Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,514 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (41471 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 6:21pm On May 05, 2018
TrumpDonald2:
Imagine the way she spelt 'come' ?

Hehehe.... I no know say you sef see am! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by simiolu1(m): 8:07pm On May 05, 2018
thebosstrevor:

i see nothing wrong again.abbreviating when typing on whatsapp does not mean laziness,it means you have find a easy and less stressful way to type and summarise your messages.

you have your own opinion and i do have mine.lets respect it

pls stop writing me.have a sweet dream.

Thanks

Brother, I have read your back and forth with the person you are arguing with and please, stop defending the indefensible.

A lot of Nigerians are actually ignorant of the capabilities of their devices and simple grammar if not, they wouldn't abbreviate.

Before smart phones became a thing, there was something called T9 predictive text input on feature phones. A lot of people disabled it on their devices when sending text messages because they didn't know it's usefulness. Ever since someone taught me how to use it, I stopped typing the normal way. You see, t9 text input works with a dictionary that can be trained and when you master it, you type faster than someone who doesn't use it.

It's that same dictionary and principle that t9 was based on that modern day keyboards use. Do you know there is a difference between American English and British English and choosing either of the two affects the suggestions your keyboard would give you? Currently, I rarely type on the keyboard because I use swipe gestures.

My point is this: if you want to be lazy, find cool ways to do so. I can't count the number of times people watch me type and ask me how I swipe without making grammatical blunders.

No matter how much you try to justify it. sending messages to a potential employer using abbreviations is wrong. These days. Facebook asks me to share status updates I updated years ago but I don't because I'm usually ashamed of the way I wrote them. Typing with abbreviations is not a sin but not knowing the context of formal and informal communication and adapting your mode of communication is.

Shikena

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Mirriamvic(f): 10:02pm On May 05, 2018
makydebbie:
I don't understand some people.

You've twenty six letters of the alphabet on your keyboard, yet you can't type in full? What is your excuse? Are you mad?

I can't chat with people who type this way. Because I can't fry my brain for every sentence you type. Mtcheew.

When you finish cumming, you'll know.
lol don't mind them they're are doing that to cover their grammatical blunders
I hate it with passion

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Bigsteveg(m): 11:21pm On May 05, 2018
Evablizin:
That's why Nairaland rule 21 says,please spell words correctly when you post,and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation. gringringrin

Respect to oga seun. grin
You mean you read nairaland rules?

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by chunna08(m): 6:24am On May 06, 2018
Coldfeets:

Shame on you.

I know why you're taking it personal.

Birds of the same feather.

A so called talent that cannot string good sentences together is not even to be considered a talent at all in the first place.
oloyibo..... it is bird of a feather ma
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by okonja(m): 9:08am On May 06, 2018
Those words; "cum" were purposely used by the Lady just to give the man an insight of herself.

She's a bit.ch

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by elvisscientist(m): 9:20am On May 06, 2018
Millions Made With This Fufu Pounding Machine
fufu pounding has been stressing using the manual method and we have designed a machine that can reduce your stress and make you a millionaire in months
have been using this machine for two years and have made money through this awesome fufu machine

about the machine

its easy to operate
its pounds the fufu very smoothly and can be consumed after pounding immidiately
doesnt habour microbes as the machine has a pot that can be cleaned after use
uses fuel as its source of power
less noise and can be used in your kitchen

intrested persons should contact me on
whatsapp...08103107555
email..elvisfrosh@gmail.com

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 1:54pm On May 06, 2018
elvisscientist:
Millions Made With This Fufu Pounding Machine
fufu pounding has been stressing using the manual method and we have designed a machine that can reduce your stress and make you a millionaire in months
have been using this machine for two years and have made money through this awesome fufu machine

about the machine

its easy to operate
its pounds the fufu very smoothly and can be consumed after pounding immidiately
doesnt habour microbes as the machine has a pot that can be cleaned after use
uses fuel as its source of power
less noise and can be used in your kitchen

intrested persons should contact me on
whatsapp...08103107555
email..elvisfrosh@gmail.com
\

Post this in the business section, right here: https://www.nairaland.com/77701/introduce-business/242#up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Solved WAEC Questions In A Job Interview Today / N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? / Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.