Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,305 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. (24415 Views)

Tony Elumelu: The Sales Boy Turned Billionaire / Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director / Tony Ogah Gives N1m To Kogi Civil Servant Who Resigned (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by Ugosample(m): 9:04am On May 04, 2018
oscarwestcoast:
Just say she is qualified and we will be fine. But telling me no Nigerian is as qualified as Chery doesn't make Sense. No nobel Laurette, first degree from London college of economics that was a mere polytechnic in 1975, never served in a board of business conglomerate like Dangote group and you tell me a nation of 180m people does not have her kind. Haba! Are you a Ghanian? Go and google the profile of Chukwuma Soludo, Okonjo Iweala, Sanusi lamido Sanusi, even Dankwombo and Peter Obi have handled tougher task than this your world class champion. Don't because she is a Briton , studied And worked there, earned her awards there, then that will make her superior to all Nigerians.

The OP is right in one sense

The connections she has, NO NIGERIAN, except you were head of state has it, and that is what makes her more qualified than MOST, if not ALL Nigerians

Dangote wants to list in the London Stock Exchange.

Is it Peter Obi, Sanusi or Dankwanbo that will help him do that grin cheesy story

The only person that comes close is Okonjo Iweala

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by HarunaWest(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2018
oscarwestcoast:
Just say she is qualified and we will be fine. But telling me no Nigerian is as qualified as Chery doesn't make Sense. No nobel Laurette, first degree from London college of economics that was a mere polytechnic in 1975, never served in a board of business conglomerate like Dangote group and you tell me a nation of 180m people does not have her kind. Haba! Are you a Ghanian? Go and google the profile of Chukwuma Soludo, Okonjo Iweala, Sanusi lamido Sanusi, even Dankwombo and Peter Obi have handled tougher task than this your world class champion. Don't because she is a Briton , studied And worked there, earned her awards there, then that will make her superior to all Nigerians.
Thank you ooo. wha will the OP now say about the Likes of Jim Ovia that created a number 1 Brand in just 24 years now.... Even the C. E. O of Dangote group Engr Joseph Makoju is a Nigerian, is she more qualified than he is... have you gone through his CV.... Wikipedia is free
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by Ugosample(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2018
oscarwestcoast:
Go and check what % of Dangotes' top management are. Nigerians.Nigerian managed his firm to stardom. Don't come here to use performance in the public sector to generalize.

The person you quoted is right

A lot of Nigerian managers are criminals...

Look at the operations of mutual funds in Nigeria and compare it with how it's done elsewhere, that's just an example

1 Like

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by Ugosample(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2018
HarunaWest:

Thank you ooo. wha will the OP now say about the Likes of Jim Ovia that created a number 1 Brand in just 24 years now.... Even the C. E. O of Dangote group Engr Joseph Makoju is a Nigerian, is she more qualified than he is... have you gone through his CV.... Wikipedia is free

Which connections do these people have

Who dem sabi

This woman can take Dangite to places these ones can only dream of, in addition to that Jewish guy.

That criteria above makes her more qualified than the people you listed

2 Likes

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by ifuupee23(f): 9:14am On May 04, 2018
Leave all these long story and show us the tall Lady
KingOfAmebo:
Ealier today I read a post that the Board of Dangote Cement Plc, global, announced the appointment of Cherie Blair and Mick Davies as Independent Non-Executive Directors.

https://www.nairaland.com/4485453/dangote-cement-appoints-cherie-blair

Typical of Nigerians, some are quick to rant about this appointment and asked if "there is no Nigerian more qualified for the job"

I repeat... forget sentiments, this woman is well qualified for the job. Aliko Dangote is NOT a politician but a business man. Read through Cherie Blair's profile but this time slowly and tell me which Nigerian is more qualified.

Cherie Blair CBE, QC is a leading barrister with over 35 years’ experience in arbitration, mediation, public international law, human rights, employment law and European Community law. She studied law at the London School of Economics (LSE) and graduated with a First Class Degree in 1975. While studying for her Bar examinations she also taught Law at the University of Westminster. Cherie came top of her year in her Bar examinations and was called to the Bar in 1976. She was appointed Queen’s Counsel (QC) in 1995.

In 2000, shortly before the implementation of the Human Rights Act, Cherie and 21 other prominent Barristers set up a ground breaking legal practice, Matrix Chambers. She has also argued cases in the House of Lords, one of the most well-known being the Begum case. She is an accredited Advanced Mediator under the ADR Chambers/Harvard Law Project and an Elite Mediator with Clerksroom.

Cherie Blair, has appeared in the European Court of Justice and in multiple Commonwealth jurisdictions and also lectures internationally. She is the Chancellor Emeritus and Honorary Fellow of Liverpool John Moores University; Governor Emeritus and Honorary Fellow of the LSE and the Open University (D.Univ.Open 1999); LLD (Hons), University of Liverpool (2003); Hon.D.Lit UMIST (2003); Doctor of Laws (Westminster University).

Cherie Blair is the Founder and Chair of Omnia Strategy where she focuses on strategic international legal and advisory work and practices as a barrister, representing over 30 governments as well as numerous multinational corporations in international disputes.

In 2012, she was designated to serve on the ICSID panel of arbitrators and is a panellist at the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration. She continues to work independently, primarily as an arbitrator and mediator

Cherie is closely involved with various charities and is a strong advocate for women’s rights. She is the founder of the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, which runs programmes to support women entrepreneurs across the developing world, including Africa. She is also Vice Chair of the International Council on Women’s Business Leadership founded by Secretary Hillary Clinton.

Cherie sits as an Honorary Chair of the World Justice Project. In 2007, she received the Eleanor Roosevelt Val-Kill medal in recognition of her high ideals and courageous actions.

In 2013, she was awarded the CBE in the New Year Honours for her services to women’s issues and to charity in the UK and overseas.

Cherie is also an active campaigner for prison reform and was ‘President of The Commission on English Prisons Today’ between 2007 and 2009, under the auspices of the Howard League for Penal Reform.

She is an adviser to “B Team,” a not-for-profit initiative formed by a global group of leaders, to be a driving force for social, environmental and economic benefit. She is wife of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

NB. I dont work for Aliko Dangote and he is not my Uncle. I am a Nigerian and it hurts that we dont have people to match someone like her career wise, at least presently.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by DeepSight(m): 9:15am On May 04, 2018
KingOfAmebo:
Aliko Dangote is NOT a politician but a business man.

Anyone who thinks Aliko is not a politician is simply a child.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by IME1: 9:15am On May 04, 2018
oscarwestcoast:

Your post is fantastically on point
I align myself opinion with yours
With only minor minuses and minor additions
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by BruncleZuma: 9:17am On May 04, 2018
This generalisation is why I hate Apologists...
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by Ugosample(m): 9:19am On May 04, 2018
Kobicove:

The reason why Nigerians are inherently dishonest is because they know they can get away with it...

The best way to stop corruption is to institute very sever and unequivocal punishment for those convicted and anyone who benefits from a corrupt person whether directly or indirectly!

That's a good point

1 Like

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by Nobody: 9:36am On May 04, 2018
BafanaBafana:
The woman is a genuis.
But despite all her qualifications and experience, Dangote who just managed to get one degree is her master now and signs her paycheck at the end of the month.
A zillion likes nwanne

2 Likes

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2018
goodconscience:

You can say she's qualified for the job, but don't say no Nigerian is more qualified. That's an insult.

Sorry, I am not here to massage your ego, please name one Nigerian more qualified and please show us his/her profile.

1 Like

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:54am On May 04, 2018
princeadams11:

How many Nigerians do you know to say NO Nigerian is better than her.

Please name one and show us his/her profile.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by faithfull18(f): 10:02am On May 04, 2018
Fesomu:
The only department headed by a Nigerian at nipco is Human Resources and that's the only department with corrupt practices. All other departments are headed by an Indian. It seems there's just something pathologically wrong with Nigerians when it comes to honesty

I support you on this. Honesty,truthfulness,integrity are really rare virtues now. It will take the grace of God for Nigeria to be free.

1 Like

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by Temysteve(m): 10:02am On May 04, 2018
BafanaBafana:
The woman is a genuis.
But despite all her qualifications and experience, Dangote who just managed to get one degree is her master now and signs her paycheck at the end of the month.
That is where GRaCE can lead you too. Dangote is just an example. Going thru all those degrees doesn't mean she'll be the most richest, most successful, most educated, and most exposure woman on earth, but the grace of God can hand over the whole world under your feet.

1 Like

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by DaBillionnaire: 10:03am On May 04, 2018
BafanaBafana:
The woman is a genuis.

Boss u are right on point

1 Like

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by HarunaWest(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2018
Ugosample:

Which connections do these people have

Who dem sabi

This woman can take Dangite to places these ones can only dream of, in addition to that Jewish guy.

That criteria above makes her more qualified than the people you listed
Oga u talk as if Dangote is one Alaba hustler... Richest man in Africa, someone that dines and wines with Bill Gates... who is there to know that he hasent met? oga..... just say the lady in question is good in her dealing buh trust me shes very replaceable... Okonjo Iweala and Ezekwesili might even fare better than her due to their world bank connection..... Dont bellittle us.. that we aint as sophisticated as the deveoped ones doesnt make us morons.. we are good at whatever we do.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by abiodunaaa(m): 10:11am On May 04, 2018
ArchiPelago1:

Sorry pls go and read about Professor Akin Oyebode

Professor Akin Oyebode sef try o... But he is a Nigerian too.. That Nigerian blood dey hin body
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by PreciousBro: 10:21am On May 04, 2018
Fesomu:
The only department headed by a Nigerian at nipco is Human Resources and that's the only department with corrupt practices. All other departments are headed by an Indian. It seems there's just something pathologically wrong with Nigerians when it comes to honesty
Oga. I agree.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by VULCAN(m): 10:43am On May 04, 2018
I'm still waiting for a list of just 3 Nigerians out of over 200m that have such qualifications.

Upon all the noise nobody has been able to drop such a list. Someone even mentioned Sanusi whose career never left the shores of Nigeria and who was boosted into positions due to Royal blood.

Cherie will easily open the necessary doors to enable Dangote list on the London Stock Exchange, truthfully there isn't any Nigerian that has that type of clout to do that. It's painful but it's true. If Dangote was looking for a World bank loan of $5b then Okonjo could help but as far as LSE is concerned- Dangote made the right choice

2 Likes

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by luckyogor(m): 11:07am On May 04, 2018
Later you all will say kanye west is mad for saying slavery was/is a choice,mental slavery is a choice, never ever write nonsense like this again.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:49am On May 04, 2018
[s]
luckyogor:
Later you all will say kanye west is mad for saying slavery was/is a choice,mental slavery is a choice, never ever write nonsense like this again.
[/s]

Off point... You failed to address the issue.

This is not about being white or black, so you can take your slavery exodus somewhere else, we are talking about a CAREER, So, if you know ANY Nigerian more qualified than this woman kindly show us his/her profile so we can make our comparison.

I am a proud Nigerian and a world citizen, I dont discriminate and I dont support mediocrity.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by Nobody: 11:53am On May 04, 2018
sekzy99:

If_You_Want_to_Be_Rich_Happy_Don_t_Go_to_School by robert kiyosaki
Nope. That's another book though from the same author and in the same spirit.

The Book I'm talking about is:
https://www.amazon.de/Why-Students-Work-Government-Financial/dp/1612680763
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by sparog(m): 12:19pm On May 04, 2018
oscarwestcoast:

You have sense jare
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by insperyadyou: 1:17pm On May 04, 2018
datola:
Cherie Blair is very qualified but saying there is no Nigerian as qualified as she is a fallacy. There are so many Nigerians with better profile.
name them. Fear not

1 Like

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by insperyadyou: 1:18pm On May 04, 2018
chronique:
Lol. This is myopic from the OP. How many Nigerians have you met and how many of them have you seen their CV to conclude no Nigerian is more qualified than her? No doubt she has an impressive cv but I'd not accept the "no Nigerian is more qualified than her" statement.
Nigerians may have same credentials but are not knowledgeable

1 Like

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by PierreAbutu(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2018
oscarwestcoast:

Slavery mentality is a big problem in this country
Not surprised Dangote toed that line
M patiently waiting for a British or American multinational to employ a Nigerian ina similar position

I believe there are hundreds of more qualified and influential Nigerians, period
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by ojlifa: 1:39pm On May 04, 2018
My friend keep quite there with your slave mentality.who told you that we do not have Nigerians more qualified than her,how many Nigerians do you know.if you hear of the achievement of Nigerians you go faint.or you think because you haven't done anything with your life others are in same boat with you

KingOfAmebo:
Ealier today I read a post that the Board of Dangote Cement Plc, global, announced the appointment of Cherie Blair and Mick Davies as Independent Non-Executive Directors.

https://www.nairaland.com/4485453/dangote-cement-appoints-cherie-blair

Typical of Nigerians, some are quick to rant about this appointment and asked if "there is no Nigerian more qualified for the job"

I repeat... forget sentiments, this woman is well qualified for the job. Aliko Dangote is NOT a politician but a business man. Read through Cherie Blair's profile but this time slowly and tell me which Nigerian is more qualified.

Cherie Blair CBE, QC is a leading barrister with over 35 years’ experience in arbitration, mediation, public international law, human rights, employment law and European Community law. She studied law at the London School of Economics (LSE) and graduated with a First Class Degree in 1975. While studying for her Bar examinations she also taught Law at the University of Westminster. Cherie came top of her year in her Bar examinations and was called to the Bar in 1976. She was appointed Queen’s Counsel (QC) in 1995.

In 2000, shortly before the implementation of the Human Rights Act, Cherie and 21 other prominent Barristers set up a ground breaking legal practice, Matrix Chambers. She has also argued cases in the House of Lords, one of the most well-known being the Begum case. She is an accredited Advanced Mediator under the ADR Chambers/Harvard Law Project and an Elite Mediator with Clerksroom.

Cherie Blair, has appeared in the European Court of Justice and in multiple Commonwealth jurisdictions and also lectures internationally. She is the Chancellor Emeritus and Honorary Fellow of Liverpool John Moores University; Governor Emeritus and Honorary Fellow of the LSE and the Open University (D.Univ.Open 1999); LLD (Hons), University of Liverpool (2003); Hon.D.Lit UMIST (2003); Doctor of Laws (Westminster University).

Cherie Blair is the Founder and Chair of Omnia Strategy where she focuses on strategic international legal and advisory work and practices as a barrister, representing over 30 governments as well as numerous multinational corporations in international disputes.

In 2012, she was designated to serve on the ICSID panel of arbitrators and is a panellist at the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration. She continues to work independently, primarily as an arbitrator and mediator

Cherie is closely involved with various charities and is a strong advocate for women’s rights. She is the founder of the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, which runs programmes to support women entrepreneurs across the developing world, including Africa. She is also Vice Chair of the International Council on Women’s Business Leadership founded by Secretary Hillary Clinton.

Cherie sits as an Honorary Chair of the World Justice Project. In 2007, she received the Eleanor Roosevelt Val-Kill medal in recognition of her high ideals and courageous actions.

In 2013, she was awarded the CBE in the New Year Honours for her services to women’s issues and to charity in the UK and overseas.

Cherie is also an active campaigner for prison reform and was ‘President of The Commission on English Prisons Today’ between 2007 and 2009, under the auspices of the Howard League for Penal Reform.

She is an adviser to “B Team,” a not-for-profit initiative formed by a global group of leaders, to be a driving force for social, environmental and economic benefit. She is wife of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

NB. I dont work for Aliko Dangote and he is not my Uncle. I am a Nigerian and it hurts that we dont have people to match someone like her career wise, at least presently.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by sweetgala(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2018
More than the qualifications, I salute Dangote for his foresight and business acumen. For those who don't know Mrs Blair is part of a cabal of solicitors who control the legal profession scene in UK.

She has reached with all the major QC and judges in UK and their business contacts. If Dangote is gonna really attach the LSE he'll need someone like her

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:10pm On May 04, 2018
ojlifa:
My friend keep quite there with your slave mentality.who told you that we do not have Nigerians more qualified than her,how many Nigerians do you know.if you hear of the achievement of Nigerians you go faint.or you think because you haven't done anything with your life others are in same boat with you

Start by telling us what you have done with your life and show us which Nigerian is more qualified than this woman, if not then take the back seat and let sensible people talk.

I asked a very simple question, instead of you to counter my claims with proof you are here talking trash...this is the obvious reason you keep failing exams.

1 Like

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by ojlifa: 2:50pm On May 04, 2018
my friend quite,your thinking is that of a slave.it is called slave mindedness.you ask no question rather you came with your slavish assumption because you sew a white colored woman you assumed that she has to be qualified. now please explain to us what characteristics makes her more qualified than Nigerians.because if its education,she no go school we have Nigerians with 4 P.H.Ds ,if its money she no get dangote who is appointing her rich pass am,if is woman to woman alakija rich pass am.if it is children ,even my mama born pass am,not just born but raise them all up.so in your slave mind tell me what makes her more qualified

KingOfAmebo:

Start by telling us what you have done with your life and show us which Nigerian is more qualified than this woman, if not then take the back seat and let sensible people talk.

I asked a very simple question, instead of you to counter my claims with proof you are here talking trash...this is the obvious reason you keep failing exams.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by generaldre(m): 2:52pm On May 04, 2018
datola:
Cherie Blair is very qualified but saying there is no Nigerian as qualified as she is a fallacy. There are so many Nigerians with better profile.
Appointments like this is not based only on qualifications. Influence and recognition are also as important

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World / Why Do Entrepreneurs Talk Down On 9-5?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.