Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria (30029 Views)

Drug Abuse: Slaymama Poses With Bottles Of Codeine Syrup And Milk. / NDLEA Seizes Trailer Truck Of Codeine Drugs In Katsina (Photo) / 3m Bottles Of Codeine-containing Syrup Consumed Daily In Kano, Jigwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Ezyp(m): 3:36pm On May 01, 2018
majamajic:
nice one govt. ... after u can't die of cough !!!!
Yes o. If cough do person make the person take priton and vitamin c
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 01, 2018
Science students will not like this news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 01, 2018
This problem has always been there. They kept on paying lip service to it.

Then,the big BBC came to town and talked to loud-mouthed sales rep and every one high up there has been stung into action... all it took was a harmless documentary and now,everyone up there wants to be seen to be 'working' all of a sudden.

Too bad.

Why do they keep doing things this way though?

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by wehdone(m): 3:40pm On May 01, 2018
thaoriginator:
me hate tramadol man.. Di bloodclaat ting a make man a vomit like a modafoka.. a mi prefer Rophynol a anyweh. It make a man feel highery enuh. a rasclaat nafdac a p u s s y deh..

I have plenty of circles (roaches)! If u wanna kill yourself, I help you do it.
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by jrusky(m): 3:42pm On May 01, 2018
Better
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by wehdone(m): 3:42pm On May 01, 2018
PointZerom:

They banned it because of Northern youths that are addicted to it nothing more.

We will still produce it and send it up North. They neva cheechuntin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by deji17: 3:43pm On May 01, 2018
All in the interest of protecting Nigerian youth. Buhari means well.
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by KratosCorp: 3:43pm On May 01, 2018
A typical knee-jack reaction from Nigerian politicians. See how they handle policy issues with political gloves.

Mynd44:
Well done. We have just created a new way for criminals to make money; illegal importation of codeine and manufacture of (substandard) codeine.

And have found a way to remove codeine so that the freaks addicted to it can go find something else to get addicted to

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by horsepower101: 3:44pm On May 01, 2018
Anything can be abused. Northern youths also inhale petrol.

Are we going to ban petrol and start using electric cars?

There is going to be more things to be banned in the future if this pattern persists.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by lastempero: 3:45pm On May 01, 2018
Roger3D:
We all know your people have a close affinity with drug dealing, but be rest assured the prisons will be filled with your kind

I will still drill ur little sister n babe with the money gotten from codeine deals and probably get an iPhone for theme's if they play their game well.
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 01, 2018
Mynd44:
Well done. We have just created a new way for criminals to make money; illegal importation of codeine and manufacture of (substandard) codeine.

And have found a way to remove codeine so that the freaks addicted to it can go find something else to get addicted to

Bros, I couldn't agree more. Now drug dealers will simply add codeine to their list of products. Outright banning reeks of stupidity. Just because the BBC airs a documentary, the ministry is jumping into badly thought conclusions.
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 01, 2018
KratosCorp:
A typical knee-jack reaction from Nigerian politicians. See how they handle policy issues with political gloves.

Knee-jack reaction is the word. They ve always known about this very issue but they carried on neglecting it until the BBC came to town to talk about it.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by LZAA: 3:49pm On May 01, 2018
ovadozes:
This is about the best antitussive in the world, now it will no longer be available for people that really need it.
Shame on today's youths!!!
i swear i dont see wat ppl see in codeine
used to buy benilyn 600 for cough so two years ago i wanted to buy it but the chemist kept looking at me strangely and then told me it's 1200
omo since then i've stuck to vicks or robb
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by obidevine(m): 3:51pm On May 01, 2018
Mynd44:

Very true
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 3:52pm On May 01, 2018
thaoriginator:
me hate tramadol man.. Di bloodclaat ting a make man a vomit like a modafoka.. a mi prefer Rophynol a anyweh. It make a man feel highery enuh. a rasclaat nafdac a p u s s y deh..
stop the drug abuse ,brother........kidney failure and lung cancer are the consequences
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by dmexy33: 3:52pm On May 01, 2018
Drugs is a rational response to insanity.
80 of drug abusers do it because of the insane world we live in today.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Lomprico2: 3:52pm On May 01, 2018
Egein:
We are always reactive instead of being proactive? It has taken the colonial BBC to tell us of our own problem before we decided to own up to, and do something about, it; such slavish mentality.

If proactive measures aren't taken to criminalize the consumption and selling of these drugs, then the ban has only succeeded in worsening things - Codeine will be further demystified, thus becoming more expensive; this is a sure way of building deadlier cartels and criminal empires.

In summary, Buhari is at fault.

Dont mind the lazy leaders, always waiting for someone to do what they suppose to be doing. Are they just knowing about the abuse of codeine now?

Am waiting for another bbc undercover report on tramadol so that the lazy FG will ban that one too.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by thaoriginator: 3:53pm On May 01, 2018
wehdone:

I have plenty of circles (roaches)! If u wanna kill yourself, I help you do it.
wehfone sire! Mi nuh suicidal p u s s y claat man a badman mi nuh crack-head.. So mi a seh, yuh fi shove it up inna yuh bumbahole deh..
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 3:54pm On May 01, 2018
Why did it take them so long and BBC documentary to do this ... many useless pharmaceuticals have already made 100s of billions from the illicit trade

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Awoleesu(m): 3:54pm On May 01, 2018
Nigeria My Country!

It took a BBC documentary for the FG to wake up to her responsibilities!

Meanwhile local voices had been loud for long against the menace, but trust Naija! Na only foreign shame dey catch us...

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by africanusvu(m): 3:55pm On May 01, 2018
Let them bank it in their Northern Hausa/Fulani region.here in d he south.Codeine have been.is.and will always be cough syrup.Not only codeine.there at yet more to bank there including SOLUTION
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by thaoriginator: 3:55pm On May 01, 2018
martineverest:
stop the drug abuse ,brother........kidney failure and lung cancer are the consequences
mi nuh drug abuser breda man. a mi responsible fi di ting weh me do..
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by BigBen10: 3:55pm On May 01, 2018
Mynd44:

Isn't this what a responsible parent/govt would do for his child/nation? What would you advocate they do instead?
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 3:57pm On May 01, 2018
thaoriginator:
mi nuh drug abuser breda man. a mi responsible fi di ting weh me do..
ok

stop taking rophynol.......
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by sartorius(m): 3:58pm On May 01, 2018
I support it's only gotten through Drs presription
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 3:58pm On May 01, 2018
thaoriginator:
What's the problem FG? So which syrup I go dey use now for cough?! Abeg make una no ban Tuxil C, Pakhalin and Emzor oh.. Abeg oh.. I'm on a codeine diet o! cry
butter kola is ok to fight cough.

take antibiotics
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 01, 2018
freshghost:
This is just a lip service solution to the problem of addiction in the country.

The underlying causes of the abuses hitherto addiction must be addressed.

You marry a 13year old girl to a 55year old man, no way such a girl will not find delight in reality distorting substance. Or is it that boy whose parent rely on him to sale 100 mangoes in the night before the entire family can eat? Or is it the young man who after NYSC has been on the street for nearly 4years without job?

The country is simply unbearable and those who can't bear the heat resort to drug abuse to dodge the reality.

Fix the economy and most things will fall in place. Productive and happy people hardly do drugs.
we call it escapy drugs

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Bishopsgate(m): 3:59pm On May 01, 2018
Like many a writers have written here, this is not a solution to the addiction problem neither is this ban a well thought out action by the FG.

It's simply a knee jerk reaction to the BBC expose and that tells you the type of people We have at the helm of affairs.

Do you know that many Local TV And radio stations has done exposes and documentaries on codeine abuse that the government totally ignored?

So because it's bbc that did this it's time to take such a rash action. It's the same thing we do in other spheres, if it's from the west then it is the way to go, if it's from the west then it must be adhered to. It's just us blacks being silly!!

Most Effective pain killers in the world are opiods which extremely addictive. Can you ban them because people are abusing it? Can you do surgeries without them? How many substances dem go ban?

Instead of tightening controls on the sales and distribution of the effective cough treatment they are banning it out right - it's a drug and except where it is proven that it's regulated and proper use has serious side effects it should not have been banned simply because some troubled youth are abusing it.

Can they ban beer or spirits which are not even drugs? Can they ban cigarettes?

We are so foolish as a country I can't even begin to understand it anymore walahi!!

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Bishopsgate(m): 4:02pm On May 01, 2018
sartorius:
I support it's only gotten through Drs presription

God bless you my brother. This is all that needs to be done!!!

Fg always likes sensationalism and the easy ( and most times) wrong way out!!!
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Hen2tek: 4:03pm On May 01, 2018
hehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seun Omobo Emerges Chairperson Of The FIP-YPG / 160 New COVID-19 Cases,291 Discharged And No Deaths On August 28 - (3780 Tested) / Kolaqalagbo Bitters | Kolaq Bitters Sexual Wellness | Kolaq Alagbo Bitters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.