Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money (14064 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / How To Set Security Pin On Mtn, Glo Airtel And 9mobile / MTN, 9mobile, Airtel And Glo Important Service Codes You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 03, 2018
I was a victim of this from MTN. They deducted over #50 for months. Sometimes #100. All for unsolicited services. The frustration was much I almost broke the sim. At a point I thought to seek legal redress but you know Nigerians will still say "Because of how much'.

The solution to your problem is simple. NCC has a very effective hotline which is 622 where you lay complaints. They pick up immediately and respond promptly. call and lay a complaint, they will contact your service provider and it will stop. Service providers fear this approach so much.

Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Oyecute(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2018
Glo is worse!..... Real 419ers
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by pressplay411(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2018
These are the people terrorists should be blowing up; Telecomms and Senators, not innocent citizens and worshippers.

As much as we should blame these service providers, it's our govt that actually gives them free hand to keep robbing us blind so what to do

2 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by pastoradebola: 5:10pm On May 03, 2018
This is the same issue my wife complained of every single day but I assure my wife sooness somebody somewhere will fight this network stilling by tricks.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by rossyc(f): 5:11pm On May 03, 2018
Airtel is fond of that rubbish, deducting airtime for no reason. Send them a message on twitter.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Buffalowings3(m): 5:11pm On May 03, 2018
Who are the goddamn lawyers in this lawless country
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Coldplay007(f): 5:11pm On May 03, 2018
STOP to 2442 and you are free for ever..

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 03, 2018
I'm also a victim. N80 being deducted from me every time for a service I never subscribed for. I have evidence, even video proof. I'll open their chapter very soon. The annoying thing is the *902# code to deactivate the service is scam and doesn't work. This daylight robbery must stop! angry
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Massive001: 5:12pm On May 03, 2018
mtn did the same to me through out last year and even till March. I lost close to #100 per day.
NCC are fools. they don't regulate anything. I had to call them last month and curse them. these people swindle the public of their hard earned money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Buffalowings3(m): 5:12pm On May 03, 2018
Abfinest007:
them tie u to their network abeg port to another network

airtel almost made me run mad so I ported to mtn now am enjoying my sim
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by ossaisly(m): 5:13pm On May 03, 2018
All networks does it. I swear! To everyone in this country, it happens in one way or the other

2 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Buffalowings3(m): 5:13pm On May 03, 2018
Coldplay007:
STOP to 2442 and you are free for ever..
Na lie
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Buffalowings3(m): 5:20pm On May 03, 2018
oshe11:
Lol....

Its normal na

I dont even keep airtime in my airtel Sim

What I do is....

Off my data

Load my card

Subscribe for my monthly plan

Switch on my data

AND CONTINUE BROWSING cheesy

PS: WHENEVER I LOAD MY AIRTIME LINE AND FORGET TO SUB INSTANTLY, NA PIPE THEM DEY USE SUCK MY AIRTIMEgrin

The same way i use Glo
If i should even mistakenly load 2505 my line for data subscription
The 5 naira will disappear
Thieves everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by damjane(f): 5:21pm On May 03, 2018
I actually thought I was the only one having these problem. once I recharge they start deducting 10 naira for services I did not subscribe to, called their customer care they told me that they can't see any deduction, I got angry and removed the Sim never to go back to it.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by shomutuski(m): 5:23pm On May 03, 2018
thats how they sub me for make up tips..... a guy for that matter

4 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by ajilegend(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2018
Report to NCC by dialing 622
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 03, 2018
Please I'm a stranded student that needs financial aid. My bank details: 3095354032 @firstbank.
U may like to see my post: https://www.nairaland.com/4485511/need
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Lufthansa: 5:28pm On May 03, 2018
Bro no be only you dey in that shoes. My mum and I are experiencing same. All efforts to reach them has been fruitless as the voice prompt does no longer have the option to connect you as the complainant to a call centre agent to register one's complain. In fact, my mum has had to procure an MTN line.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Toecyn(m): 5:28pm On May 03, 2018
It happened to me too, all you need to do is to activate DND on that airtel line and all this Value Added Service will stop. Just send HELP to 2442
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by mmsen: 5:29pm On May 03, 2018
I thought Nigerians would have learned not to patronize dishonest Indian businesses by now.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Ultraf: 5:30pm On May 03, 2018
Every thing written in the post is sure accurate, thought I'm the only that is being robbed and exploited by the ROGUE Airtel. Just like in this post, in my room in the village, there are network challenges. Like mtn, glo and etisalat fluctuation, most often rely on Airtel but that is a piece of nonsense. To think that on a certain day with urgent need for communication with wife over some important business concerns, I discovered that the Airtel air time which I usually preserve for such emergency situations has been depleted. And was in attendance of my brothers wedding in a church in the village, with no nearby kiosk to recharge, and mtn was badly fluctuating.
I simply reserve Airtel for calls across to our customers in the neighbouring countries, once recharged I make sure I exhaust what ever amount recharged, because of the presumed lower tariffs to some west African countries. Like two weeks back, I recharged but later didn't use it,after four days it was reading 0.05k air time balance. Airtel is a big FRAUD, NCC should wake up to their responsibilities and put a halt to Airtel's ripping Nigerians of their money.
Airtel is a big FRAUD.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by veekid(m): 5:32pm On May 03, 2018
happney65:
veekid please tell the world how much is deducted every night from your line.. grin grin
Airtel wey thunder go fire
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by PurerareGold: 5:32pm On May 03, 2018
you had better call customer care o. They did the same to me. I called customer care and threatened them that if they don't stop it I will go to social media. That was the end they never deducted my credit again. Thieves. Glo be wan try me...I did same o
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 03, 2018
Same here, sometimes they steal N100.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by steveco: 5:38pm On May 03, 2018
Guy you are lucky they are texting you the reason for the deductions, my, no credit (I mean all my airtime) sleep in my account till day break, the worse part is that I don't even know the reason for the deduction
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by supereagle(m): 5:38pm On May 03, 2018
I don't recharge the line again, I only use for receiving calls because of the unnecessary deductions.
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by xjiggy: 5:40pm On May 03, 2018
Go to your phone settings and switch off cell broadcast. That way, their msgs will not get to you at all
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Jaytecq(m): 5:42pm On May 03, 2018
dominique:
You must have been pressing ok to all the useless pop-up messages they send to your line. That's how they now fraudulently swindle customers of their airtime. If you mistakenly press Ok to clear the pop-up message, they immediately subscribe you to the service and deduct your money. I fell victim once and they deducted N50 every two days even after I called them to remove the service. There are times that I receive up to 3 of these messages in a day, I press cancel immediately. The one that popped up into my phone just this morning was a N100/day service. So if I had pressed ok, they would have been deducting N100 daily from my line. I wonder what NCC is doing about this evil.

Y shuld dey be sending such message in the first place.... nonsense, i use to rate them(airtel) bfore, presently i still have one issue with them, ANYTIME i switchd On my DATA, My GPS turns on automatically...
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by shegie(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2018
the same thing applicable to me
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by faizsanusi(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2018
Is Airtel that deducted your money on nairaland?? That u brought ur complaints come here. What is customer care number there for if u have a problem. If they don't respond then u forward your plight to Ncc and servicom and watch magic happen. Nigerians have to start thinking like matured people. U should ordinarily know what to do.. ��
Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by Jaytecq(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2018
faizsanusi:
Is Airtel that deducted your money on nairaland?? That u brought ur complaints come here. What is customer care number there for if u have a problem. If they don't respond then u forward your plight to Ncc and servicom and watch magic happen. Nigerians have to start thinking like matured people. U should ordinarily know what to do.. ��

i dnt think u are in this kwantri

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money by johnaruson(m): 5:50pm On May 03, 2018
Sue Airtel to court, social media wouldn't solve your problems, this is an opportunity to make millions in law court. Wake up Africans.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Problems For Iphone X As Some Iphone X Units Suffer From Crackling Speakers / My Experience Using MTN Deal Zone Data / Tecno Droipad 7D - Successor To The Droipad 7C Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.