Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria (30021 Views)

Drug Abuse: Slaymama Poses With Bottles Of Codeine Syrup And Milk. / NDLEA Seizes Trailer Truck Of Codeine Drugs In Katsina (Photo) / 3m Bottles Of Codeine-containing Syrup Consumed Daily In Kano, Jigwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 6:02pm On May 01, 2018
Ogunleti01:
Una dey ask me?

Nah u ask me, so who I go ask? This matter wey u see so, e heavy for mouth...............
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Horus(m): 6:14pm On May 01, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG9QfEA1yfg

Codeine, Nigeria's Dangerous Street Drug Epidemic
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by miceroms: 6:32pm On May 01, 2018
Knee-jerk response like every other thing in the country.
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 7:09pm On May 01, 2018
wehdone:
shocked
*Illegal importation of codeine-containing syrups from Benin republic
*Wrong labelling... Eg, labelling codeine-containing substances as dextromethorpha. This is Nigeria, nobody checks the composition on drugs sad

*Creating unemployment for Nigerians, shifting opportunities for employment to neighbouring countries.

*BBC that did that documentary has helped uk-based manufacturers to increase their importation to Nigeria... Pfizer, GSK, Becham, etc. They will produce same, and ship into tge country.

Leaders without foresight

Not far from the truth.

After leaving the European Union, what Britain is scheming is how to control the economy of their former colonies. Everyday, all I do is watch it unfold.

With an unenlightened president frequenting London, this is all about creating room for British interests to henceforth, be the supplier of certain pharmaceutical products into Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 01, 2018
I drank codeine cough syrup once and the effect made me stop using cough syrup for a very long time now.
Hardly ever suffer from cough but if I have the symptoms, I will use bitter kola. I will always have bitter kola around me cos it's the ultimate respiratory track cleanser.

It has saved me trips to the hospitals cos of respiratory infections with the kids.

Just store ad many as possible inside the fridge.
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 01, 2018
It will not work in Nigeria. The Minister of Health is just blowing grammer, with the much money that we have in illicit drugs in the country, the entire enforcement apparatus will soon be compromised to allow everything to return to business as usual.

Come back to my post in one month and prove me wrong.
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by prince2pac(m): 7:39pm On May 01, 2018
Me listening to J Cole Ft Kill Edward Friends. ... and looking at all these drug addicts like..... menh you got nothing to offer
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by BetaThings: 7:49pm On May 01, 2018
horsepower101:
Anything can be abused. Northern youths also inhale petrol.

Are we going to ban petrol and start using electric cars?

There is going to be more things to be banned in the future if this pattern persists.

PointZerom:

They banned it because of Northern youths that are addicted to it nothing more.

So the guys here are from the North?
Or it is only Northern youths that listen to Olamide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG9QfEA1yfg
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by BetaThings: 7:49pm On May 01, 2018
lastempero:

For ur little mind abi,make I tell u d truth FG is about to create more billionaires down east.

wehdone:

Tell them. I am moving to Anambra soon... Money must be made! Cough must be treated!!!

You will also create some addicts in your region
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by wehdone(m): 7:50pm On May 01, 2018
BetaThings:

Is it ur addict? tongue

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by BetaThings: 7:51pm On May 01, 2018
wehdone:

When shipped illegally, the price will drop! The reason for the hike in price before now was because of Government policies! Tax, licence, etc. Now all those will be removed, the demand still very high... They will crash d price.

Imagine selling 1,000,000 bottles per day, at 50naira profit... Bros u will make 50milla per day. The day they catch you, you count your losses.

I have to start looki g for how to manufacture codeine based cough syrup... I mean, we must treat stubborn cough naa... I'm helping to solve a problem wink

Hard work, right?
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by BetaThings: 7:57pm On May 01, 2018
Baroba:
Cluelessness, When a government lacks the know how to control a drug, it quickly resorts to banning because the almighty beeb came to town.. Codeine is a legally prescribed drug used in pain management for goodness sake!!.. The alternative might no be as efficient..

Some people genuinely need codeine for pain control, what happens to them. Everything in Nigeria is ban ban ban, kill kill kill...

Your suggestion?
Note that an employee of Emzor was recorded in that documentary selling codeine illegally
Nigerians are too crooked
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by BetaThings: 7:59pm On May 01, 2018
wehdone:

Is it ur addict? tongue

I was under the impression that when people speak of marginalisation I am supposed to pay attention and not say, "is it my marginalisation?"

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by lastempero: 8:09pm On May 01, 2018
BetaThings:

No my people are too smart for that,its only the ones that wants to destroy their damn life.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by wehdone(m): 8:11pm On May 01, 2018
BetaThings:

Hard work, right?

Oga, I don't know what you are talking about. I chose what I wanna say, I didn't ask your permission. That said, can I have my peace now?
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2018
Finally beginning to the end of the exploitation of our youths by some flat-headed drug pushers.
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by teabing: 10:19pm On May 01, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
just ordinary cough medicine, people started abusing it.nawao.for me I think d addicts we surely get anoda alternative.no b naija we dey
dy r even doing dem good,dextromethorphan(dmx)it less addictive yet d euphoria it gives is even more beta dan codeine, dat sh!t boot confidence like mad.....Some do drugs to escape depression,Dmx act as non selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.Nd it is relatively cheaper compare to codeine,what a welcome development for SCIENCE STUDENT.
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Playforkeeps(m): 11:11pm On May 01, 2018
Level up Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Obainoneandonly(m): 12:00am On May 02, 2018
teabing:
dy r even doing dem good,dextromethorphan(dmx)it less addictive yet d euphoria it gives is even more beta dan codeine, dat sh!t boot confidence like mad.....Some do drugs to escape depression,Dmx act as non selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.Nd it is relatively cheaper compare to codeine,what a welcome development for SCIENCE STUDENT.
(dmx)? this is d first time am hearing it.do they take d whole content just like codeine?
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Roger3D(m): 12:46am On May 02, 2018
LZAA:

i swear i dont see wat ppl see in codeine
used to buy benilyn 600 for cough so two years ago i wanted to buy it but the chemist kept looking at me strangely and then told me it's 1200
omo since then i've stuck to vicks or robb
Oya say thanks to the ibo codeine drug dealer. Ibo Amaka!
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 12:56am On May 02, 2018
Roger3D:

Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link.....
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by mcgift(m): 1:23am On May 02, 2018
I heard some sniff hypo to get high

Abeg is it true
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by LZAA: 1:24am On May 02, 2018
Roger3D:
YorubaAssasin calm down na
at least for ur BP grin
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by mansamusa08(m): 1:48am On May 02, 2018
[quote author=olawonder post=67186124]So govt don’t get to do their jobs until thr’s a major media investigation? No health inspectors, no mass health research, nothing What are the responsibilities of the Ministry of Health? All the stupid not-fit-for-purpose committees in Abuja sitting on billions of naira hv no clue about the deteriorating health problems in the country, until a media organisation showed them what’s going on

That's the kind of positive change that unbiased and investigative journalism can drive.
Our print , electronic and social media should learn from
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by mansamusa08(m): 2:06am On May 02, 2018
musicwriter:

Not far from the truth.

After leaving the European Union, what Britain is scheming is how to control the economy of their former colonies. Everyday, all I do is watch it unfold.

With an unenlightened president frequenting London, this is all about creating room for British interests to henceforth, be the supplier of certain pharmaceutical products into Nigeria.
The high dose of codiene you consume is beginning to becloud your sense of reasoning.
British Media is helping to expose the menance for the lazy youth to be saved but you are busy extending your paranoia from Buhari to British Govt.
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by ensamy(m): 7:07am On May 02, 2018
This will raise the price of codeine containing products and more money for the custom officers and more money for the business men, while they society is destroyed. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by nohateinmyblood: 10:26am On May 02, 2018
on a codeine diet, that is cool the rate at which guys abuse it here in ph is alarming. Wallace, Mr physics and GT take note
Re: BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria by Colemanz(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seun Omobo Emerges Chairperson Of The FIP-YPG / Kolaqalagbo Bitters | Kolaq Bitters Sexual Wellness | Kolaq Alagbo Bitters / 160 New COVID-19 Cases,291 Discharged And No Deaths On August 28 - (3780 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.