Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates (36942 Views)

A Wealthy Man Visited My Office With Snake Juju For Prayer - Dr. Olukoya / Why Are Chirstians/muslims So Brainwashed? / Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Abudu2000(m): 6:09pm On May 08, 2018
thesicilian:

You think life is going on better for you than those who go to church, pray and pay their tithes?
pretty sure
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Etuagievin(m): 6:12pm On May 08, 2018
He followed his pastor(man) not God. He should have read and understand the bible himself. How on earth could he make such silly mistakes,in as much as God want us to win souls and render to the poor he doesn't encourage foolishness,indolence and gullibility. We pray he comes back to his feat soon.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by PSTEMMA1960(m): 6:33pm On May 08, 2018
thoollz:
Hmm. I love her use of words and the way she applied it, but my dear, it is all a lie. People should stop forming stories to trend online, use your spare time to think of how to get legitimate money or better yourself, not trying to b famous for d wrong reasons.

Those telling me it's true, u can believe what u want to, how will a very comfortable person, just become extremely poor? Not even average? Think it through.
God bless u sir, the pastor that told them to gave all all that they had, does the pastor not drive his own cars? the name of the church or i don't believe it..
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by okachie1(m): 6:35pm On May 08, 2018
IamPlato:

Is The Lady In That Picture Married
Why do u ask do u know if shes a cripple?
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by donbenie(m): 6:36pm On May 08, 2018
thoollz:
Hmm. I love her use of words and the way she applied it, but my dear, it is all a lie. People should stop forming stories to trend online, use your spare time to think of how to get legitimate money or better yourself, not trying to b famous for d wrong reasons.

Those telling me it's true, u can believe what u want to, how will a very comfortable person, just become extremely poor? Not even average? Think it through.
Believe it or not,I've watched a comparative story played out before my very eyes..the world is much more mysterious than you seemed capable of imagining.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by mirob(f): 6:49pm On May 08, 2018
thoollz:

They said "travel and see". You better believe this cos someone I know is going through this same phase now and also hoping on God. So dear, I believe this is a true life story and not fabricated.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by dudley1459: 7:11pm On May 08, 2018
thoollz:

super story episode 1
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by mechanics(m): 7:20pm On May 08, 2018
No condition is permanent, God can still visit the family.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by thesicilian: 7:22pm On May 08, 2018
mediclife1987:

Is this what you have to say?

It shall not be well with you.

Report me to the mods if you like, don't care...
Lol. Why should I? Ain't got no time for that kind of pettiness.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by NofiuFade(m): 7:52pm On May 08, 2018
thoollz:

you never know the force behind being brain washed, av once quit my very good job just to serve in the church and win souls I thank God that I quickly retrace my step before its too late grin
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 08, 2018
So many holes in this story. Fake storyline
BloggersNG:
A very sad story indeed, Facebook user Amy George has shared a bitter story of her a very rich family she knew, went totally broke, with Zero kobo after listening and brainwashed by their church, Without wasting much of your time, read her sad piece below!

''I’m not sharing this story to disparage the church nor any relationship but if you think otherwise, it’s irrelevant anyway…
Last week, my mum and I visited an old family friend whom I have known since childhood. I felt awkward or rather regretted ever obliging to such request (visiting them).

As I was growing up, I used to know this family to be well off, Tom tom (not his real name) was a wealthy businessman who made a fortune with a very simple business. They were one of those families that promised me some goodies after my tertiary education. Walking into their sitting room, what I saw saddened me.

There was No television, no curtain, everywhere was virtually empty! I felt bad thinking maybe the obvious (grace to grass) had happened. I sat down on the bench in the sitting room and a lot was going through my head. ‘Maybe Mr Tom tom had some setback ‘, ‘what if he was duped’? ‘Or he lost everything to the bank’. My mind turns to the random thoughts but that’s neither here nor there as my brain cells turn the pages of the past like a funeral dirge. I can’t help but wonder why Something felt like it was constantly missing. This was a family I looked up to. The son was my best during bible classes. The children had the best primary and secondary education. Like what happened?

Uncle and aunty changed to ‘Jesus must come’ kind of churches.

They were told to stop chasing wealth as it is vanity.
They were advised to share all they have acquired from the ‘vanity kingdom’ to the less privileged.
They were called to bring souls to church (I used that because we know what winning souls for Christ tastes like).

Uncle and aunty left their business (the vanity), shared what they made from the vanity kingdom to those vanity children that needs help.

Uncle and aunty stopped work, invested their time to winning souls and increasing the members.
These, they did for over 10years!!!
10years until they realised they are left with nothing!

How can you be brainwashed to tasting poverty.
The seven children were looking thin and tacky.
I saw my best boy, called his name- tears couldn’t stop flowing.

They lost everything – money, friends and family because they deserted from everyone. ‘Their’ church made them believe anyone who isn’t a member of their church is a sinner and cursed. And until they give their lives to Christ by attending the ‘jesus must come’ church, they must not associate.

It’s hard to believe. I read stories, I watch clips and never imagined I’d witness it in lifetime. It can’t be them.

They are educated, they were RICH! Super RICH! So how did this happen?

My mum asked my aforementioned best to come home with us so he could take ‘anything’ for dinner, Aunty shouted in igbo (I translate);

“Mama junior, don’t worry. God sees and he knows the best. Job suffered more than this.”

We got to the car, I asked my mum why we visited, because obviously- a part of them didn’t welcome us. She explained; “Her Husband called on phone few days ago and narrated their ordeal. He asked I come over, so I came with you.”

Uncle has seen the light, aunty is yet to see the reflection. Prior to our visit, the family only had 200naria okpa for the day. The church isn’t helping, the church isn’t paying the fees, the church advised you stop chasing vanity. You are bringing members to the church yet there’s no benefit to your family. It’s over 10years ma. My uncle is tired! Can’t you feel your husband?

Unlike my mum, I don’t want to believe it’s ignorance though we know the obvious. I’m here hoping God remembers such faith.
How would it happen when the couple are jobless and now phlegmatic about ‘chasing vanity’. Certainly, God might send a Good Samaritan to share his vanity with them. He works in a Mysterious way.

Oh I remember; Job indeed suffered more!

I’m waiting to update my version of the bible with their testimony;

Surly, The destiny changer knows the best.
Amen!

News From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/05/sad-lady-narrate-how-very-wealthy.html

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by hurlaryinkah(m): 10:20pm On May 08, 2018
MaziDan2017:
So many holes in this story. Fake storyline

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
thoollz:

Stop saying is not true!
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by toye440: 10:28pm On May 08, 2018
IamPlato:

Guy abeg no pour sand sand for my gari, i don dey celebrate my future wife. Abeg go manage ceeC, as e b like say she free now.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 08, 2018
'Poorly fabricated story' My exact thought after reading it
BadBradley:
Poorly fabricated story. Every idiot wants to trend on social media with fictcious stories.

1 Like

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by holajeedayy: 10:55pm On May 08, 2018
BloggersNG:
A very sad story indeed, Facebook user Amy George has shared a bitter story of her a very rich family she knew, went totally broke, with Zero kobo after listening and brainwashed by their church, Without wasting much of your time, read her sad piece below!

''I’m not sharing this story to disparage the church nor any relationship but if you think otherwise, it’s irrelevant anyway…
Last week, my mum and I visited an old family friend whom I have known since childhood. I felt awkward or rather regretted ever obliging to such request (visiting them).

As I was growing up, I used to know this family to be well off, Tom tom (not his real name) was a wealthy businessman who made a fortune with a very simple business. They were one of those families that promised me some goodies after my tertiary education. Walking into their sitting room, what I saw saddened me.

There was No television, no curtain, everywhere was virtually empty! I felt bad thinking maybe the obvious (grace to grass) had happened. I sat down on the bench in the sitting room and a lot was going through my head. ‘Maybe Mr Tom tom had some setback ‘, ‘what if he was duped’? ‘Or he lost everything to the bank’. My mind turns to the random thoughts but that’s neither here nor there as my brain cells turn the pages of the past like a funeral dirge. I can’t help but wonder why Something felt like it was constantly missing. This was a family I looked up to. The son was my best during bible classes. The children had the best primary and secondary education. Like what happened?

Uncle and aunty changed to ‘Jesus must come’ kind of churches.

They were told to stop chasing wealth as it is vanity.
They were advised to share all they have acquired from the ‘vanity kingdom’ to the less privileged.
They were called to bring souls to church (I used that because we know what winning souls for Christ tastes like).

Uncle and aunty left their business (the vanity), shared what they made from the vanity kingdom to those vanity children that needs help.

Uncle and aunty stopped work, invested their time to winning souls and increasing the members.
These, they did for over 10years!!!
10years until they realised they are left with nothing!

How can you be brainwashed to tasting poverty.
The seven children were looking thin and tacky.
I saw my best boy, called his name- tears couldn’t stop flowing.

They lost everything – money, friends and family because they deserted from everyone. ‘Their’ church made them believe anyone who isn’t a member of their church is a sinner and cursed. And until they give their lives to Christ by attending the ‘jesus must come’ church, they must not associate.

It’s hard to believe. I read stories, I watch clips and never imagined I’d witness it in lifetime. It can’t be them.

They are educated, they were RICH! Super RICH! So how did this happen?

My mum asked my aforementioned best to come home with us so he could take ‘anything’ for dinner, Aunty shouted in igbo (I translate);

“Mama junior, don’t worry. God sees and he knows the best. Job suffered more than this.”

We got to the car, I asked my mum why we visited, because obviously- a part of them didn’t welcome us. She explained; “Her Husband called on phone few days ago and narrated their ordeal. He asked I come over, so I came with you.”

Uncle has seen the light, aunty is yet to see the reflection. Prior to our visit, the family only had 200naria okpa for the day. The church isn’t helping, the church isn’t paying the fees, the church advised you stop chasing vanity. You are bringing members to the church yet there’s no benefit to your family. It’s over 10years ma. My uncle is tired! Can’t you feel your husband?

Unlike my mum, I don’t want to believe it’s ignorance though we know the obvious. I’m here hoping God remembers such faith.
How would it happen when the couple are jobless and now phlegmatic about ‘chasing vanity’. Certainly, God might send a Good Samaritan to share his vanity with them. He works in a Mysterious way.

Oh I remember; Job indeed suffered more!

I’m waiting to update my version of the bible with their testimony;

Surly, The destiny changer knows the best.
Amen!

News From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/05/sad-lady-narrate-how-very-wealthy.html

Fake story
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Nobody: 12:58am On May 09, 2018
thesicilian:
He lost out because he was doing everything to please man, not God.

Thank you.

In fact, God bless you.

People need to start reading their bible (with God's help) for themselves before accepting what anyone says.

1 Like

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by newslifeop: 1:30am On May 09, 2018
hmmmm
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Flakky26(f): 5:15am On May 09, 2018
thesicilian:
He lost out because he was doing everything to please man, not God.
Correct

1 Like

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by CertifiedGee(m): 5:15am On May 09, 2018

[color=#006600][/color]I guess you didn't read to the end. She said they have been in it for 10 years and ever since they gave their life to 'Christ', they stopped working which means all source(s) of income has been blocked. And by then, I'm so certain that they'll still carry on their parenting responsibilities. Don't forget she also said they turned themselves to a cheerful giver, and it's definitely from that already acquired income. So now tell me, with all those responsibilities, won't he exhaust all he has laboured for? 10 years isn't a small time. They can go from extremely rich to extremely poor.
NOTE: I'm not saying this is true because bloggers can do anything to gain traffic to their site BUT it's very possible and it can happen just in this exact manner the lady has said so. Mind you, it wasn't shared here on nl, the op took the story from FB or IG.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by MalbakOscar(m): 10:15am On May 10, 2018
thoollz:

She didn't say all these "just" happened over night. It deteriorated and this is the outcome after 10years
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Misternas89(m): 11:26am On May 10, 2018
userplainly:

Oga my elder sister n her hubby went tru similar ordeal!....... they can donate 500k to church, bought one very nice black Nissan maxima for an unknown member just to please who!.. one pastor even duped them of 1m n ran away.... I dey tell u real line...but can u all bliv my sis refused to help any of her siblings? even my mom was neglected ..she said my mom shud work as her nanny bfo she'll give her 15k...... well everything turn around fine for us! they are broke, still living on rent but me (last boy) will soon roof my house ( exclusively for my mom)... my other sis n brothers are doing well... her kids are jus the ones I pity for! n I promise I'll be there for them......
I’m so touched by that story bro. Please do try ur best for those nieces or nephews of urs as you’ve promised, after all they know nothing about their parent misleading attitude. God bless u more baba and continue having the blessings of ur dear Mom. Peace
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by M0ron: 12:02pm On May 10, 2018
IamPlato:

The layers of makeup on her face can kill an entire species of sewer rats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Samuel Akinbodunse: "Buhari Will Die Before 2019 Elections" / Is Money The Root Of All Evil? / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.