Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” (39585 Views)

‘headies Is Yoruba Award, No Igbo Artist Performed Or Won An... / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by ZorGBUooeh: 4:17pm On May 08, 2018
Hahahaha! Say sumtin new na..We all know that the headies have lost its value ad they are living on dia past glory.

Igbos should just leave the award for them na dem go taya if dem they give demselves..We should stop talking about the award cos by doing so we are hyping it unknowingly.

Igbos need a music channel,secondly the music channel should organize an award that will be given based on credibility..Thirdly it should be organized in the old eastern region maybe port harcourt,calabar or owerri.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 08, 2018
paschal9:
I don't think headies is at fault tho cos they r so substandard ,tribalism my foot

But I think dat Yoruba big artistes r playing mind games by promoting tribalism.

4 instance when p square was at d top of their game d only signed a Yoruba artiste... like wise don jazzy

now relating to dis I don't think d Yoruba top artiste who owns a music label like wizkid n davido hv any igbo artiste in their respective music label...

I think d good advice is lets promote good artistes no matter their ethnic groups...music knows no #tribe.

Are you well at all? Isn't Don Jazzy Igbo? Isn't Peruzzi signed to Davido's DMW igbo? What exactly is your problem?

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by BiggerbossAmani(m): 4:28pm On May 08, 2018
Hardamz:
Your Village People Are Stupid, Wetin Igbo Musicians Dey Do? O.B.O & Wizzy Pass Dem All.
so Runtown,Phyno,Flavour,Tekno,Timaya and so on are doing nothing abi bros

I command sense to fall on you

stop this TRIBALISM before it will lead to war

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by jagorinho: 4:28pm On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

Everywhere in Africa and Europe and the Caribbean.

Mad over you was rocking and the views are still increasing.

If not that davido was too hot, the runtown nigga deserves artist of the year.

But the fact that he could not even win one single category is just sick.
what is in mad over you? that song is above average at best, it shows your people sucks at music if the best song your people are shouting to be included is mad over you, i dont take your input on matters seriously because you are just too emotional on matters you should use logic, for you to say mikel earns over £ 300000 per week when you could have just check it up is a big low, very BIG!!!
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by BiggerbossAmani(m): 4:31pm On May 08, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:
Hahahaha! Say sumtin new na..We all know that the headies have lost its value ad they are living on dia past glory.

Igbos should just leave the award for them na dem go taya if dem they give demselves..We should stop talking about the award cos by doing so we are hyping it unknowingly.

Igbos need a music channel,secondly the music channel should organize an award that will be given based on credibility..Thirdly it should be organized in the old eastern region maybe port harcourt,calabar or owerri.
true talk bro
My respect bro besides God go judge headies

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by gurnam: 5:00pm On May 08, 2018
kenex4ever:
you know what I mean, let's just forget about this bro. I may b wrong.

Anyway you dice it, that Insta OP is wrong, and this sort of thing always start by Ibos. The national team is dominated by igbos, but you hardly see Nigeirans complaining, the English speaking Nollywood is run by Igbos, you don’t see people coming up to rubbish it with this sort of post, but once Ibos don’t see themselves dominating an area, they either look for ways to tarnish the reputation or cry marginalization

What is bad is bad

6 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by gurnam: 5:03pm On May 08, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:

You’ve been shouting war war since the page one of this thread, why no go and start the war with the next Yoruba guy that comes your way.

Idiot

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by gurnam: 5:24pm On May 08, 2018
shizzle1:
ilugunboy, the current super eagles team is selected on merit for once in over 20 years(Since westerhof) because a french-german is coach . Oyibo don't know Igbos or yorooba.

The headies is yorooba owned and organised, even the judges etc

We are talking about merit not necessarily Igbos winning it, get that?

This is what we are saying, Ibos only see merit when they dominates, but when they don’t, try look for how to tarnish the reputation of the project.
Anyway, It’s good most Nigerians are gettting to know how the typical Ibo person think

I think Ibo should start looking for Ibo sponsors and organizing their own award in Enugu and forget about Headties and other such awards.

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Hardamz(m): 5:49pm On May 08, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:

Bro, The Recognition Wey OBO & Wizzy get internationally, all the aforementioned artistes do not come close. Buh U Keep promoting mediocrity in the East, What has the likes of Illbliss, Chidinma, WAJE & co done this year alone?
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by undisputednesta(m): 5:57pm On May 08, 2018
Trustworthiness:

The number one problem of this country called Nigeria are the South east people. They always attribute everything to tribalism when things did not go thier way. The main headache of the nation called Nigeria. Bunch of greedy, proud and egoistic, self centered, and all negative attitudes infected people. Hypocrites.

I am posting this rili late. But I do agree with ur post. As an example, most players in our National team (Super eagles) are made up of players with eastern origin but yet no one is making an issue out of it. So I don't see why dis shld be an issue. My fellow brother from the east should learn that d world doesn't revolve round dem.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kenex4ever(m): 6:07pm On May 08, 2018
gurnam:

Anyway you dice it, that Insta OP is wrong, and this sort of thing always start by Ibos. The national team is dominated by igbos, but you hardly see Nigeirans complaining, the English speaking Nollywood is run by Igbos, you don’t see people coming up to rubbish it with this sort of post, but once Ibos don’t see themselves dominating an area, they either look for ways to tarnish the reputation or cry marginalization

What is bad is bad
let's not go about d nollywood thing because I know how my Yoruba friends condemn it and call it igbotic. When I was serving in one of d southwest States during d nations cup dat nigeria won, I remember how d Yorubas at d viewing centre were complaining dat they used ojoro to select those players because igbos dominated it.

Bro don't make it look like Yorubas don't speak up when they feel marginalized.

But for real, let's 4get about this, it's not worth d argument. I may b wrong all along
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Basic123: 8:08pm On May 08, 2018
shizzle1:

Dunce

Here, enlighten your hydraulic soup filled brain or maybe it's IPOB lies according to abobaku dunderhead. Ezi

http://black-inventor.com/dr-philip-emeagwali.asp

yes he is a computer guru.

but its written not anywhere that he is a the father of computer!

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by EarthXmetahuman: 8:13pm On May 08, 2018
shizzle1:
ilugunboy, the current super eagles team is selected on merit for once in over 20 years(Since westerhof) because a french-german is coach . Oyibo don't know Igbos or yorooba.

The headies is yorooba owned and organised, even the judges etc

We are talking about merit not necessarily Igbos winning it, get that? Igbos are not seeking to dominate, Igbos are only interested on things done in merit. Nollywood you alluded to gives awards to deserving winners unlike the tribalsitic sham that the headers have become down the years
see the disgusting hypocrisy of a bloody flat head..

Stephen keshi went to the nations cup with 9 igbo players and one hausa on the pitch, lemme guess, Stephen keshi is French German?

Fucking shameful bigoted hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by EarthXmetahuman: 8:16pm On May 08, 2018
gurnam:

This is what we are saying, Ibos only see merit when they dominates, but when they don’t, try look for how to tarnish the reputation of the project.
Anyway, It’s good most Nigerians are gettting to know how the typical Ibo person think

I think Ibo should start looking for Ibo sponsors and organizing their own award in Enugu and forget about Headties and other such awards.
or they should call it flat headies cheesy

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by ZorGBUooeh: 8:40pm On May 08, 2018
gurnam:

Yeah I agree yu..Ibos should start organizing dia own award..Lets see who will loose when headies ad co turn to yoruba regional award.

Any ibo man that talks about the award next year ad hold it in high esteem,should go for brain check..If we stop talking about it,it won't trend,ad when it doesn't trend Nobody will take it serious.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by gurnam: 8:54pm On May 08, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

Yeah I agree yu..Ibos should start organizing dia own award..Lets see who will loose when headies ad co turn to yoruba regional award.

Any ibo man that talks about the award next year ad hold it in high esteem,should go for brain check..If we stop talking about it,it won't trend,ad when it doesn't trend Nobody will take it serious.

Start doing that now and stop all these crying all over SM. Yorubas don’t care
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by ZorGBUooeh: 9:39pm On May 08, 2018
gurnam:

Start doing that now and stop all these crying all over SM. Yorubas don’t care
That's what am doing na.
Headies can't stop them from making good music ad money..They should leave it for the yorubas to reward themselves..Simple angry
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by gurnam: 9:50pm On May 08, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

That's what am doing na.
Headies can't stop them from making good music ad money..They should leave it for the yorubas to reward themselves..Simple angry

lol just like you all took out your savings in GTBank grin
Cry babies grin

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by ZorGBUooeh: 10:17pm On May 08, 2018
gurnam:

lol just like you all took out your savings in GTBank grin
Cry babies grin
Who be the cry baby?Be ready to nominate sani danger along side davido next year.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Jimmy231: 10:31pm On May 08, 2018
Josh64:

Don't quote me ever again mofo! I have no problem with Ibos having awards at the event if they deserved it. I am just pointing out it is quite obvious this guy is seeking attention as we have aired this same issue and we have all forgotten about it. Besides, only "mad over you" deserve an award in my opinion and I am still baffled how it didnt get any, but we can all understand the organizers preference for Davido to the recently controversial Runtown who is only making the news for very wrong reasons.
mungun keep short Jor. See how rubbish sweet for ur mouth
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Kfed4ril(m): 10:43pm On May 08, 2018
Omololu2121:
What a stupid idiot.

Majority of the artist that performed during the BBN show are Yoruba's, is BBN also a Yoruba program?

Tell me an Igbo female musician that is as good as Simisola or tiwa savage.

Olamide is presently better than phyno,tekno has nothing on davido

Now forget tribalism olamide is the wackiest made rapper in 9ja, any song olamide raps I don’t like it, I prefer when he sings like shakiti bobo and co. When it comes to rap phyno and olamide dey learn but phyno pass olamide.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 4:12am On May 09, 2018
Trustworthiness:

The number one problem of this country called Nigeria are the South east people. They always attribute everything to tribalism when things did not go thier way. The main headache of the nation called Nigeria. Bunch of greedy, proud and egoistic, self centered, and all negative attitudes infected people. Hypocrites.

Bastard if the South East is Nigeria's problem, why do you say 1 Nigeria when ever they beat the drum of Biafra?!
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 4:24am On May 09, 2018
jimrog:
The way Igbo dominate the national football team ehn, if it is Yoruba or Hausa that dominates, we no go dey hear word at all. Can't imagine how a set of ppl can be so greedy and self-centered like igbos o..always complaining abt everything.

Do things by merit
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 4:29am On May 09, 2018
sokera:
This is one thing I hate about Igbo people , they are the problem of this country , they are quick to cry and see what others are not even thinking about ... igbos dominates Nigeria football teams and no tribe as ever shout foul or argue about that ... the whole Nigeria love the fact that Igbo dominate our football team and they are doing us proud , we love them ... why igbos not not just accept that Yoruba dominates music industry, your song can’t be 100 percent hit without putting one or two Yoruba language or Yoruba slags ... that is because Yoruba are natural musicain in nature ... Yoruba language blend well in music and yoruba do more of parties and merry ..... Igbo will be shouting marginalized like other tribe are not suffering what they are suffering... igbos need to let that their greed stop at eastern part of nigeria , they should not spread that bad habit all of over nigeria ...

You lack sense, things should be done by merit and not mere dominance
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 4:54am On May 09, 2018
Nowenuse:

Why did you not talk about Nollywood and the Nigerian football team that has always been dominated by igbos and nobody complains?

Mind you I'm from the middlebelt, but this attitude you Igbos sometimes exhibit is really sickening.

You lack sense
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 4:56am On May 09, 2018
hotwax:

Your father na fool.

Your mother na zombie
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by jimrog: 5:59am On May 09, 2018
AgentOfDarkness:

Do things by merit

OK look at those categories and suggest those Igbo artist that have done better than the winners...abi things are only done by merit when Igbo dominates...

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Humblega(m): 7:42am On May 09, 2018
I cant understand why a tribe will always see marginalisation where there is non.........

** igbo dominates Super eagle.....no marginalization

** Igbo dominates final of bbn.....some pple said igbo is everywhere

*** igbo dominates nolywood awards every years,...no 1
complains

**igbo dominates beauty contests....even represent majority of nortern states.....no 1 complains

***now igbo lost out in headies award.....pple started jumping from d roof.

Dont worry dey will soon start olosho contest to add 1 to ur dominance area

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by EarthXmetahuman: 8:14am On May 09, 2018
Let it Be on Record that igbos introduced Tribalism and bigotry to Nigerian Music industry just as they have done with politics.

There was no provocation or any form of bigortry towards igbo artist prior to the headies award. Igbos decided to introduce tribalism because they feel they are not excelling enough and Yorubas are doing better than them.

This Thread and post Should be Used for future reference when they start getting plummeted in other aspect they are exelling in the country.

This is neccesary to avoid rewrite of history to play their victim card when they start getting plummeted at their own disgusting Tribalism game.

It all started with headies award 2018 and no other events before that.
Don't let anyone re write this history.

5 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Josh64(m): 8:50am On May 09, 2018
Jimmy231:
mungun keep short Jor. See how rubbish sweet for ur mouth

Really? How short do you want me to keep? Oponu!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz / "Made For You": Banky W Features Adesua Etomi In New Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.