Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) (37213 Views)

My Gas Cylinder Was Stolen Tonight / How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion / Why Carry A Gas Lighter!!!! When Ur Wrist Watch Can Do It!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 1:16pm On May 11, 2018
laudate:

You sound so pained over this matter. sad Please take a panadol for your headache, o! shocked

I refill my cylinders at a reputable gas plant, not a roadside gas reseller's stall. The tare weight is clearly seen, when my empty cylinder is placed on their digital platform scale, while the weight is also clearly seen, when the cylinder gets filled up. Their dispenser is a digital one, that even gives you a printout, at the point of refill. So what else is needed? Please if you are a reseller of platform scales, looking for someone to hoodwink into buying your scale, biko take your business elsewhere. I don't need it.

If you have bought indicators which have not worked for you in the past, too bad. That is your own cup of tea... undecided
bla bla bla, what's the name of the gas plant you refill from? I bet it's something you don't know, just like the name of your non existent gas indicator. People like you are known to always make abstract statements just to appear to be in the know, when you don't even know how many pubic hair is on your swollen pudenda.

I'll have you know, I work in a gas plant and there's nothing you can tell me. Now just take a chill pill and relax with a bottle of cold water. tongue
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 1:24pm On May 11, 2018
J2381:
bla bla bla, what's the name of the gas plant you refill from? I bet it's something you don't know, just like the name of your non existent gas indicator. People like you are known to always make abstract statements just to appear to be in the know, when you don't even know how many pubic hair is on your swollen pudenda.

I'll have you know, I work in a gas plant and there's nothing you can tell me. Now just take a chill pill and relax with a bottle of cold water. tongue

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by oluplus(m): 2:29pm On May 11, 2018
hapydaddy:

So if the burner is not properly set and gas molecules escapes it is not an "alteration"
Explain pls Mr ITK...

Easy Oga. My response was in relation to the subject at hand (shaking of cylinder). If the burner is not properly set, yes gas molecules will ordinarily escape, whether you shake the cylinder or not. Op never mentioned a weak or loose burner
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by oluplus(m): 2:34pm On May 11, 2018
laudate:

You are right. But if the walls of the cylinder are weak or the valve head is leaking, then any shaking of such a cylinder, could cause gas molecules to escape and an explosion might occur. undecided Unfortunately, there is no recertification method for a lot of gas cylinders in this country. You see many cylinders with rusted bodies or shells, still being used to store and fill gas! shocked It is hazardous.

Thanks for your observation. If the valve head is weak or there is a leakage, you dont have to shake the cylinder before gas molecules will escape, so this has nothing to do with shaking of cylinder. Op wants us to believe that it is wrong to shake cylinders, even when all other components are ok. That is where I disagree with him unless he explains the brain behind it

1 Like

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 4:44pm On May 11, 2018
[quote author=laudate post=67470299][/quote]...

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 4:48pm On May 11, 2018
oluplus:

Thanks for your observation. If the valve head is weak or there is a leakage, you dont have to shake the cylinder before gas molecules will escape, so this has nothing to do with shaking of cylinder. Op wants us to believe that it is wrong to shake cylinders, even when all other components are ok. That is where I disagree with him unless he explains the brain behind it
the OP doesn't know what he's talking. I work in an LPG refilling plant. I've seen people like the OP who believe they know stuff about LPG/LPG cylinders, when they don't even know anything.

I want to even ask the OP how shaking of cylinder is dangerous? And what will happen if/when a person shake a cylinder.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 5:30pm On May 11, 2018
J2381:

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by energybank(m): 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
informative
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by BrightJovanni(m): 10:18am On Jan 12, 2020
To be honest, shaking of LPG cylinders does not cause explosion.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.quora.com/Considering-the-vibration-LPG-cylinders-undergo-while-transporting-them-how-comes-it-is-not-safe-to-shake-a-near-empty-LPG-cylinder-as-depicted-in-a-viral-video-showing-a-tank-exploding-in-while-shaking-the-near&ved=2ahUKEwj85eWg2P3mAhXhmFwKHeMlBP8QjjgwCXoECAoQAw&usg=AOvVaw2jmsyu7BtkjggYLGZNcakF

Also, this YouTube video is fake:
https://youtu.be/sH8xtaZ-NN0

The most likely cause of gas cylinder explosion is increase in temperature of the gas in the cylinder. Also, cylinders can explode if ruptured (especially if an ignition is nearby).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Finger Nails Pregnant Woman Got For Her Baby Shower... / MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife / Man Impregnates, Dumps 17-Year-Old In Ogun (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.