Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,425 members, 7,954,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money (14297 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / How To Set Security Pin On Mtn, Glo Airtel And 9mobile / MTN, 9mobile, Airtel And Glo Important Service Codes You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by benzene00: 7:11pm On May 03, 2018
faizsanusi:
Is Airtel that deducted your money on nairaland?? That u brought ur complaints come here. What is customer care number there for if u have a problem. If they don't respond then u forward your plight to Ncc and servicom and watch magic happen. Nigerians have to start thinking like matured people. U should ordinarily know what to do.. ��
U deserve hot slap

3 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Man2utd(m): 7:35pm On May 03, 2018
Airtel is a scam, infact thief.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by blantyre: 7:38pm On May 03, 2018
He couldn't have pressed any OK by mistake wallahi . It us quite deliberate, I suffered same last year mine was even N20 daily for some useless things I never subscribe for and worst still they don't give any code for you to unsubscribe until if you are lucky they pick your calls and unsubscribe you. Most times there were no guarantees they will even stop the stealing even after your complaint was registered. I waste no time in porting after all no be my papa company
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Lufthansa: 7:48pm On May 03, 2018
How do you mean? When not an illiterate. So he would have pressed OK to subscribe for 6 services and he would not know. Abeg, that's there way! Am a living witness.

dominique:
You must have been pressing ok to all the useless pop-up messages they send to your line. That's how they now fraudulently swindle customers of their airtime. If you mistakenly press Ok to clear the pop-up message, they immediately subscribe you to the service and deduct your money. I fell victim once and they deducted N50 every two days even after I called them to remove the service. There are times that I receive up to 3 of these messages in a day, I press cancel immediately. The one that popped up into my phone just this morning was a N100/day service. So if I had pressed ok, they would have been deducting N100 daily from my line. I wonder what NCC is doing about this evil.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by phase1: 7:49pm On May 03, 2018
oshe11:
Lol....

Its normal na

I dont even keep airtime in my airtel Sim

What I do is....

Off my data

Load my card

Subscribe for my monthly plan

Switch on my data

AND CONTINUE BROWSING cheesy

PS: WHENEVER I LOAD MY AIRTEL SIM AND FORGET TO SUB INSTANTLY, NA PIPE THEM DEY USE SUCK MY AIRTIMEgrin

Couldnt stop laffing when I saw "Stop Job, Stop Eve, Stop Con"gringrin

Exactly how I do mine. Those airtel criminals stole from me sotey I nearly run mad.
Infact I even vexed and borrowed some money from them till now I refused to pay back, anytime I load na to subscribe sharparly before dem thief my airtime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by clems88(m): 8:00pm On May 03, 2018
Glo also frustrated me . I call them everyday about zapping all my airtime . I find it difficult now to leave airtime on my glo
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by enonche85(m): 8:15pm On May 03, 2018
OP this is for u and other pple facing similar issue...

When next dis happens, call the airtel care line, request for a "Ticket or incident number", after then call NCC on their 622 toll free line and report ur issue to dem, dey will request for the "ticket number" u got from airtel and I bet ur issue will be resolved.

NCC now has a rule dat any network dat is found guilty of an offence in related to unsolicited SMS n deductions attracts a fine of N5m.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by enonche85(m): 8:17pm On May 03, 2018
clems88:
Glo also frustrated me . I call them everyday about zapping all my airtime . I find it difficult now to leave airtime on my glo

Just call NCC's 622 toll free number and report ur issue. But make sure u request for a "Ticket number" from glo before calling NCC.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by sanmitee(m): 8:20pm On May 03, 2018
Airtel deductions of #50 every time, till all airtime I load finishes! tire me. I've dumped my sim for now.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Jamestown123: 8:32pm On May 03, 2018
CaesarDon:
Even when I try to stop the service they still start them again I was even told to send stop to 2442 I did, but that didn't help matters angry angry
Bro, really u are not the only one this thing is happening to, my own self don tire me. Now I can't remain any balance in my phone before I sleep again, because next day wen u wake up the money is gone.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by shalomtemmy(f): 8:41pm On May 03, 2018
I'm also a victim of this illegal deduction. Airtel deducted my #2500 and never credited me with data. I go customer service centre tire.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by lawman88(m): 8:49pm On May 03, 2018
AIRTEL is a disaster. Even this night my airtime was deducted. I have activated DND yet they are still cutting. Airtel is a scam. Lets discourage Nigerians from using it
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by adedara9: 8:52pm On May 03, 2018
My guy, don't stress too much. All you need do is Tweet @Airtel_Care and get your issue resolved ASAP. Once Experienced it and tweeted at them and they resolved my complaint. Since then, I never hear anything wey be like illegal deduction.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by enonche85(m): 9:06pm On May 03, 2018
stfadaanthony:
What the OP said is very very true. mine was #30 on every recharge. I ported from MTN in 2015 because I love airtel service, but I soon regretted it. I called airtel customers service almost everyday,but no solution, to the extent that one of the agent,a lady angrily dropped my call. I was told it was a third party whatever my line was subscribed to,that they do not have direct control over it. was told they will have to contact the third party to deactivate me. When next you call,just tell the agents you want to speak with their supervisor, those agents are too too useless. better still,recorded the conservation and press for charges because I almost did. I know some that have stopped using airtel because of this.

Just request for a ticket number, then call NCC on 622 and report the issue and give them the ticket number given to u by airtel.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by enonche85(m): 9:12pm On May 03, 2018
I had an experience with 9mobile. I loaded #200 for their 1GB midnight browsing only for #100 to be deducted without informing me. Few mins after 12am on the day I wanted to browse I discovered the deduction. Just when I was chatting with their customer care agent reporting my issue on twitter, the 2nd #100 was now deducted making it #200. I immidiately requested for a ticket number and threatened to call NCC first thing in the morning. The 9mobile guy immediately called me apologising and #200 was sharply transferred to me via their VTU service.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Rubbiish(m): 9:16pm On May 03, 2018
dominique:
You must have been pressing ok to all the useless pop-up messages they send to your line. That's how they now fraudulently swindle customers of their airtime. If you mistakenly press Ok to clear the pop-up message, they immediately subscribe you to the service and deduct your money. I fell victim once and they deducted N50 every two days even after I called them to remove the service. There are times that I receive up to 3 of these messages in a day, I press cancel immediately. The one that popped up into my phone just this morning was a N100/day service. So if I had pressed ok, they would have been deducting N100 daily from my line. I wonder what NCC is doing about this evil.
Lol

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Arthurmillz(m): 9:23pm On May 03, 2018
CaesarDon:
I have been an airtel subscriber for more than 10 years now and honestly I was satisfied with the service and call rates compared to their fellow network competitors, when mtn started sending this unsolicited alert dialog pop up messages with the aim of swindling customers, by just pressing ok, I was happy I didn't join the bandwagon of mtn subscribers, and I started preaching port to airtel to my friends and family that were subscribers of the mtn network, but with the turn of things with regards to using devious means to rob we customers of our hard-earned cash, I wish I was the one that ported.

I always excercise extreme caution when operating my phone, so I wouldn't fall victim of their dubious bunco antics, but they still device a way to fleece me of my hard earned cash even without subscribing.

Airtel were deducting 10 naira on a daily basis from my account for more than a year for nothing and I mean nothing, and this is no daily access charge, I didn't take note cos it was just 10 naira, but 10 naira times 20 million plus nigerians on a daily basis,u can picture the amount. I had to call their call center agent and he admitted I was on a service I didn't subscribe for, with no benefits.

The push came to shove the turn of this year when they started deducting money from my credit balance via their mobile connex, soccer15, sms chat services to mention a few, if I load credit before I close my eyes VOOM!! my credit is gone, without even subscribing for any service, I have called their call center agents which they made almost impossible to reach, consistently like 10 times in the past month and I just get apologies with no refund.

The beauty of their fraud scheme is that they make sure they siphon all your credit at once and can make u a subscriber of 10 services to rob me of my money and they subscription is like a endless loop as shown below they keep trying to subscribe u to that service and other services even after subscription which is evident below

If I even want to work on the premise that I unintentionally subscribed for a service how did it become 6 services as shown below, and the funny part is angry that I don't even receive the message for the so called services they subscribed me for, Airtel is a scam

I have been patient with their agents that give the most flimsy excuses, but the straw that broke the camels back was today when all the credit on my phone was siphoned when I wanted to call for someone for an emergency, if the person in question, dies trust me airtel lawyers would be hearing from me soonest, cos I'm cock sure I have not been the only victim of their scam
I honestly thought I was the only one going through this rubbish from airtel. It's the height of wickedness angry
Mine is always like 50 naira or 20 naira and up to 4 different subscriptions which I know nothing about. And immediately after I deactivate it's reactivated. And no I do not press ok on any popular like some people will say :|

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by sholla20(m): 9:45pm On May 03, 2018
dominique:
you pressing ok or not doesn't stpp them from getting your hard earned money as long as they can do it from their end and don't need your comsent,though the fraud varies on lines shaa,they remove #10 from my line,sometimes 5 times a day for a service I never subscribed to, went to their office several times, called them on several occasions, all I get is that it has been stopped,only to see deductions after recharging again, I had to drop the line cos I can't afford loosing my money to this illegality, I wish there is a way to make them pay for all this robbery.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by CioAngels(f): 10:59pm On May 03, 2018
Airtel is dubious, two years now they deduct my airtime each i recharge then i got another network and continue to recharge airtel 200 or 100 and realise that they deduct until the 200n finished, i must have tried recharging up to five times or more just to be convinced they are stealing before i stopped. They followed MTN footstep but they don't know MTN is using politicians to steal for MTN. Their sim is just in the phone not in use again. They are thieves like IKEDC.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by SavageMajor(m): 11:03pm On May 03, 2018
Glo does that to me lol
dominique:

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by newslifeop: 1:55am On May 04, 2018
ohh
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by salesforce: 2:20am On May 04, 2018
really
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Gboliwe: 3:17am On May 04, 2018
I had to take a look at the username to be sure I wasn't the one making this complaint.

As smart, brilliant and careful as I am, the thieves still found a way of siphoning my credit. I don't press 'ok' yet as soon as I recharge, it goes 'voom'.

I have stopped recharging since February. I was visiting someone at the hospital and needed to make a call. I was shocked to see I had no credit. I had only recharged N500 the previous day. I bought N200 to at least make the call. I was on the call and just 2mts after, I was notified I had exhausted my credit.

Aye MI! How?
I called the thieves because by then I had had it. I was furious. Even the call sef, I wasn't done. The thieves told me I just activated live stream! Live stream ke? Are you guys crazy? What does that even mean? Hian! I told them to remove every damned thing from my line...

Days after, the live stream notification will come up asking me to recharge to continue using it. Imagine! I think that is even the worse. It was affecting me psychologically and getting me angrier.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by ehinmowo: 5:36am On May 04, 2018
Airtel is among the highest scamming companies in Nigeria. Dey will come and declear billions as turnover. Meanwhile more than half was stolen from subscribers.

Person no fit leave card for fone again. I jst tire

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Deiok(m): 7:22am On May 04, 2018
seriously airtel are criminals.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Azii: 4:19pm On May 04, 2018
Airtel ng is the biggest corporate thief I know, the will subscribe me to sing all sort of vas, deduct my money. Call their Customer Care, nothing, even NCC didn't do anything

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by dominique(f): 5:24pm On May 04, 2018
Lufthansa:
How do you mean? When not an illiterate. So he would have pressed OK to subscribe for 6 services and he would not know. Abeg, that's there way! Am a living witness.

You've not seen those popups before. They just send bits of info. You won't know you're subscribing to any service, you'd think you're clearing the message from your screen. I'm sure thousands of people would have absentmindedly subscribed to different services without knowing by now.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Lukenzo: 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
Airtel is far better than some other networks. Caesarden might have subscribed to some offerings. I experienced similar thing on MTN and Glo Mobile too. The best telecom experience have had is on Airtel Network.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Just2endowed2(m): 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
Jaytecq:

Y shuld dey be sending such message in the first place.... nonsense, i use to rate them(airtel) bfore, presently i still have one issue with them, ANYTIME i switchd On my DATA, My GPS turns on automatically...

They are monitoring you cheesy
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Jaytecq(m): 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2018
Just2endowed2:

They are monitoring you cheesy

eh en.... u don't mean it
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets / 5 Reasons To Buy Phones With Snapdragon 835 Chipset / Airtel Have Done It Again Oooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.