Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. (30599 Views)

Nigeria's Mafia, Cultists In Germany: A DW Documentary (Video) / Ex-Emzor Worker Who Sold Codeine To BBC Arrested (Photo) / Emzor Sales Rep Caught In Illegal Codeine Sale By Undercover Reporters (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by naptu2: 6:55am On May 01, 2018
A BBC documentary titled “Sweet Sweet Codeine” recently exposed the problem of codeine addiction amongst Nigerian youths and the drug dealers that fuel this addiction. In the documentary, a sales representative of Emzor Pharmaceuticals was caught on camera illegally selling codeine to the BBC’s undercover reporter and boasting about how the drugs that he was supplying them were “straight from the oven”.

See the previous threads here
Emzor Sales Rep Caught In Illegal Codeine Sale By Undercover Reporters (VIDEO)
https://www.nairaland.com/4479594/emzor-sales-rep-caught-illegal

Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation
https://www.nairaland.com/4479778/secrets-nigerias-illicit-codeine-trade

Emzor Pharmaceuticals has now released a statement about the documentary.

Emzor Pharmaceutical Industries Limited

Emzor Pharmaceuticals is a responsible and ethical company with over 120 lines including Emzolyn with Codeine under licence from NAFDAC. Emzor is treating the findings of the BBC documentary with the upmost seriousness and has launched a full and through investigation. Emzor adheres fully to the documentation guidelines for the handling, production, storing and distribution of products containing codeine.

Our staff are trained on the controlled status of codeine and codeine products and supply guidelines. Emzor is not involved in the direct sales to individual members of the public. Emzor does not sanction the supply of Emzolyn with Codeine in any way that breaches the Dangerous Drugs Act or NAFDAC guidelines. Emzor’s daily production is below 0.5% of the reported estimated daily amounts of codeine reportedly consumed in Kano and Jigawa States. The Sales Rep depicted in the BBC video was initially placed on suspension and has now been summarily dismissed following an investigation. Any representations made by the Sales Rep are in breach of company policy and ethics and were undertaken independently by him.

The distribution of Emzolyn with Codeine has been suspended pending the results of a full and thorough internal investigation. We hope the findings of the documentary will shed further light on the extent and impact of the illicit trade and consumption of codeine. We hope that full stakeholder engagement will result in impactful action against the abuse, smuggling and faking of drugs on the continent.
Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/emzornigeria/

https://m.facebook.com/emzornigeria/posts/10156408434064138

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:58am On May 01, 2018
Wrong move.

They should have allowed this to cool down before making a statement.
Except the so-called sales rep has been heavily settled or threatened, He will damage Emzors reputation beyond recognition.

Such high level acts, don't go without the involvements of factory workers, managers and security personnels in the company.

That being said, cough medicine is an over the counter drugs and it is not illegal.
The BBC should not come and cause a storm where there is none,
There are people who are addicted to paracetamol, a lot of British youths get wasted on nitrous oxide which is not illegal.

The sales rep might have been doing illegal transactions but he never sold anything illegal.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:58am On May 01, 2018
His village people finally succeeded in his case sad

8 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Nobody: 7:03am On May 01, 2018
The distribution of Emzolyn with Codeine has been suspended pending the results of a full and thorough internal investigation.

The UK also has very high opiate consumption amongst it's youth. Let them remove the toothpick in their own eyes before coming down here to ruin a reputable company's name.

That said, that sales rep doesn't know the first rule of an illegal transaction.
*Trust no one and never give all the details.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by inoki247: 7:35am On May 01, 2018
oyinbo b doin lik God where dem get d Formula to create d drug,.. my Nigga in UK still go to dere Store to buy Tramadol i was like eh eh ...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by miracle956: 7:35am On May 01, 2018
thats defamation
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Offpoint: 7:36am On May 01, 2018
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by teamsynergy: 7:36am On May 01, 2018
uk that is he hq of Europe's drug netowrk is forming fbi in naija..

25 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by NaijaMutant(f): 7:36am On May 01, 2018
We all know that Emzor is only making a face saving attempt.

In as much as the drug production and supply to the market is not illegal.

It is clear that the company is cashing on the high drug abuse in the north for its own gain and thereby complicit.

There's nothing illegal about this, its only a matter of ethics.

9 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Whogoblog: 7:37am On May 01, 2018
grin
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Lomprico2: 7:37am On May 01, 2018
Good
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by SalamRushdie: 7:38am On May 01, 2018
I knew that girly was going to get the boot but the truth is that today in Nigeria all the pharmaceuticals the produce codeine based cough syrups market it as a narcotic instead of a simple cough remedy and they all smiling to the bank

6 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by itiswellandwell: 7:38am On May 01, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2018
Let's see how things unfolds
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2018
cry He's back to the labour market. Sowry.

Check my signature if you want a professional website design without the advanced payments
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by diebuhari1: 7:40am On May 01, 2018
Hausa people want to spoil the name of this reputable pharmaceutical company owned by an Igbo woman.

No Yoruba Muslim should quote me please

16 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Nobody: 7:40am On May 01, 2018
r
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Mutemenot(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2018
Everybody reacting . Even emzor codeine is reacting over there in the north grin

1 Like

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by abumeinben(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2018
Lol.

I guess they'll have to sack all sales rep with overboard targets.

I'm patiently waiting for his side of the story. Emzor might be on the verge of losing market integrity.

The fact that they sacked him outrightly means emzor sells codiene, simple!

At least a damage control would do. Maybe to frame him as a non-direct contract field agent (+_+)(+_+)(+_+)(+_+). Just like our FG does it. Emzor just hit a solid Rock. Sacking him does more damage.

Emzor sells codiene. Codiene is bad. Therefore, shall we now say Emzor is..... lipsrsealed

Yewandequeen:
is a science company grin

Na you talk am grin

6 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by FrenchWay: 7:41am On May 01, 2018
Damage control.

They ll still reemploy him
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Nobody: 7:41am On May 01, 2018
That's a thoughtful response
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by So101: 7:42am On May 01, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Wrong move.

They should have allowed this to cool down before making a statement.
Except the so-called sales rep has been heavily settled or threatened, He will damage Emzors reputation beyond recognition.

Such high level acts, don't go without the involvements of factory workers, managers and security personnels in the company.

That being said, cough medicine is an over the counter drugs and it is not illegal.
The BBC should not come and cause a storm where there is none,
There are people who are addicted to paracetamol, a lot of British youths get wasted on nitrous oxide which is not illegal.

The sales rep might have been doing illegal transactions but he never sold anything illegal.
if you’re aware of the abuse you’d be glad to hear news like this, because it’s really terrible. So I’ll take it that you don’t know! Tramadol, rohypnol, codiene and marijuana are all epidemics killing our youths slowly

12 Likes

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Positivepoint(m): 7:43am On May 01, 2018
naptu2:
A BBC documentary titled “Sweet Sweet Codeine” recently exposed the problem of codeine addiction amongst Nigerian youths and the drug dealers that fuel this addiction. In the documentary, a sales representative of Emzor Pharmaceuticals was caught on camera illegally selling codeine to the BBC’s undercover reporter and boasting about how the drugs that he was supplying them were “straight from the oven”.

See the previous threads here
Emzor Sales Rep Caught In Illegal Codeine Sale By Undercover Reporters (VIDEO)
https://www.nairaland.com/4479594/emzor-sales-rep-caught-illegal

Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation
https://www.nairaland.com/4479778/secrets-nigerias-illicit-codeine-trade

Emzor Pharmaceuticals has now released a statement about the documentary.

https://www.facebook.com/emzornigeria/

https://m.facebook.com/emzornigeria/posts/10156408434064138

Emzor pharmaceuticals deserved to be sued.. looks like the company has been cashing on this illegal drug trade. Lets meet in court...

1 Like

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by MuyiRano(m): 7:43am On May 01, 2018
Like for Buhari
Share for Codeine.

Well lemme quick use this opportunity share mah testimony.
Before the start of this just concluded #BBN I've vowed not to waste any kb of my data on any #BBN news this year and God helped me through. Praise the Lord. lol

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by slapacha: 7:44am On May 01, 2018
W
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Igba123: 7:45am On May 01, 2018
The sales' rep has just been scape-goated. Period!

1 Like

Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by RichDad1(m): 7:46am On May 01, 2018
Saving face. cheesy
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by ibkgab001: 7:47am On May 01, 2018
Working system.

What a wonderful movement .. if i were to be the sales rep I would sue the whole company to court God punish them
Re: Emzor Reacts To BBC Documentary. Sacks Sales Rep. by Nobody: 7:48am On May 01, 2018
This is someone's papa trying to make ends meet, yet he's been sacked for trying to get behind the curtain and make extra cash!

I'm so tired of this country's setting. someone who's just giving people what they want, yet fuelling their own urge to get food on his table for himself, wife and children.

This is a wrong image protection by Emzor, we know how they sell these drugs through the back door, how are they going to meet the unrealistic target you gave 'em without trying to run-smart the system.

Human right activists should take this up and fight for these man so that he can be paid for his worries and for using his own name to clean the mess of Emzor.

please, I have right to my opinions. I still blame all these on a non working government.

Drabeey was HERE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goat Thieves Caught In Anambra And Paraded With The Goats They Stole (photo) / #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail / All My Kidnappers Spoke Fluent Yoruba — Ekiti Oil Magnate, Akinbami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.