Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

How To Move Permanently To Canada WITHOUT AN AGENT - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Move Permanently To Canada WITHOUT AN AGENT (3593 Views)

How Can Relocate And Work Canada Without Experience Or Qualification With 3m / The REAL TRUTH about living and working permanently in Canada / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

How To Move Permanently To Canada WITHOUT AN AGENT by Idonmakeam: 7:30am On May 13, 2018
I thought I should share my knowledge with people who may want to move to Canada in the nearest future. Most of the people I have helped with immigration applications have often argued that the process is cumbersome due to some technicalities involved in some immigration programmes, an assertion I find lazy. All that you need to sucessfully move to Australia, Canada, United State, New Zealand, the EU and other western countries is information and some MONEY. If you don’t have money, do not even attempt starting the process.

Most of the information needed to successfully process immigration applications are already in the public domain, however, information are often hidden by agents so as to maximise profit. Nevertheless, I will go ahead and share some of the basics to help you successfully complete your application yourself. I shall cover the most basic step in this article to help you prepare your application and then I will make a part 2 of the article to conclude my points. Note, this is only for Canadian Federal Express Entry Programme.

First Step

Register for your your English Language Proficiency Exams, there are various English Proficiency Certificates accepted by the Canadian Immigration Board:

IELTS – International English Language Testing System. To register with them, find a test location in your country, see the test fee or to contact them directly, visit their international website.

CELPIP – The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program. Visit, register or read about them on their site.

IELTS is a popular English Proficiency. However, people can register whichever one they like, there are other options, including French.

In order for you to move to Canada as a professional worker with a university degree, you will need to show that you can speak and write in English at an acceptable level. Someone may ask, what do you mean by an acceptable level? I will explain with an illustration using the most difficult section of the test – READING. IELTS for example score people based on a 9 point scale, you are advice to score at least 6 point, see table below. The exams are usually whatever you score over 40 (instead of in percentage). Please view the table one the site as it isn't showing clearly here on NL

Band Score 9 8.5 8 7.5 7 6.5 6 5.5 5 4.5 4 3.5 3 2.5
Score /40 40 39 37-38 36 34-35 32- 33 30-32 27- 29 23-26 19- 22 15-18 12- 14 9-11 6 – 8
Scoring Scale for Reading (IELTS General).

The exam is divided into three sections with each having its own score:

Writing
Reading
Listening
Speaking
Generally to make at least 6 point in most of the above sections, you will need to score 25 out of 40 (Except in READING where a slightly higher point is required as shown in the table above). For most Africans, scores are issued on a percentage scale, hence, people often get confused as to what exactly is expected of them, hence, we shall convert the minimum required point 6 to percentage. Since, 25 over 40 will give you a 6 points then in percentage:

x = 25/40.
x = 0.625.
Change the decimal number 0.625 to a percent. x = 62.5%. Therefore you will need to score at least 63% (Except in READING, see table above).

An important point to note is that, the higher your English score, the better your chances of going through successfully. The Express Entry Programme award a maximum of 24 points for English proficiency, that means if you are able to score 8.5 – 9 points in all your English abilities – writing, reading, listening and speaking, you will be awarded the maximum score of 24 points for English whereas someone with an all round 6 points in English abilities maybe awarded 13, just as an example. Therefore, aim to score as high as possible. The test is not as difficult as people think as any average student could easily score between 6 and 8.5 or even 9 in the various sections of the test. I will leave English at this point.

Next step

Look for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) company online then....... https://whistletimes.com/2018/05/13/canada-2/
Re: How To Move Permanently To Canada WITHOUT AN AGENT by Shalomc(f): 8:27am On May 13, 2018
Nice work. But move to the main thread to learn.
Re: How To Move Permanently To Canada WITHOUT AN AGENT by mejorhofficial(m): 8:38am On May 13, 2018
Re: How To Move Permanently To Canada WITHOUT AN AGENT by Idonmakeam: 9:05am On May 13, 2018
Shalomc:
Nice work. But move to the main thread to learn.

I have been helping people so not learning, just sharing part of a write up.
Re: How To Move Permanently To Canada WITHOUT AN AGENT by Damzy007: 9:07am On May 13, 2018
Re: How To Move Permanently To Canada WITHOUT AN AGENT by justwise(m): 9:54am On May 13, 2018

(1)

Ask Me Anything About Brazil And I'll Give You A First Hand Information / My America Journey... / Let's Tour Together For Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.