Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (41445 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 11:32pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Am not defending her
If it wasn't the shorthand it would have been something else related to attitude...But the man is trying to say 'judge a person by his attitude is wrong'
Guy, attitudes are one of the things used to judge people, all over the world. It is a reflection of your inner disposition or outlook to life.... sad

That is why these days, a number of multinational companies use psychometric tests, situational judgement tests and personality tests online, to measure your job-relevant cognitive abilities and personality, in order to determine if you are fit for the job. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by addicted268(f): 11:33pm On May 04, 2018
makydebbie:
I don't understand some people.

You've twenty six letters of the alphabet on your keyboard, yet you can't type in full? What is your excuse? Are you mad?

I can't chat with people who type this way. Because I can't fry my brain for every sentence you type. Mtcheew.

When you finish cumming, you'll know.

That's the lazy Nigerian youth pmb talked about.ordinary typing!
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by CriticMaestro: 11:35pm On May 04, 2018
laudate:

Guy, attitudes are one of the things used to judge people, all over the world. It is a reflection of your inner disposition or outlook to life.... sad

That is why these days, a number of multinational companies use psychometric tests, situational judgement tests and personality tests online, to measure your job-relevant cognitive abilities and personality, in order to determine if you are fit for the job. undecided
Tell that to the CIA
do u know we live in a world where 50% of hardcore Arab terrorists studied engineering in school?
This days is all about what you can give
No morals no ethics...
In a developed world sha
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 11:38pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Tell that to the CIA
do u know we live in a world where 50% of hardcore Arab terrorists studied engineering in school?
This days is all about what you can give
No morals no ethics...
In a developed world sha
You are not making much sense. Are you planning to become an Arab terrorist or what? If you want to join the "no morals, no ethics" crew, feel free. People who lack the guts, sense, discipline and intelligence to compete in the real world, are the ones who fall prey to such low standards. And their lives end up in the sewer....it is only a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by AZeD1(m): 11:39pm On May 04, 2018
harmbhrosz:
I ain't rooting for the girl

I was only quoting someone who implied that the supposed lady doesn't know how to communicate in English without blunders.

The only issue here (based on what we have in that screenshot above) is that the lady could not differentiate between a Formal and an Informal communication.

How is the employer supposed to know she can communicate in English?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by OlujobaSamuel: 11:45pm On May 04, 2018
My mum wey no pass ssce sef no even chat in such format, she sometimes communicate better and corrects us when we are wrong in use of english.
Come cum here na.
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by CriticMaestro: 11:52pm On May 04, 2018
laudate:

You are not making much sense. Are you planning to become an Arab terrorist or what? If you want to join the "no morals, no ethics" crew, feel free. People who lack the guts, sense, discipline and intelligence to compete in the real world, are the ones who fall prey to such low standards. And their lives end up in the sewer....it is only a matter of time.
Check stats
They are the biggest players in their field
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 11:53pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Check stats
They are the biggest players in their field

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by ajufinz(m): 12:01am On May 05, 2018
biacan:
He should also tell you when to stop coming

...stop Cumming grin
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Nobody: 12:14am On May 05, 2018
watsapp is the application that allows the sending of text messages.

Text messaging, or texting, is the act of composing and sending electronic messages.The term originally referred to messages sent using the Short Message Service

there is a reason it is called whatsapp and and there is a reason it is used for SMS

if you want full abbreviation use emails,if you dont understand abbreviation learn one and stop showing your stupidity on this forum,update yourself and dont lack behind

Many Nigeria dont understand what whatsapp is for,it is for SMS as i have said earlier,if you want no abbreviations use emails,it is more professional.

Many Nigerians that are mocking the girl do not know how to use whatsapp.what's app is for SMS not for boring long messages.
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by TheCongo2: 12:17am On May 05, 2018
MistadeRegal:
angry
Some people just will never learn!
That was how a girl wrote her English Essay in WAEC Exams in SMS form to beat time.
It was until the invigilator came to collect her paper she realized her mistake. Instead of people to feel sorry, all were laughing including the invigilator.
Shared as told by a student.

How were all the people laughing? Did they all read the girl essay?
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 12:22am On May 05, 2018
thebosstrevor:
watsapp is the application that allows the sending of text messages.

Text messaging, or texting, is the act of composing and sending electronic messages.The term originally referred to messages sent using the Short Message Service

there is a reason it is called whatsapp and and there is a reason it is used for SMS

if you want full abbreviation use emails,if you dont understand abbreviation learn one and stop showing your stupidity on this forum,update yourself and dont lack behind

Many Nigeria dont understand what whatsapp is for,it is for SMS as i have said earlier,if you want no abbreviations use emails,it is more professional.

Stop trying to sound enlightened, because you are NOT. Whatsapp is for sending short messages. Who says short messages cannot be grammatically correct and properly spelt? Short message does NOT mean the same thing as shorthand, o! shocked Shorthand in itself was in existence, long before Whatsapp was ever developed.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by gasparpisciotta: 12:32am On May 05, 2018
inoki247:
u no wan employ er ni.. shey na aptitude text b dat ni abi u don test er skills. pipul b using foolish xcuse for disqualification.. oyinbo go use rap answer question dem go giv him d job so far e can deliver. comot for here jhoor. Jattention wanter...

Oga adeeeee!!!!
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Nobody: 12:38am On May 05, 2018
laudate:

Stop trying to sound enlightened, because you are NOT. Whatsapp is for sending short messages. Who says short messages cannot be grammatically correct and properly spelt? Short message does NOT mean the same thing as shorthand, o! shocked Shorthand in itself was in existence, long before Whatsapp was ever developed.

you see how ignorant you are
shorthand is a total different topic and only professional who studied it can write and understand it,the most popular short hand is issac pitman shorthand(120/50) i am sure you wont understand

on whatsapp the limit is 65536 character,now most people consider it boring writing a long text because it will split your text,why don you save your self time and the person you are writing to the stress of reading a long message in a small screen,it is just logical and common sense which we lack in this part of the world.

the reason why abbreviations was made is to save our damn time, When we are really busy or in hurry, instead of using full sentences, short abbreviation are very comfortable and useful.that is what you dont undertand and it doesnt mean your english is bad or you can write a proper correct english

so stop writing what you dont know.personally i wont read your long text on whatsapp if you want to send long text use email
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by MistadeRegal(m): 12:42am On May 05, 2018
TheCongo2:

How were all the people laughing? Did they all read the girl essay?

As I was told, she realized, screamed she had been writing in short form. I wasn't there so I can't know much of what really happened.
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 12:45am On May 05, 2018
thebosstrevor:
you see how ignorant you are
shorthand is a total different topic and only professional who studied it can write and understand it,the most popular short hand is issac pitman shorthand(120/50) i am sure you wont understand

on whatsapp the limit is 65536 character,now most people consider it boring writing a long text because it will split your text,why don you save your self time and the person you are writing to the stress of reading a long message in a small screen,it is just logical and common sense which we lack in this part of the world.

the reason why abbreviations was made is to save our damn time, When we are really busy or in hurry, instead of using full sentences, short abbreviation are very comfortable and useful.that is what you dont undertand and it doesnt mean your english is bad or you can write a proper correct english

so stop writing what you dont know.personally i wont read your long text on whatsapp if you want to send long text use email

You own ignorance knows no bounds. undecided Whatsapp is an application. It is a channel of communication. It is not a platform for abbreviation. Out of all the 65536 characters allowed by Whatsapp, are you saying that you are unable to construct grammatically correct and properly spelt words, using the app? Then it means you are totally lazy! sad Using abbreviations on Whatsapp, is a choice and not a compulsion. What we are saying is that you need to know when, where and how to exercise that choice! Enlighten yourself. In this age of information, ignorance is a disease.

Go to the webpage of Whatsapp and see how the service is described, as well as its' functions. You will never see the owners of the Whatsapp platform advising people to use abbreviations...

WhatsApp Messenger is a freeware and cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service. The application allows the sending of text messages and voice calls, as well as video calls, images and other media, documents, and user location. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WhatsApp
Simple. Secure. Reliable messaging.
With WhatsApp, you'll get fast, simple, secure messaging and calling for free*, available on phones all over the world.
* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp. https://www.whatsapp.com/

[img]https://whatsappfakemessages.files./2015/05/whatsapp-on-web-1.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Nobody: 12:54am On May 05, 2018
laudate:

You own ignorance knows no bounds. undecided Whatsapp is an application. It is a channel of communication. It is not a platform for abbreviation. Out of all the 65536 characters allowed by Whatsapp, are you saying that you are unable to construct grammatically correct and properly spelt words, using the app? Then it means you are totally lazy! sad Using abbreviations on Whatsapp, is a choice and not a compulsion. Enlighten yourself. In this age of information, ignorance is a disease.

funny how a ignorant fellow is calling another person ignorant,funny how you said it is not a platform for abbreviation then when on to say using abbreviation on whatsapp is a choice not a compulsion.i can SEE how smart you are.

using abbreviation is a choice and not a compulsion,so why are you criticizing the girl who wrote in abbreviations on whatsapp?
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by harmbhrosz(m): 12:56am On May 05, 2018
AZeD1:

How is the employer supposed to know she can communicate in English?
lol was she typing in French? The problem here was that she was communicating Informally with a Formal individual so that leaves us with an inappropriate means of communication and not inability to communicate in English
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 1:03am On May 05, 2018
thebosstrevor:
funny how a ignorant fellow is calling another person ignorant,funny how you said it is not a platform for abbreviation then when on to say using abbreviation on whatsapp is a choice not a compulsion.i can SEE how smart you are.

using abbreviation is a choice and not a compulsion,so why are you criticizing the girl who wrote in abbreviations on whatsapp?

Yes, I said that using abbreviations is a choice, because you were trying to misguide people into thinking that Whatsapp was set up purposely for sending abbreviated short messages. sad It was not set up solely for use of abbreviations. It was set up to send short messages, and those messages can be grammatically correct and properly spelt. If you want to use Whatsapp to chat with your friends, and then decide to abbreviate your words, it becomes your choice. It is not compulsory to use abbreviations on Whatsapp.

These days you can also use it to send pictures, videos and make voice calls. So how do you abbreviate those ones?

The girl who wrote using abbreviations, was not chatting with a friend. She was sending a message concerning a job vacancy she needed, to a potential employer, she had never met. Does it make sense to use abbreviations, to send across such a message that calls for formal communication? undecided

There is even a new version called Whatsapp Business, which companies use to chat with their clients and customers. Do you think they would use abbreviations all through in their business messages, too? shocked

Stop being ignorant, please! shocked

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Nobody: 1:22am On May 05, 2018
If you ask me, I don't see any reason why someone would prefer to chat in shorthand when android features have made typing very much easier with the auto correct and word suggestions at your keypad for your using pleasure.
These shorthands were used to shorten text messages to save cost and also to chat on 2go back in the day with Java phones having alphanumeric buttons not now that smartphones have taken over.
I hate to chat with people who type in that manner because I simply see it as either laziness or dumbness. This is just my honest opinion on this subject and I would do the same if I were the recruiter, if she could type this way on a chat she probably might do the same while applying via email.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Nobody: 1:42am On May 05, 2018
laudate:

Yes, I said that using abbreviations is a choice, because you were trying to misguide people into thinking that Whatsapp was set up purposely for sending abbreviated short messages. sad It was not set up solely for use of abbreviations. It was set up to send short messages, and those messages can be grammatically correct and properly spelt. If you choose to use Whatsapp to chat with your friends, and then decide to abbreviate your words, it becomes your choice. It is not compulsory to use abbreviations on Whatsapp. These days you can use it to send pictures, videos and make voice calls. How do you abbreviate those ones?

The girl who wrote using abbreviations, was not chatting with a friend. She was sending a message concerning a job vacancy she needed, to a potential employer, she had never met. Does it make sense to use abbreviations, to send across such a message that calls for formal communication? undecided

There is even a new version called Whatsapp Business, which companies use to chat with their clients and customers. Do you think they would use abbreviations all through in their business messages, too? shocked

Stop being ignorant, please! shocked

now we talking about whatsapp not whatsapp business,it seems you are proud to know the different packages of whatsapp

it is strange you do not understand what is short message,short messages are always abbreviated to save time and energy,even without using whatsapp,can you write a non abbreviated message on the SMS feature on your phone,the answer is NO,it will cost you more and waste your time and energy.

likewise on whatsapp,it saves time if you write in short and abbreviated messages

i see nothing bad in what she wrote down,only a fool wont understand what she meant,she wanted to save her time and the time of the employer by being direct to the point.

a whatapp chat is a different experience and not a place of writing long speeches

it seems in this part of the world, we do not understand the functions of technology,its uses and how it is made to help us save time and energy.

to end this senseless argument as you said it is a choice to use abbreviation or nto,i dont understand why i am wasting my time arguing over someone choice.
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 1:50am On May 05, 2018
thebosstrevor:
now we talking about whatsapp not whatsapp business,it seems you are proud to know the different packages of whatsapp

it is strange you do not understand what is short message, short messages are always abbreviated to save time and energy, even without using whatsapp,can you write a non abbreviated message on the SMS feature on your phone,the answer is NO,it will cost you more and waste your time and energy.

likewise on whatsapp,it saves time if you write in short and abbreviated messages

i see nothing bad in what she wrote down,only a fool wont understand what she meant, she wanted to save her time and the time of the employer by being direct to the point.

a whatapp chat is a different experience and not a place of writing long speeches

it seems in this part of the world, we do not understand the functions of technology,its uses and how it is made to help us save time and energy.

to end this senseless argument as you said it is a choice to use abbreviation or nto,i dont understand why i am wasting my time arguing over someone choice.

No, you are the one hell bent on propagating a senseless argument, who cannot differentiate fact from fiction. sad You said "short messages are always abbreviated to save time and energy." undecided So you did a survey on all the billions of Whatsapp short messages sent by different people all over the world, and you discovered that all their short messages are always abbreviated? shocked Oga, stop telling lies, biko. shocked

Short messages can be concise, but do not have to be abbreviated. undecided They can be grammatically correct, and properly spelt. Only a lazy ignorant person would continue to insist that short messages are always written in abbreviated form.

Now, if you have nothing better to say, except to tell more lies and mislead people with your abbreviation theory, kindly get the heck out of my mentions.

Only lazy clowns would insist that what that girl wrote to a prospective employer she had never met, was correct, when in actual fact it was in very poor taste and totally unsuitable within the context in which it was made.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by AZeD1(m): 2:01am On May 05, 2018
harmbhrosz:
lol was she typing in French? The problem here was that she was communicating Informally with a Formal individual so that leaves us with an inappropriate means of communication and not inability to communicate in English
Do you think everyone who speaks pidgin English can speak proper English?

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Nobody: 2:12am On May 05, 2018
laudate:

No, you are the one hell bent on propagating a senseless argument, who cannot differentiate fact from fiction. sad You said "short messages are always abbreviated to save time and energy." undecided So you did a survey on all the billions of Whatsapp short messages sent by different people all over the world, and you discovered that all their short messages are always abbreviated? shocked Oga, stop telling lies, biko. shocked

Short messages can be concise, but do not have to be abbreviated. undecided They can be grammatically correct, and properly spelt. Only a lazy ignorant person would continue to insist that short messages are always written in abbreviated form.

Now, if you have nothing better to say, except to tell more lies and mislead people with your abbreviation theory, kindly get the heck out of my mentions.

Only lazy clowns would insist that what that girl wrote to a prospective employer she had never met, was correct, when in actual fact it was in very poor taste and totally unsuitable within the context in which it was made.

i wont want to mak this a abusive arguement.since you have the access to whatsapp message server,you can do all the sorting out by your self

i speaking from personal experience that most people abbreviate messages to save time and energy on whatsapp
if you work in a fast paced and busy work environment,i wonder if a long text will be beneficial for you

i still stand with my word,everybody understand what she wrote down except you want to make a news out of it

i see nothing wrong in what she wrote down.

professionally an email is the best option for a detailed messages.goodbye,i need to sleep.
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by AZeD1(m): 2:17am On May 05, 2018
thebosstrevor:

You don't use abbreviations for strangers especially non standard ones like the girl did.
Also short messages doesn't mean abbreviated text.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Nobody: 2:20am On May 05, 2018
AZeD1:

You don't use abbreviations for strangers especially non standard ones like the girl did.

you have your own opinion and i do have mine.lets respect it

pls stop writing me.

Thanks
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 2:20am On May 05, 2018
thebosstrevor:
i wont want to mak this a abusive arguement.since you have the access to whatsapp message server,you can do all the sorting out by your self

i speaking from personal experience that most people abbreviate messages to save time and energy on whatsapp
if you work in a fast paced and busy work environment,i wonder if a long text will be beneficial for you

i still stand with my word,everybody understand what she wrote down except you want to make a news out of it

i see nothing wrong in what she wrote down.

professionally an email is the best option for a detailed messages.goodbye,i need to sleep.

You see nothing wrong in what she wrote, because you share the same kind of lazy mindset that she has. sad I don't know how long it will take to get it through to you, that short messages can be grammatically correct and properly spelt. It is not compulsory to use abbreviations, when composing short messages. undecided

Using an abbreviation in a Whatsapp short message is a matter of choice, if a user is chatting with friends and family. Abbreviations should not be used when sending messages to prospective employers, or when transacting serious business, or sending messages pertaining to commercial activities. sad There is no rule that says short messages are always meant to be abbreviated, or written using different forms of abbreviation. shocked Now is that simple enough for you to understand, or must it be broken down into your native language for you, Mr. Abbreviation?

AZeD1:

Abeg, help me tell am! shocked

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Nobody: 2:30am On May 05, 2018
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Nobody: 2:31am On May 05, 2018
laudate:

You see nothing wrong in what she wrote, because you share the same kind of lazy mindset that she has. sad I don't know how long it will take to get it through to you, that short messages can be grammatically correct and properly spelt. It is not compulsory to use abbreviations, when composing short messages. undecided

Using an abbreviation in a Whatsapp short message is a matter of choice, if a user is chatting with friends and family. Abbreviations should not be used when sending messages to prospective employers, or when transacting serious business, or sending messages pertaining to commercial activities. sad There is no rule that says short messages are always meant to be abbreviated, or written using different forms of abbreviation. shocked Now is that simple enough for you to understand, or must it be broken down into your native language for you, Mr. Abbreviation?

Abeg, help me tell am! shocked

i see nothing wrong again.abbreviating when typing on whatsapp does not mean laziness,it means you have find a easy and less stressful way to type and summarise your messages.

pls stop writing me.have a sweet dream.

Thanks
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 2:37am On May 05, 2018
thebosstrevor:
i see nothing wrong again.abbreviating when typing on whatsapp does not mean laziness,it means you have find a easy and less stressful way to type and summarise your messages.

pls stop writing me.have a sweet dream.

Thanks

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by martinlooter(m): 2:42am On May 05, 2018
Can you even deny her the job, considering who spoke to you about the job. "A/O SARS"?
Mr. Abiodun, deny her the job at your own peril, you will just turn from motivational speaker to yahoo boy one time.
Sanko be waiting for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Solved WAEC Questions In A Job Interview Today / N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? / Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.