Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. (30638 Views)

Nigeria's Mafia, Cultists In Germany: A DW Documentary (Video) / Ex-Emzor Worker Who Sold Codeine To BBC Arrested (Photo) / Emzor Sales Rep Caught In Illegal Codeine Sale By Undercover Reporters (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by dreamwords: 7:48am On May 01, 2018
BBC might just employ him
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Sunnynwa: 7:49am On May 01, 2018
inoki247:
oyinbo b doin lik God where dem get d Formula to create d drug,.. my Nigga in UK still go to dere Store to buy Tramadol i was like eh eh ...

Shut up, Tramadol is not sold OTC in the UK.

3 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:50am On May 01, 2018
So101:
if you’re aware of the abuse you’d be glad to hear news like this, because it’s really terrible. So I’ll take it that you don’t know! Tramadol, rohypnol, codiene and marijuana are all epidemics killing our youths slowly

Bad habits and poor social input are killing our youths, those drugs didn't jump into their hands, they youths embraced them.

You can't take away something good because a lot of people are abusing it.

Tramadol is a high level pain reliever and should not be over the counter.
Rophynol is a hard drug and should be banned
Matijuana is illegal and has always been.

But codeine is the active ingredients in cough medicine, this article will only make it more difficult to get, there is a reason why some drugs are over the counter,

Like hell, there was a time people were addicted to kolanut, cigarette is more harmful and most people abuse nescafe.

3 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by talk2percy(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2018
Muslims ban and sees alcoholic drinks as haram buh soak themselves with codeine. Issorite!
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by OboOlora(f): 7:52am On May 01, 2018
If they suspend the sales o LF Emzolyn, then I pity their revenue. This is because 80% of their sales come from emzolyn and paracetamol

3 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Duggedised12(f): 7:54am On May 01, 2018
abumeinben:
Lol.

I guess they'll have to sack all sales rep with overboard targets.

I'm patiently waiting for his side of the story. Emzor might be on the verge of losing market integrity.

The fact that they sacked him outrightly means emzor sells codiene, simple!

At least a damage control would do. Maybe to frame him as a non-direct contract field agent (+_+)(+_+)(+_+)(+_+). Just like our FG does it. Emzor just hit a solid Rock. Sacking him does more damage.

Emzor sells codiene. Codiene is bad. Therefore, shall we now say Emzor is..... lipsrsealed
and cough syrup with codeine is an over the counter drug and is not illegal, the only problem here is the rep wanted to use the back door without proper documentation.

The only thing I see here is for drug retail outlets to request for prescription before selling it, simple.

2 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Nackzy: 7:54am On May 01, 2018
Chai someones Dad husband and soruce of livelihood
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Lexusgs430: 7:55am On May 01, 2018
It takes BBC to go undercover reporting in Nigeria..... It speaks volumes.....
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by inoki247: 7:57am On May 01, 2018
Sunnynwa:

idiot argue with fact mumu
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Duggedised12(f): 7:57am On May 01, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Bad habits and poor social input are killing our youths, those drugs didn't jump into their hands, they youths embraced them.

But codeine is the active ingredients in cough medicine, this article will only make it more difficult to get, there is a reason why some drugs are over the counter,

Like hell, there was a time people were addicted to kolanut, cigarette is more harmful and most people abuse nescafe.
Exactly, as a human being, you are solely responsible for your actions. Only minors and people with down syndrome are exempted.

Honestly I don't see why manufacturers are being dragged. undecided

1 Like

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Lexusgs430: 7:57am On May 01, 2018
Sunnynwa:

OTC to some might mean One Time Concussion........
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Nobody: 7:59am On May 01, 2018
Duggedised12:
and cough syrup with codeine is an over the counter drug and is no illegal, the only problem here is the rep wanted to use the back door without proper documentation.

The only thing I see here is for drug retail outlets to request for prescription before selling it, simple.

The solution you outline ,so simple, so right!
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Lexusgs430: 8:00am On May 01, 2018
inoki247:
oyinbo b doin lik God where dem get d Formula to create d drug,.. my Nigga in UK still go to dere Store to buy Tramadol i was like eh eh ...

Yes he can buy tramadol OTC. Did he also tell you he had a medical prescription for the purchase?
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by BenzEne1(m): 8:00am On May 01, 2018
talk2percy:
Muslims ban and sees alcoholic drinks as haram buh soak themselves with codeine. Issorite!

You so called anti-islamist never miss a chance to appear foolish. Its time we tell it to your faces that you are f¤ckn hypocrites.
There is a difference between Northerners and Muslims. Stop displaying ignorance thinking its cunning knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Shuttua: 8:00am On May 01, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Wrong move.

They should have allowed this to cool down before making a statement.
Except the so-called sales rep has been heavily settled or threatened, He will damage Emzors reputation beyond recognition.

Such high level acts, don't go without the involvements of factory workers, managers and security personnels in the company.

That being said, cough medicine is an over the counter drugs and it is not illegal.
The BBC should not come and cause a storm where there is none,
There are people who are addicted to paracetamol, a lot of British youths get wasted on nitrous oxide which is not illegal.

The sales rep might have been doing illegal transactions but he never sold anything illegal.
Though codeine is not illegal, its a controlled drug and its sales is always monitored
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by jackomagnus(m): 8:01am On May 01, 2018
You are quite unintelligent. QED

Proudlyngwa:
Wrong move.

Except the so-called sales rep has been heavily settled or threatened, He will damage Emzors reputation beyond recognition.

Such high level acts, don't go without the involvements of factory workers, managers and security personnels in the company.

That being said, cough medicine is an over the counter drugs and it is not illegal.
There are people who are addicted to paracetamol, a lot of British youths get wasted on nitrous oxide which is not illegal.

The sales rep might have been doing illegal transactions but he never sold anything illegal.
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by otswag(m): 8:01am On May 01, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Wrong move.

u obviously do not understand how potentially damaging the issue can be to their reputation. A sales rep of a reputable pharmaceutical company being caught on camera essentially drug dealing using their own pruducts? It would have be stupid and irresponsible of them to not respond swiftly. They would have being ruined by negative press and their competitors would have gladly sponsored and fueled the media outrage. At least now, they can claim ignorance and their prompt action against the sales rep can be used to reassure the public of their reputation.

2 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Nobody: 8:02am On May 01, 2018
Positivepoint:

Emzor pharmaceuticals deserved to be sued.. looks like the company has been cashing on this illegal drug trade. Lets meet in court...

Oga calm down and don't be naive. I can confidently tell you that Emzor places a very high priority on the product. It is not so much produced & there is always heavy security presence during its entire production. So I wonder where the former sales rep wanted to get the quality he claimed he ll be able to supply. Be guided pls...

1 Like

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by KevinDein: 8:03am On May 01, 2018
So101:
if you’re aware of the abuse you’d be glad to hear news like this, because it’s really terrible. So I’ll take it that you don’t know! Tramadol, rohypnol, codiene and marijuana are all epidemics killing our youths slowly

Most people feeling sorry for the sales rep or making it look like he is some kind of a victim have no idea the dangers of drug abuse in the society.
They are unaware of the fact that criminals carry out their crimes usually under the influence of hard drugs.

It's ignorance so I'll excuse them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Nobody: 8:04am On May 01, 2018
inoki247:

idiot argue with fact mumu

Tramadol is available in the UK, only on presenting a doctor's prescription, not over the counter.

Your friend probably has a chronic pain condition that necessitates his being on tramadol.

Even here in Nigeria, the only time I have used tramadol was when a doc prescribed it for me for an injury.and even then I used it for 3 days.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/896913/Tramadol-what-is-it-illegal-to-use
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by KevinDein: 8:05am On May 01, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

You write pretty well but you are displaying so much ignorance on this subject.
Trust me, you don't know what you are saying.
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by inoki247: 8:06am On May 01, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Yes he can buy tramadol OTC. Did he also tell you he had a medical prescription for the purchase?
i dont know about dt.... i just know e even snapped and sent d pics to me... this is a news that people love it over there too..

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by bigtt76(f): 8:06am On May 01, 2018
I disagree with you. I just watched the video now and the sales rep was actually boasting that even if an addict does not have money, s/he is ready to part with the keys to their vehicle.

That statement alone is the major factor leading to his sack. He was selling straight to the end-user. Pharmaceutical companies do not sell to end-users directly but to registered and licensed pharmacies who now dispense to the public.

Cough medicines WITHOUT codeine is off-the shelf BUT not one with Codeine!

Emzor too must be sanctioned, you don't employ non-pharmacists to help sell drugs .....they would do anything just for the money!

Proudlyngwa:
Wrong move.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Mckandre(m): 8:09am On May 01, 2018
u
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by inoki247: 8:09am On May 01, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Tramadol is available in the UK, only on presenting a doctor's prescription, not over the counter.

Your friend probably has a chronic pain condition that necessitates his being on tramadol.

Even here in Nigeria, the only time I have used tramadol was when a doc prescribed it for me for an injury.and even then I used it for 3 days.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/896913/Tramadol-what-is-it-illegal-to-use

daz in your own area I Dont need any Dr to giv me any report before i will buy it anywhere..
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Horus(m): 8:10am On May 01, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG9QfEA1yfg

Nigeria's Dangerous Street Drug Epidemic

2 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by pxjosh(m): 8:12am On May 01, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Wrong move.

Such high level acts, don't go without the involvements of factory workers, managers and security personnel in the company.

Cough medicines containing codeine are not over the counter drugs, but prescription only medicine. I think it's important this is spelled out for all to see.
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Roger3D(m): 8:13am On May 01, 2018
Take a look at all these shameless ibos defending their drug dealer brother saying he did nothing wrong. Am I surprised? No because criminality runs in their DNA

2 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by abumeinben(m): 8:14am On May 01, 2018
Duggedised12:
and cough syrup with codeine is an over the counter drug and is not illegal, the only problem here is the rep wanted to use the back door without proper documentation.

The rep had to meet target bruh. You need to see the video, how passionate he was, to impress his supervisor.
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Lexusgs430: 8:14am On May 01, 2018
inoki247:

i dont know about dt.... i just know e even snapped and sent d pics to me... this is a news that people love it over there too..

If it was stolen, does not mean it can be legally sold over the counter nah......

It would be a sold on the black market/exported.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Poly Student Loses Left Eye From Robber’s Bullet In Delta (Graphic Pic) / Nigerian Bags A One-year Jail Term For Operating A Fraudulent Facebook Account / Missing Man Found Dead In A River In Imo (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.