Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money (14035 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / How To Set Security Pin On Mtn, Glo Airtel And 9mobile / MTN, 9mobile, Airtel And Glo Important Service Codes You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by mimicue(f): 5:53pm On May 03, 2018
Glo is worse .. they will just be deducting your airtime to subscribe for various things., after I got tired of complaining , I have stopped recharging my phone .. because once I recharge it’s gone , what I do is borrow airtime and pay back . Expect I’m buying data
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by honeyjoyce(f): 5:55pm On May 03, 2018
Na their way
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Iseoluwani: 5:58pm On May 03, 2018
oshe11:
Lol....

Its normal na

I dont even keep airtime in my airtel Sim

What I do is....

Off my data

Load my card

Subscribe for my monthly plan

Switch on my data

AND CONTINUE BROWSING cheesy

PS: WHENEVER I LOAD MY AIRTEL SIM AND FORGET TO SUB INSTANTLY, NA PIPE THEM DEY USE SUCK MY AIRTIMEgrin

Couldnt stop laffing when I saw "Stop Job, Stop Eve, Stop Con"gringrin

Exactly what I do too

3 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Pat081: 6:01pm On May 03, 2018
Airtel I don 4gt about dem since dey re so useless
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Victorakats(m): 6:01pm On May 03, 2018
You can sue them and make cool cash from it. It's not just enough to complain, please seek legal advise
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Twoclans(f): 6:08pm On May 03, 2018
CaesarDon:

If there's something I'm sure of its that I've been meticulous enough not to press ok, that's the main reason I'm upset, I double check before assenting to any option before and after unlocking my phone

Honestly you dont need to press ok for airtel to debit you.They kept deducting N50 daily from my credit.The bad thing about mine was that if i dont recharge the line for three days anyday i recharge they will deduct the back log.

When i got tired,i dumped the sim.I use the sim to receive calls only now.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by gift01: 6:09pm On May 03, 2018
What I do is simple: immediately u load my airtel sim, I just subscribe for data and that's all. No airtime for dem to zap cos I got tired of their wahala

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Emvico34: 6:09pm On May 03, 2018
Na today, airtel is the worst network for now. After airtel na etisalat
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by stfadaanthony(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2018
What the OP said is very very true. mine was #30 on every recharge. I ported from MTN in 2015 because I love airtel service, but I soon regretted it. I called airtel customers service almost everyday,but no solution, to the extent that one of the agent,a lady angrily dropped my call. I was told it was a third party whatever my line was subscribed to,that they do not have direct control over it. was told they will have to contact the third party to deactivate me. When next you call,just tell the agents you want to speak with their supervisor, those agents are too too useless. better still,recorded the conservation and press for charges because I almost did. I know some that have stopped using airtel because of this.

4 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by cutedharmee: 6:14pm On May 03, 2018
This is d deduction by airtel today. Tried stopping the poo but they said cant. Funny enough I didn't even subscribe for any service on ma phone only for me to see dis. These people needs to be checked

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Sagay212: 6:22pm On May 03, 2018
indians are hungry scammers..they will continue to deduct your airtime. go and get yourself mtn line.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by kay29000(m): 6:30pm On May 03, 2018
Men! Me sef I am tired of my airtel line. If not that their internet service is the best in my area in Ibadan, I would have dumped the line since. I will load 200 Naira, and without calling, I will see that it has all gone within a week or so. I will call to complain, and they will say I subscribed for one thing or the other. I will ask them to unsubscribe me, they will do that, but the same thing will happen again the next week.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by xnsandrxns: 6:31pm On May 03, 2018
Thieves
They steal N20 everyday for sh!ts I didn't subscribe for
I can't even keep airtime on the line anymore
NCC should do something about this robbery
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 03, 2018
Twoclans:

Honestly you dont need to press ok for airtel to debit you.They kept deducting N50 daily from my credit.The bad thing about mine was that if i dont recharge the line for three days anyday i recharge they will deduct the back log.

When i got tired,i dumped the sim.I use the sim to receive calls only now.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by olayinkajnr(m): 6:38pm On May 03, 2018
Abang52:
They finish me with that SOCCER15 SCAM
I just throw them one side focus on MTN
But I'm voiceless

Same here. In fact, I got mad to the extent that I broke the Sim and focused on my 9mobile and MTN. No wahala since then.

Airtel is one stupid network. Bad network coupled with bad customer service. I bet that if their agent sees someone face to face, they will wanna exchange blows with that person. They got no chill at all.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by bengasyl(m): 6:39pm On May 03, 2018
CaesarDon:
I have been an airtel subscriber for more than 10 years now and honestly I was satisfied with the service and call rates compared to their fellow network competitors, when mtn started sending this unsolicited alert dialog pop up messages with the aim of swindling customers, by just pressing ok, I was

I have been patient with their agents that give the most flimsy excuses, but the straw that broke the camels back was today when all the credit on my phone was siphoned when I wanted to call for someone for an emergency, if the person in question, dies trust me airtel lawyers would be hearing from me soonest, cos I'm cock sure I have not been the only victim of their scam
No be only you my brother

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by tayo60(f): 6:41pm On May 03, 2018
Am also a victim. Anytime I recharge and keep more than #100 on my line, they make sure they deduct #80 for SOCCER 15 which I didn't subscribe for. They don do me wayo so tey, so na im make me cal dia customer care yesternight but d person wey attended to me no fit do anything. Him com tel me say my money can't be refunded. That stupid network! If not that am using d sim for browsing, I for throw am away.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Kakamorufu(m): 6:42pm On May 03, 2018
One of the reason i hardly load airtime on my airtel. Even if i did. I use it all up in a blink. Mad people.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by ayodelealuko009: 6:46pm On May 03, 2018
I will just advise you to keep calling costumer care until you are able to reach an operator that knows what he/she is doing.The same happened to me some months back. Going to their office is useless,don't waste your money on transport. Keep disturbing them until they stop deducting your money.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by harriet412(f): 6:46pm On May 03, 2018
faizsanusi:
Is Airtel that deducted your money on nairaland?? That u brought ur complaints come here. What is customer care number there for if u have a problem. If they don't respond then u forward your plight to Ncc and servicom and watch magic happen. Nigerians have to start thinking like matured people. U should ordinarily know what to do.. ��

Shattap there

3 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by DonCandido(f): 6:47pm On May 03, 2018
Sagay212:
indians are hungry scammers..they will continue to deduct your airtime. go and get yourself mtn line.

MTN!!!

No try dem o!

Airtel na learner for airtime pilferage. MTN na Oga at the top.

They charge you for unsolicited services and give an option to cancel the unsolicited subscription; great but, when you follow the instruction through 131 you get the infernal "network out of order" message!

Been trying to rid myself of the daylight thievery for months but I keep getting the same message.

I never tire of sending "STOP" to "131"
I send it everyday! Who knows the "network" may get fresh supplies of "order" and deactivate the service.

I have in addition, submitted their case to God in the area of dropped calls and call clarity. God will use NCC to collect my money through fines in U$D. Amen
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Slymonster(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2018
Your own is even card,mine is data with their mifi.Oh lord,I notice how the data runs out during a particular time of the day even if it's one page I open on my phone. 100mb plus will leave. I had mb that I was now scared of opening a page... Airtel is terrible
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Alphasoar(m): 6:51pm On May 03, 2018
I WROTE ABOUT THIS THIEVING NETWORK ON MY BLOG SOME TIME AGO... CALLED THEM OUT ON TWITTER, YET NO RESPONSE. worst case here is you dont know when they are deducting this monies, no alerts, no SMSs and it is always done at midnights.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Twoclans(f): 6:51pm On May 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

pm me via email... that fool banned my 3accounts for alternate when he couldn't see any reason to ban me.
Done cheesy
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by dominique(f): 6:52pm On May 03, 2018
idris4eva:
Did you read the part where he said he was very cautious of not pressing any OK when it pop up?

Did you not read the part that his response came after I posted mine?
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 03, 2018
Twoclans:

Done cheesy
Can I mention you somewhere else?
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 03, 2018
even after usinq the *902# to unsubscribe from their bullshits which I didn't know how I qot subscribed-to at the first instance, airtime still do qet deducted anyhow.
The network is superb in terms of surfinq the net here thouqh
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by obo389(m): 6:57pm On May 03, 2018
Your not the only person with this issue of deductions from airtel though I only use it for browsing and then purposely leave some small airtime on the line yet, they keep deducting. Mine has been going on for 6 months now and whenever you call their CC, you will never get through
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by joxxy01(m): 6:57pm On May 03, 2018
scopoo:
Join the #TheifAirtelNig and let's see how we can get them to pay for this
i want to join
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Twoclans(f): 7:00pm On May 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

Can I mention you somewhere else?
Yes you can
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by soliddust2020: 7:01pm On May 03, 2018
dominique:
You must have been pressing ok to all the useless pop-up messages they send to your line. That's how they now fraudulently swindle customers of their airtime. If you mistakenly press Ok to clear the pop-up message, they immediately subscribe you to the service and deduct your money. I fell victim once and they deducted N50 every two days even after I called them to remove the service. There are times that I receive up to 3 of these messages in a day, I press cancel immediately. The one that popped up into my phone just this morning was a N100/day service. So if I had pressed ok, they would have been deducting N100 daily from my line. I wonder what NCC is doing about this evil.

God bless you op, I am having the same problem with my airtel line. i don't make call or receive call on my line, i use the line for browsing. Their customer care keeps saying some rubbish of me clicking some things while browsing, imagine the bull crap. when i use smile or mtn i dont have any issues. The truth is airtel is just a thief and NCC is just watching while airtel robs Nigerians.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by ndigbo: 7:11pm On May 03, 2018
For this singular act of fraud, I had stopped recharging on my airtel line since the middle of last year. I kept complaining them but no solution(s) came forth!
I stopped all recharges even for data. The line receives calls only, atleast for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Bb Absolute Plan / How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? / Tecno Droipad 7D - Successor To The Droipad 7C Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.