Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

"Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon (25688 Views)

Obituary Of Mad Melon Of 'Danfo Driver'. To Be Buried On The 26th Of November / Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me / Tekno Ignores Danfo Driver, Set To Release Video Of "JOGODO" - Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by greatman247(m): 2:03pm On May 09, 2018
[quote author=dammiecool post=67412570]

Oga dat yaf lived in developed climes i hear u

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/sep/14/chinua-achebe-50-cent

make i epp u post d story sef

[b]Chinua Achebe forces 50 Cent to rename movie
Things fall apart for rapper as Nigerian writer makes him change forthcoming film title to avoid conflict with 1958 novel
Sean Michaels

Wed 14 Sep 2011 11.15 BST First published on Wed 14 Sep 2011 11.15 BST
This article is over 6 years old
Shares
Comments
50 Cent
Cheer up Fiddy … 50 Cent forced to change film title
50 Cent has been undone by one of Africa's greatest novelists, Chinua Achebe. The rapper's latest movie has been renamed ahead of its release, due to a conflict with Achebe's most famous work.

Things Fall Apart, published by Achebe in 1958, is Nigeria's most famous English-language novel. It has sold more than 8m copies worldwide. Unfortunately, 50 Cent was not aware of this. He spent much of 2010 shooting a film of the same name, the story of an American football player diagnosed with cancer. "It's a project that I wrote, produced and financed myself," he explained last year. Directed by Mario Van Peebles, it premiered at the Miami film festival in March and is expected to be released soon.

Unfortunately for Fiddy, his film will not keep its original title. After being contacted by Achebe's legal team, 50 Cent allegedly offered $1m to hold on to the title. Achebe, 80, took this as an insult. "The novel with the said title was initially produced in 1958 (that is 17 years before [50] was born)," replied his lawyers, according to Naijan. "[It is] listed as the most-read book in modern African literature, and won't be sold for even £1bn." The film has now been renamed to All Things Fall Apart.[/b]
[/quote

Oga movie is a different terrain, moreover, I talked about a name that has been trademarked, if it has been trademarked no one else is able to use it no more. And you have every right to sue such person or persons. We are talking about musical works though. I can give you list of musicals that has the same titles, and yet nothing happens.

In movies, for example they have board that you have to go to before you release the movie. They will have to check on the titles of the already released movies before they can approve yours new work so as not to bring confusion. But in music, they don't go through this steps. 10 persons can have the same title of songs so long they don't sound alike or have element of copy work in it that is where issues might come in. But in movies, whether or not the works look alike is an issue when they have same title.
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by greatman247(m): 2:10pm On May 09, 2018
QuietHammer:

My mistake then. Apologies

Ok bros cool. No problems. One love.
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by wizod(m): 2:11pm On May 09, 2018
softwerk:
Please who is Danfo Driver
a brother to danfo conductor
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by deebrownneymar: 2:18pm On May 09, 2018
Tekno should do the right thing
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by ikezudon(m): 3:25pm On May 09, 2018
lol.. intelletual property theft is a big deal oo. but almost all nigerian songs are a refix of a previous song somewhere. word.

in other news, see top 4 underrated artistes in nigeria
https://billzonthestreets.com.ng/top-4-most-underrated-nigerian-artistes-2018-no-1-has-street-credibility/
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 09, 2018
9jaBloke:
I've not listen to Tekno's Jogodo, so I can't say. Artists of this generation should endeavor to be well versed in the laws guiding intellectual property so that they can guard against infringement. The cases are becoming too frequent.
For any art, music, photos etc to be intellectual property, it must be accentuated by the law by corporate affairs commission. Stating that no second or third party shall ever infringe in anyways, or attempted to, or use, act as to allude to this song titled Danfo driver by etc etc without permission. Failure to do so will attract punitive measures amounting to $50million.Was this done by the artists?
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 09, 2018
If Ajegunle guys catch tecno grin
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 09, 2018
indigene:

For any art, music, photos etc to be intellectual property, it must be accentuated by the law by corporate affairs commission. Stating that no second or third party shall ever infringe in anyways, or attempted to, or use, act as to allude to this song titled Danfo driver by etc etc without permission. Failure to do so will attract punitive measures amounting to $50million.Was this done by the artists?

Correct yourself. Not Corporate Affairs, It's Copyrights Commission or the relevant Trademark body.

CAC is for business and company registration.
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by BluntBoy(m): 7:39pm On May 09, 2018
indigene:

There is a term called automatic copyright

This means that you get automatic copyright when you create something. You can enforce this automatic copyright by registering at the copyright commission. But even without registering at the commission, you can win your case if you have enough proof that the property is yours. This would not be difficult for the Danfo Drivers to prove. They have published editions and performances of the song prior to Tecno's production.
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by jamjam1991(m): 6:25am On May 10, 2018
SweetJoystick:
how old are you?
am young and active sir..
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by jamjam1991(m): 6:27am On May 10, 2018
femi4:
They did even before tekno phones came to Nigeria
ogbeniiii... na hungry dey worry dem.... na bcoz d jam dey tend dem sef wan make e no b like say dem no yan
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by Issakendrick: 8:49pm On May 10, 2018
undecided
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by emmydadave: 3:34pm On May 12, 2018
softwerk:
Please who is Danfo Driver
Product Of Indomie Generation Sighted
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by jamjam1991(m): 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
femi4:
They did even before tekno phones came to Nigeria
I mean make the song jam as e dey jam so
Re: "Jogodo": Tekno Called Out By 'Danfo Driver' Mountain Black & Mad Melon by femi4: 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
jamjam1991:
I mean make the song jam as e dey jam so
It was a hit then, tekno version didn't hit....you were probably a kid then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charly-Boy Kneels In Front Of Lady-Di At The Airport / Davido: Sony Music Entertainment Confirms Deal / Caption This Photo Of Odunlade Adekola At The Tecno Camon CX Pro Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.