Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” (39592 Views)

‘headies Is Yoruba Award, No Igbo Artist Performed Or Won An... / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 11:47am On May 08, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
I said it
Below is what I said on Sunday I guess so

am seriously not happy because

I spend 4hrs of my time watching this useless, nonsense award last night and There's no award that goes to Igbo musician and am not please with it, tribalism even in our Music industry then Nigeria is finish already.

Fuc:ckoff headies 2018

I am saying this and repeating it twice so everybody will know the kind of tribalism going on in our Music industry

Has it come to this, that we are now using quota systems in giving awards? Of the 69 artistes nominated, 12 were Igbo - if there is any deserving Igbo musician not listed here, please let me know - Runtown, Tekno, Flavour, Humble Smith, Faze, Mr Real, Patoranking, Peruzzi, Phyno, Masterkraft, Nonso Amadi, & Zoro. Most of these categories were by voting, so, it was pretty much down to luck. The only two non-voting cartegories were won by Praiz and Omawunmi - neither of whom are yoruba.

You tribalist degenerates are so selfish that you think other Nigerians that won dont matter - Praiz (Kogi), Omawunmi (Delta), M.I (Plateau) etc.

9 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by ZZ22: 11:47am On May 08, 2018
sokera:
This is one thing I hate about Igbo people , they are the problem of this country , they are quick to cry and see what others are not even thinking about ... igbos dominates Nigeria football teams and no tribe as ever shout foul or argue about that ... the whole Nigeria love the fact that Igbo dominate our football team and they are doing us proud , we love them ... why igbos not not just accept that Yoruba dominates music industry, your song can’t be 100 percent hit without putting one or two Yoruba language or Yoruba slags ... that is because Yoruba are natural musicain in nature ... Yoruba language blend well in music and yoruba do more of parties and merry ..... Igbo will be shouting marginalized like other tribe are not suffering what they are suffering... igbos need to let that their greed stop at eastern part of nigeria , they should not spread that bad habit all of over nigeria ...
Stop lying, Igbos don't use Yoruba language in their music the way Yorubas use Igbo language. Tell me two Igbo hits that have Yoruba language and I will list for you 20 Yoruba hits that have Igbo language.

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2018
phantom:
Psquare said the same thing years ago....since then, they dont take it seriously...
Make Psquare go sit down, when they were bagging 3 to 4 awards every year in headies they never called it yoruba award. Illblis won two in 2017 we no here noise. Don't always bring tribalism to every issue.

4 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by koladebrainiac(m): 11:48am On May 08, 2018
vickydevoka:

in de case of the national football team. I think its pure meritocracy cus a white man is involved
but it has always been like that in almost every football team we have been having.

4 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Niyinficient(m): 11:49am On May 08, 2018
Afam4eva:

I think some Igbos only bring in the tribal thing in areas where they think they are doing well and supposed to be recognized. No doubt, Yorubas are dominating the music industry but there's also a handful of Igbos at the top too. It's not like Igbos are not into music at all. It's just like how Igbos are kinda dominating the gospel genre of music even though there are also a handful of other tribes doing gospel.

Another reason why i think some Igbos complain is because the organizers of most of these things are usually not Igbos so they sense some bias.

I totally agree with you. Like the OP right said...Igbos should be get more involved in the award for more transparency.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kenex4ever(m): 11:50am On May 08, 2018
sod09:
no one is bigger than award bros
we hear scholar receiving handshake or petty money while beauty pageant receive millions
humble is the key bro
not all awards bro. If they had given him song of d year or best video am sure he would have taken it with all pleasure.

But next rated is for new comers and d car is to support them in dia young career but at that time tecno can comfortably do without dat car and d award would mean he is still where he felt he has passed
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 11:50am On May 08, 2018
Sanchez01:

The best humour so far! grin
humour. ?

You must not be an enthusiast of Nigerian musical tours on YouTube.

Tell me anybody that can command a crowd anywhere in Africa like patorankin apart from davido and wizkid?

Let us forget the Caribbean.

4 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by SirBunky85(m): 11:54am On May 08, 2018
Ellabae:
True talk. I'm not Igbo but I thought same too.
I'm igbo but if u compare and contrast the current songs by igbos and yorubas and its acceptability and wave-making,d yorubas beat d igbos handsdown in 2017.the mtv africa music awwrds will prove me correct

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:54am On May 08, 2018
Ellabae:
Thanks. It has been corrected
I would like us to follow each other.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Basic123: 11:55am On May 08, 2018
Afam4eva:

Tekno dissed it because he was nominated as a NEXT RATED artiste even though he was the third most popular artiste after Davido and Wizkid and he had tons of hits.

How did Phyno discountenance the Headies?

third most Popular?

you must be kidding!

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2018
This is why I dislike award shows. No matter what they do, people will still discredit them. This year na tribalism abi. There was a year some artistes and journalists said, only artistes on MTN endorsement won headies and that year Olamide won 3 that night then, he had an endorsement with etisalat. Why are Nigerians like this? When Psquare and their brother were winning the awards back to back dem no call am yoruba award. Illblis won, Phyno, 2shotz and Big lo dey no remember the awards are for Nigerians. Why are artistes and their lovers always wail when they don't emerge as the winner? Award nominations is like Olympics you win or not you are a winner because, if you aren't good enough they won't nominate you.
Abeg all this bullshiit should stop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by IgboBasthard: 11:59am On May 08, 2018
Lakeside79:
I am.yoruba and proud but frankly who cares ?

I don't know anyone in my circle who watches that garbage whenever they are in Nigeria

Does anyone take the headies seriously?

Smh

Omo ale, igbo ass licker

Cc Immhotep lzaa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Turboking(m): 11:59am On May 08, 2018
[quote author=ZeroLatest post=67370364]A Nigerian man naed mc_akonuche Just took to his instagram account to say this, what are your Thoughts??

For d past 6 years iv been on radio iv come to realise DAT there is particularly a special type of segregation bw d Eastern Nigerian musicians n d westerners.. But with critical analysis, I noticed DAT d Easterners contributed so much to dia own problem.. Its very hard for Igbo artistes who has made it to support rising fellow artist .maybe bc d rising artists however don’t also support them.. Look at d sponsor’s of @the_headies ,not even one big man or company from d east,all sponsors r from Yoruba..why won’t d Igbo’s nt be segregated n nt given awards?? We make so much money n all in our mind is only business n nobody is thinking about improving entertainment in east just very few like SIR EMEKA OFFOR had in d past contributed to entertainment.

Look at d #12thheadies last nit..from d red carpet, no Igbo anchor, no Igbo presented an award, except Ebuka who of course is a Yoruba personality, no Igbo artist performed n no Igbo artist won an award in all categories. Even SONG OF D YEAR DAT was supposed to go to MAD OVER U BY @runtown was given to a Yoruba Artist.. I work on d radio n I call tell u DAT MAD OVER U received high air play from December 2016 wen it dropped till mid 2017 wen IF by DAVIDO came out..
But wot do I know? I’m just an ordinary OAP

With dis analysis, I’m finding it difficult to accept DAT #Headies is a Nigerian award..I feel its more of a YORUBA AWARD even though d Igbo’s contributed as d architect of their own problem n therefore I’m calling out d whole Igbo Artist to come out n support their up rising artists just like @davidoofficial is doing n let our rich Igbo men try n support entertainment… If u attack me on MY wall,be rest assured DAT u will be BLOCKED.. I JUST SAID MY MIND.. HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

Awards are reward for hardwork and given to those who truely deserve them,same way respect is earned and not thrown in the air for free grabs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by NORSIYK(m): 11:59am On May 08, 2018
SilverSpoonEnt:
and also if you wanna complain about why Yorubas dominated the award... be truthful to yourself about this, three best artists in Nigeria right now in male category are Wizkid, Davido and Olamide, while in female category, Tiwa, Yemi Alade and Simi...other artists must come and go... to be truthful, others can't really rival these fellows... the ibo should up their games... there was a time 2face is the best in Nigeria too, but right now the Yorubas are performing...

So in your little mind now olamide is better and bigger than Runtown and Tekno abi? Afonjas una never fail to show una hateful attitude

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by focus7: 11:59am On May 08, 2018
One problem with this monkeys is that they are always in opinion that they are in competition with Yorubas just like Ghana, the Igbos are always intimidated by Yoruba excellence and Yorubas no dey even think of them we just dey do our own things and living our lives.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by SirBunky85(m): 12:00pm On May 08, 2018
DefSimple:

I never said anything about tribe so don't go tribal on my comment,.. I'm only stating that the Headies Award has lost it's credibility... the award show used to be prestigious but not that much anymore.
can u pls tell us what makes hedies lost its resect?
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Thatitan234(m): 12:01pm On May 08, 2018
Biodun1929:

lol! Please don't kill me with laugh.

Ellabae:
Lol bros calm down

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by LZAA: 12:04pm On May 08, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Omo ale, igbo ass licker
Cc Immhotep lzaa

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Angelfrost(m): 12:04pm On May 08, 2018
A great man once said: "Behind every argument is someone's ignorance". The OAP has made very salient points which clearly stemmed from acute observation. The Igbos that are taking offense did not complain when majority of their people emerged top in the last BBNaija show, neither did any other tribe. The questions you guys have failed to answer include: 1. Are the 'non-Igbo' winners of the awards undeserving of them? 2. How many Eastern musicians currently are of prime quality like legends like Onyeka Onwenu, Osita Osadebe, etc? 3. How many wealthy Igbo people have invested well in the music industry? 4. Does the East have a music industry that is of international standard?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by SirBunky85(m): 12:05pm On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

It is not a one -off something.

It is a consistent show of bigotry so people are right to complain.

if the organisers explain that the headies award is an egbe omo -oduduwa wankfestt, then it would be stupid of me to complain.

You can't call it a Nigerian musical award and you expect me not to complain when ngbatii -ngbatii nonetities are honoured instead of better content.

Phyno outshined the vulgar reminisce this year in terms of high quality hits. Guess who won the best rap?

And it is not just a one -off aberration . The controversy is yearly.
who was suposed to have won the best rap award?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Ellabae(f): 12:05pm On May 08, 2018
SirBunky85:
I'm igbo but if u compare and contrast the current songs by igbos and yorubas and its acceptability and wave-making,d yorubas beat d igbos handsdown in 2017.the mtv africa music awwrds will prove me correct
Wow surprising. U re a darling for not being partial from ur view

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by professorPABX: 12:06pm On May 08, 2018
moderator should not have pushed this thread to front page in this era when people are complaining about the contents of postings on nairaland.

While I did not bother to even read the content, I was attracted by the topic while searching for useful news on nairaland.

You complained of Buhari business meeting in US without Innoson & Ibeto, because of Dangote & Wale Tinubu, you cried IBOs have been omitted. In entertainment awards again, you brought a similar dimension. This has been your normal cry in every undertaking in Nigeria.

In developed environment, awards are given based on criteria & reasoning of the judges . Bringing IBO marginalization to awards is an extreme dimension. In South Africa & other environments, there are different awards, there is nowhere award is done on tribal quota system.

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Ellabae(f): 12:06pm On May 08, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

I would like us to follow each other.
Ok sir
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by goldfish80(m): 12:07pm On May 08, 2018
agadez007:
the way you guys hype small doctor eh,one would think he is that good
I only knew him when I got to Lagos, dude is a Fuji singer but using Afrobeat
Honestly, is small doctor really better than ZORO? I don't understand the hype around small doctor. Zoro dropped the best performance by any Nigerian artist at the Bbn, bringing the adama masquerade on stage. If ZORO was Yoruba, he would have won that next rated.

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by ZZ22: 12:07pm On May 08, 2018
hotwax:
Even Yoruba artists felt cheated about the award.

WO - Olamide didnt win any award.

I have tried many times over to reason with Igbos...but they are the most tribal and hateful tribe in this country. They are not tolerant. They are the reason why people like me voted Buhari. They made Buhari president due to their core tribal attitudes.

You hear them saying Yoruba votes is inconsequential. Only Igbo votes will win the election for Jonathan. ANd you saw how Yorubas moved to support Buhari.

They have still not learnt from their unproductive hateful ways.

The truth is most popular musicians are Yorubas. Yorubas are too many in music. Igbo can't win that battle.
People like that vote on tribal line is the reason why the country is a shithole and dishing out shithole awards.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by DaRuud(m): 12:08pm On May 08, 2018
Bovi na Yoruba guy ?

sod09:
attention seeker
mi is yoruba
bovi is yoruba
last time phyno was given the award he ridiculed it, teckno also blasted the award.
better to give those who appreciate it than those proud guys
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by PheezyLee(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2018
This idiot attention seeker bigot want to trend by force. Where were you in the last edition that illbliss packed almost all the awards in the rap category?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by goldfish80(m): 12:21pm On May 08, 2018
agadez007:
have you seen Flavour perform on stage?

No Nigerian can Ever beat him in that but no Yemi alade that has nothing to offer at all won it
These people should at least fear God
Yemi Alade is hot on stage. The girl is a fire dancer, how she manages to do what she does on high heels is amazing.
Although Flavour is like a god on stage, especially these days he brings the ijele masquerade on stage. That is showmanship at it's highest level.
That particular category could swing either way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Basic123: 12:22pm On May 08, 2018
vickydevoka:

in de case of nation football team. I think its pure meritocracy cus a white man is involve
but the same reason doesn't go for Nobel prize of 1986 won by wole Soyinka that you IGBOs believed should be won by chinua Achebe .
Chinua Achebe was not even nominated in the first place.

you IGBOs are disgusting tribalists,breeds and cry baby!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by oxygenlove(m): 12:25pm On May 08, 2018
goldfish80:

Honestly, is small doctor really better than ZORO? I don't understand the hype around small doctor. Zoro dropped the best performance by any Nigerian artist at the Bbn, bringing the adama masquerade on stage. If ZORO was Yoruba, he would have won that next rated.
am sure u dnt knw d meaning of been loved by the street, , am a yoruba guy, and i like zoro too, buh u cnt do nting ,even if small doctor sing thrash for 3min, doz who love him wil stil lov the song,, this is nt bn hype of a tin, is a street love bro, , even olamide is nt as b4, buh nobody won knw, ,they stil love his song

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by babsbolad: 12:25pm On May 08, 2018
Ellabae:
True talk. I'm not Igbo but I thought same too.
You're ibo,stop pretending

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by SirBunky85(m): 12:26pm On May 08, 2018
[quote author=Biodun1929 post=67378401]Apart from P Square, Tekno, and Phyno, can he list 5 A list igbo musicians? The thing is, Yoruba people are more into music than people of any other tribe, so it is only natural that they would dominate the awards. When P Square were in their prime, they were winning multiple awards at the Headies, but their split gave room to guys like Davido and Wizkid to totally dominate. Let's not always make everything about tribe. [/quote.pls comot tecno there and add pato and flavour.how many african music awards tecno don win?tecno ko,motorola isi beans ni.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz / "Made For You": Banky W Features Adesua Etomi In New Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.