Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition (23713 Views)

Fire Guts Ibrahim Shekarau's House In Kano State. Photos / Kwankwaso Visits Ibrahim Shekarau In Abuja (Photos) / Sheikh Jafar's Assassination Files By Ibrahim Shekarau Found In Goje's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by asawanathegreat(m): 11:55am On Apr 30, 2018
U will fail woffly
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by emmasege: 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
adehsenior:
All these political prostitutes, after all the insults on PDP before the 2015 election, Shekarau to contest under the platform of the PDP!!I yam not understanding grin grin shocked shocked
Political novince! Shekarau was part of GEJ government until 2015 and still remains in the PDP till date. Yes, he was formerly in opposition but he switched camp as soon as he sensed Kwakwanso was coming to their fold. Those two are sworn enemies.

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by phoenix90(m): 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
Who else remembers this man in 2011 debate and how he articulated Nigeria problems and giving the required solution.

i will support this man until Tonye comes along to sing his praise then I will step down because anyone Tonye supports always end up in failure

He is a good candidate though. I have heard from him first hand when he delivered a convocation lecture UNN in 2008 and he is quite articulate and understands what governance is about. His regime in Kano is by far the most peaceful and accommodating in recent memory. If he's elected, I won't have an objection to it.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by mema900: 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
Another cow just escaped from ranch
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 12:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
mema900:
Another cow just escaped from ranch
Lol grin
Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by wink2015(m): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
Shekarau is another far-right aspirant from the north.

Shekarau believe in the supremacy of the north.

Their group includes the following President Muhammadu Buhari, Governor El Rufai of Kaduna state, Balarabe Musa, Ahmed Makarfi, Sule Lamido etc

These long list of far right politicians believe that Nigeria is the personal property of the north gifted to them by the British colonial masters.

They do not agree with the doctrine that Nigerian in the south are equal joint stake holder of the project called Nigeria.

Hence, these far right politicians mostly from the north central and north west are bitterly opposed to RESTRUCTURING.

These northerners are ever determined to perpetuate themselves in public office in every electioneering year.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by leonardosomto(m): 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
I prefer u Shekarau to him
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by kingkhan(m): 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
Turantula:
Shekaku for president? I don die. What is all these? Even the other one that looks like a hippo (markafi) wants to rule the zoo.
A caliphate should be carved out for these animals to rule their Almajiris
almajiri is better than a son of bitch
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by kingkhan(m): 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
This man Atiku and Buhari have been contesting for years.Bubu was lucky so they(Atiku and shekarau)Feel it could be their turn.If he doesn't know what or how to use his money for better things instead of wasting money on nomination forms he should give people like me that need and know how to use Money wisely.Instead of investing in a futile exercise.
bitch spotted
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by JimmyCrow(m): 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ex Governor and minister...mehn these guys act like naija is their private company. Just dey rotate power.

angry angry angry undecided
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by OnucheAdams: 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2018
If he teams up with Kwankwaso, Buhari can't win Kano. And if Buhari doesn't win Kano, it's safe to say that he can't get re-elected.
It would make sense for either Kwankwaso/Shekarau to step down for one another.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Vanpicca(m): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
EZXCUSE ME PLEASE

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
Buhari till 2023, Igbo Presidency in 2023

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by dominique(f): 1:20pm On Apr 30, 2018
That man knows his onion and he didn't do a bad job as Kano state governor. I'm not in support of another northern president but I can throw my support behind him ahead of the likes of Buhari and Atiku

OnucheAdams:
If he teams up with Kwankwaso, Buhari can't win Kano. And if Buhari doesn't win Kano, it's safe to say that he can't get re-elected.
It would make sense for either Kwankwaso/Shekarau to step down for one another.

A powerful combo that would have been but sadly they're both sworn enemies sad

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by frankmoney(m): 1:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
Those days are behind us. Do you know that for every tweet by the Presidency on Twitter the amount of reactions against them makes them to hide their face in shame.

We are not scared of APC smear campaign because they have a lot of baggage that they can't drop.
one question for you young man can't we vote for someone else must it be old recycled people ? Must it be pdp must it be apc
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by sunsewa16: 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
he is ok at least he is educated and humane,except his age is close to seventy then that's is a no no.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Biglittlelois(f): 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
Who else remembers this man in 2011 debate and how he articulated Nigeria problems and giving the required solution.

i will support this man until Tonye comes along to sing his praise then I will step down because anyone Tonye supports always end up in failure

You really do not want this man as President, Kano was not a nice place for non hausas when he was the governor
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
kingkhan:
bitch spotted
Next time try not to quote me when you want to advertise your stupidity.No one asked if you were a bitch.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Gamesmart: 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
Another crook for the crooked PDP.

When will Ibori declare for PDP?
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by TLAX: 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
itsdumebi:
@POLITICSNGR

A former governor of Kano state, Ibrahim Shekarau has formally declared his intention to contest for the 2019 presidential elections.

Shekarau seeks to contest under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The former education minister pointed out that his decision was spurred by numerous clarion calls. He said;

"As you may be aware, for quite some time now, since, after the 2015 general elections, there have been various calls made by individuals and groups from many quarters, nationwide, urging my humble candidature for the contest of the presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the next general elections, due in 2019.

I strongly believe that the people are doing so out of their conviction of contentment and satisfaction based upon the modest successes recorded while I served as the Governor of Kano State (2003 to 2011), and also as a Minister of Education (July 2014 - May 2015).

In response to these calls, and in view of the seeming intricacies and the boundless complexities involved in such a national assignment, I have consulted across the geopolitical zones and different interest groups, who examined and appraised the issue and advised me accordingly.

I am pleased to say, based on these wide consultations, that I am better informed and convinced that participating in the democratic process of serving humanity goes beyond party affiliations/boundaries, and also beyond just winning an election.

I have therefore decided to accept the clarion calls, and will in due course and in accordance with the guidelines of my party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), offer my humble self for the contest of the presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria during the forthcoming 2019 general elections,"  he said.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-former-kano-governor-shekarau-declares-2019-presidential-ambition/

Sai Shekarau!!!
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
Here is a very good man. I wished a lot of Nigerians know him. He has got great ideas, a visionary and quite articulate. He will do very well as presient.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Charly68: 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
Shekere or what is the name sounds very dangerous to hear...
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by MrBONE2(m): 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

He introduced Sharia in Kano state
That was then when he was Malam grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun Visits Rauf Aregbesola - Photos / Nigeria Must Continue To Exist: Obasanjo Rules Out Yoruba Nation, IPOB / EFCC Invades Justice Mary Odili’s House - Peoples Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.