Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,934 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? (35399 Views)

How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / My First Trip To Obangogo Mountain In Kabba, Kogi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 12, 2018
mamuzoOMAH:
what are the requirements?
Im still gathering that info.
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by HeWrites(m): 1:31pm On May 12, 2018
krissconnect:
I'm hoping get employed
Based on what I heard, I don't think it's easy.
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 12, 2018
diamond88:

Can I get a piece of information on it. I love Germany and Sweden.
Im still gathering information dear. Sweden is cool. I'm interested in Germany cos of the free education.
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by spiritedtete: 1:39pm On May 12, 2018
dy79:

Thanks so much. Can you please talk to me more for saying that? Please .

After you have paid... one story or the other will come up.. in fact they might tell you they have submitted your passport to the embassy, weeks will turn months.. it is story they will be telling you.. you will End up begging to get your passport back. Not even the money. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 12, 2018
Giddymoney:
What about those of us that hasn't even seen a plane not to talk of entering

Take it easy o. Lie don dey enter am o.

Pesin wey never see plane dey browse? grin
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Trenton: 1:43pm On May 12, 2018
Temple1288:
A family from Mississippi I got to know while I was a staff in Dannic Hotel in Porthacourt..
Thru them I saw myself abroad..

lucky u brah
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Trenton: 1:45pm On May 12, 2018
SO IS THAT NOBODY HUSTLED TO RAISE CASH TO ESCAPE..NAWA OH
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by moststylish(m): 1:45pm On May 12, 2018
angelbulksms:

Take it easy o. Lie don dey enter am o.

Pesin wey never see plane dey browse? grin
have you seen a plane up close? no be the one you see for tv or sky
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by faites(f): 1:48pm On May 12, 2018
Planning to visit Kenya later this year, so I'm saving like kilode cheesy
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by dubbiskelly(m): 2:00pm On May 12, 2018
I took an extra job and saved, simple
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 12, 2018
Jay95:
I am yet to travel.. post not for me.
Meanwhile, awa very Own Lalasticlala is getting married. grin
Help me wish him happy married life in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/4500342/lalasticlala-set-wed-photos

Done that. smiley
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 12, 2018
moststylish:
have you seen a plane up close? no be the one you see for tv or sky

Boarded severally.

Meanwhile, if u see plane for sky, u don see am b dat nau, e only remain make u enter am. cheesy

Not to worry, you'll surely board someday. It's just another means of transportation.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 12, 2018
How time flies..
Well, nothing much..
Graduated from a reputable University in Nigeria as a Medical Doctor, did my Housemanship then while waiting for my NYSC, I got a link from an uncle who's a Very High ranking Officer in one of the biggest and known Breweries and started work in their Clinic, that's the company's clinic (within that four months, I was shortlisted for NYSC but I ignored it because I knew I wouldn't stay). Wrote a Licence examination and made it. Though I was still on probation, I worked for 5 months and i finally decided to quit that very Job and got ready.
To shorten the story, I made up to 580k from that job and VISA was approved successfully.
And the Journey to the US was successful.
N.B- I didn't travel as an illegal immigrant. My Family members are there; citizens, so they filed for me even before I arrived. Today, I'm happy and fulfilled.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Bamz(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2018
bedspread:
2PAGES ALMOST GONE AND NOT ONE REASONABLE SUMMATION!!!

INDEED I TIRE FOR NIGERIA

Welcome to Nairaland. Everyone wants to air their opinion even if its meaningless. I expected to see only accounts of those who have travelled etc so the OP could get his answers. One lad even typed 'none of your business' as he if was mandated to comment. Lol.

If the op wants answers, he'd better get on Quora and hope Nigerians respond to it on there.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 12, 2018
StudentsNG:
- I saved 100% of my allowances as a 'Kopa'
- With the savings, I relocated to Abuja as a self employed Data Analyst
- Jobs not forthcoming, so I chose to remain a Blogger, my active part time job for over 5yrs.
- Made some huge success in a year and invested into mobile app "reselling"
- With re-investments of proceeds from app sales into advertising deals, I saw my way up
- Dollar rise under APC was a push because I saved in dollars and euros
- Saved some dollars at N245/$ during Goodluck administration, I sold in at N480/$ and Euros even higher
- Exactly 2 years after NYSC I submitted account balance of N20,688,480 to consular
- Six months bank statement showed inflow of N48,000,000+
- No one, I MEAN NOT A SINGLE ONE contributed directly into this success, but GOD ALMIGHTY!
- I left Nigeria for my masters degree in 2016, 100% self sponsored.

#NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE NOT LAZY, IGBO BOYS ARE WAY-MAKERS!

Only God, self denial, hardwork, consistency and honesty did this. I also have a good friend who was there to motivate me to NEVER GIVE UP. And presently he also self sponsored himself out of Nigeria for masters in another country. Same strategy. Good luck to everyone.

Hmmm, I like your courage. Pretty cool! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by krissconnect(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2018
HeWrites:

Based on what I heard, I don't think it's easy.
it has never bn easy bro, but then I'll take my time. Any other advice to give me bro?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Paradigm777: 2:38pm On May 12, 2018
danielchidozie:
This thread is geared towards rolling back memories of how NIGERIANS ABROAD raised cash for their first trip abroad.
your stories will be appreciated as we intending travellers can learn stuffs from ur hustle experience.
Saved 4k from working as a conductor. Travelled to Niger... Worked in Niamey for 4weeks and then move to Agedez... From there to tripoli for 8months working in an abattoir... Selling cow skin (kpomo), cow legs and cow tails to Nigerians and other Africans... From there to Spain and finally to Switzerland.. I hear am sha..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by goat22: 2:50pm On May 12, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Wanna travel to Germany.... Working towards that.

Do you desire to own a live monkey, baboon or a shrine goddess? Seek no more, you will have to offer a rat sacrifice to nchuvaa mutuba.
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 12, 2018
Paradigm777:

Saved 4k from working as a conductor. Travelled to Niger... Worked in Niamey for 4weeks and then move to Agedez... From there to tripoli for 8months working in an abattoir... Selling cow skin (kpomo), cow legs and cow tails to Nigerians and other Africans... From there to Spain and finally to Switzerland.. I hear am sha..

Na wa o. See hustling shocked

Kilode? Na so Nigeria bad reach?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 3:02pm On May 12, 2018
Vision2045:
Bet9ja
This is interesting
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by dreamchaser90(m): 3:13pm On May 12, 2018
I was awarded a BEA Scholarship under the Federal Scholarship Board so all expenses were covered by the Federal government.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 3:15pm On May 12, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Maga paid. As alert show that year, na so I quickly get my US visa, I been already get passport. Travelled and stayed in pennsylvania Ohio for 3 months

Pennsylvania Ohio?

That's interesting grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by tizzdi(m): 3:15pm On May 12, 2018
Temple1288:
A family from Mississippi I got to know while I was a staff in Dannic Hotel in Porthacourt..
Thru them I saw myself abroad..
i actually read ur post then..so are u back?..
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Paradigm777: 3:20pm On May 12, 2018
angelbulksms:

Na wa o. See hustling shocked

Kilode? Na so Nigeria bad reach?
grin grin
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Sundaygirl(f): 3:21pm On May 12, 2018
Giddymoney:
What about those of us that hasn't even seen a plane not to talk of entering

You must not go to abroad through plane. There are other means of transportation
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Paradigm777: 3:22pm On May 12, 2018
Ugosample:

Pennsylvania Ohio?

That's interesting grin cheesy grin
It is d name of a place in cotonou close to Togo border
grin
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Sundaygirl(f): 3:24pm On May 12, 2018
koolcat:
successfully executed non casualty bank robbery.

Offa or Owerri bank robbery?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by dasparrow: 3:29pm On May 12, 2018
Well, I was born abroad (Western Europe) to the glory of God and His son Jesus Christ. So, I never had to raise any funds by myself. I was brought to Nigeria by my parents at age 7 and left Nigeria again as a teenager. My family made that happen. I cannot take credit for it.

Moved back to Nigeria couple of years ago as an adult. Hated it! Hated it with all my heart! So, I saved money for 3 years and then I left. I have to say, my family who do not live in Nigeria by the way helped me a lot. I ain't gonna lie. But you know what? God made it happen. My destiny does not lie in Nigeria that is why I was not born there to begin with. God made sure that I was born in a first world European country. It was God's plan and I thank Him for it.

If it is God's plan for you to live abroad, He will make a way. God is not called the way maker for nothing. You might land a scholarship to study abroad like my father did back in the day or you might land a job abroad or even meet someone who already lives abroad and is willing to marry you and then file for you to come over. You might come abroad as a missionary if you have a church overseas that will sponsor you. I mean, the possibilities are endless. It just all depends on God's plan for your life.

Whatever you do, don't go through Libya to get abroad. You will just be selling yourself into slavery. Those Arabs are not playing.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by ImaIma1(f): 3:32pm On May 12, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Why not go to Germany where they have free education and u could easily get a job as a student?

But you still need to have money in a block account
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by hekkyboi: 3:39pm On May 12, 2018
I have Hope and I beleive that God Will help me to Relocate away from nigeria to a better country. this i pray in JESUS NAME Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Overspeeding Causes Ghastly Accident In Ibadan, Oyo State. Photos / Who Knows The Owner Of This Passport? (Photo) / Ifeanyichukwu Luxurious Buses Burnt In Anambra Tanker Fire (Photos, Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.