Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Answers Please! Can Agents Be Trusted In Helping Me Apply For US Visa? Any Risk? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Answers Please! Can Agents Be Trusted In Helping Me Apply For US Visa? Any Risk? (822 Views)

My Brother Wants To Apply For Uzbekistan Visa, Any Info About The Country? / I'll Take Any Risk To Leave Nigeria -man Caught Trying To Illegally Enter Europe / Young Girl Helping Her Mum Fry Yam And Akara Crushed By Jeep In Owerri. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answers Please! Can Agents Be Trusted In Helping Me Apply For US Visa? Any Risk? by Kwambe1(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2018
Hi,

A friend of mine who works as a Distribution substation operator in one of the Discos wants to travel to the US as a tourist.

He's currently on a salary of about 60k, he's being working with the company for about a year and 6 months and he's about 25yrs.

What are your advises since he's employed the services of an agent?
Re: Answers Please! Can Agents Be Trusted In Helping Me Apply For US Visa? Any Risk? by Solidkay(m): 10:35am On May 01, 2018
Odikwa risky.
seeing is believing.
Re: Answers Please! Can Agents Be Trusted In Helping Me Apply For US Visa? Any Risk? by HeWrites(m): 10:43am On May 01, 2018
Very risky.

Look for USA visa application thread here in this section, you will still loads of information on how to do it yourself with using agent.

Agents will milk you dry.
Re: Answers Please! Can Agents Be Trusted In Helping Me Apply For US Visa? Any Risk? by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 01, 2018
HeWrites:
Very risky.

Look for USA visa application thread here in this section, you will still loads of information on how to do it yourself with using agent.

Agents will milk you dry.
What about if the person has no sure job there or any family member? Hope you know you need an offer letter ?
Re: Answers Please! Can Agents Be Trusted In Helping Me Apply For US Visa? Any Risk? by dutchy313(m): 5:29am On May 02, 2018
Kwambe1:
Hi,

A friend of mine who works as a Distribution substation operator in one of the Discos wants to travel to the US as a tourist.
He is eligible to travel to the US as a tourist

He's currently on a salary of about 60k, he's being working with the company for about a year and 6 months and he's about 25yrs.
I know friends and colleagues that have travelled to the US having the same bio data

What are your advises since he's employed the services of an agent?

At first, I will not advise him to make use of travel agents. I will think he is still young and should be able to read and write. Nevertheless, since he has employed the services of an agent, If it is possible, he should tell the agent to fill in his correct and true details in the DS-160 form. He should request that his username and password to the DS-160 form be made available to him before submission of the DS-160 form.

I will also advise him to read and ask questions here - https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3 and https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed Badly / How Much Will It Cost For Qatar Working Visa, Including Every / If You Glimpsed At This then I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.