Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

"Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon (25658 Views)

Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me / Tekno Pictured With Danfo Drivers After JOGODO Theft Saga / Tekno Ignores Danfo Driver, Set To Release Video Of "JOGODO" - Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by SweetJoystick(m): 10:36am On May 09, 2018
jamjam1991:
see as dem be sef... why dem no sing the song first #tekno.. kill dea dead career!!
how old are you?
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by poweredcom(m): 10:42am On May 09, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdsnVHETZE

watch d full clip here and share till tekno sees it. also professor linkin owns d word jogodo ...so prof linkin self de come for his own tekno ready

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by buchasman(m): 10:43am On May 09, 2018
those guys still dey ha...oh! I think sey I bin see one wen idey sell Galla for control dis.
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by femi4: 10:44am On May 09, 2018
softwerk:
Please who is Danfo Driver
Indomie shildren

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by femi4: 10:45am On May 09, 2018
jamjam1991:
see as dem be sef... why dem no sing the song first #tekno.. kill dea dead career!!
They did even before tekno phones came to Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by buchasman(m): 10:47am On May 09, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Na one of the zulezu dey mad
serious?

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by dafemnet: 10:48am On May 09, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Are they still alive? Owe u money. Better go back to your danfo business if music no pay u again
Its called Intellectual property.

2 Likes

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by CriticMaestro: 10:49am On May 09, 2018
buchasman:
serious?
Yup
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by femi4: 10:52am On May 09, 2018
safarigirl:
it is intellectual property theft, in saner climes, Tekno would be facing a law suit, so would Simi

Even the title of a song cannot just be snatched like that
You can use same title. Nobody carry title come from heaven. E.g

Hello by Eminen, Adele

Caro by wizkid, Dbanj, Davido
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by Xtargold(f): 10:54am On May 09, 2018
I thought as much. The first time I heard the song it sounded more like Danfo Drivers' song.

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by Nobody: 11:02am On May 09, 2018
greatman247:
grin this one serious ooo. The hustle for more and relevance is real. Danfo drive move on. Anyone can sing Jogodo. The other day, sir Victor uwaifo call out Simi for singing Jerome and Jaywon for singing Jerome, mean those Jerome by both Simi and Jaywon don't even sound like that of Sir Victor Uwaifo's own.

Victor uwaifo's case 8s different. Teckno copied everything back to back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by QuietHammer(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2018
greatman247:

Oga that's not intellectual property. Did you listen to Simi' s Jerome? And Sir Victor's own? Do they sound alike to start with? In any clime sir Victor don't have a good case, he can't certainly win, he will only end up ridicule himself. He should have sue and embarrass himself. Anyone can use the same title of your song. Except it has a trademark. Even in USA people use the same title that is a sane clime. So talk another thing.
Yada yada yada. Listen to Tekno's Jogodo and the said song by Danfo Driver then come edit this nonsense. And the issue here is not the title.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by greatman247(m): 11:09am On May 09, 2018
QuietHammer:

Yada yada yada. Listen to Tekno's Jogodo and the said song by Danfo Driver then come edit this nonsense. And the issue here is not the title.

Wasn't talking about tekno's work. Agreed Tekno sounds much alike like that of Danfo Drivers truly and Tekno bleeped up though, he should sort for their permission first. But I was actually talking about Simi's Joromi vs Sir Victor Uwaifo's Joromi. They didn't sound alike in anyway. That's not intellectual property of Sir Victor Uwaifo. He doesn't have some right to the title Joromi anyone can title their work as Joromi unless he puts trademark on that name.

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by Diso60090(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2018
dominique:

There was actually a time a rumour was spreading about them that they have turned to armed robbery and got killed during one of their operations. They've been out of the spotlight for way too long, a lot of people actually believed the rumours

Rumour? You didn't see the rumour with your eyes
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by greatman247(m): 11:20am On May 09, 2018
Xda59:

Victor uwaifo's case 8s different. Teckno copied everything back to back.

Agreed. This sound sure sound like that of Danfo drivers. And Tekno sure bleeped up on this one. He should take permission first. But some people just want to sue if you use same title as theirs, which will never stand. That's why i used sir Victor Uwaifo's work as an example. He claims Simi copied his work just because of the title. Then I listened to the songs they never sound alike at all. But he said he will not sue her though but she should have come to him first before using that title... I just weak for the man that time.
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by goodlife4every1(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2018
softwerk:
Children of nowadays... One spotted...

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by chiochio1(m): 11:50am On May 09, 2018
That is one of the zule zulu not danfoe drivers

Mutemenot:
I be think say one dey mad before shocked
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by LaExpert: 11:51am On May 09, 2018
I was disappointed on hearing the song even though I'm a big fan of Tekno. He really goofed on this occasion. I expected better.

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by BecomeALandLord(m): 12:09pm On May 09, 2018
I thought tekno took permission from them because tekno's version is like a remix of the danfo drivers original version.

It's Almost the same thing.
If tekno didn't take permission, that means he messed up big time.

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by KakiP(m): 12:14pm On May 09, 2018
question is, did they copyright the song?
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by Baroba(m): 12:42pm On May 09, 2018
I doubt if Mountain Black and Mad melon sort permission before ripping of Don Carlos knock knock for there single Sensimilla. Listen to both songs..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2hLFoFcVi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfsVU8sGKXs
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by romeorailss: 12:43pm On May 09, 2018
softwerk:

Children of new school generation may not know them wink .

They were one of the street musicians from Ajegunle in those days when our music was still very crude :

U will hear sth like

Ayama danfo driver suo
Sebi u be danfo driver suo ( 2ce ) ... That's the chorus

Hope u are clear now angry

2 Likes

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by romeorailss: 12:46pm On May 09, 2018
greatman247:

Wasn't talking about tekno's work. Agreed Tekno sound much alike like that of Danfo Drivers truly and Trump bleeped up though, he should sort for their permission first. But I was actually talking about Simi's Jeromi vs Sir Victor uwaifo' s Jerome. They didn't sound alike in anyway. That's not intellectual property of Sir Victor uwaifo. He doesn't have some right to the title Jeromi anyone can title their work as Jeromi unless he puts trademark on that name.

Not Jeromi . It's Joromi sad

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by dammiecool(m): 1:07pm On May 09, 2018
greatman247:

Agreed. This sound sure sound like that of Danfo drivers. And Tekno sure bleeped up on this one. He should take permission first. But some people just want to sue if you use same title as theirs, which will never stand. That's why i used sir Victor Uwaifo's work as an example. He claims Simi copied his work just because of the title. Then I listened to the songs they never sound alike at all. But he said he will not sue her though but she should have come to him first before using that title... I just weak for the man that time.
Go ask 50cent when he wan use things fall apart for his movie u go knw say title too matter
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by dammiecool(m): 1:09pm On May 09, 2018
greatman247:

Go ask 50cent when he wan use things fall apart for his movie u go knw say title too matter

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by greatman247(m): 1:14pm On May 09, 2018
romeorailss:

Not Jeromi . It's Joromi sad

All join. Lol.
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by greatman247(m): 1:18pm On May 09, 2018
dammiecool:

Oga title does not matter. I have lived in many developed climes ok. I have told you where it matters, except it has trademark on it. Or it has element of original work in the new work. You don't just sue, you might get knocked in the end, if your work does not seem alike when probed.
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by dammiecool(m): 1:25pm On May 09, 2018
greatman247:

Oga title does not matter. I have lived in many developed climes ok. I have told you where it matters, except it has trademark on it. Or it has element of original work in the new work. You don't just sue, you might get knocked in the end, if your work does not seem alike when probed.

Oga dat yaf lived in developed climes i hear u

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/sep/14/chinua-achebe-50-cent

make i epp u post d story sef

[b]Chinua Achebe forces 50 Cent to rename movie
Things fall apart for rapper as Nigerian writer makes him change forthcoming film title to avoid conflict with 1958 novel
Sean Michaels

Wed 14 Sep 2011 11.15 BST First published on Wed 14 Sep 2011 11.15 BST
This article is over 6 years old
Shares
Comments
50 Cent
Cheer up Fiddy … 50 Cent forced to change film title
50 Cent has been undone by one of Africa's greatest novelists, Chinua Achebe. The rapper's latest movie has been renamed ahead of its release, due to a conflict with Achebe's most famous work.

Things Fall Apart, published by Achebe in 1958, is Nigeria's most famous English-language novel. It has sold more than 8m copies worldwide. Unfortunately, 50 Cent was not aware of this. He spent much of 2010 shooting a film of the same name, the story of an American football player diagnosed with cancer. "It's a project that I wrote, produced and financed myself," he explained last year. Directed by Mario Van Peebles, it premiered at the Miami film festival in March and is expected to be released soon.

Unfortunately for Fiddy, his film will not keep its original title. After being contacted by Achebe's legal team, 50 Cent allegedly offered $1m to hold on to the title. Achebe, 80, took this as an insult. "The novel with the said title was initially produced in 1958 (that is 17 years before [50] was born)," replied his lawyers, according to Naijan. "[It is] listed as the most-read book in modern African literature, and won't be sold for even £1bn." The film has now been renamed to All Things Fall Apart.[/b]

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by magicminister: 1:35pm On May 09, 2018
Haba... tekno should know better nah... that is mad disrespectful and plagiarism to steal another artiste intellectual work.

Dang I drivers should sue for 15m. That is an appropriate charge and I know they will win.

1 Like

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by QuietHammer(m): 1:42pm On May 09, 2018
greatman247:

Wasn't talking about tekno's work. Agreed Tekno sound much alike like that of Danfo Drivers truly and Trump bleeped up though, he should sort for their permission first. But I was actually talking about Simi's Jeromi vs Sir Victor uwaifo' s Jerome. They didn't sound alike in anyway. That's not intellectual property of Sir Victor uwaifo. He doesn't have some right to the title Jeromi anyone can title their work as Jeromi unless he puts trademark on that name.
My mistake then. Apologies
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by wman(m): 1:49pm On May 09, 2018
dammiecool:

Oga dat yaf lived in developed climes i hear u

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/sep/14/chinua-achebe-50-cent

make i epp u post d story sef

[b]Chinua Achebe forces 50 Cent to rename movie
Things fall apart for rapper as Nigerian writer makes him change forthcoming film title to avoid conflict with 1958 novel
Sean Michaels

Wed 14 Sep 2011 11.15 BST First published on Wed 14 Sep 2011 11.15 BST
This article is over 6 years old
Shares
Comments
50 Cent
Cheer up Fiddy … 50 Cent forced to change film title
50 Cent has been undone by one of Africa's greatest novelists, Chinua Achebe. The rapper's latest movie has been renamed ahead of its release, due to a conflict with Achebe's most famous work.

Things Fall Apart, published by Achebe in 1958, is Nigeria's most famous English-language novel. It has sold more than 8m copies worldwide. Unfortunately, 50 Cent was not aware of this. He spent much of 2010 shooting a film of the same name, the story of an American football player diagnosed with cancer. "It's a project that I wrote, produced and financed myself," he explained last year. Directed by Mario Van Peebles, it premiered at the Miami film festival in March and is expected to be released soon.

Unfortunately for Fiddy, his film will not keep its original title. After being contacted by Achebe's legal team, 50 Cent allegedly offered $1m to hold on to the title. Achebe, 80, took this as an insult. "The novel with the said title was initially produced in 1958 (that is 17 years before [50] was born)," replied his lawyers, according to Naijan. "[It is] listed as the most-read book in modern African literature, and won't be sold for even £1bn." The film has now been renamed to All Things Fall Apart.[/b]

You don't understand what greatman247 was saying.

'Things fall apart' is a trademark name. Until you trademark the name, anyone can use it.
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by smartzee01: 1:58pm On May 09, 2018
I am not surprise because even Tecno as a mobile device na copy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Thin Tall Tony And His Children / Okey Bakassi Shares Photo With His Wife And Kids / Actress Juliet Ibrahim Stuns In Ankara Outfit. Checkout Her Hairstyle (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.