Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,128 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? (35387 Views)

How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / My First Trip To Obangogo Mountain In Kabba, Kogi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Olulinks(m): 3:45pm On May 12, 2018
SoapQueen:
Those of us that have no plans of leaving the country soon can line up here.
It's been a while. How's business?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by hekkyboi: 3:46pm On May 12, 2018
Chascop:
How time flies..
Well, nothing much..
Graduated from a reputable University in Nigeria as a Medical Doctor, did my Housemanship then while waiting for my NYSC, I got a link from an uncle who's a Very High ranking Officer in one of the biggest and known Breweries and started work in their Clinic, that's the company's clinic (within that four months, I was shortlisted for NYSC but I ignored it because I knew I wouldn't stay). Wrote a Licence examination and made it. Though I was still on probation, I worked for 5 months and i finally decided to quit that very Job and got ready.
To shorten the story, I made up to 580k from that job and VISA was approved successfully.
And the Journey to the US was successful.
N.B- I didn't travel as an illegal immigrant. My Family members are there; citizens, so they filed for me even before I arrived. Today, I'm happy and fulfilled.
please i want to know, is it very easy for someone who is travelling for first time who have someone over there for the visa to be prepared and and arranged from there? then how will one be able to receive the visa?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 12, 2018
hekkyboi:
please i want to know, is it very easy for someone who is travelling for first time who have someone over there for the visa to be prepared and and arranged from there? then how will one be able to receive the visa?

Visa to be prepared and arranged there?
Where exactly?
Better make your plans genuine..
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by hekkyboi: 3:56pm On May 12, 2018
Chascop:

Visa to be prepared and arranged there?
Where exactly?
Better make your plans genuine..
what i mean is that someone wants to arrange my visa from there cos i've sent him my passport photograph which has my biodata on whatsap so as for the visa processing to commence. so what im saying now is how can i recieve the visa
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by kmaster007: 3:57pm On May 12, 2018
wait... make I go and com back.... lolz
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by SoapQueen(f): 4:05pm On May 12, 2018
Olulinks:

It's been a while. How's business?

Going well. I was supposed to go for supplies today. Been raining cats and dogs in Abj.
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Olulinks(m): 4:12pm On May 12, 2018
SoapQueen:

Going well. I was supposed to go for supplies today. Been raining cats and dogs in Abj.
Wow and not a single drop here in Ogun State today. Thank God for smooth business.
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by gaby(m): 4:17pm On May 12, 2018
Mine is gut wrenching yet hilarious...click on my signature to read about my story..
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by orlahtohbadt(m): 4:17pm On May 12, 2018
Ugosample:

Pennsylvania Ohio?

That's interesting grin cheesy grin
Lol i thought i was the only one that saw that
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 12, 2018
Paradigm777:

Saved 4k from working as a conductor. Travelled to Niger... Worked in Niamey for 4weeks and then move to Agedez... From there to tripoli for 8months working in an abattoir... Selling cow skin (kpomo), cow legs and cow tails to Nigerians and other Africans... From there to Spain and finally to Switzerland.. I hear am sha..

I salute you bros ! You just motivated me to do more.
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 12, 2018
Sundaygirl:

You must not go to abroad through plane. There are other means of transportation

Like Edo Airways right?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 12, 2018
enemyofprogress:
liar. Stop lying, you're 78 years old, it's over for you jo
I have heard you enemy of progress..

1 Like

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by samijay8(m): 4:30pm On May 12, 2018
Paradigm777:

Saved 4k from working as a conductor. Travelled to Niger... Worked in Niamey for 4weeks and then move to Agedez... From there to tripoli for 8months working in an abattoir... Selling cow skin (kpomo), cow legs and cow tails to Nigerians and other Africans... From there to Spain and finally to Switzerland.. I hear am sha..
Omo you try with all these risk. 3 gbosa for you

1 Like

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 4:43pm On May 12, 2018
Temple1288:

There's nothing like a 5yr working Visa.. The fact is this--- the Agent ll make u see South Africa, but on a 3month Visa (THREE MONTHS)

You'd be told to bump into the street and hustle like others.. Because of shame of coming back and probably because you want to make it big, you'll join drugs, scamgang and possibly robbery gang..

When I visited South Africa (Soweto) met many stranded guys from Cameroon and Nigeria there doing nasty things for money........ Native South Africans queued up for jobs. #Fact!

it's desperation that is causing all these.

And they become a nuisance abroad.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 12, 2018
Olulinks:

Wow and not a single drop here in Ogun State today. Thank God for smooth business.
there was rain drop today ooo.. soapqueen
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by SoapQueen(f): 5:11pm On May 12, 2018
Danty37:
there was rain drop today ooo.. soapqueen
It was a torrential downpour at my end. Been home all day.
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 12, 2018
Worked for Evans for a while
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by diamond88: 6:00pm On May 12, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Im still gathering information dear. Sweden is cool. I'm interested in Germany cos of the free education.

Do you mind, I have sent you a pm coz I will like to have a chat with you.. Information is power
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Pavore9: 6:06pm On May 12, 2018
faites:
Planning to visit Kenya later this year, so I'm saving like kilode cheesy

Make sure you get the maximum experience out of the visit.

It is better you opt for Airbnb as against a hotel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by vickthorious(m): 7:49pm On May 12, 2018
i am interested in going to filmschool i dont really know how they operate their scholarship and stuffs.
am interested in newyorkfilm academy heard dey offer scholarship
or who knows any film school abroad dat offers scholarship want to acquire knowledge from there so i can change the film industry here
an aspiring cinematographer tho
and how much it would cost and how much to process it so i can save up
HELP!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by kingralu: 10:18pm On May 12, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
A friend went there without learning Deutsche first. You just have to facilitate your admission and yes, it's free. Not all the universities though.

please what are the requirements/how much can it cost?
is there any site to visit for more information?
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Haryoureendey4(m): 11:30pm On May 12, 2018
StudentsNG:
- I saved 100% of my allowances as a 'Kopa'
- With the savings, I relocated to Abuja as a self employed Data Analyst
- Jobs not forthcoming, so I chose to remain a Blogger, my active part time job for over 5yrs.
- Made some huge success in a year and invested into mobile app "reselling"
- With re-investments of proceeds from app sales into advertising deals, I saw my way up
- Dollar rise under APC was a push because I saved in dollars and euros
- Saved some dollars at N245/$ during Goodluck administration, I sold in at N480/$ and Euros even higher
- Exactly 2 years after NYSC I submitted account balance of N20,688,480 to consular
- Six months bank statement showed inflow of N48,000,000+
- No one, I MEAN NOT A SINGLE ONE contributed directly into this success, but GOD ALMIGHTY!
- I left Nigeria for my masters degree in 2016, 100% self sponsored.

#NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE NOT LAZY, IGBO BOYS ARE WAY-MAKERS!

Only God, self denial, hardwork, consistency and honesty did this. I also have a good friend who was there to motivate me to NEVER GIVE UP. And presently he also self sponsored himself out of Nigeria for masters in another country. Same strategy. Good luck to everyone.

Wow shocked nice one and inspiring sir....just preparing to go for service too as a PCM.....since u don't touch ur Nysc allawee as am also planning, how do u cope with feeding + transport for CDs? Will like to private chat u Sir concerning how I can develop my @signature in d country u settled in.....

Thanks in anticipated
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Temple1288(m): 3:27am On May 13, 2018
Ugosample:

it's desperation that is causing all these.

And they become a nuisance abroad.

#exactly
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Temple1288(m): 3:27am On May 13, 2018
tizzdi:
i actually read ur post then..so are u back?..

Yes my bro.. I've been back twice

U can't imagine how I felt seein myself in Obodo Oyibo.. I looked at myself and said "My goodness me!"
#also it was my first time of entering an Aeroplane (the one I saw cross over me everyday)
I had close to 30 photos on my arrival. I took pictures with virtually everything around the Airport (inside and outside) and sharing it on Facebook got me this #Slayqueen who's been ignoring a fine boy like me..
Immediately I started adding ''''''u know''''''' to my English..

They trusted me with funds tho they were a bit afraid until they saw me.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Temple1288(m): 3:30am On May 13, 2018
Trenton:

lucky u brah

I registered on Nairaland to get information on how I'm gonna go about it.. I got reasonable info tho some, instead of ignoring me used the opportunity to badmouth me forgetting I was a JJC
Re: How Did You Raise Funds For Your First Trip Abroad? by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:10am On May 13, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Im still gathering information dear. Sweden is cool. I'm interested in Germany cos of the free education.
Yea. Sweden is awesome but tuition is quite expensive. Germany being free although but blocked fund is almost 4m because of exchange rate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rain Falls For The First Time In Maiduguri, Residents Celebrate (Screenshots) / Overspeeding Causes Ghastly Accident In Ibadan, Oyo State. Photos / Who Knows The Owner Of This Passport? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.