewusi and Lara Adeboye.

God is watching o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Maleka1: 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
GreatrAnalyst:

No one has replaced him yet. I still wonder how he knew deep things he used to say. Very unparalleled.
noting but the truth.

1 Like

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Maleka1: 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2018
moscobabs:
We surely miss you Funwontan

I cant forget your album '' Ayetoto'' he released it when he first dead before God brought him back .

Gbenga Adewusi and Lara Adeboye.

God is watching o

do not judge

1 Like

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by moscobabs(m): 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
Maleka1:

do not judge

did i say anything?
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Wealth7(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
GreatrAnalyst:

Honestly nobody can fill his space.... personally I think his a special more like an extraordinary being. heard he died, came back to life after somedays before dying finally.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by YorubaAssasin: 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
"E ko orin idagbere fun Landlord... Aye Iya yin ko'nida" - An excerpt from the one and only Itu Baba Ita! grin grin

Alaye mi Gbengulo.. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by YorubaAssasin: 5:41pm On Apr 30, 2018
policy12:

ITU Baba Ita remain my favorite.

"E ko orin idagbere fun Lan-lordi... Aye Iya yin ko'nida" grin grin

Alaye mi Gbengulo !!!
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Maleka1: 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
"E ko orin idagbere fun Landlord... Aye Iya yin ko'nida" - An excerpt from the one and only Itu Baba Ita! grin grin

Alaye mi Gbengulo.. grin grin

lolzzz
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Maleka1: 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
moscobabs:

did i say anything?
no
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Chumani(f): 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
Laisi Abesupinle

1 Like

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by policy12: 6:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

"E ko orin idagbere fun Lan-lordi... Aye Iya yin ko'nida" grin grin

Alaye mi Gbengulo !!!

No Gbenga remain my best comedian, the way he use to change his voice to suite the character he want still baffle me.

I never knew he is the only one that use to act all those character until I was told by an uncle. Pls how can I download "ITU Baba ita"

Alaye mi Gbengulo.....
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by YorubaAssasin: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
policy12:

No Gbenga remain my best comedian, the way he use to change his voice to suite the character he want still baffle me.

I never knew he is the only one that use to act all those character until I was told by an uncle. Pls how can I download "ITU Baba ita"

Alaye mi Gbengulo.....

Make sure you have "Real media player" and "MP3 converter" installed on your system. Go to youtube and find it (It's on there). Place your cursor / mouse on it and it'll give you an option to download. Download on ur system and convert to MP3 (using the MP3 converter). Migrate to ur device as needed.

Else, send me ur phone number on my email..."Follysho707@yahoo.com". I can send it to you on wataspp.
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Maleka1: 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
diet doctor
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Roughfyzay(m): 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
RIP Alabefe
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Raintaker(m): 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
Alaye mi Gbengulo
Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by policy12: 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Make sure you have "Real media player" and "MP3 converter" installed on your system. Go to youtube and find it (It's on there). Place your cursor / mouse on it and it'll give you an option to download. Download on ur system and convert to MP3 (using the MP3 converter). Migrate to ur device as needed.

Else, send me ur phone number on my email..."Follysho707@yahoo.com". I can send it to you on wataspp.

Please Sir, check ur mail.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
what is it with this wednesday thing undecided

I hope its not what am thinking. The guy died young

2 Likes

Re: 15 Years After Gbenga Adeboye, His Wed. Mystery. Who Has Replaced Him? by YorubaAssasin: 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
policy12:

Please Sir, check ur mail.

OK, I will and get back to you...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Tours Kenya For Her "On Becoming" Book (Photos) / Charles Awurum Launches Beauty Pageant Competition In MAFAA Awards 2018‎ / Picture Of Emeka Ossai & His Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.