Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds (1046 Views)

Men Are The Cause Of Moral Decadence & Indecency In Our Girls Today / A Friend Of Mine Denied His Mother In Front Of His Friends Cause Of Shame / Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by jasmines(f): 7:03am On May 04, 2018
Last night was something else at my house. The winds were sudden and shattered about 3 window panes. About 2 days ago it broke 1 window pane. It broke more at my neighbors house. My kids were scared like chickens and we all had to camp in the sitting room cus the breeze entering their rooms was bringing in a lot of water and flinging lightweight things. I'm happy we got the first one fixed just yesterday cus that one was bigger and facing the sitting room. Hubby had to move a lot of things to the extreme end of the rooms.
That's how strong the breeze / wind was.
Question is could it be the climate or weather is changing? And these winds could be the norm or are the strong winds a result of the rain makers who have been chasing the rain?
Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by Water101(f): 11:39am On May 04, 2018
Wickedness too much God is angry.

1 Like

Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 04, 2018
Your observation is correct, take it as our own "hurricane Matthew or hurricane Katrina."

We all must prepare to battle (manage) the consequences of climate change and natural disasters.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by lastmessenger: 7:29am On May 05, 2018
jasmines:
Last night was something else at my house. The winds were sudden and shattered about 3 window panes. About 2 days ago it broke 1 window pane. It broke more at my neighbors house. My kids were scared like chickens and we all had to camp in the sitting room cus the breeze entering their rooms was bringing in a lot of water and flinging lightweight things. I'm happy we got the first one fixed just yesterday cus that one was bigger and facing the sitting room. Hubby had to move a lot of things to the extreme end of the rooms.
That's how strong the breeze / wind was.
Question is could it be the climate or weather is changing? And these winds could be the norm or are the strong winds a result of the rain makers who have been chasing the rain?
please what's your location. I'm asking because a similar thing happened in lokoja.
Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by nowpresence(f): 6:41pm On May 05, 2018
nothing like that in warri
Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by jasmines(f): 7:46pm On May 05, 2018
lastmessenger:
please what's your location. I'm asking because a similar thing happened in lokoja.

Gbagada Lagos
Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by lastmessenger: 8:48pm On May 05, 2018
jasmines:

Gbagada Lagos
we have same experience here in lokoja. At a point I felt the roof of my house will pull off
Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by RTcourier: 10:44pm On May 05, 2018
It happened almost every where in Nigeria. This evening was the worst so far.

1 Like

Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by jasmines(f): 7:30am On May 06, 2018
lastmessenger:
we have same experience here in lokoja. At a point I felt the roof of my house will pull off

I really hope this doesn't become the norm.
We're just entering the rainy season

1 Like

Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by jasmines(f): 7:33am On May 06, 2018
RTcourier:
It happened almost every where in Nigeria. This evening was the worst so far.
Lol, walking on a smooth surface in that kind of weather is almost like walking on a treadmill.
I quickly rushed to my veranda to close a window I couldn't reach from outside. After that, I didn't dare touch the door cus the wind wasn't even letting me walk well. I waited out the worse outside and rushed in as soon as I felt the pressure drop.

This is the beginning of the rainy season. May God help us all

1 Like

Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by lastmessenger: 7:47am On May 06, 2018
jasmines:

I really hope this doesn't become the norm.
We're just entering the rainy season
I hope so too cos this is my first time to experience that level of wind
Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by jasmines(f): 7:52am On May 06, 2018
lastmessenger:
I hope so too cos this is my first time to experience that level of wind

I have, many years ago..over 10yrs. I remember a similar wind one night. When I remember that night, I wonder if I exaggerated it in my head. It seems it's coming back
Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by YourCoffin: 8:59am On May 06, 2018
The thing don tire me. Na so I just dey pay dstv guys everytime the wind blow to reposition my dish. Now after last night wind no signal again. I go just vex one day remove everything

1 Like

Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by Dropitlykitshot(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2018
I think its as result of deforestation as man is developing, so plant a tree in your compound.
Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by jasmines(f): 3:02pm On May 06, 2018
YourCoffin:
The thing don tire me. Na so I just dey pay dstv guys everytime the wind blow to reposition my dish. Now after last night wind no signal again. I go just vex one day remove everything

Biko no vex
Just ask those around whose dishes aren't affected by the wind how they did theirs
Re: What's The Cause Of The Recent Strong Winds by jasmines(f): 3:03pm On May 06, 2018
Dropitlykitshot:
I think its as result of deforestation as man is developing, so plant a tree in your compound.

It's true though, but this wind will snap the young trees in two o!

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Call This?? Fun Or Child Abuse / How Do I Handle My Wayward Brother?? / 22 Mind Blowing Facts About Female Psychology.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.