Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. (24413 Views)

Tony Elumelu: The Sales Boy Turned Billionaire / Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director / Tony Ogah Gives N1m To Kogi Civil Servant Who Resigned (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by Tizbid(m): 7:04pm On May 04, 2018
KingOfAmebo:
Ealier today I read a post that the Board of Dangote Cement Plc, global, announced the appointment of Cherie Blair and Mick Davies as Independent Non-Executive Directors.

https://www.nairaland.com/4485453/dangote-cement-appoints-cherie-blair

Typical of Nigerians, some are quick to rant about this appointment and asked if "there is no Nigerian more qualified for the job"

I repeat... forget sentiments, this woman is well qualified for the job. Aliko Dangote is NOT a politician but a business man. Read through Cherie Blair's profile but this time slowly and tell me which Nigerian is more qualified.

Cherie Blair CBE, QC is a leading barrister with over 35 years’ experience in arbitration, mediation, public international law, human rights, employment law and European Community law. She studied law at the London School of Economics (LSE) and graduated with a First Class Degree in 1975. While studying for her Bar examinations she also taught Law at the University of Westminster. Cherie came top of her year in her Bar examinations and was called to the Bar in 1976. She was appointed Queen’s Counsel (QC) in 1995.

In 2000, shortly before the implementation of the Human Rights Act, Cherie and 21 other prominent Barristers set up a ground breaking legal practice, Matrix Chambers. She has also argued cases in the House of Lords, one of the most well-known being the Begum case. She is an accredited Advanced Mediator under the ADR Chambers/Harvard Law Project and an Elite Mediator with Clerksroom.

Cherie Blair, has appeared in the European Court of Justice and in multiple Commonwealth jurisdictions and also lectures internationally. She is the Chancellor Emeritus and Honorary Fellow of Liverpool John Moores University; Governor Emeritus and Honorary Fellow of the LSE and the Open University (D.Univ.Open 1999); LLD (Hons), University of Liverpool (2003); Hon.D.Lit UMIST (2003); Doctor of Laws (Westminster University).

Cherie Blair is the Founder and Chair of Omnia Strategy where she focuses on strategic international legal and advisory work and practices as a barrister, representing over 30 governments as well as numerous multinational corporations in international disputes.

In 2012, she was designated to serve on the ICSID panel of arbitrators and is a panellist at the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration. She continues to work independently, primarily as an arbitrator and mediator

Cherie is closely involved with various charities and is a strong advocate for women’s rights. She is the founder of the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, which runs programmes to support women entrepreneurs across the developing world, including Africa. She is also Vice Chair of the International Council on Women’s Business Leadership founded by Secretary Hillary Clinton.

Cherie sits as an Honorary Chair of the World Justice Project. In 2007, she received the Eleanor Roosevelt Val-Kill medal in recognition of her high ideals and courageous actions.

In 2013, she was awarded the CBE in the New Year Honours for her services to women’s issues and to charity in the UK and overseas.

Cherie is also an active campaigner for prison reform and was ‘President of The Commission on English Prisons Today’ between 2007 and 2009, under the auspices of the Howard League for Penal Reform.

She is an adviser to “B Team,” a not-for-profit initiative formed by a global group of leaders, to be a driving force for social, environmental and economic benefit. She is wife of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

NB. I dont work for Aliko Dangote and he is not my Uncle. I am a Nigerian and it hurts that we dont have people to match someone like her career wise, at least presently.

The move is simply because Dangote cement is trying to break into LSE (London stock exchange)...has nothing per se to do with excellent qualifications.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by olumidazz: 3:34am On May 05, 2018
Op read profile of soludo, prof Akin oyebode and lamido , okonjo and kolade.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:25am On May 05, 2018
ojlifa:
my friend quite,your thinking is that of a slave.it is called slave mindedness.you ask no question rather you came with your slavish assumption because you sew a white colored woman you assumed that she has to be qualified. now please explain to us what characteristics makes her more qualified than Nigerians.because if its education,she no go school we have Nigerians with 4 P.H.Ds ,if its money she no get dangote who is appointing her rich pass am,if is woman to woman alakija rich pass am.if it is children ,even my mama born pass am,not just born but raise them all up.so in your slave mind tell me what makes her more qualified

You seem to have a fatal heredity problem with comprehension, Your intellect mirrors that of a dropout...how old are you exactly? I'll rather spend my quality time watching African Magic than engaging in a convo with a retard. Sadly, i have honored an empty skull with a reply...this is entirely my fault, I promise I will not make the silly mistake of replying a dullard like you again, I promise.

Further more, why is it taking you forever to name just one Nigerian with more qualifications than Tony Blair's wife? Now you agree there is none so why the madness and foolery? you speak like you already know someone...obviously, you are just a confused fellow...you just jump at threads to spew trash without any proof to buttress your point.

Dont border wasting your energy replying me cuz I just won't read it...nothing reasonable will come out from the chicken brain of yours..abeg go school.

When men are talking you keep quiet teenager.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by ojlifa: 1:29pm On May 05, 2018
i have told you ,you suffer from deep slave mentality,see how you are forcing yourself to write English because in your slave mind the mastery of a language (english) is equivalent to knowledge or education.my friend you are a slave .your view of life is that of slavery,wake up the Spanish do not speak english,neither do the Chinese nor the Germans .so when you want to write,write in your native language because writing big grammar doesn't make you knowledgeable rather it shows you are a good slave .surely you do not read well because i am quite sure that i named names in several categories but surely you didn't see that because you lack knowledge,you have to be one of the lazy youths buhari was talking about

KingOfAmebo:

You seem to have a fatal heredity problem with comprehension, Your intellect mirrors that of a dropout...how old are you exactly? I'll rather spend my quality time watching African Magic than engaging in a convo with a retard. Sadly, i have honored an empty skull with a reply...this is entirely my fault, I promise I will not make the silly mistake of replying a dullard like you again, I promise.

Further more, why is it taking you forever to name just one Nigerian with more qualifications than Tony Blair's wife? Now you agree there is none so why the madness and foolery? you speak like you already know someone...obviously, you are just a confused fellow...you just jump at threads to spew trash without any proof to buttress your point.

Dont border wasting your energy replying me cuz I just won't read it...nothing reasonable will come out from the chicken brain of yours..abeg go school.

When men are talking you keep quiet teenager.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by Talkingboy: 3:06pm On May 05, 2018
[quote author=GrammarNazi1 post=67265436]
The woman's achievements are too many to read. [/quote

much to read
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:08pm On May 05, 2018
[quote author=Talkingboy post=67304509][/quote]
Quote me properly.
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by sekzy99(m): 6:09pm On May 05, 2018
LoJ:

Nope. That's another book though from the same author and in the same spirit.

The Book I'm talking about is:
https://www.amazon.de/Why-Students-Work-Government-Financial/dp/1612680763

Correct!!!
Re: Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. by kapelvej: 10:51am On May 06, 2018
oscarwestcoast:
Just say she is qualified and we will be fine. But telling me no Nigerian is as qualified as Chery doesn't make Sense. No nobel Laurette, first degree from London college of economics that was a mere polytechnic in 1975, never served in a board of business conglomerate like Dangote group and you tell me a nation of 180m people does not have her kind. Haba! Are you a Ghanian? Go and google the profile of Chukwuma Soludo, Okonjo Iweala, Sanusi lamido Sanusi, even Dankwombo and Peter Obi have handled tougher task than this your world class champion. Don't because she is a Briton , studied And worked there, earned her awards there, then that will make her superior to all Nigerians.
Google Sanusi Lamido, you will be shocked that his highest qualification is maters in islamic studies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World / Why Do Entrepreneurs Talk Down On 9-5?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.