Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

What Are American And British Feminists Really Fighting For? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are American And British Feminists Really Fighting For? (1607 Views)

Why Are American Men So Nice? / Man's Head Smashed While Fighting For His Girlfriend. She Takes Selfie With Him / "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are American And British Feminists Really Fighting For? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 11:20am On May 01, 2018
Shugavee:
i got that too but my point is the act hasn't stopped!! Men r still raping n sexually assaulting ladies, victim blaming is still at rage!! Women not speaking up as wel is a problem too!!

you mean feminism is actually about rapes and not gender equality?

BTW women also rape and harass people just that it's rare compared to men..

you suddenly became silent..

#No hard feelings
Re: What Are American And British Feminists Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 11:53am On May 01, 2018
My observation is this, feminism started out as wanting a seat at the table, equal rights. Now it has changed to usurping the need for a man's place in society at all.

I don't agree with it at all, but thats where we are headed.

1 Like

Re: What Are American And British Feminists Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 11:57am On May 01, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:
A time will come when those white men will start getting married to African women so long they're educated.

This is already happening. There are websites dedicated to men looking for African women, Asian, and east european bc of this. The problem is within 5 yrs of getting imported, the women adapt and become a product of their environment.

Basically in tthe west, especially one has to wear their values, cultural or religious like cellophane, cuz they will get stripped.
Re: What Are American And British Feminists Really Fighting For? by shaybebaby(f): 11:58am On May 01, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

you mean if he run back to Nigeria, the lady can still contest pre-nups?
Yup, assets can be frozen, and people's biggest assets are usually properties, cars and Bank accounts. All of which you can be denied access to until the matter is resolved.

Such persons had better be ready to have ALL their assets in Nigeria where things can be fudged. But try that ish here and later get found out you lied?

Anyways, I don't even know why you people shout assets upandan. Everything owned when married is considered matrimonial property regardless of who brought what in. And that is NOT gender specific.

1 Like

Re: What Are American And British Feminists Really Fighting For? by Kimcutie: 12:02pm On May 01, 2018
Rubbish Feminazis. Either way, the law is only their saviour, not physical strength.
Re: What Are American And British Feminists Really Fighting For? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 12:06pm On May 01, 2018
shaybebaby:

Yup, assets can be frozen, and people's biggest assets are usually properties, cars and Bank accounts. All of which you can be denied access to until the matter is resolved.

Such persons had better be ready to have ALL their assets in Nigeria where things can be fudged. But try that ish here and later get found out you lied?

Anyways, I don't even know why you people shout assets upandan. Everything owned when married is considered matrimonial property regardless of who brought what in. And that is NOT gender specific.
he meant a scenario where the man has relocated all his assets..

like he said, it's not normal for a man to share properties with a lady who contributed nothing towards acquiring those properties
Re: What Are American And British Feminists Really Fighting For? by shaybebaby(f): 12:14pm On May 01, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

he meant a scenario where the man has relocated all his assets..

like he said, it's not normal for a man to share properties with a lady who contributed nothing towards acquiring those properties
How does one relocate all his assets across borders without the spouse knowing?

Any smart spouse, once they have seen the writing on the wall would take legal steps to ensure that does not happen.

You think it's easy to move stuff here? The scenario can only happen in Africa. Try that here and get ready to be exiled from this country forever. The moment you step foot here, you'll be served.

Move assets my ass, even the tax man has a share in it. (capital gains tax)

2 Likes

Re: What Are American And British Feminists Really Fighting For? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:01pm On May 01, 2018
shaybebaby:

How does one relocate all his assets across borders without the spouse knowing?

Any smart spouse, once they have seen the writing on the wall would take legal steps to ensure that does not happen.

You think it's easy to move stuff here? The scenario can only happen in Africa. Try that here and get ready to be exiled from this country forever. The moment you step foot here, you'll be served.

Move assets my ass, even the tax man has a share in it. (capital gains tax)

I pity the young Africans getting married there...

imagine sharing my property with a lady?? I'm I mad??

I'm beginning to know the real motives behind feminism..
it can't and will never work in Africa.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mother Is A B*tch! She Betrayed My Father & Wants To Control Me - Lady / Nairaland Guys And Careers / Help!!! It Seems My Girlfriend Is Cheating On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.