Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) (37180 Views)

My Gas Cylinder Was Stolen Tonight / How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion / Why Carry A Gas Lighter!!!! When Ur Wrist Watch Can Do It!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by wellmax(m): 9:38am On May 10, 2018
Auladimeji:
Okay na, please if you wanna shake yours please go to a field where there is no one since life don tire you

The guy is right why tell us something is wrong without any reason and point to prove.
I have been shaking for decades yet no incidence.

Abeg Op carry your yeye warning and go away jare

1 Like

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Nobody: 9:40am On May 10, 2018
X

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by wellmax(m): 9:41am On May 10, 2018
partnerbiz4:
no Scientific or empirical back up
makes no sense

Exactly. Nothing to prove his point, just shallow native intelligence

1 Like

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by AngelicBeing: 9:50am On May 10, 2018
partnerbiz4:

makes no sense
tongue

1 Like

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by wizrose(m): 9:55am On May 10, 2018
AshCoded:

lol....see dis guy o

do u kwn me ....no.

do u kwn mayb am already making my money ?...no

nd moreover D topic here is abt shaking cylinder nd nt abt politics or buhari's whatever

if u wanna tok abt politics, we have a section for it kindly move there.

he's talking abt lazy Nigeria youth.....if u r nt one of dem...u should be where u r making ur money NW nd nt talking abt politics wen pple r discussing abt safety tips.

Arrant nonsense.

grin
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Emvico34: 9:59am On May 10, 2018
ok
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Nobody: 10:00am On May 10, 2018
Thanks for this information OP.
I'm guilty of this, I do this almost every day.
Each time I want to cook I must shake my cylinder to know the level of my gas.
But not anymore, thanks to you!
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by wizrose(m): 10:00am On May 10, 2018
ReneeNuttall:

You dat uses gas cylinder much how does dat make u different from me.
at list am not using fire wood .. grin
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by ekems2017(f): 10:03am On May 10, 2018
And I shake mine just yesterday. Thks so much for the information
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Nobody: 10:05am On May 10, 2018
uzohrome:
Okay, shaking has become a pattern since I was in sec till today. Okay now I will be using cold water thanks. Even roadside refillers shakes the cylinders like palm wine during refilling time. But for your discovery madu ga eke nkucha maka nkucha abulo ujo. Enjoy ur day guys

Hahaha.

Abi oooo, what then can he say about that?
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Nobody: 10:06am On May 10, 2018
amakadihot87:
......go up and you will see someone who explained it with kinetic theory .....
i hope thats what you are looking for

He was pulling it out of his ass. It doesn't make it a true, scentific, empirical evidence. Plus it was not even coherent. Talking about pressure then moved to damaged burner, lol.

1 Like

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Praktikals(m): 10:10am On May 10, 2018
slotA4:

Just pray he completes those projects before he packs his load in 2023.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by delzbaba(m): 10:40am On May 10, 2018
partnerbiz4:

makes no sense
abeg keep shaking your cylinder well well
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Originalsly: 10:40am On May 10, 2018
How does shaking make someone know how much gas is left?...can a shaker explain?
...and why would water on the outside show gas level?....unused gas settles at the bottom? Such ignorance and people are thanking Op for the advice.
What is dangerous is having a faulty/leaky cylinder head.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by pedrilo: 10:41am On May 10, 2018
partnerbiz4:

makes no sense
i know ur type, u prefer to learn from experience.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by amakadihot87(f): 10:42am On May 10, 2018
Penisinpenisout:

He was pulling it out of his ass. It doesn't make it a true, scentific, empirical evidence. Plus it was not even coherent. Talking about pressure then moved to damaged burner, lol.
........lol......you must have been a stubborn student............gush i just noticed your handle........
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by SMILEGOLD(m): 10:47am On May 10, 2018
this is hard to believe buh e no mean say ah go try am again
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Nobody: 10:53am On May 10, 2018
amakadihot87:
........lol......you must have been a stubborn student
Yeah, I like to argue. It helps me learn quickly.

............gush i just noticed your handle........

No.no.no.no, don't let that define the way you look at me.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Jbleenk: 11:01am On May 10, 2018
But how do they manage when transporting gas to retailer's destination? Have u forgotten massive potholes are imbedded on our roads?

1 Like

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by hikmojj(m): 11:03am On May 10, 2018
Josh64:
Even if doing it sounds dangerous, you backed it up with no fact and therefore is not FP worthy!

Kai! The mod wey push this thing come front page fall my hand o.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by elbuzzy(m): 11:05am On May 10, 2018
I am not understanding even when u go to refill locally they still shake then allow atmospheric pressure,they repeat the process through out the refilling.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Galaxydon1(m): 11:08am On May 10, 2018
so the truck that conveys it doesn't shake while on the road. even the still shake it after refilling it. it doesn't have any effect bro
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by onyxo76(m): 11:16am On May 10, 2018
na lie. Gas cylinders burst at over 100 bars. no shaking can get to that pressure. the working pressure is even less than 5 bars �

1 Like

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Deji63: 11:19am On May 10, 2018
This is quite true. Its not safe to shake a filled cylinder.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by darlenese(f): 11:21am On May 10, 2018
partnerbiz4:

makes no sense

abi oo. oya just donate yourself as specimen A . let's carry out the scientific research
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Nobody: 11:22am On May 10, 2018
Thanks.. Nice info..
The mod dat moved dis will replace Buhari as president come 2019.. Better claim it and stop doubting.. Are u God?

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Amhappy(f): 11:24am On May 10, 2018
moststylish:
but road side gas refillers shake it when refilling how come there has never been any incidence of such, I am even a road side refilers for over 2 years now

It a very dangerous thing to do. Shaking gets the content more agitated. It can lead to an explosion.Please buy a gauge and use.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by jaytime(m): 11:27am On May 10, 2018
But those guys that fill gas cylinders always turn their own longer cylinders upside down and shake them to release gas to customers' cylinders.
Anyway, noted!
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by chiochio1(m): 11:30am On May 10, 2018
Thank you , any time that i'm broke i shake the gas more than 5 times a day

marvelck:
You don't have to shake the gas cylinder to know the level of its content.
Just wet a side of the cylinder with water. After a while, the used top part will be dry and the lower part with gas will remain wet. The wet portion tells you the amount of gas left. Most times we shake our gas cylinders to check if it is finished or not. That is a very dangerous thing to do. It could be suicidal.
Kindly share with friends and family

*Pls Lalasticlala, Mods kindly move this post to front-page to pass the information to everybody and create more awareness
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by oluplus(m): 11:51am On May 10, 2018
hapydaddy:
The molecules of the gas can gain more kinetic energy when u shake it as the molecules collides with each other and also the wall of the gas container ( kinetic theory of gases) and this will lead to increase in pressure ( pressure and volume are inversely proportional: Boyles law). Any slight alterations could Lead to a massive explosion most especially if u have a damaged burner.

You started your theory very well but now messed it up with the word "alteartion". In a closed environment, nothing escapes,. There can't be any explosion if there is no leakage.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by authority2006(m): 11:54am On May 10, 2018
Penisinpenisout:

I don't think this is true. You may have watched that fake video of 2 guys shaking a gas cylinder and it exploded. It was an edited video and nothing more. There are alot of taxis over here that use gas cylinder as their fuel, if what you said is true, there should be alot more explosion in this country than anywhere in the world because cars are constantly in vibration while in motion, not to mention when they enter bad roads.
I watched that video and I knew immediately that it was a made up video. How many retailers had suffered explosion in Nigeria due to shaking of the gas cylinders because, that's what they do all the time?
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Remii(m): 12:06pm On May 10, 2018
This sounds funny to me though, can gas settle inside unpartitioned container? This theory of wet and dry areas of cylinder is against gas law. P1V1/T1 = P2V2/T2= Constant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? / Nonuplets: 27-year-old Halima Cisse Returns To Mali (photos) / I will deny my husband sex until he pays his debt — wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.