Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,400 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) (37194 Views)

My Gas Cylinder Was Stolen Tonight / How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion / Why Carry A Gas Lighter!!!! When Ur Wrist Watch Can Do It!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by homesteady(m): 12:09pm On May 10, 2018
Those with ugly and really defaced Cylinders unko?
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 10, 2018
partnerbiz4:
no Scientific or empirical back up

makes no sense

None whatsoever but Nigerians will lap it right up sad
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Tonytonex(m): 12:35pm On May 10, 2018
marvelck:
You don't have to shake the gas cylinder to know the level of its content.
Just wet a side of the cylinder with water. After a while, the used top part will be dry and the lower part with gas will remain wet. The wet portion tells you the amount of gas left. Most times we shake our gas cylinders to check if it is finished or not. That is a very dangerous thing to do. It could be suicidal.
Kindly share with friends and family

*Pls Lalasticlala, Mods kindly move this post to front-page to pass the information to everybody and create more awareness
BASELESS. IT CAN ONLY BE DANGEROUS IF U HAVE A BAD CYL.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Kingsolar: 1:10pm On May 10, 2018
moststylish:
but road side gas refillers shake it when refilling how come there has never been any incidence of such, I am even a road side refilers for over 2 years now
U never knew but now ur told.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Sike(m): 1:25pm On May 10, 2018
Na Skake bumbum sure pass
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by UncutSk(m): 1:33pm On May 10, 2018
Propane and butane are safe fuels, but we still need to deal with gas with caution. Here are some safety measures that you should take when dealing with gas cylinders.
Contact us for more information
Would you like to know more about our products? Do not hesitate to contact us. We have an answer to all your questions
Go to the contactform
Diebeke 12
9500 Geraardsbergen
Tel +32 (0)54 41 41 11
Fax +32 (0)54 41 40 28
Webdesign by Lin and NL EN FR
Do not drop the cylinders while moving them —
Use gloves when the bottles are wet, dirty and slippery and hold the top part firmly. —
Wear sturdy shoes when moving cylinders —
Empty gas bottles may seem empty, but they may still contain some gas. Test this by shaking the cylinder. —
Never fill empty gas cylinders yourself! A regulated gas supplier ensures a proper filling of gas. The cylinder should also meet certain security measures that users are not informed about. —
Please note that gas cylinders contain fluid, this fluid moves when you move the bottles. —
Gas cylinders are heavy! Do not go beyond your strength. Try to minimize the movement of gas cylindrs. When moving them use a lift or cart. —
Choose a safe place to store your gas cylinders —
Choose a location that is easily accessible when replacing the gas cylinders —
Connected cylinders should be placed indoors. —
Cylinders that are not connected are preferably stored outdoors. —
Always place cylinders upright, with the bottom on a flat surface and in a well-ventilated area. —
Because propane and butane are heavier than air, the gas cylinders should never be placed in basements or confined areas under the ground level. —
Do not place the cylinders in the vicinity of vehicles, even only to avoid the damage while moving the cylinders. —
Place cylinders at a safe distance of at least 3 meters from any corrosive, toxic or oxidizing materials, unless they are seperated by a fire resistant wall. —
Avoid the presence of combustible materials near gas cylinders —
Never place a bottle next to fixed sources of ignition, unprotected electrical installationa or sources of extreme heat. —
Connect one gas cylinder to maximum one device.

https://www.seminck.be/en/our-products/gas-cylinders/safe-handling-of-gas-cylinders

op stop copying rubbish
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by UncutSk(m): 1:34pm On May 10, 2018
Do not drop the cylinders while moving them —
Use gloves when the bottles are wet, dirty and slippery and hold the top part firmly. —
Wear sturdy shoes when moving cylinders —
Empty gas bottles may seem empty, but they may still contain some gas. Test this by shaking the cylinder. —
Never fill empty gas cylinders yourself! A regulated gas supplier ensures a proper filling of gas. The cylinder should also meet certain security measures that users are not informed about. —
Please note that gas cylinders contain fluid, this fluid moves when you move the bottles. —
Gas cylinders are heavy! Do not go beyond your strength. Try to minimize the movement of gas cylindrs. When moving them use a lift or cart. —
Choose a safe place to store your gas cylinders —
Choose a location that is easily accessible when replacing the gas cylinders —
Connected cylinders should be placed indoors. —
Cylinders that are not connected are preferably stored outdoors. —
Always place cylinders upright, with the bottom on a flat surface and in a well-ventilated area. —
Because propane and butane are heavier than air, the gas cylinders should never be placed in basements or confined areas under the ground level. —
Do not place the cylinders in the vicinity of vehicles, even only to avoid the damage while moving the cylinders. —
Place cylinders at a safe distance of at least 3 meters from any corrosive, toxic or oxidizing materials, unless they are seperated by a fire resistant wall. —
Avoid the presence of combustible materials near gas cylinders —
Never place a bottle next to fixed sources of ignition, unprotected electrical installationa or sources of extreme heat. —
Connect one gas cylinder to maximum one device.

https://www.seminck.be/en/our-products/gas-cylinders/safe-handling-of-gas-cylinders

op stop copying rubbish
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by luluman: 2:18pm On May 10, 2018
Auladimeji:
Okay na, please if you wanna shake yours please go to a field where there is no one since life don tire you..
Please put your p.enis in a fire, it doesn't have Scientific backup
What are you saying? That guy is correct.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:16pm On May 10, 2018
luluman:
What are you saying? That guy is correct.
Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. You can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by HORLADSTAR(m): 4:35pm On May 10, 2018
Wow i learned a new thing
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Eazie351(m): 4:44pm On May 10, 2018
even when the gas is about to finish when I'm cooking, i can't still shake abi?
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by hapydaddy: 7:53pm On May 10, 2018
oluplus:

You started your theory very well but now messed it up with the word "alteartion". In a closed environment, nothing escapes,. There can't be any explosion if there is no leakage.

So if the burner is not properly set and gas molecules escapes it is not an "alteration"
Explain pls Mr ITK...
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by chukskafor(m): 9:24pm On May 10, 2018
DavidEsq:

There is no difference between ur head and the akamu inside the OP's own?
lol; na me you call akamu head ba? Apostle must hear this
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by DavidEsq(m): 9:51pm On May 10, 2018
chukskafor:
lol; na me you call akamu head ba? Apostle must hear this
grin grin grin
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by Michaelisaacng(m): 11:49pm On May 10, 2018
OUR ESTATES COMES WITH GREAT FACILITIES.

Presenting...

VILLA GARDEN CITY ESTATE
Magboro-Ibafo currently selling for 700k per plot (Registered survey)

CHRISTAL VILLA KING'S COURT, Akpakin, Ibeju-Lekki of #5m per plot but selling currently on promo for #2.5m.
Close to Dangote refinery

CHRISTAL VILLA GARDEN - ITAMARUN, Ibeju-Lekki of #2.5 per plot but currently selling on promo for #2m.
Close to Dangote refinery

CHRISTAL VILLA GOLD - PHASE 2, Igbogun Road, Ibeju-Lekki which is also selling for #800k per plot.
Close to LA campaigne tropicana beach resort

In the ancient city of Ibadan, we have CHRISTAL VILLA KENTOPS, ELEBU GRA, Off Akala Expressway, Ibadan also selling for #800k per plot.

CHRISTAL VILLA MARIAM MANOR'S in Akpabuyo, Calabar which is currently selling for introductory price of #1m per plot.

We hope you find one that fits your budget.

For more Enquiries and Inspection

Whatsapp: ☎+2348060606005
Telephone: ☎+2348080553162
E-mail Add:� citiviewprojects@gmail.com

Contact us @ Block 8F, Bourdillon Estate Off Chevron Drive, Lekki Epe Express Way.

https://www.facebook.com/citiviewprojects/
�kindly click and like our page for more info.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 8:21am On May 11, 2018
marvelck:
You don't have to shake the gas cylinder to know the level of its content.
Just wet a side of the cylinder with water. After a while, the used top part will be dry and the lower part with gas will remain wet. The wet portion tells you the amount of gas left. Most times we shake our gas cylinders to check if it is finished or not. That is a very dangerous thing to do. It could be suicidal.
Kindly share with friends and family

*Pls Lalasticlala, Mods kindly move this post to front-page to pass the information to everybody and create more awareness
how will you tell the amount of gas left in KG?
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 10:12am On May 11, 2018
oluplus:
You started your theory very well but now messed it up with the word "alteartion". In a closed environment, nothing escapes,. There can't be any explosion if there is no leakage.

You are right. But if the walls of the cylinder are weak or the valve head is leaking, then any shaking of such a cylinder, could cause gas molecules to escape and an explosion might occur. undecided Unfortunately, there is no recertification method for a lot of gas cylinders in this country. You see many cylinders with rusted bodies or shells, still being used to store and fill gas! shocked It is hazardous.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 10:18am On May 11, 2018
J2381:
how will you tell the amount of gas left in KG?
The best thing is to use a gas regulator with a measuring gauge which can be attached to the cylinder.

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 10:37am On May 11, 2018
laudate:

The best thing is to use a gas regulator with a measuring gauge which can be attached to the cylinder.

most of these gauge don't work. Especially with Needle and UT feeders.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 10:46am On May 11, 2018
J2381:
most of these gauge don't work. Especially with Needle and UT feeders.

How many have you tried? We are talking about the normal regulators used for domestic cooking gas cylinders, o.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 11:27am On May 11, 2018
laudate:

How many have you tried? We are talking about the normal regulators used for domestic cooking gas cylinders, o.
I've tried all the regulators. I'm into gas. Most of those regulators don't tell you squat! They mostly let you know if your regulator is open or it's leaking gas. Other than that, it's nothing else.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 11:32am On May 11, 2018
J2381:
I've tried all the regulators. I'm into gas. Most of those regulators don't tell you squat! They mostly let you know if your regulator is open or it's leaking gas. Other than that, it's nothing else.
I have been using one for the past 2 years, and it still works quite well. There are good and bad regulators in the market, or what is termed 'original' and 'fake'. Search well. undecided
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 11:36am On May 11, 2018
laudate:

I have been using one for the past 2 years, and it still works quite well. There are good and bad regulators in the market, or what is termed 'original' and 'fake'. Search well. undecided
you're saying the one you use let you know the number of KG you have in your gas cylinder? shocked please tell me the name of the regulator and what type, i'm curious to know.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 11:39am On May 11, 2018
J2381:
you're saying the one you use let you know the number of KG you have in your gas cylinder? shocked please tell me the name of the regulator and what type, i'm curious to know.

It lets me know if my cylinder is full, half-empty or totally empty. It lets me know the amount of gas content still left in the cylinder, so I can know when to start planning for a refill. I will check the manufacturer's name, and let you know when I get home.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 11:42am On May 11, 2018
laudate:

It lets me know if my cylinder is full, half-empty or totally empty. It lets me know the amount of gas content still left in the cylinder, so I can know when to start planning for a refill. I will check the manufacturer's name, and let you know when I get home.
i'm truly inspired. You're saying it let's you know all this and you didn't bother to know the name of the manufacturer? Wow!

Does the gas regulator let you know the amount of gas left in your cylinder in psi or KG?
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 11:44am On May 11, 2018
J2381:
i'm truly inspired. You're saying it let's you know all this and you didn't bother to know the name of the manufacturer? Wow!

Does the gas regulator let you know the amount of gas left in your cylinder in psi or KG?

Nobody has ever asked me for the name of the manufacturer before....you are the first. As for kg or psi, I can't tell. I am not standing close to the cylinder to check. undecided
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 11:45am On May 11, 2018
laudate:

Nobody has ever asked me for the name of the manufacturer before....you are the first. As for kg or psi, I can't tell. I am not standing close to the cylinder to check. undecided
how tha hell do you know if your cylinder is full, half full or empty?
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 11:47am On May 11, 2018
J2381:
how tha hell do you know if your cylinder is full, half full or empty?
From the indicator on the gauge, just like this one.

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 12:13pm On May 11, 2018
laudate:

From the indicator on the gauge, just like this one.

indicators use pressure gauge to show the pressure level of gas tanks/cylinders. If the pressure is high, the tank/cylinder full, if it's low or getting low, it's empty or there about.

The most effective way of knowing if your cylinder is getting empty or not is to get a scale to weigh it. Those indicators are scam.
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 12:15pm On May 11, 2018
J2381:
indicators use pressure gauge to show the pressure level of gas tanks/cylinders. If the pressure is high, the tank/cylinder full, if it's low or getting low, it's empty or there about.

The most effective way of knowing if your cylinder is getting empty or not is to get a scale to weigh it. Those indicators are scam.

The indicator has been working for my needs. If it has not worked for you, then that is your own cup of tea. undecided Sorry. You can get a platform scale to weigh your own cylinder, if that is what works for you.

Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by J2381: 12:48pm On May 11, 2018
laudate:

The indicator has been working for my needs. If it has not worked for you, then that is your own cup of tea. undecided Sorry. You can get a platform scale to weigh your own cylinder, if that is what works for you.
LOL. Working for you in order to deceive you. Menh! I love customers like you, no be small. Una maga level no be here oh. Lmao!
Re: Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) by laudate: 12:54pm On May 11, 2018
J2381:
LOL. Working for you in order to deceive you. Menh! I love customers like you, no be small. Una maga level no be here oh. Lmao!
You sound so pained over this matter. sad Please take a panadol for your headache, o! shocked

I refill my cylinders at a reputable gas plant, not a roadside gas reseller's stall. The tare weight is clearly seen, when my empty cylinder is placed on their digital platform scale, while the gross weight is also clearly seen, when the cylinder gets filled up. Their dispenser is a digital one, that even gives you a printout, at the point of refill. So what else is needed? Please if you are a reseller of platform scales, looking for someone to hoodwink into buying your scale, biko take your business elsewhere. I don't need it.

If you have bought indicators which have not worked for you in the past, too bad. That is your own cup of tea... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I will deny my husband sex until he pays his debt — wife / The Finger Nails Pregnant Woman Got For Her Baby Shower... / MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.