Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour (36866 Views)

Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" / Qantas Airlines Is The World’s Safest Airline For 2019.See The Top 20 Safest / Singapore Airlines Is The World's Best Airline For 2019.See Top 10 Best Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by SIRTee15: 8:35am On May 14, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
all we know for fact is that she was kicked off the plane..what we don't know is the series of events that led to her being kicked off..that is where the article is at fault because it describes the incident based on the woman's own account which will obviously be biased towards her..we need to get the accounts of the airline, the other passenger and other witnesses before we can fully judge what happened. That is all I am saying that all these lazy youths quoting me don't seem to understand.

Ur initial post clearly stated that the airline was right to kick her out because of body odour.....
U are now trying to change your narrative when the heat was turned on u.....
If u had written the above earlier nobody will attack u.....
Nobody attacked egunmogaji because her post was neutral....
None of us know what truly happened.....
But if we are follow the woman's narrative....
That was clearly abuse of white privilege.....
My friend once reported his white flat mates because of their dirty hygiene in the flat.....
They wouldn't dispose the trash, they would leave their plates unwashed for days in the sink, improper use of the bathroom n whatever.....
The response he got from the council flat managers was shocking.....
They warned him to learn to live in peace n harmony with his flatmates n not look for trouble where there's none.....
None of the concerns he raised were addressed n he had to leave the flat when he couldn't take it anymore....
Oyinbo dey complain say someone dirty....
Yeye dey smell....
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by hot1sauce(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2018
SIRTee15:

Ur initial post clearly stated that the airline was right to kick her out because of body odour.....
My friend once reported his white flat mates because of their dirty hygiene in the flat.....
They wouldn't dispose the trash, they would leave their plates unwashed for days in the sink, improper use of the bathroom n whatever.....
They warned him to learn to live in peace n harmony with his flatmates n not look for trouble where there's none.....
None of the concerns he raised were addressed n he had to leave the flat when he couldn't take it anymore....
Yeye dey smell....

I try not to include my personal bias when judging a case like this..of course as a Nigerian myself, I will be predisposed to thinking there is racism involved and if I was her lawyer, I would argue the same because my intention obviously is to win the case for my client at all costs. But as a neutral observer, and taking other factors into consideration, like the airlines history, the fact that white people too get kicked off flights frequently and the Nigerian factor of our well known unruly behaviour, I cannot fully make that judgment or assumption until more accounts and evidence is presented. Simple. Huhn I must say I genuinely feel for our brother slyfoxxjoe. U see its not that people are attacking you.... but its like sirtee15 said.... your narrative changed and I personally don't think that's a bad thing. I just believe maybe people didn't see that you were giving both a personal and professional opinion at different points of the discussion. Btw I think this is a genuinely interesting topic and the main problem causing all of this is like you've both said "none of us know what truly happened" and we can only go on what we can infer from the article. I'm very interested to know how possible it is to prove that United Airlines also kick people that are not of colour of their flights whether or not for the same suggestible reasons i.e. if there r any articles or publications that one can be referred to. and I empathise with what the brother is saying above because I to have lived in the white man's country and I'm familiar with instances from my days at university, living in shared surroundings amongst those who are racially different from you and truthfully you do witness things. it's very true what the above poster said, if you are the minority its very likely or maybe better to say possible that you will be treated unfairly and experience some form of prejudice/discrimination- but whether or not its racism, well I ask is there a subjective test to determine this if we are examining this issue from a legal standpoint?
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 14, 2018
ojlifa:
the beauty of the internet,people can run there mouth at anybody while hiding behind fake names,but let me ask you quickly are you sure you can repeat any of your statement in person

Yes, I am sure..let's arrange meeting so I can say it to your face..
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 14, 2018
SIRTee15:

Yeye dey smell....

Nope, you're wrong sir..read my initial post again..I used the word 'maybe'..you know people use that word when they feel something is conceivable but not certain right? All I said was that every time we hear stories of other Nigerians encountering misfortunes abroad, we automatically conclude it is due to racism even without seeing any further evidence. We never like to acknowledge our own faults and the possibility that we may be the cause of the problem. Is it possible this was a racist act? of course it is but given the information we have now and my own personal knowledge of that airline, I find it extremely hard to believe..I am more incline to believe the woman is not giving us the full story here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by 1Sharon(f): 3:48pm On May 15, 2018
mercyville:

A thief will never accept that he is a thief.Igbos had always have this distinct pungent smell.Maybe it is their culture of not bathing for seven days and drinking dead body water.I can't stand pungent smell either.Thank God the white people quickly alerted the captain before she caused a major accident that will make hearts bleed.

Omg lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by YelloweWest: 5:58pm On May 21, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
you're an I'm.becile for suggesting I have never been on an international flight. You clearly think I walked to the UK and US where I obtained my undergraduate and postgraduate degrees respectively. Having money to buy soap has nothing to do with not being mindful of personal hygiene..you obviously lack comprehensive skills. My point is that you cannot just listen to her account and pass judgment without getting the full story. I know that airline and the idea they are racist is stupid. They will only kick you off for good reason and they kick many white people off daily but you don't hear about it till it happens to one black person.
So u know the pilot and the man in question are not racist?
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by Dralin(m): 9:16am On Nov 16, 2018
staying in a bus,keke,train or plane with someone that smells shit is terrible,am just voicing my experience,on my way from lagos to imo sometime ago i boarded a last bus.If only they would return 50 percent of my money i would have forgo the bus.Had to stay with this man that was pungent infact acidic smell...when i eventually got home i literally took my bath 6 consecutive times and disposed my polo(cheap tho) as the smell no gree go
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by hot1sauce(m): 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2018
LMAO this thread is still open HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by tobby20: 8:48am On Nov 13, 2019
tragergeorge:
After una go de blame yahoo boys, did anyone read the comments on a post by these white people pertaining that jcole show, they were even mocking us that we can't afford school, but we affording shows and I phones....make dem no worry,dem go hear word,
Come teach me yahoo nah , please , frustration wan kill me boss

Anyway ,good news is, now loading any local Yankee bank, uber cc, wlamart or any cc ,instant reflecting, even that broke client can make you blow

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by tragergeorge(m): 8:53am On Nov 13, 2019
[quote author=tobby20 post=83981883][/quote]where you de
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by tobby20: 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
tragergeorge:
where you de
I dey lagos , ayobo boss , abeg boss show me love , God bless you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by tragergeorge(m): 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
tobby20:

I dey lagos , ayobo boss , abeg boss show me love , God bless you
which kind love I wan show na,,we de far I de Delta,,,
Re: Nigerian Woman Sues US Airline For Ejecting Her Over Body Odour by tobby20: 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
tragergeorge:
which kind love I wan show na,,we de far I de Delta,,,
i
Okay bro i appreciate , at least you dey willing to help , unlike some people wey no want make people chop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Sujourn Through The Mystical Forest Of Igbo Olodumare...ondo State. / Urgent! Recent Uk Student Visa Refusal Letter: Way Foward Pls? / Homosexuality: Nigerians Now Top Asylum Seekers In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.