Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” (39584 Views)

‘headies Is Yoruba Award, No Igbo Artist Performed Or Won An... / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by paschal9(m): 1:23pm On May 08, 2018
I don't think headies is at fault tho cos they r so substandard ,tribalism my foot

But I think dat Yoruba big artistes r playing mind games by promoting tribalism.

4 instance when p square was at d top of their game d only signed a Yoruba artiste... like wise don jazzy

now relating to dis I don't think d Yoruba top artiste who owns a music label like wizkid n davido hv any igbo artiste in their respective music label...

I think d good advice is lets promote good artistes no matter their ethnic groups...music knows no #tribe.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Fatherofdragons: 1:28pm On May 08, 2018
Simbrixton:
Maybe the problem of the igbos is they are not inclusive in nature this day an age, igbos still rarely sell land to non igbos and we say we are one. The igbos need to be less tribal and clannish and love would flow naturally
The problem with these yorubas is that they feel that they sophisticated, they are inbuilt liars, and too fetish to the extent of cutting of peoples heads for rituals ,they always find fault in other people while they themselves aren't any better, the earlier they stop that their numerous propaganda the better and then the love will flow naturally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Simbrixton(m): 1:33pm On May 08, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
The problem with these yorubas is that they feel that they sophisticated, they are inbuilt liars, and too fetish to the extent of cutting of peoples heads for rituals ,they always find fault in other people while they themselves aren't any better, the earlier they stop that their numerous propaganda the better and then the love will flow naturally.
Let us see
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Simbrixton(m): 1:41pm On May 08, 2018
DaRuud:
Bovi na Yoruba guy ?

He was being sarcastic

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by pressplay411(m): 1:47pm On May 08, 2018
sod09:
attention seeker
mi is yoruba?
bovi is yoruba?
last time phyno was given the award he ridiculed it, teckno also blasted the award.
better to give those who appreciate it than those proud guys

Does Jude Abaga sound like a yoruba name? Didn't MI get Lyricist on the Roll?

This is however a wake up call to the igbo musicians to up their game. Phyno, Flavour and Tecno can't do it alone.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by shizzle1: 1:52pm On May 08, 2018
The guy made a very true observation. It's high time Igbo artists ignore this sham of an award

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by shizzle1: 1:55pm On May 08, 2018
Basic123:
but the same reason doesn't go for Nobel prize of 1986 won by wole Soyinka that you IGBOs believed should be won by chinua Achebe .

you IGBOs are disgusting tribalists,breeds and cry baby!
thesame way you hypocrites and disgusting yoroobas tried to discredit Phillip Emeagwali whom the world already acclaimed as the father of computer and you despicable yorooba want to kill yoursleves over it

Yoruba are a despicable and disgusting bunch of hateful, bitter and envious things

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by deebrownneymar: 1:55pm On May 08, 2018
Name one award an igbo person should have won?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by deebrownneymar: 1:57pm On May 08, 2018
pressplay411:

Does Jude Abaga sound like a yoruba name? Didn't MI get Lyricist on the Roll?

This is however a wake up call to the igbo musicians to up their game. Phyno, Flavour and Tecno can't do it alone.

M.I was given that award out of pity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by zinaunreal(m): 1:59pm On May 08, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
you guys are stupid beyond my comprehension.

So igbo musicians doesn't deserve an award in Nigeria.

As for jimmy231 you think lagos is the only place that promote talent or music then you must be crazy.

You guy should stop marginalizing Igbos now is possible before it will lead to war between Nigeria tribes.

That's my advice " he who has ear should hear'

Thank God am stupid beyond your own comprehension. Your comprehension wey no better pass buhari government. Sharap dia and face the face. Afonja oshi
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by chiboy1116: 2:00pm On May 08, 2018
Guess what ? grin grin grin.

.All of una no get sense.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by chiboy1116: 2:02pm On May 08, 2018
deebrownneymar:
Name one award an igbo person should have won?
balloon d 'or .....
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Slikbae: 2:02pm On May 08, 2018
Why Yoruba dey run come take Niger Delta money?
Jimmy231:
This one na mumu.. Why you go compare mad over you to If or FIA. More so how many igbo they sing. Shey two face no collect award ni.. NA yoruba dominate Nigerian hip hop industry either you like It or not.. Why all of them they run Come Lagos
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Okoyeebos: 2:12pm On May 08, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
that's why am try to warn you guys to stop this TRIBALISM, because when it will lead to war I doubt if you guys yoruba hausa will survive what will befall on your tribes.

My friend, shut up your mouth. The last time there was war in this country, you people lost.179 Yoruba soldiers roundly defeated 5,000 Biafran soldiers at Ore and you don't have shame.

You're loud-mouthed loafers who can't organise a single riot not to talk of war. You keep mentioning war as if anyone from your place ever won one.

If there's war today, we'll beat you clowns as we've been beating your fathers.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Okoyeebos: 2:15pm On May 08, 2018
vickydevoka:

dis is not a case of inferiority complex. its a case of unfairness not injustice.

When Tuface won, it wasn't unfair?
When Illbliss won Lyricist on the roll over Falz, it wasn't unfair?

What I've discovered is that wherever Igbos aren't allowed to cheat, they cry tribalism and marginalisation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Killurself: 2:20pm On May 08, 2018
The vote that make miracle win bbn, Is the same vote that make Yoruba artist win headies award. Why are you complain, this is not first headies award in Nigeria you should tell ur Igbo artist to do more and vote more not spreading hatred between tribe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Elnino4ladies: 2:34pm On May 08, 2018
deebrownneymar:

So, MI was given two awards out of pity? can you see how stupid you are?
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by shiffynaani(m): 2:44pm On May 08, 2018
Clinton9000:

If You Go Out Now, You Would Mix And Laugh With People Of Whom So Many Of Them Will Be Igbo that your fellow Yoruba man Awolowo murdered and starved to death of 3 million of their children, and you think they are happy with you? Hypocrites! If you dare reply me again, I deal with you with anger because 5 of my uncles were starved to death by Awolowo!
i Now Understand Why U Were Barking Angrily Before. My Dear Brother, If You Can't Forget The Past, May God Not Let Stagnation Be Your Portion O. Pls Forget The Past And Move On. Let Bygones Be Bygones. No Tribe Is Saint. For Your Information, I Got So Many Igbo Friends And You Can't Pitch Me Against Them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by gurnam: 3:12pm On May 08, 2018
According to Ibos

Nigeria Super Eagles = 75% Ibo = Merit

Nigeria Music Award = 75 % Yoruba = Tribalism

If you have to give 10 things to 10 people and you don’t give the Ibo man the whole 10 so that other people can share 0..the Igbo man will still shout marginalization.

Igbos..I carry yansh up for your warped ways of reasoning

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:17pm On May 08, 2018
paschal9:
I don't think headies is at fault tho cos they r so substandard ,tribalism my foot

But I think dat Yoruba big artistes r playing mind games by promoting tribalism.

4 instance when p square was at d top of their game d only signed a Yoruba artiste... like wise don jazzy

now relating to dis I don't think d Yoruba top artiste who owns a music label like wizkid n davido hv any igbo artiste in their respective music label...

I think d good advice is lets promote good artistes no matter their ethnic groups...music knows no #tribe.
Peruzzi(Tobechukwu Victor Okoh) was signed by Davido. Artistes like KC and Presh were signed and became popular under Kennis Music(owned by Yorubas). As at mid 2000 there is a record label called east-side record where this late rapper, MC Loph was signed, no Yoruba artistes was signed in that record label. They don't even mingle with non-Igbo artistes. Igbo should stop shouting marginalization because things aren't favouring them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Basic123: 3:22pm On May 08, 2018
shizzle1:
thesame way you hypocrites and disgusting yoroobas tried to discredit Phillip Emeagwali whom the world already acclaimed as the father of computer and you despicable yorooba want to kill yoursleves over it

Yoruba are a despicable and disgusting bunch of hateful, bitter and envious things

Dindinrin

world acclaimed grin

Father of computer grin

Igbo people self

https://www.nairaland.com/4249890/another-one-ipob-bureau-statistics/1

see how the dull dey compare black with white.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by scarffield(m): 3:24pm On May 08, 2018
Jimmy231:
This one na mumu.. Why you go compare mad over you to If or FIA. More so how many igbo they sing. Shey two face no collect award ni.. NA yoruba dominate Nigerian hip hop industry either you like It or not.. Why all of them they run Come Lagos
Ode leleyi sha!.....'mad over you' was d biggest hit in africa last year.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kenex4ever(m): 3:31pm On May 08, 2018
olujastro:

Kenneth, so you are one of those spoiling Nigeria with this tribalism crap? grin grin
Did Nairaland or APC's victory do this to you or have you always been like this since university days? grin
Because I noticed ever since Buhari/APC won against the wishes of Igbo votes for the first time, tribalism has multiplied from the Eastern axis of Nigeria. Every single action in Nigeria, be it political, sports, entertainment, and even individual feats, has been x-rayed under the ethnicity microscope especially by Internet warriors.

My questions for you are:
1. Does Nigeria not have hundreds of tribes?
2. Do other tribes not have mouths to cry marginalisation?
3. Why does this attitude of playing the victim have to come from one tribe alone?
4. What does an appointment, an award, etc. add to your pocket if given to an Igbo person?
Why should you care if whoever gets it is probably as/more competent? Aren't we supposed to be more interested in getting results and making progress instead? Is Fashola for example not fixing roads all over Nigeria even though he's from Lagos?
Honestly, this whole thing has to stop if Nigeria must make progress in all areas of our life.

I get surprised when I see such debates online because it doesn't even occur to me that a certain tribe got more. It's when I come on Nairaland that the topics here make me realise that.
Nairaland has become the biggest promoter of tribalism in Nigeria by bringing controversial posts that divide us the more to front-page all for web traffic. Seun, please take note.
Charles,
I actually replied a guy that said something I felt was wrong and didn't even want to open d topic when it made front page at first but I eventually did.

I wanted to reply you on whatsapp but on a second thought, let's talk here since you quoted me here.
Firstly, these tribal comments are not personal, they only exist and end here as far as I'm concerned.

If you've noticed, in America when oscar does not got to black Americans even though they constitute a large part of Hollywood, they complain n plan for boycott n you hear things like "Oscar is too white"

Let's come to Nigeria, in d music industry yorubas are outnumbers others while igbos follow closely before Niger Delta region. In terms of artists that make it to lagos. Whether you like it or not, this is because lagos is Yorubaland and before any other tribe can sell there his music must b a good one.

Anybody that is going to organize an award in d spirit of fareness and in d name of Nigeria should allow proper voting from Nigerians and not by nominating people or by rigged voting. This will ensure dat Nigerians are evenly awarded n d credibility of d organizers won b questioned. Even sola fapson, a yoruba girl shouted ojoro before presenting wizkid's award.

Also it's not only igbos dat are complaining about this year's headies, even akwa ibom people n Niger delta as a whole, if I'm you think I'm lying, I will show you on Facebook.

Don't bring election n your apc into this, after all goodluck is not igbo.

You are just like every other nigerian,
Once we support something or somebody it's very hard for us to see any wrong with that person. All I see in ur fb page is defending PMB's every mistake. All the things you told me fashola and buhari will do if elected non has been done especially d light aspect dat you complained bitterly about.

Back to d matter, I don't give a Bleep about headies or any award. I understand d owner of headies is a yoruba man but when you do a Nigerian thing then try to make it nigerian and not one sided.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Kobicove(m): 3:37pm On May 08, 2018
This guy should have just kept his mouth shut!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by pressplay411(m): 3:38pm On May 08, 2018
deebrownneymar:

You're entitled to your opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by gurnam: 3:49pm On May 08, 2018
kenex4ever:
Charles,
I actually replied a guy that said something I felt was wrong and didn't even want to open d topic when it made front page at first but I eventually did.

I wanted to reply you on whatsapp but on a second thought, let's talk here since you quoted me here.
Firstly, these tribal comments are not personal, they only exist and end here as far as I'm concerned.

If you've noticed, in America when oscar does not got to black Americans even though they constitute a large part of Hollywood, they complain n plan for boycott n you hear things like "Oscar is too white"

Let's come to Nigeria, in d music industry yorubas are outnumbers others while igbos follow closely before Niger Delta region. In terms of artists that make it to lagos. Whether you like it or not, this is because lagos is Yorubaland and before any other tribe can sell there his music must b a good one.

Anybody that is going to organize an award in d spirit of fareness and in d name of Nigeria should allow proper voting from Nigerians and not by nominating people or by rigged voting. This will ensure dat Nigerians are evenly awarded n d credibility of d organizers won b questioned. Even sola fapson, a yoruba girl shouted ojoro before presenting wizkid's award.

Also it's not only igbos dat are complaining about this year's headies, even akwa ibom people n Niger delta as a whole, if I'm you think I'm lying, I will show you on Facebook.

Don't bring election n your apc into this, after all goodluck is not igbo.

You are just like every other nigerian,
Once we support something or somebody it's very hard for us to see any wrong with that person. All I see in ur fb page is defending PMB's every mistake. All the things you told me fashola and buhari will do if elected non has been done especially d light aspect dat you complained bitterly about.

Back to d matter, I don't give a Bleep about headies or any award. I understand d owner of headies is a yoruba man but when you do a Nigerian thing then try to make it nigerian and not one sided.

Make it a Nigerian thing by applying quota system to the awardees?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kenex4ever(m): 3:58pm On May 08, 2018
gurnam:

Make it a Nigerian thing by applying quota system to the awardees?
you know what I mean, let's just forget about this bro. I may b wrong.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Emilokoiyawon: 3:58pm On May 08, 2018
Please which tribe can stand toe to toe to Yorubas in terms of music? Oga OAP stop disgracing your tribe in public.

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Hardamz(m): 4:01pm On May 08, 2018
DefSimple:

U have a problem understanding simple English.!
You Are A Problem, What Is Full Stop doing before exclamation mark?
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Hardamz(m): 4:03pm On May 08, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
you guys are stupid beyond my comprehension.

So igbo musicians doesn't deserve an award in Nigeria.

As for jimmy231 you think lagos is the only place that promote talent or music then you must be crazy.

You guy should stop marginalizing Igbos now is possible before it will lead to war between Nigeria tribes.

That's my advice " he who has ear should hear'
Your Village People Are Stupid, Wetin Igbo Musicians Dey Do? O.B.O & Wizzy Pass Dem All.

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by DefSimple: 4:13pm On May 08, 2018
Hardamz:
You Are A Problem, What Is Full Stop doing before exclamation mark?
Bye.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by deebrownneymar: 4:17pm On May 08, 2018
Elnino4ladies:

So, MI was given two awards out of pity? can you see how stupid you are?

Your parents are stupid

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz / "Made For You": Banky W Features Adesua Etomi In New Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.