Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? (35386 Views)

How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / My First Trip To Obangogo Mountain In Kabba, Kogi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by krissconnect(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2018
Jigba:

And also having about 2 million naira for your upkeep.
That's the most difficult part of it. But my friend studying in China proffered me with another option... A course(Chinese language study) which will cost me just about a million naira for the 4 years I'm gonna study it. How u see it?

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by dreamwords: 12:22pm On May 12, 2018
Chuvin22:
I'd rather not talk about it sad

embarassed
Na waoo
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 12, 2018
Funkybabee:
Op didn't know that most of them were sponsored by their parents or uncle,u see now nobody can say a tangible post but if u mean to travel out through ur determination God can help u with it...if u have a job here in Nigeria with well paid,u can save for 1-2years and process ur travelling with scholarship because that is how most have an opportunity or a country that their school tuition is not much while opportunity dey for u to work or Germany shaa...is through dedication bro

Funny how nobody has mentioned that my BF sponsored my Trip abroad cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by NONNYG: 12:26pm On May 12, 2018
nysc allawee + igbese

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 12, 2018
enemyofprogress:
which plan you wan plan at age 78?abeg forget it Jo, it's over for you
it's not over yet... I'm still in my twenties.. It's already over you and don't bring your miserable life to my quote.. fvck off..

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Paulnnubia2017(m): 12:26pm On May 12, 2018
Next question, please...
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by HeWrites(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2018
krissconnect:

That's the most difficult part of it. But my friend studying in China proffered me with another option... A course(Chinese language study) which will cost me just about a million naira for the 4 years I'm gonna study it. How u see it?

After the Language Course, what next?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by chaiks: 12:28pm On May 12, 2018
Jigba:

And also having about 2 million naira for your upkeep.
you mean the blocked account money is equivalent to 2mil?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Osaos(m): 12:30pm On May 12, 2018
LagosismyHome:
Bank of mummy and daddy grin
can I pm you?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Temple1288(m): 12:31pm On May 12, 2018
dy79:
Just planing bro get 5years working visa South Africa, I was asked to pay 320k for the visa. I need guidance as the agent want the money in advance. Need more light on this pls?

There's nothing like a 5yr working Visa.. The fact is this--- the Agent ll make u see South Africa, but on a 3month Visa (THREE MONTHS)

You'd be told to bump into the street and hustle like others.. Because of shame of coming back and probably because you want to make it big, you'll join drugs, scamgang and possibly robbery gang..

When I visited South Africa (Soweto) met many stranded guys from Cameroon and Nigeria there doing nasty things for money........ Native South Africans queued up for jobs. #Fact!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 12, 2018
krissconnect:

What about money for your upkeep?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 12, 2018
chaiks:
you mean the blocked account money is equivalent to 2mil?

I think it's more sef since the exchange rate keep increasing under Buhari.
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Funkybabee(f): 12:35pm On May 12, 2018
cruchenutii:

Funny how nobody has mentioned that my BF sponsored my Trip abroad cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who will say that grin grin

Yaho things niyen

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 12, 2018
Funkybabee:

Who will say that grin grin

Yaho things niyen

1 Like

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by StudentsNG: 1:05pm On May 12, 2018
Redacted***

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by bigfather(m): 1:06pm On May 12, 2018
I used by salary bonus. And I got my flight ticket for 120k. Air Maroc.....that was when naija was good.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by nowpresence(f): 1:11pm On May 12, 2018
StudentsNG:
- I saved 100% of my allowances as a 'Kopa'
- With the savings, I relocated to Abuja as a self employed Data Analyst
- Jobs not forthcoming, so I chose to remain a Blogger, my active part time job for over 5yrs.
- Made some huge success in a year and invested into mobile app "reselling"
- With re-investments of proceeds from app sales into advertising deals, I saw my way up
- Dollar rise under APC was a push because I saved in dollars and euros
- Saved some dollars at N245/$ during Goodluck administration, I sold in at N480/$ and Euros even higher
- Exactly 2 years after NYSC I submitted account balance of N20,688,480 to consular
- Six months bank statement showed inflow of N48,000,000+
- No one, I MEAN NOT A SINGLE ONE contributed directly into this success, but GOD ALMIGHTY!
- I left Nigeria for my masters degree in 2016, 100% self sponsored.

#NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE NOT LAZY, IGBO BOYS ARE WAY-MAKERS!

Only God, self denial, hardwork, consistency and honesty did this. I also have a good friend who was there to motivate me to NEVER GIVE UP. And presently he also self sponsored himself out of Nigeria for masters in another country. Same strategy. Good luck to everyone.
wow!
my role model. I want to be like you when I grow up.
well done sir

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Luminee(f): 1:11pm On May 12, 2018
All expenses paid, I travelled as an expert to work for a company on contract
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by enemyofprogress: 1:13pm On May 12, 2018
Danty37:

it's not over yet... I'm still in my twenties.. It's already over you and don't bring your miserable life to my quote.. fvck off..
liar. Stop lying, you're 78 years old, it's over for you jo
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by mamuzoOMAH(m): 1:17pm On May 12, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Why not go to Germany where they have free education and u could easily get a job as a student?
what are the requirements?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by THEPOTTER(m): 1:20pm On May 12, 2018
dy79:
Just planing bro get 5years working visa South Africa, I was asked to pay 320k for the visa. I need guidance as the agent want the money in advance. Need more light on this pls?
Bro dont mind any agent. Visa to SA 320k? When US visiting visa is 60k. Do it your self.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by StudentsNG: 1:20pm On May 12, 2018
Just believe, you can do better. See you a'top!
nowpresence:

wow!
my role model. I want to be like you when I grow up.
well done sir
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Daeylar(f): 1:20pm On May 12, 2018
One of the things that make me tired of nairaland. undecided

bedspread:
2PAGES ALMOST GONE AND NOT ONE REASONABLE SUMMATION!!!

INDEED I TIRE FOR NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by krissconnect(m): 1:25pm On May 12, 2018
HeWrites:

After the Language Course, what next?
I'm hoping get employed
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by krissconnect(m): 1:26pm On May 12, 2018
Jigba:

What about money for your upkeep?
If it's a prerequisite from the school, it might be difficult for me, but if not, I can manage
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 12, 2018
krissconnect:

I'm sure Germany comes with the criterion of learning Deutsch before applying to study there. But is it really free?
A friend went there without learning Deutsche first. You just have to facilitate your admission and yes, it's free. Not all the universities though.
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by diamond88: 1:28pm On May 12, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Wanna travel to Germany.... Working towards that.

Can I get a piece of information on it. I love Germany and Sweden.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Girl Crush To Death By Dangote Truck In Okene, Kogi (Graphic Photos) / Rain Falls For The First Time In Maiduguri, Residents Celebrate (Screenshots) / Overspeeding Causes Ghastly Accident In Ibadan, Oyo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.