Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun (23354 Views)

Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy / 7 Nigerian Artistes That Have Better Lyrics Than Davido And Wizkid / 4 Dope Comeback Songs By Nigerian Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 05, 2018
phranklyn92:
Wow!!! Am sure she's gorgeous! Thanks man

She is. grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by SirBunky85(m): 1:32pm On May 05, 2018
phranklyn92:
I concur... I mean who in his right senses would vote 'flora my flawa' to win a grammy grin
By the way
Today is my birthday!!! Yay! Show me some love!
cheesy wink
flora my flawa is way beta dan whizkid manya and soco.no reasonable message or lyrics.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Iamvictor(m): 1:33pm On May 05, 2018
Save Asa, no other Nigerian musician deserves international award.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by SirBunky85(m): 1:34pm On May 05, 2018
Navalsadiq:
But 2face deserves a grammy.but Mr CEO do not forget their music has made you who you are so you also do not deserve an international recognition
I will choose ASA over TUFACE for a grammy award

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by bareal(m): 1:35pm On May 05, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
I agree!
The only artist that can or should get a grammy in Nigeria is (Femi) The Kuti's. Fela should get one given to his family for his achievements. He is the Quincy Jones or Beethoven of Naija.

ALL THESE THEM WIZKID AND OTHERS ARE SMELLING WATERS. APART FROM THE KUTI, TUFACE WAS THE CLOSEST TO ANY GRAMMY BUT TRUTH BE TOLD EVEN TUFACE WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH. NA HYPE AND TITLE OF A STOLEN SONG CARRY AM REACH THAT LEVEL.
GIVE IT UP FOR THE KUTI ABEG. ORIGINAL NO DAY WASH. THESE GUYS ARE GENUISES. THEY PLAY DIFFERENT INSTRUMENTALS, ARRANGE THEIR MUSIC, WRITE THEIR OWN MATERIALS AND STILL GOT THE VOCALS TO DELIVER. ORIGINALITY IS A GIFT THAT CAN ALWAYS BE POLISHED.

WHEN YOU LISTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE ANGELIQUE KIDJO AND WATCH HER PERFORM, YOU GO UNDERSTAND. WE NO GET ARTIST.

THE REASON WHY PSQUARE DEM BLOW LIKE THIS THEM GET TALENT TO DANCE. AND THEIR PRODUCERS GET COMMERCIAL QUALITY.

I APPRECIATE ALL NIGERIAN ARTISTS OH, BUT I NO GO SUPPORT MEDIOCRITY BECAUSE THE NEXT GENERATION NO GO GET SENSE. WHAT FELA GAVE US, WIZKID IS STILL TAPPING FROM FELA. DAVIDO IS STILL TAPING. THEY CANNOT TAP FROM THEMSELVES BECAUSE NOTHING DAY THERE. YOU SEE?

GUYS ABEG MAKE UNA SUPPORT THE KUTIs. THEY ARE THE LAST OF THEIR KIND FOR 9JA OH.

If you are so limiting the grammies to the Kutis alone (which they deserve anyway) what about Lagbaja, Asa, Dare Art Alade...where do you leave these hard-working and equally talented guys then?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by ollah2: 1:39pm On May 05, 2018
themonk:

That's so true. But you know nas doesn't have as much commercial songs as other rappers with grammies. Nas is a very deep lyricist but his lack of commercial success has deterred him. Grammy is usually for songs with a blend of music and lyrics.

Also nas has been unfortunate with timing, his first album was supposed to win something but I think the grammies had issues then or something.

I quite agree with you, Rick Ross has commercial songs but still didn't win Grammy. R Kelly won only three grammies with one song I think. . Illmatic will always be talked about. Grammies wasn't given to blacks back in the days
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:50pm On May 05, 2018
EmagNig:
HipTV CEO and the organizer of the popular Headies awards, Ayo Animashaun, has made a statement on the Grammy Awards and according to him, Nigerians artistes don't deserve to win the popular Award show in America.

In a recent interview with Tribune, when Ayo Animashaun was asked what is limiting Nigerian music from winning the Grammys, he said:

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-artistes-dont-deserve-a-grammy-hiptv-ceo-ayo-animashaun/

Op, your post title is totally misleading...he never said Nigerians dont deserve the grammy, his argument is for us stop giving too much focus on their award cuz their primary focus is their industry and not ours, they dont recongnize us, he want us to put some energy on our own awards to be recognised by them...Op, This is not acceptable.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 05, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
I agree!
The only artist that can or should get a grammy in Nigeria is (Femi) The Kuti's. Fela should get one given to his family for his achievements. He is the Quincy Jones or Beethoven of Naija.

ALL THESE THEM WIZKID AND OTHERS ARE SMELLING WATERS. APART FROM THE KUTI, TUFACE WAS THE CLOSEST TO ANY GRAMMY BUT TRUTH BE TOLD EVEN TUFACE WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH. NA HYPE AND TITLE OF A STOLEN SONG CARRY AM REACH THAT LEVEL.
GIVE IT UP FOR THE KUTI ABEG. ORIGINAL NO DAY WASH. THESE GUYS ARE GENUISES. THEY PLAY DIFFERENT INSTRUMENTALS, ARRANGE THEIR MUSIC, WRITE THEIR OWN MATERIALS AND STILL GOT THE VOCALS TO DELIVER. ORIGINALITY IS A GIFT THAT CAN ALWAYS BE POLISHED.

WHEN YOU LISTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE ANGELIQUE KIDJO AND WATCH HER PERFORM, YOU GO UNDERSTAND. WE NO GET ARTIST.

THE REASON WHY PSQUARE DEM BLOW LIKE THIS THEM GET TALENT TO DANCE. AND THEIR PRODUCERS GET COMMERCIAL QUALITY.

I APPRECIATE ALL NIGERIAN ARTISTS OH, BUT I NO GO SUPPORT MEDIOCRITY BECAUSE THE NEXT GENERATION NO GO GET SENSE. WHAT FELA GAVE US, WIZKID IS STILL TAPPING FROM FELA. DAVIDO IS STILL TAPING. THEY CANNOT TAP FROM THEMSELVES BECAUSE NOTHING DAY THERE. YOU SEE?

GUYS ABEG MAKE UNA SUPPORT THE KUTIs. THEY ARE THE LAST OF THEIR KIND FOR 9JA OH.

Agreed 100%

I.cant remember the last Nigeran song.i.listened to

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by spiritedtete: 2:23pm On May 05, 2018
The mod that put the headline need to go back to school... OMG... the headline is too misleading and it is not good.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 05, 2018
He resemble the headie make bad belle never allow you to hate the progress of an industry
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Skmoda(m): 2:53pm On May 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Neither do the folks who buy your Headies award deserve it.

The Grammy isn't just for the Americans. You're wrong Ayo; it is for all deserving good musicians irrespective of clime or genre.

Nigerian artistes deserve the Grammy and even more if they merit it. Sadly, such folks don't even get nominated on your fake Headies.
mehn!!! bro...you so on point cuz the man is not making any sense at all....Grammy is for everyone...not just Americans..
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by tuzle(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2018
80 percent of the people who commented didn't read the post. The title is misleading
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by spirul77: 2:58pm On May 05, 2018
themonk:
I don't think nigerian artists deserve a Grammy but it's for a different reason though. My reason being that their lyrics are utilmately garbage. Most with nice lyrics have bad songs and most with bad lyrics have good songs. Infact it seems like nigeria is a big market for garbage lyrics.

It's also worthy of note that there are people in the US whose lyrics are inferior and even though they are big stars they haven't won any Grammy because of that an example is rick ross and no star in nigeria has a single song with lyrics that touches any of rick ross' song. This shows you how inferior our music has come to be.

They only way a nigerian would deserve a Grammy award is if they go back to the era of Fela, Osadebe and other legendary artists with reasonable song whose art form are almost completely dead in nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by spirul77: 2:59pm On May 05, 2018
[quote author=themonk post=67301036]I don't think nigerian artists deserve a Grammy but it's for a different reason though. My reason being that their lyrics are utilmately garbage. Most with nice lyrics have bad songs and most with bad lyrics have good songs. Infact it seems like nigeria is a big market for garbage lyrics.

It's also worthy of note that there are people in the US whose lyrics are inferior and even though they are big stars they haven't won any Grammy because of that an example is rick ross and no star in nigeria has a single song with lyrics that touches any of rick ross' song. This shows you how inferior our music has come to be.

They only way a nigerian would deserve a Grammy award is if they go back to the era of Fela, Osadebe and other legendary artists with reasonable song whose art form are almost completely dead in nigeria.[the only Nigeria musicians that deserve grammy are......Burma boy, brymo,ASA,the kuti's.the rest are yama yama]
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by computer0810(m): 3:34pm On May 05, 2018
is like Nigerian youth are truly lazy, u saw headline then jump to comment without reading the content......what sort of stupid generation did I found myself, despite the fact that dis happen everyday when d content is different from how d headline portray it
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Jeromegwer: 4:00pm On May 05, 2018
U guys are just hyping the Grammy, do u know that Lil uzi vert, migos nd the other thrash guys get nominated, so are u telling me those guys have lyrics

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Kendrick80(m): 4:24pm On May 05, 2018
themonk:
I don't think nigerian artists deserve a Grammy but it's for a different reason though. My reason being that their lyrics are utilmately garbage. Most with nice lyrics have bad songs and most with bad lyrics have good songs. Infact it seems like nigeria is a big market for garbage lyrics.

They only way a nigerian would deserve a Grammy award is if they go back to the era of Fela, Osadebe and other legendary artists with reasonable song whose art form are almost completely dead in nigeria.
Jesse jagZ music isn't trash
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by XhosaNostra(f): 5:16pm On May 05, 2018
The recipe is to be authentic like these guys, who have won it not once, not twice but three times & more.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by enemmo(f): 5:19pm On May 05, 2018
martineverest:
Angelique kidjo won't it last year and 4 times...she sings traditional music.

Hugh masekela,Soweto gospel,Miriam makemba are also traditional African musicians. ...femi kuti was also nominated four times

King Sunny Ade has also been nominated.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by miketayo(m): 5:20pm On May 05, 2018
This guy that always owes his staff
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by martineverest(m): 5:27pm On May 05, 2018
enemmo:

King Sunny Ade has also been nominated.
yes mam.

their genre of music and creativity spoke for them

every aspect of modern Nigeria is an antithesis of past Nigeria....
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by enemmo(f): 5:27pm On May 05, 2018
martineverest:
2face my ads....wetin him dey sing?

He has two of the best albums from his era

1 face to face
2 grass to grace

Those albums contain many classics.The songs still enjoy airplay today. How many artistes asides maybe Psquare can boast of this?
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by martineverest(m): 5:31pm On May 05, 2018
enemmo:

He has two of the best albums from his era

1 face to face
2 grass to grace

Those albums contain many classics.The songs still enjoy airplay today. How many artistes asides maybe Psquare can boast of this?
as
Grammy doesn't work that way.....Justin bieber is the most popular male musician, yet he hasn't won a major Grammy award.

2 face and psquare are just local champions...How many times have u seen both set of artistes perform worldwide apart from crowd-filled Africans

femi kuti,asa,nneka,ayo ,sunny ade, fela etc performed in western countries than african countries

I can remember the last time i saw the liKes of angelique kidjo,baba Maal ,salif kaita,yossou nd our,oumare sagbare,jobateh etc performing in africa....they are talented musicians who perform in Europe and in America

we overhype our sub par celebs too much....and this make them fee like gods

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by kolawoleibukun: 6:49pm On May 05, 2018
No na, bros. You cannot equate copy-cats originator. Check all American legends coming to tap from Fela and none taps from Lagbaja. I do love the guy oh, but his decline says much about his genius.

Asa is not in the league of Fela and Dare Art Alade is not even qualified to share a stage with Usher. That is an insult to mention Dare in the likes of Fela. Both names never come in one sentence.

Lagbaja has quality but not the type we can project to the world for a grammy. A man hiding his genius behind a mask is not bold enough to represent us.
bareal:

If you are so limiting the grammies to the Kutis alone (which they deserve anyway) what about Lagbaja, Asa, Dare Art Alade...where do you leave these hard-working and equally talented guys then?
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by kolawoleibukun: 6:50pm On May 05, 2018
obonujoker:

You should have listened to Dagrin...
that na insult na. bro who is dagrin? dagrin is just a hyped agbero. there is nothing genius about dagrin. I don't know why people think that he deserves anything at all. He should only get the headies.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by obonujoker(m): 7:12pm On May 05, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
that na insult na. bro who is dagrin? dagrin is just a hyped agbero. there is nothing genius about dagrin. I don't know why people think that he deserves anything at all. He should only get the headies.

So biggie and tupac weren't agberos??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by obonujoker(m): 7:15pm On May 05, 2018
martineverest:
Grammy doesn't work that way.....Justin bieber is the most popular male musician, yet he hasn't won a major Grammy award.

2 face and psquare are just local champions...How many times have u seen both set of artistes perform worldwide apart from crowd-filled Africans

femi kuti,asa,nneka,ayo ,sunny ade, fela etc performed in western countries than african countries

I can remember the last time i saw the liKes of angelique kidjo,baba Maal ,salif kaita,yossou nd our,oumare sagbare,jobateh etc performing in africa....they are talented musicians who perform in Europe and in America

we overhype our sub par celebs too much....and this make them fee like gods

Tuface is sub par??
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by obonujoker(m): 7:20pm On May 05, 2018
Hasn't Dbanj won a Grammy??
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by kolawoleibukun: 8:26pm On May 05, 2018
obonujoker:

So biggie and tupac weren't agberos??
trendsetters. even at that. check how many award tupac and biggy get. it will shock you. if you want to be agbero you have to create a new niche and excel at it. dagrin is a copy-cat. does not deserve anything.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by kolawoleibukun: 8:27pm On May 05, 2018
obonujoker:
Hasn't Dbanj won a Grammy??
you no ask of Nice ?

Dbanj with his best hit did not make top 20 in the US
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by cbrass(m): 8:39pm On May 05, 2018
themonk:

Has R. Kelly won a Grammy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How big the little Adaeze Of Superkids is now (VIDEO) / Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive / Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.