Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” (39588 Views)

‘headies Is Yoruba Award, No Igbo Artist Performed Or Won An... / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:27am On May 08, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
And they want to bring tribalism to music industry

What is wrong with Igbo people and bigotry ?

Sem use am do these people?
It is not a one -off something.

It is a consistent show of bigotry so people are right to complain.

if the organisers explain that the headies award is an egbe omo -oduduwa wankfestt, then it would be stupid of me to complain.

You can't call it a Nigerian musical award and you expect me not to complain when ngbatii -ngbatii nonetities are honoured instead of better content.

Phyno outshined the vulgar reminisce this year in terms of high quality hits. Guess who won the best rap?

And it is not just a one -off aberration . The controversy is yearly.

8 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by EarthXmetahuman: 10:27am On May 08, 2018
[s]
Afam4eva:
I really don't understand why people complain about things like this. It's just common sense. The Headies is a Yoruba owned award and they will definitely be bias in giving awards even if they don't intend to. It's just like the grammies. It's an American awardbut from time to time, musicians outside the US get to win it but t's still largely an American award won mostly by Americans.
[/s]I'm still waiting for the day you will make sense on this forum..

So those who won the awards don't deserve it right? They should make is a quota system to satisfy you bigoted flat heads. But when igbo s dominated bbn final, the organizers of bbn are not igbos.
Or we should not consider making our national team (a national team)

I don't even know who do you people like this.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by BiggerbossAmani(m): 10:28am On May 08, 2018
Jimmy231:
This one na mumu.. Why you go compare mad over you to If or FIA. More so how many igbo they sing. Shey two face no collect award ni.. NA yoruba dominate Nigerian hip hop industry either you like It or not.. Why all of them they run Come Lagos
shamss:
No sense in what he has said.. so FIRS government revenue agency is also yoruba.. too much sentiment, it's ple like this Dat divide the nation.
Josh64:
With your scrawny body and oversized T-shirt. Don't work on yourself and be seeking attention there ehn! Olodo.
Hardamz:
Who Is This One?
zinaunreal:
Afonja...See dia Head like headies
you guys are stupid beyond my comprehension.

So igbo musicians doesn't deserve an award in Nigeria.

As for jimmy231 you think lagos is the only place that promote talent or music then you must be crazy.

You guy should stop marginalizing Igbos now is possible before it will lead to war between Nigeria tribes.

That's my advice " he who has ear should hear'

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 10:28am On May 08, 2018
Cry babies have started..is it our fault that yeebhoe artists dont blow beyond Enugu?. Even the ones that blow is always with the help of Yoruba artist.e.g phyno,tecno..Yorubas run the music industry since the days of fela,king sunny ade deal with it and shove ur bigotry up your dumbasses.And by the way its called an AWARD not a BIRTHRIGHT it is given to who the organizers feel deserves it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Afam4eva(m): 10:28am On May 08, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
[s][/s]I'm still waiting for the day you will make sense on this forum..

So those who won the awards don't deserve it right? They should make is a quota system to satisfy you bigoted flat heads. But when igbo s dominated bbn final, the organizers of bbn are not igbos.
Or we should not consider making our national team (a national team)

I don't even know who do you people like this.
Read my post again, but this time slowly. We're both saying the same thing.

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Okoyeebos: 10:28am On May 08, 2018
Yorubas have won 13 Grammys, Igbos don't have a single nomination not to talk of winning a single Grammys. Does it make the Grammys a Yoruba award?

Igbos are suffering from an extreme case of inferiority complex. It is evident from the way they analyse issues and events.

It is quite unfortunate that this is the object of ridicule and illogicality that Igbos have been reduced to.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by EarthXmetahuman: 10:28am On May 08, 2018
[s]
CSTR1003:

It is not a one -off something.

It is a consistent show of bigotry so people are right to complain.

if the organisers explain that the headies award is an egbe omo -oduduwa wankfestt, then it would be stupid of me to complain.

You can't call it a Nigerian musical award and you expect me not to complain when ngbatii -ngbatii nonetities are honoured instead of better content.

Phyno outshined the vulgar reminisce this year in terms of high quality hits. Guess who won the best rap?

And it is not just a one -off aberration . The controversy is yearly.
[/s]no one complained when bbn final was all igbos.

No one complained when national team is all igbo.. Igbo must complain when things dont favor them.

Igbo must have everything.

Sucks to be igbo.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:29am On May 08, 2018
sod09:
lmao nigeria has a whole dont have music industry
pls tell me what is good in phyno, teckno and the rest
they are all weed smoking artitsts with vulgar lyrics
What is good in phyno and tekno ?

There is more talent in phyno's little finger than in the entire Yoruba rap sector .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by EarthXmetahuman: 10:29am On May 08, 2018
Afam4eva:

read my post again, but this time slowly. We're both saying the same thing.
we are not saying the same thing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by aspirebig: 10:30am On May 08, 2018
ok
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Okoyeebos: 10:30am On May 08, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
you guys are stupid beyond my comprehension.

So igbo musicians doesn't deserve an award in Nigeria.

As for jimmy231 you think lagos is the only place that promote talent or music then you must be crazy.

You guy should stop marginalizing Igbo now is possible before it will lead to war almost Nigeria tribes.

That's my advice " he who has ear should hear'

Marginalising Igbos in awards again, are you mentally okay?

Stop talking nonsense. Which useless war? Have your fathers ever won a single war since the entire history of your tribe?

Last time they went to war, you were beaten like drums.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by sod09(m): 10:30am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

There is more talent in phyno's little finger than in the entire Yoruba rap sector .
what ever rock your boat bro grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Chiedu4Trump: 10:31am On May 08, 2018
madridguy:
grin grin grin grin ayam tired of this people. Anything that favors Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani always give them headache. I tire for una ooooo
Dey there dey talk about Igbos.

Buhari and co have turned Benue into shooting range.

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Brugo(m): 10:31am On May 08, 2018
cheesy

I guess you guys can now start your Aba-made Headies.

He even called Ebuka a yoruba personality (whatever that means) grin

Biafran mentality

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 10:31am On May 08, 2018
Ellabae:
True talk. I'm not Igbo but I thought same too.
i'm not Yoruba too and I don't know any Igbo artist. come to south south, we play Yoruba artist and south south artist more than igbo.

I think d west are doing better in the entertainment industry.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Bishopsgate(m): 10:32am On May 08, 2018
You want to bring this ya foolish ethnicity ideology into music too?

Please go away

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Okoyeebos: 10:32am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

Lol. Phyno that is a backup singer for Olamide.

Phyno won the headies in the past but discountenanced it. Tecno dissed his nomination last year. Both Igbos.

Now, you're crying like barren witches that Igbos didn't win headies.

Use your flat head to think na.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by koladebrainiac(m): 10:33am On May 08, 2018
Igbo get problems. anything they are not involved with they tag its marginalization.
They dominate Nollywood o, nobody complains anytime they are sharing their awards. they are all in National Football team, nobody shout marginalization. in fact, we are happy for them. now Yoruba are doing great in music they are shouting marginalization. no wonder Hausas decided to sack u guys from the north.

Yoruba has been the founding father of Nigeria music. we have the likes of Fela and Femi Kuti and many iconic yoruba artist who has helped lots of their fellow men. and this one is saying trash.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:33am On May 08, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
[s][/s]no one complained when bbn final was all igbos.

No one complained when national team is all igbo.. Igni must complain when things doesn't favor them.

Igbo must have everything.

Sucks to be igbo.
Are you high?

Have igbos dominated the BBN yearly? Is the ethnic dominance consistent?

And who even told you that your people didn't complain. You must have been blind not to see your fellow afonja empty heads complaining like idiots.

Even the number of housemates this year had far more yorubas who all fell along the way.

Besides, how can you compare BBN to a music Award?

It sucks to be Yoruba. It sucks to be you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 10:34am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

unfortunately nobody feel it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by madridguy(m): 10:34am On May 08, 2018
I mention any tribe?

Chiedu4Trump:

Dey there dey talk about Igbos.

Buhari and co have turned Benue into shooting range.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On May 08, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Lol.

Phyno won the headies in the past but discountenanced it. Tecno dissed his nomination last year. Both Igbos.

Now, you're crying like barren witches that Igbos didn't win headies.

Use your flat head to think na.

Tekno dissed it because he was nominated as a NEXT RATED artiste even though he was the third most popular artiste after Davido and Wizkid and he had tons of hits.

How did Phyno discountenance the Headies?

6 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by tomdon(m): 10:34am On May 08, 2018
So they should just give award to someone because he's Igbo. Really!!!
So because someone is Igbo they should favor him over another person who merits it more or should they form an award in order for it to reach Igbo

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Thatitan234(m): 10:35am On May 08, 2018
Ellabae:
True talk. I'm not Igbo but I thought same too.
Please don't think anything.
Igbos are known to play vivtim and cry foul everytime.
In 2016, 4 Igbo artists won 5 awards. Patoranking Illbliss Harrisong and phyno. Them no see that one.

Mad over you was hotter than FIA but no be today headies dey Rob person of award.
So it is anything but tribalism.

Meanwhile, Lagos is the center of entertainment. If you can't hit well in Lagos, you never hit.
They be shouting Zoro Zoro everywhere. How many people sabi Zoro for Lagos. E neva blow reach Maleek talkless Mayorkun. Shioor.

Igbos should just organize their own Music award and give people like Zoro Artist of the year.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:35am On May 08, 2018
koladebrainiac:
Igbo get problems. anything they are not involved with they tag its marginalization.
They dominate Nollywood o, nobody complains anytime they are sharing their awards. they are all in National Football team, nobody shout marginalization. in fact, we are happy for them. now Yoruba are doing great in music they are shouting marginalization. no wonder Hausas decided to sack u guys from the north.

Yoruba has been the founding father of Nigeria music. we have the likes of Fela and Femi Kuti and many iconic yoruba artist who has helped lots of their fellow men. and this one is saying trash.
Delusion must be the trait of your family line.

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Biodun1929(m): 10:37am On May 08, 2018
Apart from P Square, Tekno, and Phyno, can he list 5 'A list' igbo musicians? The thing is, Yoruba people are more into music than people of any other tribe, so it is only natural that they would dominate the awards. When P Square were in their prime, they were winning multiple awards at the Headies, but their split gave room to guys like Davido and Wizkid to totally dominate. Let's not always make everything about tribe.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by 99miles(m): 10:37am On May 08, 2018
Afonjas and tribalism are like nija turtles and pizzas.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:37am On May 08, 2018
Drchristian:
unfortunately nobody feel it
And yet it has significant views on YouTube.
Are you tired of wishing igbos dead, you poisonous hermaphrodite.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by jimrog: 10:38am On May 08, 2018
The way Igbo dominate the national football team ehn, if it is Yoruba or Hausa that dominates, we no go dey hear word at all. Can't imagine how a set of ppl can be so greedy and self-centered like igbos o..always complaining abt everything.

23 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz / "Made For You": Banky W Features Adesua Etomi In New Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.